Fudging the Facts

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Fudging the Facts

Postby cartervj » Mon May 26, 2014 7:00 pm

I noticed this the other day watching CNN, they did not mention 3 died from knife wounds. Implied only a gun was involved as one so called reporter walked us thru the crime scenes. Fortunately I'd already seen the reports about 3 dying from a knife. I hate that tragedies are used politically time and time again in this Country.

On MSNBC on Sunday, Ken Blackwell, Zerlina Maxwell and Bob Franken participated in host Craig Melvin’s “Brain Trust” panel segment to discuss Friday’s California killing spree and whether or not this is just another example of why there is a need for stricter gun-control measures.

Blackwell, the former mayor of Cincinnati and fellow at the Family Research Council and the American Civil Rights Union, argued there was more than just the gun control aspects of this incident. He observed it was a number of weapons he used on his victims and that the focus should be on the mental health aspects.

“I wonder if I missed something,” Blackwell said. “My understanding is that some of his victims were stabbed to death. Other of his victims were hit by a car that he was driving and all of a sudden, one weapon is in fact under attack and not only is it under attack, people are talking about stepping on the constitutional rights of law-biding people.”
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Re: Fudging the Facts

Postby Bluesky2012 » Tue May 27, 2014 11:51 am

Would it help their cause of disarming Americans and pushing communism? No! Hence it's ignored.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"If you don't chew big red, then f- you"
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue May 27, 2014 1:57 pm

I was going to type something stating the same thing Carter. It's never gonna stop with these people. When Clinton authorized the ban on "assault rifles" (whatever the hell that is), the anti-gun crowd secured a toe-hold they'll never willingly relinquish. And the media couldn't wait to find a victim's family member, stick a microphone in their face(s), and let the raw emotions flow while the cameras rolled. The media could care less about it all except their blurb that'll be archived until the next shooting. They're not hunters or shooters and I'll bet you 75% of those who report "the news" in whatever format, don't know the difference between a muzzle and a butt-plate. They're all a pack of buzzards waiting on the next road kill.

Dianne Feinstein had some interesting comments: “We must ask ourselves if an individual whose family called police with concerns about mental health, who is receiving therapy and who has had several run-ins with police should be allowed to own multiple firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.” Hindsight is 20/20, but the murderer passed a background check and even talked to police before his rampage – they found nothing wrong. But that’s not Feinstein’s point, as even she went on to admit [emphasis added]: “When anyone, no matter their mental health or history, can so easily obtain any gun they want and as many as they want, we must recognize a problem. … Shame on us for allowing this to continue.”

Of the 13 victims, 6 murdered and 7 wounded, half were either stabbed or hacked with a machete. You are correct Carter, the blades haven't been mentioned in the latest news cycle and its sickening.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue May 27, 2014 7:44 pm

The mental illness deal is kinda like the aids deal, private info thru Hipaa Laws.

My wife works in the mental health field and the lengths they go thru to protect identifying individuals is amazing. I never hear names or any identifying info even on emergency calls which happen frequently.

I'm torn on the issue as far as Government intruding into this. Many new ideas are being tossed around to identify potential problem people with guns. The bad thing is it could simply be a spousal fight with no physical harm being mentioned and that person would loose their rights.

Government abuse has created this monster and many think government is the answer, it's not. Until people are held accountable for all facets of their lives, there will never be a remedy.

The fact is these type events have occurred all thru history, we're a 24/7 news nation, so it's balls to the walls glorified coverage.
“Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our success in the universities” – Adolf H, 1930
cartervj
hunter

Postby cartervj » Tue May 27, 2014 8:27 pm

and now more coverage or maybe not so to speak :lol3:

As Democrats and gun control advocates continue to push the three gun-related deaths in Santa Barbara as justification for more gun control, the gun-related deaths of three people at a "predominantly black" bike fest in South Carolina have gotten no mention.
Democrats are also mum on the two people who were shot to death and the eight who were wounded in less than ten hours in Chicago on Saturday.
According to The Christian Science Monitor, the deaths at Myrtle Beach were preceded by a "sidewalk brawl involving several people." The Monitor quoted a witness who told The Sun News, "At first, everyone was standing around to see who was going to win the fight. Then they started shooting and everyone scattered."
Three people died "before emergency responders arrived on the scene."
cartervj
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum