Brown Warns of LAX Under Water

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Brown Warns of LAX Under Water

Postby nitram » Sat May 17, 2014 7:28 am

A new study on the slow and “irreversible” melting of glaciers in Antarctica warns that the effect will be a sea-level rise of up to four feet in the next 200 years. California Democrat Gov. Jerry “Moonbeam” Brown seized on the study to do a little global warming fearmongering. “If that happens, the Los Angeles airport’s going to be underwater,” Brown warned. “You’re going to have to move all that,” he add. “That’s billions, if not tens of billions. Luckily, we can take a few years. Maybe my next year’s budget will handle that.” Memo to Brown: LAX is more than 100 feet above sea level. While I'm not a mathematical genius, I'm quite certain most Common Core graduates can figure out that LAX is pretty secure.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Re: Brown Warns of LAX Under Water

Postby troutman561 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 am

Well to figure out it is 100 feet above sea level I need you to show me 15 different ways to come to that conclusion using drawings of random shapes to assist in counting.
troutman561
hunter

Postby nitram » Sat May 17, 2014 8:27 am

:thumbsup:
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby On the X » Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 am

troutman561 wrote:Well to figure out it is 100 feet above sea level I need you to show me 15 different ways to come to that conclusion using drawings of random shapes to assist in counting.

Some 8x10 glossy photos might help too, they helped in the investigation of who dumped the big pile of trash down the road from Alison's restaurant.
On the X
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 4:34 pm

On the X wrote:
troutman561 wrote:Well to figure out it is 100 feet above sea level I need you to show me 15 different ways to come to that conclusion using drawings of random shapes to assist in counting.

Some 8x10 glossy photos might help too, they helped in the investigation of who dumped the big pile of trash down the road from Alison's restaurant.

"Alice's Restaurant", you knucklehead wannabe hippie! "Allison" was Elvis Costello, not Arlo Guthrie! :no: :lol3:

Besides, the 8 x 10 colored glossy photos didn't help after the judge walked in.....with his seeing eye dog! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby On the X » Sat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
On the X wrote:

"Alice's Restaurant", you knucklehead wannabe hippie! "Allison" was Elvis Costello, not Arlo Guthrie! :no: :lol3:

Besides, the 8 x 10 colored glossy photos didn't help after the judge walked in.....with his seeing eye dog! :lol3:

Oh come on Jim, I only hear that song once a year,(Thanksgiving day) (even though once a year for a lot of years lol, so I should have known, but hey, maybe I'm lyrically challenged). And the charges of littering didn't get dropped, as his "record" kept him out of the Army remember. Who's the knuclehead now ?
On the X
hunter

Postby On the X » Sat May 17, 2014 7:03 pm

On the X wrote:Oh come on Jim, I only hear that song once a year,(Thanksgiving day) (even though once a year for a lot of years lol, so I should have known, but hey, maybe I'm lyrically challenged). And the charges of littering didn't get dropped, as his "record" kept him out of the Army remember. Who's the knucklehead now ?

I just remembered that he wasn't found guilty of littering but was asked had he ever been arrested, which he had, so I guess I'm still the knucklehead. Now lets see a liberal admit to being wrong like I just did.
On the X
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 17, 2014 8:47 pm

On the X wrote:
On the X wrote:Oh come on Jim, I only hear that song once a year,(Thanksgiving day) (even though once a year for a lot of years lol, so I should have known, but hey, maybe I'm lyrically challenged). And the charges of littering didn't get dropped, as his "record" kept him out of the Army remember. Who's the knucklehead now ?

I just remembered that he wasn't found guilty of littering but was asked had he ever been arrested, which he had, so I guess I'm still the knucklehead. Now lets see a liberal admit to being wrong like I just did.

:lol3: :clapping: I freely admit to being wrong at times.........or plan to if I ever am! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat May 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Excellent! No point in building those delta tunnels now, I guess. :thumbsup:
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 am

So, by the most outlandish and aggressive estimates, the ocean will rise 4 feet in 200 years. Even if we very foolishly accepted the fraudulent information from the climate Nazis as stated, wouldn’t LAX have roughly 5,000 years to bring in more dirt or move? :huh:

And yet, Gov Union Kick-back wants to put something in the budget to address this “crisis” next year. :no:

As long as he keeps that D after his name, he should get the funding he needs to head off this train wreck that will occur on

May 15, 7014. :clapping:

On a related note, would the sea rise help stabalize Guam and keep it from tipping over if they continue to build on one side of the island? :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum