Spinning the VA troubles

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Spinning the VA troubles

Postby cartervj » Wed May 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Obama ran bush thru the meat grinder on this and it appears even worse now.

Liberals, you have the floor. Go
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Spinning the VA troubles

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed May 21, 2014 3:43 pm

This is what Democrats do with their top priorities.

NOTHING!

Call me cynical, but I think Obama didn't care about the vets when he was rightly trashing Bush on this subject and only cared about himself and his desire for more power. Just like all those people he helped as a community organizer in Chicago. He's rich and powerful and they are still dying while they wait just like the vets at the VA hospitals.

McCain has the answer as much as it hurts me to say that.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/editorial/2014/05/13/mccain-reforms-va-hospitals-merit/9054725/
Aside from Sen. John McCain's recommendation that vets ought to have the option of obtaining care outside the VA system — a proposal with merit — reform of the VA hospitals is a subject few others seem willing to seriously address.

Why on earth shouldn't vets have insurance that allows them to use the same doctors that I do? A basic nationwide PPO plan available to every American and covered as part of the vets pension. Now that would have been a valuable inclusion in health reform.

If the only way to control costs is extreme restriction on where you get your health care, we have a total Image system and need to make sure there is competition so the suppliers have to compete on price.

How about we force food stamp recipients to only get food at government run grocery stores? If it's the most efficient way to provide health care, how is it not the most efficient way to provide food?

Of course, McCain is just as cynical as Obama. It's not like he was as clueless as Obama.

OK, I'll buy they are both clueless morons. Never mind.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu May 22, 2014 3:27 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:McCain has the answer as much as it hurts me to say that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my. That is so true. :yes:

McCain (aka Obamalight) finally got something right, so I guess we have to give him credit. Now, we know McCain will channel his internal Obama spirit, feign indignation and anger, and ultimately do absolutely nothing about it. :no:

It's all good though. I understand Obama has finally taken this thing by the horns, has claimed he is even madder than he was at the IRS and Benghazi combined, and has predictably blamed Bush. Gosh, did not see that coming. :fingerhead:

This country needs a leader so bad, but we have a teleprompter reading hack. :no:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Anyone remember how badly they beat Bush up for not using a teleprompter and his mistakes? Obama is actually worse than Bush and uses a teleprompter. You never hear about how much of a language dummy Obama is though. Can't have the new Messiah seen to be fallible.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 pm

ScaupHunter wrote:Anyone remember how badly they beat Bush up for not using a teleprompter and his mistakes? Obama is actually worse than Bush and uses a teleprompter. You never hear about how much of a language dummy Obama is though. Can't have the new Messiah seen to be fallible.

Image/perception control....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 23, 2014 11:55 pm

OK, this isn't easy. I could spin this also in previous administrations, but I won't. Obama knew of this prior to his presidential election, promised to do things about it, and dropped the ball. On this issue he lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri May 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Anyone remember how badly they beat Bush up for not using a teleprompter and his mistakes? Obama is actually worse than Bush and uses a teleprompter. You never hear about how much of a language dummy Obama is though. Can't have the new Messiah seen to be fallible.

I give criticism when I think it is due, but c'mon. There is no way you can castigate Obama for public speaking issues when lauding Bush. Obama is superior. Not that that is the be all end all for being Presidential, but be realistic in your criticism. He is head and shoulders above Bush. Not that that even implies that he is telling the truth, just that he is without a doubt a better public speaker.
My point being that if you keep criticisms legitimate and valid, you have the basics of a credible argument. When you criticize any and everything above and beyond reality you lose credibility in all of your valid criticisms. That is exactly what the Rep's have done under this administration, and have failed to gather support on some issues that may be valid. 50+ Obamacare repeal votes....committee after committee on Benghazi....how long did we deal with fraudulent birth certificate issues?
If the Rep's acted sanely they would stand a chance in 2016. As it stands....no freakin' way.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Sat May 24, 2014 1:53 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

I give criticism when I think it is due, but c'mon. There is no way you can castigate Obama for public speaking issues when lauding Bush. Obama is superior. Not that that is the be all end all for being Presidential, but be realistic in your criticism. He is head and shoulders above Bush. Not that that even implies that he is telling the truth, just that he is without a doubt a better public speaker.
My point being that if you keep criticisms legitimate and valid, you have the basics of a credible argument. When you criticize any and everything above and beyond reality you lose credibility in all of your valid criticisms. That is exactly what the Rep's have done under this administration, and have failed to gather support on some issues that may be valid. 50+ Obamacare repeal votes....committee after committee on Benghazi....how long did we deal with fraudulent birth certificate issues?
If the Rep's acted sanely they would stand a chance in 2016. As it stands....no freakin' way.

OFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AKPirate
hunter

Postby nitram » Sat May 24, 2014 4:35 am

Glimmerjim wrote:I give criticism when I think it is due, but c'mon. There is no way you can castigate Obama for public speaking issues when lauding Bush. Obama is superior. Not that that is the be all end all for being Presidential, but be realistic in your criticism. He is head and shoulders above Bush. Not that that even implies that he is telling the truth, just that he is without a doubt a better public speaker.

Obama is a better campaigner Jim and he continues in that mode everyday. But extemporaneously speaking, Bush was better. Also have you noticed how Bush has remained out of the limelight since 2008? Wanna lay a small wager we won't be able to say the same for your guy in a few years? He and Moochelle are moving to D.C., ya know?
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Me and Black Betty » Sat May 24, 2014 6:29 am

Jim, we still don't have proof of citizenship, the guys from Benghazi are still dead with no answers for why there was no action taken, and Obama care is proving to be the biggest flop on the planet. Not to mention the latest VA problems after chastising Bush, not to mention the rising debt after calling Bush unpatriotic for doing the same. The list goes on, all valid criticisms. But hell, the guy can tell you what you want to hear every time so thumbs up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Whoa, Black Betty BAM-BA-LAM
Me and Black Betty
hunter

Postby cartervj » Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 am

Obama said he'll get to the bottom of it. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

He keeps using the same tactics to minimize the problem, select a committee to look into it even though the facts are already been brought to light.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sun May 25, 2014 12:03 pm

nitram wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:I give criticism when I think it is due, but c'mon. There is no way you can castigate Obama for public speaking issues when lauding Bush. Obama is superior. Not that that is the be all end all for being Presidential, but be realistic in your criticism. He is head and shoulders above Bush. Not that that even implies that he is telling the truth, just that he is without a doubt a better public speaker.

Obama is a better campaigner Jim and he continues in that mode everyday. But extemporaneously speaking, Bush was better. Also have you noticed how Bush has remained out of the limelight since 2008? Wanna lay a small wager we won't be able to say the same for your guy in a few years? He and Moochelle are moving to D.C., ya know?

Bush has stayed out of the limelight because no one really wants to see him. Even his brother is doing everything possible to distance himself from him in his potential bid for the presidential Republican nomination. I've seen a few interviews since he left office, and I like him now that he is not attempting, vainly, to be something he clearly wasn't.
As far as Bush being the better off-the-cuff, I can only surmise that shows us how much preconceptions can alter conceptions.
Don't get me wrong, I appply that no more to you than me.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue May 27, 2014 6:14 am

Me and Black Betty wrote:Jim, we still don't have proof of citizenship
See previous comment about being a good campaigner. Why would he not leave some doubt. It's a winner because it allows him to portray those that keep bringing this up as paranoid racists. You've been played sucker.

Glimmerjim wrote:Bush has stayed out of the limelight because no one really wants to see him.
Not at all Jim. His father also stayed out of the limelight as did Reagan. They have respect office and our nation in a way that the current breed of liberals will never understand. Even Carter never got into policy issues because he is nothing like Obama in this regard. The Clintons are such egomaniacs that they cannot go away and the Obama's will be far worse. He had his 8 years and that will not be enough for this egomaniac either. He's not going to be fighting guinea worms in third world countries and building homes for Americans after he leaves office :fingerpt: He is far too important for that. The world needs him and cannot get by without him. FYI, we would be better off without him and his incompetence compounded by ignorance and doubled up on by his massive ego.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue May 27, 2014 7:31 am

SpinnerMan wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:Bush has stayed out of the limelight because no one really wants to see him.
Not at all Jim. His father also stayed out of the limelight as did Reagan. They have respect office and our nation in a way that the current breed of liberals will never understand. Even Carter never got into policy issues because he is nothing like Obama in this regard. The Clintons are such egomaniacs that they cannot go away and the Obama's will be far worse. He had his 8 years and that will not be enough for this egomaniac either. He's not going to be fighting guinea worms in third world countries and building homes for Americans after he leaves office :fingerpt: He is far too important for that. The world needs him and cannot get by without him. FYI, we would be better off without him and his incompetence compounded by ignorance and doubled up on by his massive ego.

I think the word(s) you're looking for is CLASS & RESPECT for the office, which neither the current occupants nor the Clintons are endowed with either. At least Bush could spell RESPECT without the teleprompter...
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 am

nitram wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

I think the word(s) you're looking for is CLASS & RESPECT for the office, which neither the current occupants nor the Clintons are endowed with either. At least Bush could spell RESPECT without the teleprompter...

That's just because Aretha Franklin was his favorite singer. :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 pm

nitram wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

they were created to become a cult of personality and now they believe they are above the commoners :huh:
cartervj
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue May 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

You are being a fool Jim. Obama controls WHO attends press briefings, he controls WHAT questions will be asked. He sends out talking points to his lapdog media for propaganda and covering up of lies. It is the most NON-transparent administration in history.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Thu May 29, 2014 8:11 pm

cartervj wrote: they were created to become a cult of personality and now they believe they are above the commoners :huh:

That's an interesting definition that I have not run across previously, carter. There is some real validity in that statement.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri May 30, 2014 6:23 am

How America Treats Illegal Aliens vs. Veterans
By Michelle Malkin

A government that fails to secure its borders is guilty of dereliction of duty. A government that fails to care for our men and women on the frontlines is guilty of malpractice. A government that puts the needs of illegal aliens above U.S. veterans for political gain should be prosecuted for criminal neglect bordering on treason.
Compare, contrast and weep:
In Sacramento, Calif., lawmakers are moving forward with a budget-busting plan to extend government-funded health insurance to at least 1.5 million illegal aliens.
In Los Angeles, federal bureaucrats callously canceled an estimated 40,000 diagnostic tests and treatments for American veterans with cancer and other illnesses to cover up a decade-long backlog.
In New York, doctors report that nearly 40 percent of their patients receiving kidney dialysis are illegal aliens. A survey of nephrologists in 44 states revealed that 65 percent of them treat illegal aliens with kidney disease.
In Memphis, a VA whistleblower reported that his hospital was using contaminated kidney dialysis machines to treat America's warriors. The same hospital previously had been investigated for chronic overcrowding at its emergency room, leading to six-hour waits or longer. Another watchdog probe found unconscionable delays in processing lab tests at the center. In addition, three patients died under negligent circumstances, and the hospital failed to enforce accountability measures.
In Arizona, illegal aliens incurred health care costs totaling an estimated $700 million in 2009.
In Phoenix, at least 40 veterans died waiting for VA hospitals and clinics to treat them, while government officials created secret waiting lists to cook the books and deceive the public about deadly treatment delays.
At the University of California at Berkeley, UC President Janet Napolitano (former secretary of the Department of Homeland Security) has offered $5 million in financial aid to illegal alien students. Across the country, 16 states offer in-state tuition discounts for illegal aliens: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. In addition, the Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education, the University of Hawaii Board of Regents and the University of Michigan Board of Regents all approved their own illegal alien tuition benefits.
In 2013, the nation's most selective colleges and universities had enrolled just 168 American veterans, down from 232 in 2011. Anti-war activists have waged war on military recruitment offices at elite campuses for years. The huge influx of illegal aliens in state universities is shrinking the number of state-subsidized slots for vets.
In 2013, the Obama Department of Homeland Security released 36,007 known, convicted criminal illegal aliens, according to the Center for Immigration Studies. The catch-and-release beneficiaries include thugs convicted of homicide, sexual assault, kidnapping, and thousands of drunk or drugged driving crimes.
The same Department of Homeland Security issued a report in 2009 that identified returning combat veterans as worrisome terrorist and criminal threats to America.
In Washington, Big Business and open-borders lobbyists are redoubling efforts to pass another massive illegal alien amnesty to flood the U.S. job market with low-wage labor.
Across the country, men and women in uniform returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan have higher jobless rates than the civilian population. The unemployment rate for new veterans has spiked to its worst levels, nearing 15 percent. For veterans ages 24 and under, the jobless rate is a whopping 29.1 percent, compared to 17.6 percent nationally for the age group.
A Forbes columnist reported last year that an Air Force veteran was told: "We don't hire your kind."
And last December, Democrats led the charge to reduce cost-of-living increases in military pensions — while blocking GOP Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions' efforts to close a $4.2 billion loophole that allows illegal aliens to collect child tax credits from the IRS, even if they pay no taxes. The fraudulent payments to illegal aliens would have offset the cuts to veterans' benefits.
America: medical and welfare welcome mat to the rest of the world, while leavings its best and bravest veterans to languish in hospital lounges, die waiting for appointments, and compete for jobs and educational opportunities against illegal border-crossers, document fakers, visa violators and deportation evaders. Shame on us.
nitram
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Sat May 31, 2014 10:28 am

Indaswamp wrote: You are being a fool Jim.

That's my strongest asset, Inda. Don't take that from me too! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote: You are being a fool Jim.

That's my strongest asset, Inda. Don't take that from me too! :lol3:

Read this article Jim...
http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-policy-errors-of-barack-hoover.html

...and that Obama took the same draconian approach with the Occupy Movement which was a largely peaceful protest against Wall Street, for example.

His is a war against whistleblowers and dissent, with a generous free pass given to some of the most egregious misdeeds of those at the top of the financial pyramid in terms of both enforcement and indictment. If there is anything that binds the elites in America, it is their urge for getting paid, and spectacularly and shamelessly so.

The only crime in Obama's America is to be both powerless and non-compliant. And perhaps to speak of any of its secrets and sacred cows, of which there are many.

Why does this happen? Because most of those who are in a position to reform the system at this time are creatures of the system, who are beholden to the system, who are caught in its credibility trap, and who see that system from a particular perspective and with a very selective bias. And that is, from the top-down.

This is a government of the system, by the system, and for the system. And it is a system that is unsustainable except by increasing amounts of fraud and force.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

You are being a fool Jim. Obama controls WHO attends press briefings, he controls WHAT questions will be asked. He sends out talking points to his lapdog media for propaganda and covering up of lies. It is the most NON-transparent administration in history.

Yep. I'm a fool. You're a lemming. Wonder who'll have the longest lifespan? :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 pm

My guess is the one that stays off steep cliffs. :lol3:
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:41 am

beretta24 wrote:My guess is the one that stays off steep cliffs. :lol3:

Dammit!!!! I'll never live that down! I actually get recognized around town! :oops: The sad part is that kind of thing is modus operandi for me. I just lose common sense when I get this challenge type thing in front of me. I was talking to my son the other day and I said, in some silly context, that I am going to pick the day I go. He said "Uh, Dad, that sounds good but I don't think that's really your style"! Another lady at the dog park, after recognizing my dog and I, said "What did your wife have to say about that?" I thought about it and realized that for her it was just kind of another day in the life. Just kind of giggled, shook her head and asked what I wanted for dinner. There is something missing in my cranium, and it's not fear. I get the quivers just thinking about "The Blair Witch Project". But an opportunity to do something really, really stupid and I'm usually first in line.
I guess I could say that it makes for an interesting life to look back on. But when the time comes for me to relate my stories to my grandkids they're not gonna think "Man, grampa's cool." They're gonna think "jeez dad, grampa was kind of an idiot, huh? How'd he live so long?" :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum