The real face of Islam...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

The real face of Islam...

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 07, 2014 1:21 pm

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is sending fewer than 10 military troops to Nigeria as part of the U.S. effort to help find nearly 300 girls kidnapped by the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram. A Pentagon spokesman says officials have no plans now to launch any military operations.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/pentagon-no-military-ops-planned-yet-for-nigeria/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: The real face of Islam...

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 07, 2014 1:22 pm

You see this happen over and over and over and over again in many countries across the globe...why? Fundamental Islamic teachings, that is why.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm

The right 10 soldiers can do far more than sending a Brigade can in this situation. With the right support and contacts in country those girls might have a chance to be rescued. Their physical and mental condition after a rescue is another subject entirely.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed May 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Indaswamp wrote:You see this happen over and over and over and over again in many countries across the globe...why? Fundamental Islamic teachings, that is why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-t2gzOCSHRk
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 07, 2014 4:25 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:You see this happen over and over and over and over again in many countries across the globe...why? Fundamental Islamic teachings, that is why.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-t2gzOCSHRk

will have to watch that one later tonight...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 07, 2014 10:01 pm

watched the first 5 minutes and realized that I've seen it before...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu May 08, 2014 2:45 pm

you're right, but did you know that now the Christian fundamentalists are killing the helpless (presumably non-fundamentalist) Muslims in retaliation. It goes back and forth with the only constant that it's the intolerant fundamentalists (on either side) doing the despicable acts in the name of God (as they see it for Him, not necessarily how God might see it for him/herself).
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 pm

dudejcb wrote:

you're right, but did you know that now the Christian fundamentalists are killing the helpless (presumably non-fundamentalist) Muslims in retaliation. It goes back and forth with the only constant that it's the intolerant fundamentalists (on either side) doing the despicable acts in the name of God (as they see it for Him, not necessarily how God might see it for him/herself).

link. what country? christians are defending themselves from the onslaught of islam. Islam does not respect freedom of religion. period.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 08, 2014 4:31 pm

and Dude, show me where in the religious text of christians where they condone killing those that refuse to convert....I'll wait...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu May 08, 2014 5:03 pm

dudejcb wrote:

Name me one nation where Islam did not first attack the Christians in modern history. When the Islamic supported government gets knocked out the Christians retailiate. When a group has murdered your family members and is no longer protected in a nation of tribes, just exactly what do you expect will happen? These people are not from an advanced society. They are anywhere from one to zero generations from animists / pagans. That means they are also have not developed the love and kindness version of Christianity the Muslims love to prey on. They will kill everyone they see as responsible for attacking their families. Want some sympathy for the Muslims who did the deed or supported it through their religion and are now being killed in response. I suggest you look somewhere else. We are talking about Africa. It is far more backward than the middle east. How many middle eastern tribes are busy warring on one another just like they always have been? That would be pretty much all of them at one level or another. You expect better from Africa?

I say arm them all and let them shoot it out until the last Christian or Muslim is standing. Dude won't like that since the Muslims would be slaughtered and no longer existing on the continent. He of course would be fine with it if the Christians are all gone since they are not a liberal celebrity cause. I on the other hand don't care who wins. It is not our problem and none of our business.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

link. what country? christians are defending themselves from the onslaught of islam. Islam does not respect freedom of religion. period.

Inda,

I'm not suggesting one is better than the other. I'm saying those who are capable of terrible deeds are on all the various sides, the thread title could be easily pointed in any direction, and the unbridled hate speak doesn't help.

From what I can tell the killing is back and forth for the most part. Always has been. Always atrocious and outrageous. Hard to say who is nicer at killing or who struck the first blow. You know how there is sometimes talk about a circle of violence, generation to generation, within families and we're supposed to break that circle? Same thinking applies to countries, religions, races, and all us versus them routines that we humans often get caught up in.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/10/central-african-republic-christian-militias-revenge
http://www.onenewsnow.com/persecution/2014/02/28/muslim-terrorist-group-continues-rampage-in-africa
http://www.columbia.edu/itc/journalism/nelson/rohde/p-1026.html
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Dude-it has to do with the ideological teachings. sure-any human being is capable of heinous acts, but when back by the ideological belief that they are doing it for God, then that is a problem.

How much do you actually know about the Ideological beliefs of islam???

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Fri May 09, 2014 7:50 am

Indaswamp wrote:Dude-it has to do with the ideological teachings. sure-any human being is capable of heinous acts, but when back by the ideological belief that they are doing it for God, then that is a problem.

How much do you actually know about the Ideological beliefs of islam???

Could not agree more, when they think they're talking to/for God that is a huge problem. I'm not a fan of islamic fundamentalists OR ANY FUNDAMENTALISTS. My only point is that (even tho Islamists seem to be institutionalizing killing on a far greater scale) almost all religions have some wing nuts. the Christian house is not totally spotless, so we should also be willing to call out the crazies that do not represent Christian values, do extreme and disgusting things that perpetuate the cycle. That's it.

Has anyone read Under The Banner of Heaven about MORMON fundamentalists?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Fri May 09, 2014 11:09 am

dudejcb wrote: ....Has anyone read Under The Banner of Heaven about MORMON fundamentalists?

Never read it but if you get a chance watch the movie "September Rain" starring John Voit. Great movie, based on a true story. In their defence though, the Mormons had it pretty rough being run out of their homes in the middle of the night with only what possessions they could cary. That and the kill on site order that was put against them. I could see why they thought a little blood letting was in order.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri May 09, 2014 11:14 am

dudejcb wrote:Has anyone read Under The Banner of Heaven about MORMON fundamentalists?

Why would you? Are Mormon fundamentalists a major threat to world peace? Are they going to get on a plane with me and commit mass murder? Are they involved in almost every single war currently ongoing? If someone puts a video they find offense on a website, will are President be able to lie and blame the mass murder of Americans on Mormon fundamentalists being so outraged by the video that while on a walk, they decided to kill some Americans as Hillary put it?

Islam today is far worse than Christianity was during the Inquisition in terms of body count. Yet, the left seems obsessed with minimizing the threat from Islamists, while they obsess about small pockets of nuts who while scary people, do not have the power to kill and all the other evil that Islamists demonstrate on an almost daily basis.

I simply do not get it.

Would a classical liberal ever be anything but outraged by the actions that are common throughout present day Islam?

Offending a Christian is not a risk to your life. Offend Islam and you could die. That's not me saying that. That is exactly what the President of the United States said. Did people take that explanation as far fetched or did many believe it because they know that it could be true?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 am

dudejcb wrote:

VIETOR: Dude, this was like two hundred years ago. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Lets just say I feel exactly zero guilt about what happened in Iraq. I wish I had been presented the opportunity while there to put a lot more fundamentalist Muslims in the ground. Anyone who believes that blowing up 50 Muslims to kill one American is a good thing deserves a quick and permanent dirt nap.

The people hide the fundamentalists, support them fully, and hide behind their religion as a shield for their entire societies behavior. There quite simply are no innocent Muslims in a true Muslim country. The only question is who is turning on who right now, and what they are going to do and who they are going to turn on tomorrow. Go and live with them Dude. Then come back and talk to me about it.

Don't bother quoting me your experiences with American Muslims. Not a single one of them born here is a "True Muslim". If you are not from the Middle East you are also not a "True Muslim". Ask any of them born overseas and they are happy to tell you all about it. Lets not even get into lying and changing faith to eventually betray others being acceptable. It is a faith of corruption, lies, vice, slavery, and destruction. Frankly if every last one of them fell off the planet today I would throw a party that would last a month.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri May 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Boko Haram and the Kidnapped Schoolgirls
By AYAAN HIRSI ALI

Ms. Ali is a fellow of the Belfer Center at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.

Since the kidnapping of 276 schoolgirls in Nigeria last month, the meaning of Boko Haram—the name used by the terrorist group that seized the girls—has become more widely known. The translation from the Hausa language is usually given in English-language media as "Western Education Is Forbidden," though "Non-Muslim Teaching Is Forbidden" might be more accurate.

But little attention has been paid to the group's formal Arabic name: Jam'at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-da'wa wal-Jihad. That roughly translates as "The Fellowship of the People of the Tradition for Preaching and Holy War." That's a lot less catchy than Boko Haram but significantly more revealing about the group and its mission. Far from being an aberration among Islamist terror groups, as some observers suggest, Boko Haram in its goals and methods is in fact all too representative.

I am often told that the average Muslim wholeheartedly rejects the use of violence and terror, does not share the radicals' belief that a degenerate and corrupt Western culture needs to be replaced with an Islamic one, and abhors the denigration of women's most basic rights. Well, it is time for those peace-loving Muslims to do more, much more, to resist those in their midst who engage in this type of proselytizing before they proceed to the phase of holy war.

It is also time for Western liberals to wake up. If they choose to regard Boko Haram as an aberration, they do so at their peril. The kidnapping of these schoolgirls is not an isolated tragedy; their fate reflects a new wave of jihadism that extends far beyond Nigeria and poses a mortal threat to the rights of women and girls. If my pointing this out offends some people more than the odious acts of Boko Haram, then so be it.

And what did Hillary do about this group?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/07/hillary-s-state-department-refused-to-brand-boko-haram-as-terrorists.html

What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.

“The one thing she could have done, the one tool she had at her disposal, she didn’t use. And nobody can say she wasn’t urged to do it. It’s gross hypocrisy,” said a former senior U.S. official who was involved in the debate. “The FBI, the CIA, and the Justice Department really wanted Boko Haram designated, they wanted the authorities that would provide to go after them, and they voiced that repeatedly to elected officials.”

In May 2012, then-Justice Department official Lisa Monaco (now at the White House) wrote to the State Department to urge Clinton to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. The following month, Gen. Carter Ham, the chief of U.S. Africa Command, said that Boko Haram “are likely sharing funds, training, and explosive materials” with al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. And yet, Hillary Clinton’s State Department still declined to place Boko Haram on its official terrorist roster.

In the House, leading intelligence-minded lawmakers wrote letter after letter to Clinton urging her to designate Boko Haram as terrorists. The effort in the House was led by then-Homeland Security Committee Chairman Peter King and Patrick Meehan, chairman of the Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence.

Meehan and his Democratic counterpart Jackie Speier put out a lengthy report in 2011 laying out the evidentiary basis for naming Boko Haram a terrorist organization, including the group’s ties to al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and to Somalia’s al-Shabab terrorist organization.

These people never learn until it is too late. They cannot be trusted. They will always be behind the curve and always surprised by things that never should have been surprising.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 1:55 pm

good post spinnerman...

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby ibedamn » Fri May 09, 2014 2:58 pm

dudejcb wrote:

Dude, are you really a duck hunter? :huh:
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Moveon.org petitioned to not include Boko Harem as a terrorist organization.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby cartervj » Fri May 09, 2014 7:34 pm

So that explains Hillary's position. Move on was founded to push the Clinton's agenda.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 pm

What Clinton didn’t mention was that her own State Department refused to place Boko Haram on the list of foreign terrorist organizations in 2011, after the group bombed the U.N. headquarters in Abuja. The refusal came despite the urging of the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and over a dozen senators and congressmen.

Spinner.There is always more to a story than that presented by those preaching to the choir.

http://carllevan.com/wp-content/uploads ... inton4.pdf

"We believe that an FTO designation for Boko Haram would limit American policy options to those least likely to work, and would undermine the domestic political conditions necessary in Nigeria for an enduring solution."

What would be, in your opinion, another rationale for Clinton to "refuse" to put this group on a FTO list? She thinks they're cute and they have a good beat you can dance to?
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 10:22 pm

complete BS glimmerjim. Were that the case, the CIA and FBI and the state dept. would not have been pushing for the terrorist designation.

You have a hard time with the way politics is played my friend.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 pm

And if by chance it WERE true, why the flip flop now? would that strategy still work? Answer-No.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum