Black Senator Doesn't vote By Color

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Black Senator Doesn't vote By Color

Postby nitram » Sun May 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Assistant Democrat Leader Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) doesn’t like the fact that Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) doesn’t vote according to the color of his skin. Clyburn complained, “If you call progress electing a person with the pigmentation that he has, who votes against the interest and aspirations of 95% of the black people in South Carolina, then I guess that’s progress.” I guess you could play the “what if a Republican had said that?” game, but more to the point, Democrats have come a long way from Dr. Martin Luther King’s admonition that we look to content of character instead of color of skin. Today’s Democrats have that reversed.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: Black Senator Doesn't vote By Color

Postby Gunnysway » Sun May 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Clearly Clyburn is a racist...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon May 12, 2014 7:21 am

Clyburn, along with other black liberals, are the reason black society remains generally segregated from all the promise America has to offer. And also why I think black Americans have remained within their own society, rather than joining American society as a whole. We have all seen first generation Americans, from counties all around the world including Africa, come to America, chase the American dream and succeed. Yet, Americans who have been here for hundreds of years are trapped by the people who claim to represent them. It just makes no sense. Liberals of every color practice the bias and racism of low expectations. Clyburn and his ilk truly are the modern day Uncle Toms working against people of similar skin color to keep them in modern day shackles for their own power and benefit.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 am

Exactly.

Which party thinks black people are capable of taking care of themselves, should be held to the same standards as everyone else, and within and outside the law be treated exactly like everyone else?

Which party thinks black people are incapable of taking care of themselves without the aid of community organizers and politicians, who should be held to difference standards for college admission or jobs and other things, and decries any notion of ignoring their skin color and treating them as if they are exactly like everyone else?

Democrats still look at them as an inferior groups as they did when they supported slavery, as they did when they supported segregation and Jim Crow, and as they do today when they believe their need for government is different than Jim, Dude, BDD2, or any other person in America. The sad part is that people like Obama have bought into this same helpless, dependent, can't deal with the a$$holes that everyone has to deal with as part of life without outside assistance as if they are not mature responsible adults.

Yes, black people suffer the legacy of slavery, but not in the way Democrats like to portray it. They still do not view them as no different than the rest of us. They view them as less able to deal with what responsible adults must deal with and incapable of making their way through life with hardships that all responsible adults may have to deal with. They never thought they could and they still do not. They just have a different plan as to how to help these people that cannot get by without their help.

If you think you can make it without the government, but the vast majority of black people cannot. Isn't that almost the text book definition of racism?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon May 12, 2014 9:54 am

Several years ago, I sought some recommendations from friends and neighbors for the installation of a sprinkler system. I ended up choosing a guy named Michael who was obviously new to America. Turns out he was from Gambia. I had a few casual conversations with Michael during the installation.

When I asked Michael why he left Gambia, his answer was simple. He was just tired of all the death, war and no opportunity.
I asked him why America? His answer was also simple. Where else can a person do for themselves and succeed based upon their effort and smarts, and not worry daily about being killed.

Though Michael spoke what he jokingly called Gamblish (like Spanglish in Texas), but with an African flair of many languages sprinkled into English, and though he had been in the country less than two years, he communicated better than many minorities who have been in America from the day of their birth.

THIS is the type of immigration that makes a country great. I was thrilled to contract with a guy who was hard working, smart and making a better life for himself.

I am guessing Michael would also be criticized by Clyburn, Obama, Jackson, Sharpton and others for not being “authentically black.” How dare he make a life for himself without focusing on his skin color as a barrier?

I actually think it is because Michael was not raised from day one with the victim status being reinforced endlessly with low expectations that he simply grabbed the opportunity in front of him that is America.

It would be great if other minorities would do the same, but that would put the race hustlers out of business.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 am

I assure you Mr. Clyborn and Mr. Obama would not look kindly on this guy. Ironically, that is how more or less they lived their lives so they would become rich and power :huh:

http://www.theglobalist.com/african-americans-african-immigrants-differ/

And these kind of studies are totally taboo.

Idleness Convergence Between Black Immigrants and Black Natives Across and Within Generations
http://home.uchicago.edu/~arauh/Rauh2014a.pdf

Essentially black immigrants look essentially like white Americans, but after one or two generations of "assimilation" and the 3rd generation black immigrants look essentially like black Americans.

I guess the reason is America is only racist against natural born born Americans and not foreign born black Immigrants.

Although, aren't we anti-immigrant because we oppose making illegal immigrants Americans.

It must be so confusing if you are a liberal that black immigrants do so well compared to blacks born and raised in America for generations. But not to worry, after a couple generations, the success of the black immigrants has been squashed and that evil income inequality that the black immigrants benefit from is removed and all blacks are equal, even if they are drug down to the same unfortunate level.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum