Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: Global Warming Warning from retired 3/4 Star Generals

Postby cartervj » Sat May 17, 2014 9:50 am

Do you think he is trying to help the ecosystem or himself?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire
Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Al Gore: Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire Photo: AP
7:00AM GMT 03 Nov 200944 Comments

Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.
The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.
The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.
The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.

Few people have been as vocal about the urgency of global warming and the need to reinvent the way the world produces and consumes energy as Mr Gore. And few have put as much money behind their advocacy and are as well positioned to profit from this green transformation, if and when it comes.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat May 17, 2014 9:53 am

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130512-085230.html

Since Al Gore has been trashing Canada, again, while on his latest book tour, today I will trash Al Gore.

Let's begin:

1. While preaching energy austerity for everyone else in order, he claims, to save the planet from man-made climate change, Gore personally lives a luxurious, jet-setting, carbon dioxide-consuming lifestyle, including multi-million-dollar homes and never-ending, first-class, globe-trotting. Telling others to "do as I say, not as I do" - is the classic definition of a hypocrite and it describes Gore to a T.

2. While constantly denouncing the evils of the fossil fuel industry, Gore recently sold his Current TV for $500 million (including a reported personal profit of $70 million) to Al Jazeera, the international news service funded by the oil-and- natural-gas-rich Arab emirate of Qatar. See the definition of a hypocrite, above.

3. Gore compares Canada's oil sands to an "open sewer," despite knowing full well the single greatest driver of man-made climate change in North America today, if the theory of anthropogenic global warming is correct, is America's use of coal, particularly to generate electricity. By contrast, Canada's use of coal is relatively insignificant, given that, unlike the U.S., most of our electricity generation comes from hydro and nuclear power, which do not emit greenhouse gases. Even prominent Canadian climate scientists who are no fans of the Stephen Harper Conservative government, have acknowledged development of the oil sands is an insignificant contributor to global warming, and that the global use of coal, particularly to generate electricity, is by far the greatest threat to the climate.

4. Gore and Bill Clinton are mainly responsible for the fact the U.S. never implemented the Kyoto accord on global greenhouse gas emissions. After the Clinton-Gore White House agreed to Kyoto in principle, it never tried to ratify it, the legal measure required to bring it into effect. This was due to the fact the U.S. Senate voted unanimously, 95 to 0, to refuse to ratify Kyoto until it established mandatory emission cuts for China, India and the rest of the developing world. Instead of working to build political support for Kyoto, Clinton and Gore adopted the Senate's position opposing Kyoto as their own. That continued to be U.S. policy through the George Bush and Barack Obama administrations, right up to the expiration of the Kyoto protocol at the end of 2012. Hypocritical North American environmentalists and Canadian opposition politicians who constantly denounce Canada for legally withdrawing from the Kyoto protocol in 2011, never mention the U.S., starting with the Clinton-Gore administration, never even joined Kyoto.

5. While Gore routinely bashes the Harper Conservatives, in 2009 he said in Toronto that then Liberal Ontario premier Dalton McGuinty's green energy program was "widely recognized ... as the single best green energy (program) on the North American continent." In fact, McGuinty's green energy program has been an utter disaster, saddling Ontarians with billions of dollars of extra costs on their hydro bills for generations to come, according to Ontario's non-partisan Auditor General, as well as costing thousands of jobs. McGuinty's Green Energy Act took away the rights of citizens to object to industrial wind turbines being rammed down their throats across Ontario. At the same time, the McGuinty government caved in to political pressure and cancelled gas plants in Mississauga and Oakville (also part of the Liberals' green energy program), costing taxpayers at least $585 million, in order to save a few Liberal seats in the last election.

6. Gore's 2006 film An Inconvenient Truth, for which he won the Nobel Prize and an Academy Award, is a train wreck when it comes to scientific accuracy. It wrongly projects massive sea level rises which no credible scientific body supports and constantly confuses "weather" and "climate." It inaccurately blames individual weather events, such as specific hurricanes, on man-made global warming, and misleadingly links anthropogenic climate change solely to such hot weather phenomena as heat waves and droughts. In fact, climate experts say, global warming can also cause record snowfalls and cold snaps. Finally, the movie glosses over the enormous threat to human health and well-being of suddenly moving industrialized economies off fossil fuels, and of preventing developing nations from using fossil fuels to industrialize.

Indeed, the real inconvenient truth about Al Gore is that he is a carbon-spewing hypocrite who has been getting a free ride - particularly from an uncritical Canadian media - for far too long.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Sat May 17, 2014 11:27 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
huntmmup wrote:I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect.

Anytime you are ready. I am guessing Seattle Metro. I am driving through on Friday and back through on Sunday. Let me know the time and place. I will give you a manners lesson quickly so I can continue on to more productive things with the rest of my day. I will be happy to handle Inda's light work.

Your little numbers game has been completely debunked. Man children shouldn't play with adults. You just come off looking well, like a moron.

well that shut him up.. :lol3: :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Sat May 17, 2014 11:42 am

How big'a boy are ya? :lol:
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 pm

possumfoot wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
huntmmup wrote:I would like to see you call me a moron face to face, instead of over the internet like a little schoolboy.

If you are ever in WA state let me know, I would like to come whoop your little *** into shape, I guess your parent never taught you any respect.

Anytime you are ready. I am guessing Seattle Metro. I am driving through on Friday and back through on Sunday. Let me know the time and place. I will give you a manners lesson quickly so I can continue on to more productive things with the rest of my day. I will be happy to handle Inda's light work.

Your little numbers game has been completely debunked. Man children shouldn't play with adults. You just come off looking well, like a moron.

well that shut him up.. :lol3: :lol3:

I think he just learned to step away because the last time he blew up at swamp resulted in his second ban. He'll be back.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm

ScaupHunter wrote: Anytime you are ready. I am guessing Seattle Metro. I am driving through on Friday and back through on Sunday. Let me know the time and place. I will give you a manners lesson quickly so I can continue on to more productive things with the rest of my day. I will be happy to handle Inda's light work.

Don't let him talk to you like that huntmmup! C'mon....the ball's in your court. Earn some respect around here! Don't let him punk ya! Attaboy!

( :lol3: )

.....from my old hockey spectator days! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum