Job Discouragement

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Job Discouragement

Postby nitram » Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Almost half of the unemployed Americans in the United States have slowed down their job search and almost given up. Of a Harris Poll of 1,500 unemployed, 47% agreed with the statement “I have completely given up on looking for a job.” Also, 46% say they have not had a job interview in the last month. And for the 20% that receive unemployment compensation, the check “is giving me time to find the right position” (80%), “has allowed me to take time for myself” (62%) and I “haven’t had to look for work as hard” (48%). Bob Funk, CEO of temp agency Express Employment and a former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, said the study “demonstrates why the labor force participation rate is so low – many people have given up looking for a job.” Where has America’s entrepreneurial spirit gone? For some, they traded it in for a welfare check.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum