Record Revenue

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Record Revenue

Postby nitram » Wed May 14, 2014 4:52 am

The Congressional Budget Office reports that April was a record month for federal revenue. For the first seven months of FY2014, wealth confiscation is up 8.2%, or $132 billion, over last year. So far, revenue has reached $1.74 trillion. The effect is across the board, with personal tax receipts up 3.6%, payroll taxes up 12.2% and corporate payments up 14.5%. And yet the federal government still managed to run up a $301 billion deficit during that time. Those Obama tax hikes from 2013 sure did the trick – for now. Economic growth remains stagnant, thanks in large part to the major hit small businesses took with Obama’s wealth confiscation. Once the effect really settles in, revenue may well go back down.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: Record Revenue

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 16, 2014 1:47 am

nitram wrote:The Congressional Budget Office reports that April was a record month for federal revenue. For the first seven months of FY2014, wealth confiscation is up 8.2%, or $132 billion, over last year. So far, revenue has reached $1.74 trillion. The effect is across the board, with personal tax receipts up 3.6%, payroll taxes up 12.2% and corporate payments up 14.5%. And yet the federal government still managed to run up a $301 billion deficit during that time. Those Obama tax hikes from 2013 sure did the trick – for now. Economic growth remains stagnant, thanks in large part to the major hit small businesses took with Obama’s wealth confiscation. Once the effect really settles in, revenue may well go back down.

Absolutely mindless, nitram. You just assign derogatory terms to conditions that represent a growth in the economy. If someone has a debt, does not more income allow that person to pay down that debt? And that is one of the BIGGEST arguments about Obama, the way the debt has increased. So...he takes measures to allow them to begin to reduce the debt, and it is income redistribution. You conservatives are foolish. You don't have a clue of anything but liberalism and Democrats are BAD, and we hate everything they do. Well, what would you do" "Uh, I don't have a clue....but Democrats are BAD, and they lie about birth certificates, and foreign embassies, and blowjobs. Democrats BAD. And that's what I stand for.....Democrats BAD". :no:
Act like you have more than two brain cells in your head and you might find yourself in a position of power someday. Keep up with the stupid scandal accusations, the piss-poor candidates you bring to elections, the inability to form a cohesive concept of what you represent, and the Democrats will continue to kick your ass. No one even really cares who the Republicans put up in the 2016 election. EVERYONE is pretty convinced he/she will be a moronic idiot, as in prior elections. The Republicans have learned that they are better served by not taking responsibility for anything, just condemning any steps taken by others. They reign in fools like you with that tenet.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 am

Actually, his point was with record tax revenue they are still running a deficit. While some of the language is charged it appears taxes were raised in order to spend more, and not decrease the debt. And both parties voted for it.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby nitram » Fri May 16, 2014 9:07 am

Do you "feel better" now Jim?

I can certainly understand your aggravation when presented with the facts. For those of you who fell for the "Hope and Change", reality bites.

And for the record, my disdain for the Democrats/Liberals/Leftists has been justifiably earned. I've witnessed I.e., lived first-hand their grand schemes and "we're for the poor and the working man" diatribe that have added nothing to your or my "bottom line" while expanding and accelerating the moral decline of this great nation.

My contempt for the Republicans grows daily as they try to morph themselves into what fits their perceived "flavor of the month". As the saying goes, "you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything". They're ALL a bunch of lying bastards who's only goal is to see who can control the money in Washington. It just so happens the Republicans still, albeit marginally, best represent my way of thinking.

I'm a constitutionalist. In my lifetime, I've twice sworn an oath to "uphold and defend" it, with my life, if necessary, and will until I die. I witness it's demise on a daily basis from every branch of government and both political parties.

I have my views and you obviously have yours. I've done my best to respectfully disagree with you and your compadres and to not make it personal although I take it to heart when I see this country being destroyed internally via political carcinoma. I simply pray our children, grand-children, and their children will have a semblance of what we've been fortunate enough to experience as we've attained middle-age and not have cause to blame us for being the gutless generation that allowed their futures to be spent on absolutely nothing.

Good-day Sir.
Last edited by nitram on Fri May 16, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri May 16, 2014 9:13 am

Glimmerjim wrote: Keep up with the stupid scandal accusations, the piss-poor candidates you bring to elections, the inability to form a cohesive concept of what you represent, and the Democrats will continue to kick your ass.
As opposed to the morons in charge who have more tax revenue than ever AND STILL CAN'T BALANCE THE BUDGET!

Obama can't even propose a budget that is balanced after a decade.

Illinois has nearly the highest tax rates in all major categories in the country, and the Democrats just put forth a budget that is $4B in the red.

More will NEVER be enough for the power hungry. No matter how much revenue they get, they will always find excuses to spend more than that and argue the "need" more because everything is just so vital that without it, the world will end even quicker than from man-made apocalyptic climate change.

Remember when you mentioned the great time in the past when union membership was high? How on earth could it have been so good if government spent so little? Clearly it is not possible for the middle class to thrive if government is not at record levels of spending.

Could it be possible that things were improving so rapidly because government was NOT spending like it is today. The regulatory bureaucracy was nothing like it was today. The much smaller welfare sate. And it was that that allowed the rapid expansion of business which allowed them to pay rapidly higher wages and steadily improving safety conditions and lower pollution levels and all the quality of life improvements we saw as opposed to the huge stagnation we see in some sectors of society today?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby High Sierras » Fri May 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
nitram wrote:The Congressional Budget Office reports that April was a record month for federal revenue. For the first seven months of FY2014, wealth confiscation is up 8.2%, or $132 billion, over last year. So far, revenue has reached $1.74 trillion. The effect is across the board, with personal tax receipts up 3.6%, payroll taxes up 12.2% and corporate payments up 14.5%. And yet the federal government still managed to run up a $301 billion deficit during that time. Those Obama tax hikes from 2013 sure did the trick – for now. Economic growth remains stagnant, thanks in large part to the major hit small businesses took with Obama’s wealth confiscation. Once the effect really settles in, revenue may well go back down.

Absolutely mindless, nitram. You just assign derogatory terms to conditions that represent a growth in the economy. If someone has a debt, does not more income allow that person to pay down that debt? And that is one of the BIGGEST arguments about Obama, the way the debt has increased. So...he takes measures to allow them to begin to reduce the debt, and it is income redistribution.

The BIGGEST arguement about obama wasn't just about the way the debt increased, it was what that insane increase was spent on... in large part, paying off his worshipping masses for voting him in. Government freebies for the masses. By obama's own track record, he is not "...taking measures to allow them to pay down that debt...", he's taking steps to increase the amount he can spend on servicing that debt... you know, that debt he blew through in spending to pay back his worshipping "hope and change" minions. But then we're right back to that derrogatory (inconvenient?) term... income redistribution. Take from those who make an income, give to those who don't. And an increase in government revenues (ie, taxes...) does not equate to our economy growing -- It equates to our government taking more from it's citizens.

Glimmerjim wrote:You conservatives are foolish. You don't have a clue of anything but liberalism and Democrats are BAD, and we hate everything they do. Well, what would you do" "Uh, I don't have a clue....but Democrats are BAD, and they lie about birth certificates, and foreign embassies, and blowjobs. Democrats BAD. And that's what I stand for.....Democrats BAD". :no:
Act like you have more than two brain cells in your head and you might find yourself in a position of power someday. Keep up with the stupid scandal accusations, the piss-poor candidates you bring to elections, the inability to form a cohesive concept of what you represent, and the Democrats will continue to kick your ass. No one even really cares who the Republicans put up in the 2016 election. EVERYONE is pretty convinced he/she will be a moronic idiot, as in prior elections. The Republicans have learned that they are better served by not taking responsibility for anything, just condemning any steps taken by others. They reign in fools like you with that tenet.

I'd say conservatives are anything but clueless about liberalism and it's effects on a free society... we have so many failed examples of it to point to! In a way, I can understand the obama voters who don't work for a living... they're just voting for their supper, so to speak. What I can't understand are the obama voters who work (or worked) for a living and yet continue to vote in liberal politicians... They're the foolish morons. They think that in spite of all the failed previous attempts to make their grandiose ideas work throughout history, this time, this time, they have the right guy in office at the right time to make the grand experiment succeed. This time it will be different... this time. Hope & Change. Say it with me, brother Jim, this time. I'll bet you're whispering that to yourself right now, with just the hint of a tear starting to form in your left eye... this time.

I seem to remember something from an old college physics class I once took about the definition of performing the same experiment over and over, and expecting different results... hmmm...what was that... oh, wait, silly me -- that was postulated by a nuclear scientist. And an old white guy at that. We can't possibly place any value in what he said. :rolleyes:

this time.
High Sierras
hunter

Postby cartervj » Fri May 16, 2014 7:08 pm

They could take all the super rich's money and still not pay off the debt. Does that not bother you.

If everyone had skin in the game, then politicians might have to change then.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 16, 2014 9:05 pm

nitram wrote: Do you "feel better" now Jim?

:lol3: :yes:

nitram wrote: I can certainly understand your aggravation when presented with the facts. For those of you who fell for the "Hope and Change", reality bites.

And for the record, my disdain for the Democrats/Liberals/Leftists has been justifiably earned. I've witnessed I.e., lived first-hand their grand schemes and "we're for the poor and the working man" diatribe that have added nothing to your or my "bottom line" while expanding and accelerating the moral decline of this great nation.

My contempt for the Republicans grows daily as they try to morph themselves into what fits their perceived "flavor of the month". As the saying goes, "you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything". They're ALL a bunch of lying bastards who's only goal is to see who can control the money in Washington. It just so happens the Republicans still, albeit marginally, best represent my way of thinking.

I'm a constitutionalist. In my lifetime, I've twice sworn an oath to "uphold and defend" it, with my life, if necessary, and will until I die. I witness it's demise on a daily basis from every branch of government and both political parties.

I have my views and you obviously have yours. I've done my best to respectfully disagree with you and your compadres and to not make it personal although I take it to heart when I see this country being destroyed internally via political carcinoma. I simply pray our children, grand-children, and their children will have a semblance of what we've been fortunate enough to experience as we've attained middle-age and not have cause to blame us for being the gutless generation that allowed their futures to be spent on absolutely nothing.

Good-day Sir.

Yeah, I got a little carried away, Nitram. I hope you realize when I was talking about "you" I meant the collective "you" of Republicans, not you personally. And I feel exactly as you do regarding the parties....I think for the most part that all the Dem's are lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons also, but like you I just align myself slightly more with "alleged" tenets of the Dem's.
Good day to you too, buddy. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat May 17, 2014 4:40 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:I think for the most part that all the Dem's are lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons also, but like you I just align myself slightly more with "alleged" tenets of the Dem's.

But those tenets do not matter if "for the most part they are lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons," does it?

What is the common sense thing to do if a large fraction of those in power are "lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons?"

I simply do not see how people think a large central government run by "lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons" is anything but a recipe for disaster.

You can do everything you want at the local or state level. Why do we have to gamble so big? Isn't that the common sense approach to implement the policies that you most align with at the local level if it can be done at the local level?

Romneycare was a state program. Why the hell didn't Obama test out Obamacare in Illinois before he bet the entire health care farm of the nation? Why did anybody support this knowing that it would be written by a bunch of "lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons?" I mean we now know for certain that Obama is one of those "lying, selfish, egomaniacal morons" which is why he didn't run for Governor and show how great Obamacare and work out all the bugs before he gambled everything.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon May 19, 2014 9:14 am

Glimmerjim wrote:

Absolutely mindless, nitram. You just assign derogatory terms to conditions that represent a growth in the economy. If someone has a debt, does not more income allow that person to pay down that debt? And that is one of the BIGGEST arguments about Obama, the way the debt has increased. So...he takes measures to allow them to begin to reduce the debt, and it is income redistribution. You conservatives are foolish. You don't have a clue of anything but liberalism and Democrats are BAD, and we hate everything they do. Well, what would you do" "Uh, I don't have a clue....but Democrats are BAD, and they lie about birth certificates, and foreign embassies, and blowjobs. Democrats BAD. And that's what I stand for.....Democrats BAD". :no:

Jim,

List 5 things that Obama has done that has reduced the individual deby burder of Americans. Just five Jim. I'll wait.

When you are done with that we will get into inflation and the need for income to increase to stay even.

Then we will get into the reality of increased taxes reducing income.

Then we will get into thieves stealing money to pay for deadbeats taking away from working citizens income.

Then we can start in on the abortion called Ocare.

We have covered all this in previous posts. There is not one single thing that Obama has done to improve the economy. He is steadily working to keep it down and destroy it for Americans. I will be patiently waiting for those five simple things Jim.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby cartervj » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Let's keep it simple :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

What is that story about killing the goose that laid those golden eggs :big grin:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum