polygamy, anyone?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

polygamy, anyone?

Postby bluewing77 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 pm

anybody following the latest on the polyamy sect in TX?

on a lighter side, i'm not quite sure why anyone would want (or need) as many 22 wives. one wife is about all i can handle!

maybe at least one of them would pluck ducks without too much fuss :yes: ha ha

but seriously, "cult mentality" is a form of mental illness.

but what about hiding crimes of child abuse, sexual abuse, etc behind what they call "religion" ??
User avatar
bluewing77
hunter
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: elev. 6820, central NM


Postby buck_uncle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

did you say tom cruise?
buck_uncle
hunter
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:56 am

The basis for taking those kids was garbage. 2 girls age 16 and 17 were pregnant out of 400 kids. Its just an excuse to stick their noses into peoples lives.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby jehler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:10 am

Yah, only two girls, one impregnated at 15 (by an old man) and physically abused also. What the hell is wrong with that? right don :huh: separating the kids to be interviewed by counselors to see if there has been other abuses or threats, mistreatment etc. would just be a waste of time, I mean I am sure it was a very isolated incident inside the COUMPUOND
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17333
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:24 am

don taylor wrote:The basis for taking those kids was garbage. 2 girls age 16 and 17 were pregnant out of 400 kids. Its just an excuse to stick their noses into peoples lives.


Don*get some help.
I bet they took their guns away too.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:34 am

what *excuse* other than polygamy is WRONG!?!?! c'mon. men in their 30's, 40's, 50's with multiple wives in their teens breeding. now thats completely wholesome.
User avatar
bluewing77
hunter
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: elev. 6820, central NM

u r sick

Postby blazer68 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:36 am

don taylor wrote:The basis for taking those kids was garbage. 2 girls age 16 and 17 were pregnant out of 400 kids. Its just an excuse to stick their noses into peoples lives.


Don I think you are missing the point. This sect is like a hive of killer bees. even if it was only 2 kids; the fact of the matter is that it is against our law of this country. and further more the kids may never return there because their law states that they are subjected to marriage at almost any age. polygamy is a felony in our country. there is a difference between freedom of religion and sexual mollestation.
blazer68
Banned
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: u r sick

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:39 am

blazer68 wrote: the fact of the matter is that it is against our law of this country. polygamy is a felony in our country.


exactly! plus its just sick and wrong!
Last edited by bluewing77 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
bluewing77
hunter
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: elev. 6820, central NM

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:39 am

I said the BASIS for taking those kids was wrong. Initial reports were that the 17 year old was quoted as saying they do not frown apon pregnancy at any age. The think all children are gifts from God. That's what got CYS's panties all bunched up. I have yet to hear that the father was a old man. If it was stated I didn't hear that part. I try not to assume anything. I figured with the teen pregnancy rate being as high as it is, 5 out of 416 kids being pregnant seems low. At least they didn't burn the place down like the Branch Davidians. The goverment doesn't like the idea that kids may be outside their influence. I bet None of those kids use drugs, vandalize, rob, steal, and so on. Even if it was a old man, what in the hell gives them the right to take 411 other kids? Because they live together? That's garbage and you know it. If a kid is abused on the 46th floor of a high rise, do you take every other kid in the building? NO. You get the bastard that did it. You don't persecute all these other families for one mans crimes. Where is your sense of personal liberty?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:43 am

did ya see the interview with the women in their Little House on the Prairie dresses? every one of them = brainwashed
User avatar
bluewing77
hunter
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: elev. 6820, central NM

Postby jehler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:45 am

don taylor wrote:If a kid is abused on the 46th floor of a high rise, do you take every other kid in the building?


Even If the whole building is a huge group of intertwined family and no one can even tell you what kids belong to who? they don't even know who the fathers of most of the kids are at this place. Are you serious don or do you not really know what was going on there?
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17333
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 am

By your logic, since I know a couple crack heads live in the ghetto and crack is illegal, We should just go into the ghetto and take everyones kids until they prove that they are not a crackhead. Crack is illegal too. It destroys more than poligamy does. Don't give me a apples and oranges thing either.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:49 am

jehler wrote:
don taylor wrote:If a kid is abused on the 46th floor of a high rise, do you take every other kid in the building?


Even If the whole building is a huge group of intertwined family and no one can even tell you what kids belong to who? they don't even know who the fathers of most of the kids are at this place. Are you serious don or do you not really know what was going on there?


Sorry dude I know some mormans, not polygamist, and TRUST me, they know who their fathers are. That complete speculation and you know it. You keep making your broad sweeping assumptions, and I'll wait for the facts.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby jehler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:54 am

don taylor wrote: I'll wait for the facts.


And where would those come from if they didn't take the kids?
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17333
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:55 am

bluewing77 wrote:did ya see the interview with the women in their Little House on the Prairie dresses? every one of them = brainwashed

Their brainwashed= speculation

Because they don't wear hip hugger and belly shirts? I wish my daughters dressed like that! Your judging someones right to parent as they see fit because of their kids clothes? Because they don't want their daughter to dress like MTV myspace whores?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

sick

Postby blazer68 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:56 am

your views for these people is twisted pal. i can guarantee you that these girls are knocked up by old men. just like china when a girl is born, they are sent to die. they respect the men rather than the girls. in this country, the girls are valued more than the boys. ever hear of the term the lost boys? these kids are kicked out of the house around 14, and they are kicked out for pittyful reasons. and they have to fend for themselves. most are homeless and on drugs. i know its all cute as we see the ladies missing their kids on tv, but yet they are brainwashed so badly , they dont talk about their boys being out on the street.
blazer68
Banned
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:00 am

jehler wrote:
don taylor wrote: I'll wait for the facts.


And where would those come from if they didn't take the kids?


Is that how we do it now? Guilty until proven innocent? Maybe INTERVIEW people. When the goverment can simply come into our community and indiscriminatly take children away from their parents we got HUGE issues and its not a pregnant 17 year old or polygamy.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:05 am

I'm done. You all assume to much. Now people are giving gaurantee's. LOL. Who's going to win the cup this year, oh great predictors and sooth sayers. Get real. You don't know anything. None of you were there.
Last edited by don taylor on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby jehler » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:07 am

don taylor wrote:
jehler wrote:
don taylor wrote: I'll wait for the facts.


And where would those come from if they didn't take the kids?


Is that how we do it now? Guilty until proven innocent? Maybe INTERVIEW people. When the goverment can simply come into our community and indiscriminatly take children away from their parents we got HUGE issues and its not a pregnant 17 year old or polygamy.


No it is not, if everyone there was innocent the children would still be there don.

Do you think kids are an expendable cost of freedom?

And how do you respond so damn fast from a treo, is that what you have? I am needing a new phone and was looking at the motoQ, you know anything about that?
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17333
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby Pillowcasr » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:09 am

Texas is just a great place.

when I lived in Colorado, alll the Texans thought they owned CO.

Branch dividians .........Texas.

NOw these crazies...........Texas.

GWBush.............Texas

ANd they say don't mess with Texas. The only good thing that is in texas is Big bucks and Hot women.

:rofl: :rofl:
POOOOOF, Pillowcasm!
Image
Sunday Hunting, What NO Sunday Hunting?
User avatar
Pillowcasr
hunter
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Yo Mamas House, NC

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:16 am

don taylor wrote: Who's going to win the cup this year,


Im pullin for the Rangers Don*I dont think your ice chickens have the defence to beat my squad.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:18 am

Pillowcasr wrote:Texas is just a great place.

when I lived in Colorado, alll the Texans thought they owned CO.

Branch dividians .........Texas.

NOw these crazies...........Texas.

GWBush.............Texas

ANd they say don't mess with Texas. The only good thing that is in texas is Big bucks and Hot women.

:rofl: :rofl:


Now that's a accurate assumption.

Yeah a treo 755? I gotta check the inside to see the model number. This is why my laptop has dust on it and my PC sits still unplugged from 2 years ago. The only advantage the others have over mine is the music parts. My buddies blackberry sounds great for a phone.

If they were innocent the kids would be there? There has been no trial, no judge, no jury That's makes them still innocent. Sorry guys, your not handing down convictions just yet. You guys all may be completely right on them being scumbags, but Wasn't taking 411 other kids extreme? What if it was your kids school and they took your kids and you had done nothing wrong? I got kids. You want to see someone start shooting the place up? Put one finger on my girls and cops or constables better have vests on. Nobody will ever take my kids. I just feel for all the innocent parents. They have done nothing and are having their kids taken away.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

don

Postby blazer68 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:40 am

lets put it this way since your wisdom lacks in age::: do you think in a church, with being in Gods Law it is ok for you to put aside your 13 and older boys to the street for pety offences, in fear of them taking the young women to marry from the older men? :huh:
blazer68
Banned
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Postby captainduckhead » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:54 am

Don the place was a breeding ground or a farm for young [women] ]owned and run by dirty old men. They ostracized the boys when they ecame old enough to breed, because they were scared of losing a young girl or two. No one would take your kids, you are looking at it all wrong. You aren't living in a compound, and using religeon as an excuse to have hot swingers parties with underage girls.


EDITED BY MOD: Vulgar
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 am

Look, since your wisdom exceeds mine, why do you make a issue out of their culture? Regardless of how you and I feel about their practices you can't just take peoples kids away that have done nothing wrong. What your saying is if those girls were not pregnant you would still take them away and persecute them for their lifestyle. I say that's un- American my friend. What if a guy at your gun club poached deer. Should you be subject to the laws searches because of others actions, oh wise one? Once again I don't like their lifestyle. Its not for me. Gay marriage isn't recognized by the law and neither is polygamistic marriages. I don't approve of either, but they aren't kicking down fags doors that have kids and taking them away. Put it in perspective buddy.

Spinner? dude? where you at? I'm wondering how you feel.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cartervj and 2 guests