Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby huntmmup » Wed May 14, 2014 4:40 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/fou ... sk-n104751

Sixteen retired 3 and 4 star generals are telling you. Just wondering how much it will take for you all to believe it! Or to at least admit you *might* be wrong.
huntmmup
hunter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm


Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed May 14, 2014 4:56 pm

huntmmup wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/four-star-warning-generals-dub-climate-change-security-risk-n104751

Sixteen retired 3 and 4 star generals are telling you. Just wondering how much it will take for you all to believe it! Or to at least admit you *might* be wrong.



Are you actually this stupid or do you just play the part on Wednesdays?

Who gives a flying F what a general or generals say about global warming? They are not scientists. They are soldiers that had to become politicians to obtain their ranks. None of them know spit about global warming, except how to expend ridiculous amounts of fuel in everything their units did while operating in the field.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby huntmmup » Wed May 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Were you one of the dummies who blew smoke out your *** when I mentioned the fact that in the last year, of 2,258 peer reviewed articles on global warming only one denied it? Which was 9,136 out of 9,137 experts.

The experts tell you, you say 9,000+ of them are all in a conspiracy and lying, backed by the govt., etc. Respected military men of the highest ranks (many of them Republicans) tell you, you say "they dont know science". You just are hoping beyond hope that you have discovered the coverup of the millenium, and probably will carry that hope to the grave while your grandkids talk about "crazy climate change denying grandpa" under their breath.
huntmmup
hunter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby cartervj » Wed May 14, 2014 5:42 pm

huntmmup wrote:Were you one of the dummies who blew smoke out your *** when I mentioned the fact that in the last year, of 2,258 peer reviewed articles on global warming only one denied it? Which was 9,136 out of 9,137 experts.


Does it count if I blow black smoke on all those greenie bumper sticker bearing electric cars. :hi:

they think they are saving the planet when in fact it cost MORE in green credits to make and operate one :crying: :crying: :crying:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7359
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Wed May 14, 2014 8:07 pm

huntmmup wrote:Were you one of the dummies who blew smoke out your *** when I mentioned the fact that in the last year, of 2,258 peer reviewed articles on global warming only one denied it? Which was 9,136 out of 9,137 experts.

The experts tell you, you say 9,000+ of them are all in a conspiracy and lying, backed by the govt., etc. Respected military men of the highest ranks (many of them Republicans) tell you, you say "they dont know science". You just are hoping beyond hope that you have discovered the coverup of the millenium, and probably will carry that hope to the grave while your grandkids talk about "crazy climate change denying grandpa" under their breath.

What a moron.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby nitram » Wed May 14, 2014 8:48 pm

According to columnist Terence Jeffrey, “Ultimately, it will not matter if people in government cynically promote the theory that human activity is destroying the global climate as a means of taking control of your life, or if they take control of your life because they sincerely believe human activity is destroying the global climate. Either way, government will control of your life. … In a nation where government can de-develop the economy, stop population growth and redistribute wealth both inside and outside its borders, there will still be droughts, floods and hot summer nights. But there will be no freedom.” 
In his 1735 edition of Poor Richard’s Almanack, Benjamin Franklin observed, “Some are weatherwise, some are otherwise.” While the Left promotes its agenda as “weatherwise” and its detractors as “deniers,” fact is, they are otherwise.

I “know” with more than “increasing certainty” that every time I walk outside, I can detect climate change, and this ever-changing condition is better known as “weather.” And to think you can do a damned thing about the weather is pure fiction and folly.

The climate is always changing relative to complex short- and long-term climate cycles, so “climate change” is a superbly safe political “cause célèbre” – sort of like “heads we win, tails you lose.” So, declarations like Barack Obama’s 2014 State of the Union warning – “The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact” – fall into the “keen sense of the obvious” category.

In April, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change released a synopsis of thousands of climate studies, which contradict the conventional “global warming assumptions.” According to the Cato Institute’s Roger Pilon, “We are now at 17 years and eight months of no global warming.”But ahead of this year’s midterm elections, amid the plethora of its domestic and foreign policy failures, the Democrat Party has chosen to make their “climate change” fear and fright campaign an electoral centerpiece. Their strategy is to rally the most liberal cadres of Al Gore’s cult of Gorons, whose religious zeal toward “global warming” is fanatical. Unfortunately, for the rest of America, most who occupy this Leftist constituency are no longer capable of distinguishing fact from fiction.

Let me repeat myself: The climate hype is not about the weather, but about a political strategy to subjugate free enterprise under statist regulation – de facto socialism, under the aegis of “saving us from ourselves.”
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 15, 2014 12:10 am

nitram wrote:According to columnist Terence Jeffrey, “Ultimately, it will not matter if people in government cynically promote the theory that human activity is destroying the global climate as a means of taking control of your life, or if they take control of your life because they sincerely believe human activity is destroying the global climate. Either way, government will control of your life. … In a nation where government can de-develop the economy, stop population growth and redistribute wealth both inside and outside its borders, there will still be droughts, floods and hot summer nights. But there will be no freedom.” 
In his 1735 edition of Poor Richard’s Almanack, Benjamin Franklin observed, “Some are weatherwise, some are otherwise.” While the Left promotes its agenda as “weatherwise” and its detractors as “deniers,” fact is, they are otherwise.

I “know” with more than “increasing certainty” that every time I walk outside, I can detect climate change, and this ever-changing condition is better known as “weather.” And to think you can do a damned thing about the weather is pure fiction and folly.

The climate is always changing relative to complex short- and long-term climate cycles, so “climate change” is a superbly safe political “cause célèbre” – sort of like “heads we win, tails you lose.” So, declarations like Barack Obama’s 2014 State of the Union warning – “The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact” – fall into the “keen sense of the obvious” category.

In April, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change released a synopsis of thousands of climate studies, which contradict the conventional “global warming assumptions.” According to the Cato Institute’s Roger Pilon, “We are now at 17 years and eight months of no global warming.”But ahead of this year’s midterm elections, amid the plethora of its domestic and foreign policy failures, the Democrat Party has chosen to make their “climate change” fear and fright campaign an electoral centerpiece. Their strategy is to rally the most liberal cadres of Al Gore’s cult of Gorons, whose religious zeal toward “global warming” is fanatical. Unfortunately, for the rest of America, most who occupy this Leftist constituency are no longer capable of distinguishing fact from fiction.

Let me repeat myself: The climate hype is not about the weather, but about a political strategy to subjugate free enterprise under statist regulation – de facto socialism, under the aegis of “saving us from ourselves.”

Why can the Goremons not account for periods through history with a SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER CO2 concentration AND lower temperatures than we have today? <rhetoric>
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 15, 2014 12:15 am

9,136 out of 9,137 smokers enjoy smoking....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby huntmmup » Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 am

I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect.
huntmmup
hunter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 am

huntmmup wrote:I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect.



Anytime you are ready. I am guessing Seattle Metro. I am driving through on Friday and back through on Sunday. Let me know the time and place. I will give you a manners lesson quickly so I can continue on to more productive things with the rest of my day. I will be happy to handle Inda's light work.

Your little numbers game has been completely debunked. Man children shouldn't play with adults. You just come off looking well, like a moron.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6703
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu May 15, 2014 9:21 am

huntmmup wrote:Were you one of the dummies who blew smoke out your *** when I mentioned the fact that in the last year, of 2,258 peer reviewed articles on global warming only one denied it? Which was 9,136 out of 9,137 experts.

Maybe this explains why it is so one sided? :huh:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/article4090137.ece

A leading climate scientist has resigned from the advisory board of a think-tank after being subjected to what he described as “McCarthy”-style pressure from fellow academics.

Professor Lennart Bengtsson, a research fellow at the University of Reading, said the pressure was so intense that he would be unable to continue working and feared for his health and safety unless he stepped down from the Global Warming Policy Foundation’s academic advisory council.

He said the pressure had mainly come from climate scientists in the US, including one employed by the US government ...


Just wondering how much it will take for you to believe it is not simple clear cut and open and honest.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16325
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby beretta24 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:19 pm

A lot...he'll never get there because he explodes too easily when someone hits a nerve....this appears to be 3 times in a row. That's well educated elitist Obama worshiping yahoos from the NW for ya I guess.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu May 15, 2014 3:03 pm

I think this is a well written opinion piece on the subject.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303908804579564082072318084

I believe I've read that Stalin had near unanimous consensus among his scientists. It's easy to get if your career depends on it.

BTW, I'm a scientist, a government one at that, so anyone that disagrees has no credibility.

Science is a methodical process of open inquiry. Those who enforce orthodoxies and engage in name-calling aren't doing science, even if they're scientists.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16325
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 15, 2014 5:52 pm

huntmmup wrote:I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect.

Goremon....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 pm

..or Goron...take your pick.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 16, 2014 1:28 am

nitram wrote:According to columnist Terence Jeffrey, “Ultimately, it will not matter if people in government cynically promote the theory that human activity is destroying the global climate as a means of taking control of your life, or if they take control of your life because they sincerely believe human activity is destroying the global climate. Either way, government will control of your life. … In a nation where government can de-develop the economy, stop population growth and redistribute wealth both inside and outside its borders, there will still be droughts, floods and hot summer nights. But there will be no freedom.” 
In his 1735 edition of Poor Richard’s Almanack, Benjamin Franklin observed, “Some are weatherwise, some are otherwise.” While the Left promotes its agenda as “weatherwise” and its detractors as “deniers,” fact is, they are otherwise.

I “know” with more than “increasing certainty” that every time I walk outside, I can detect climate change, and this ever-changing condition is better known as “weather.” And to think you can do a damned thing about the weather is pure fiction and folly.

The climate is always changing relative to complex short- and long-term climate cycles, so “climate change” is a superbly safe political “cause célèbre” – sort of like “heads we win, tails you lose.” So, declarations like Barack Obama’s 2014 State of the Union warning – “The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact” – fall into the “keen sense of the obvious” category.

In April, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change released a synopsis of thousands of climate studies, which contradict the conventional “global warming assumptions.” According to the Cato Institute’s Roger Pilon, “We are now at 17 years and eight months of no global warming.”But ahead of this year’s midterm elections, amid the plethora of its domestic and foreign policy failures, the Democrat Party has chosen to make their “climate change” fear and fright campaign an electoral centerpiece. Their strategy is to rally the most liberal cadres of Al Gore’s cult of Gorons, whose religious zeal toward “global warming” is fanatical. Unfortunately, for the rest of America, most who occupy this Leftist constituency are no longer capable of distinguishing fact from fiction.

Let me repeat myself: The climate hype is not about the weather, but about a political strategy to subjugate free enterprise under statist regulation – de facto socialism, under the aegis of “saving us from ourselves.”

Ridiculous. How many people can be trusted to keep a secret? One? Not usually. Two? No way. But in your myopic view we have an entire consortium of politicians, scientists, environmental experts, etc., all perpetrating the biggest hoax since the monkey hoax of 1953. C'mon. Listen to those who are best equipped to know, ie scientists, and form your opinion. Quit listening to Rush and Beck and Hannity. They will poison your soul. THEY are the ones pushing an agenda for the big oil and coal companies, but they have convinced you that everyone else in the nation/world is incorrect, and due to their divine inspiration, not education or experience, they know the truth. Sheesh, Get a grip on reality. :no:
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby beretta24 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:37 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
nitram wrote:According to columnist Terence Jeffrey, “Ultimately, it will not matter if people in government cynically promote the theory that human activity is destroying the global climate as a means of taking control of your life, or if they take control of your life because they sincerely believe human activity is destroying the global climate. Either way, government will control of your life. … In a nation where government can de-develop the economy, stop population growth and redistribute wealth both inside and outside its borders, there will still be droughts, floods and hot summer nights. But there will be no freedom.” 
In his 1735 edition of Poor Richard’s Almanack, Benjamin Franklin observed, “Some are weatherwise, some are otherwise.” While the Left promotes its agenda as “weatherwise” and its detractors as “deniers,” fact is, they are otherwise.

I “know” with more than “increasing certainty” that every time I walk outside, I can detect climate change, and this ever-changing condition is better known as “weather.” And to think you can do a damned thing about the weather is pure fiction and folly.

The climate is always changing relative to complex short- and long-term climate cycles, so “climate change” is a superbly safe political “cause célèbre” – sort of like “heads we win, tails you lose.” So, declarations like Barack Obama’s 2014 State of the Union warning – “The debate is settled. Climate change is a fact” – fall into the “keen sense of the obvious” category.

In April, the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change released a synopsis of thousands of climate studies, which contradict the conventional “global warming assumptions.” According to the Cato Institute’s Roger Pilon, “We are now at 17 years and eight months of no global warming.”But ahead of this year’s midterm elections, amid the plethora of its domestic and foreign policy failures, the Democrat Party has chosen to make their “climate change” fear and fright campaign an electoral centerpiece. Their strategy is to rally the most liberal cadres of Al Gore’s cult of Gorons, whose religious zeal toward “global warming” is fanatical. Unfortunately, for the rest of America, most who occupy this Leftist constituency are no longer capable of distinguishing fact from fiction.

Let me repeat myself: The climate hype is not about the weather, but about a political strategy to subjugate free enterprise under statist regulation – de facto socialism, under the aegis of “saving us from ourselves.”

Ridiculous. How many people can be trusted to keep a secret? One? Not usually. Two? No way. But in your myopic view we have an entire consortium of politicians, scientists, environmental experts, etc., all perpetrating the biggest hoax since the monkey hoax of 1953. C'mon. Listen to those who are best equipped to know, ie scientists, and form your opinion. Quit listening to Rush and Beck and Hannity. They will poison your soul. THEY are the ones pushing an agenda for the big oil and coal companies, but they have convinced you that everyone else in the nation/world is incorrect, and due to their divine inspiration, not education or experience, they know the truth. Sheesh, Get a grip on reality. :no:

You make sound like they need to convince people its raining when the suns shining in their face. All they are doing slightly shifting or limiting the focus of their studies and choosing the wording in their reports to satisfy their funding source. It's then the media and propaganda pushers that sell the potential for gloom and doom. Dhunt's perspective is an ideal example. He doesn't know anything for sure but if there's even a possibility the models are correct "we should do everything we can". The "scientists" determine the potential possibilities and Gore pushes the doing everything he can make money on....err I mean what we can do to save the world.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 16, 2014 3:47 am

The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby cartervj » Fri May 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Where Did ’97 Percent’ Global Warming Consensus Figure Come From?
5:03 PM 05/16/2014


The University of Queensland in Australia is taking legal action to block the release of data used by one of its scientists to come up with the oft-quoted statistic that 97 percent of climate scientists agree that mankind is causing global warming.

Since coming out with this figure last year, climate scientist John Cook of the University of Queensland’s Global Change Institute has been under fire for the methodology he used.

“Our analysis indicates that the number of papers rejecting the consensus on [anthropogenic global warming] is a vanishingly small proportion of the published research,’’ Cook and his fellow authors wrote in their study which was published in the journal Environmental Research Letters last year.

The university has told climate skeptic blogger Brandon Schollenberger that the data on the study he possesses was illegally obtained and they would take legal action against him if he published it.

“UQ has therefore published all data relating to the paper that is of any scientific value to the wider community,” said Queensland’s acting pro-vice-­chancellor Alastair McEwan.

“UQ withheld only data that could identify research participants who took part in the ­research on condition of anonymity,” McEwan added. “Such conditions are not uncommon in academic ­research, and any breach of confidentiality could deter people from participating in valuable research in the future.”

McEwan said that all the data Cook used to come up with his “97 percent” consensus was published on his blog SkepticalScience.com. The school says it wants to protect the privacy of those surveyed in Cook’s research.



Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/16/where ... z31vjxbinR
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7359
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby nitram » Fri May 16, 2014 8:17 pm

http://shar.es/Vn9Pu

Well this is one way to dispose of opposing views. It kind of sheds more light on that 9,136 to 1 issue, does it not?
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby On the X » Fri May 16, 2014 8:32 pm

huntmmup wrote:
I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

A threat to an online insult

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect

and an online threat over the internet like a little schoolboy
On the X
hunter
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 16, 2014 8:59 pm

beretta24 wrote: You make sound like they need to convince people its raining when the suns shining in their face. All they are doing slightly shifting or limiting the focus of their studies and choosing the wording in their reports to satisfy their funding source. It's then the media and propaganda pushers that sell the potential for gloom and doom. Dhunt's perspective is an ideal example. He doesn't know anything for sure but if there's even a possibility the models are correct "we should do everything we can". The "scientists" determine the potential possibilities and Gore pushes the doing everything he can make money on....err I mean what we can do to save the world.

Yet even that would take a unity of purpose that I just have never seen, beretta. We are speaking of scientists, not politicians. They are going to be a diverse group, politically, as I would expect every large group not focused solely on politics would be. Yet the vast majority seem to concur in this. I can agree with Spinner and yourself that we can't shut down every business because of a "looming" threat, but I think that a growing awareness of it is a positive. Automobiles are burning MUCH less fuel than in previous eras, which reduces our need for foreign oil and reduces smog with all its health issues, thus we have gained just in this reduction of the usage of carbon based energy sources.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby cartervj » Sat May 17, 2014 6:43 am

GJ. they like their Federal funding, why not fudge to get more money. Federal programs are not setup to save, rather spend it all or loose next years. If they keep using it up they easily can ask for more monies.

Seems to me that could be called crony capitalism. :thumbsup:
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
User avatar
cartervj
hunter
 
Posts: 7359
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: NW AL

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby beretta24 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:32 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
beretta24 wrote: You make sound like they need to convince people its raining when the suns shining in their face. All they are doing slightly shifting or limiting the focus of their studies and choosing the wording in their reports to satisfy their funding source. It's then the media and propaganda pushers that sell the potential for gloom and doom. Dhunt's perspective is an ideal example. He doesn't know anything for sure but if there's even a possibility the models are correct "we should do everything we can". The "scientists" determine the potential possibilities and Gore pushes the doing everything he can make money on....err I mean what we can do to save the world.

Yet even that would take a unity of purpose that I just have never seen, beretta. We are speaking of scientists, not politicians. They are going to be a diverse group, politically, as I would expect every large group not focused solely on politics would be. Yet the vast majority seem to concur in this. I can agree with Spinner and yourself that we can't shut down every business because of a "looming" threat, but I think that a growing awareness of it is a positive. Automobiles are burning MUCH less fuel than in previous eras, which reduces our need for foreign oil and reduces smog with all its health issues, thus we have gained just in this reduction of the usage of carbon based energy sources.

And they don't all agree. And the ones that do don't all think the sky is falling, but those wanting to push the agenda try to make it black and white to push their agenda. If its all about the good of the planet why was Gore's mansion a carbon producing castle before someone pointed out his hypocrisy?
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 9:08 am

beretta24 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
beretta24 wrote: You make sound like they need to convince people its raining when the suns shining in their face. All they are doing slightly shifting or limiting the focus of their studies and choosing the wording in their reports to satisfy their funding source. It's then the media and propaganda pushers that sell the potential for gloom and doom. Dhunt's perspective is an ideal example. He doesn't know anything for sure but if there's even a possibility the models are correct "we should do everything we can". The "scientists" determine the potential possibilities and Gore pushes the doing everything he can make money on....err I mean what we can do to save the world.

Yet even that would take a unity of purpose that I just have never seen, beretta. We are speaking of scientists, not politicians. They are going to be a diverse group, politically, as I would expect every large group not focused solely on politics would be. Yet the vast majority seem to concur in this. I can agree with Spinner and yourself that we can't shut down every business because of a "looming" threat, but I think that a growing awareness of it is a positive. Automobiles are burning MUCH less fuel than in previous eras, which reduces our need for foreign oil and reduces smog with all its health issues, thus we have gained just in this reduction of the usage of carbon based energy sources.

And they don't all agree. And the ones that do don't all think the sky is falling, but those wanting to push the agenda try to make it black and white to push their agenda. If its all about the good of the planet why was Gore's mansion a carbon producing castle before someone pointed out his hypocrisy?

I honestly don't know anything about Gore's home, beretta. In this entire debate, however, I simply feel that the oil/coal companies have more to lose financially by investment in alternative sources than the scientists, or politicians, have to win. If we take that premise and shave with Occam's Razor, who is most likely to be pushing a false agenda? I agree wholeheartedly that it can be, and probably is, being overly-hyped. I have yet to see much that medias don't hype, though.
Glimmerjim
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests