Quote of the Day...05/30/2014

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Quote of the Day...05/30/2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 29, 2014 11:41 pm

"As a grown adult, a professional investor, entrepreneur and owner of multiple businesses, it's always been my job to ask questions. The more the better. There are no dumb or wrong questions. Kids know this, yet adults often forget it. Pride gets in the way. Fear of looking stupid, being thought ignorant. "

Great Read...
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-05-29/i-want-my-children-go-cold-and-hungry

When you're pushing yourself to explore new ideas, new environments and new cultures you're much more likely to be uncomfortable. It is when we're uncomfortable that we are forced to exercise our brain. Ideas and skills bring wealth.

Wealth is not money. Only poor, ignorant people think wealth is money. I need my kids to be using their brains vigorously, to be generating ideas, to be problem solving consistently and to be collecting a body of knowledge to be tapped at every turn. I need my kids to be uncomfortable.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Quote of the Day...05/30/2014

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 29, 2014 11:47 pm

a two fer...and one of my favorites...
""The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson." - Tom Bodett"
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum