polygamy, anyone?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby mauser1959 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:35 am

:rofl: :rofl: ok
mauser1959
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:39 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Don't confuse good Mormons with these crazy bastards.

Do the good Mormons believe in Polygomy? :huh:
Just a question, no hidden agenda. :thumbsup:

Just a thought to ponder........ Hugh Hefner has 3 live in girl friends (much too young for him), and I think it's a safe guess what's happening at the mansion. :eek: and they advertise it on TV !!! :eek:

Why haven't they raided Hugh yet? They should have went straight to the mansion, after they left Tx. :wink: :yes: :rofl:

T.
Free Pillowcasr & Whompus Cat !
tsmart
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Hugh Hefners "girlfriends" are actually just figurehead girlfriends, he's not really intimate with any of them. and if he WAS intimate with them, they are all of age, consenting adults. There is no law that I know of against have relations with more than one chick at a time, if there were lots of us should be in jail.
Don't get me wrong, The Hef is a crazy old gross geezer but nothing he's doing is illegal.

Oh, and regular Mormons don't believe in or practice Polygamy
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 pm

ya know, it's likely all over the board... many Mormons have done very good things, but I do have some experiences and some stories from my mo and ex-mo friends.

First, the real practitioners (those that spen all day Sunday in church) around here are pretty clickish... they do each other favors and kind of shun the non-mo's.

Second, they tend to take over the public schools by having all the mo's run for school board so they can set policy and run things pretty much their way.

they also locate a "seminary" building just off the property of every school. Mormon kids can go there to study, do church study and earn school credit for it. (At least the Catholics had the huevos to build their own schools).

Here's a true story from an ex-mo friend of mine. After many years of marriage and with 5 kids (he was a deacon in the church), his wife started, huh, taking up you might say, with a higher-up church official. he protested to the church elders and they excommunicated him from the church. That's when he began to enjoy alcohol and live a more normal existence. eventually, his wife worked her way up... so to speak, to another, higher ranking, church official and they eventually got married.

So I guess the answer to your question is... if wife sharing within the church elders is the same as polygamy, ... then yes. that said I'm sure there are many exceptions.

Did you know they also wear special underwear all the time, that us non-mo's sometimes refer to as Jesus Jammies? They have some mighty odd ideas and I guess if you're able to believe that God wants you to wear special jammies all the time, then you're dumb enough to buy into the rest of the gibberish and be a polyg if someone asks, or tells, you to.

I think Jrockncash probably knows more about this than I as I'm just an outside observer and have onley been invited over for cookies and lemonade to play cards just once... which was plenty.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:22 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Hugh Hefners "girlfriends" are actually just figurehead girlfriends, he's not really intimate with any of them.

With with medical technology today, and his bank roll.... it would seem quite naive to believe that.

captainduckhead wrote:and if he WAS intimate with them, they are all of age, consenting adults. Don't get me wrong, The Hef is a crazy old gross geezer but nothing he's doing is illegal.

I was just comparing apples to apples, and dirty old men, to dirty old men. From what I heard on the news, the girls in TX were all over 16, and by law in TX, they could marry at age 16 with a consenting parent (which in turn makes then a consenting adult, one would assume).

As for abuse, there's tons of abuse all over the US, just seems strange everyone wants to focus on this instance. The other "abused" US women needs to be recognized. Focusing on this instance (until all the facts/charges come out), is turning a blind eye to women who suffer on a daily bases IMO.

captainduckhead wrote:Oh, and regular Mormons don't believe in or practice Polygamy

Cool, I guess the regular ones are the "good" ones then. Thanks for the info :thumbsup: , I wasn't too familiar with their sect.

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:29 pm

You're not comparing apples to apples, you are trying to draw a parrell between young women over the age of 18 who are being paid to act as a figure head, pay attention to interviews and read up on it. These girls don't have sex with Hugh Hefner, they are paid to make appearances at celebrity functions, it's a TITLE that they carry.
They surely aren't forced by a cult to get married and denied the right to free thought. And then sexually violated on a dirty old mattress while the community watches.
Yes the regular mormons are the good mormons.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Ya I do know alot cause every family reunion I get to hear it. I try to stay in the company of the Jack's. The funny thing is the older they get they tend to come back to "the church" because its easier to get a job for those wearing the magic underwear.

Ya I know the creepy things the church does has nothing to do with the case unless its illegal. But its hard to be neutral when you know a little history. Seriously read "Under the Banner of Heaven"

The best part is the average Mormon has NO clue as to the origins of their religion. Let alone the doctrines and covenants.
But they do always throw out the "but Mormons are good People" Ill give them very industrious but thats as far as the niceties go for me.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:40 pm

captainduckhead wrote:You're not comparing apples to apples, you are trying to draw a parrell between young women over the age of 18 who are being paid to act as a figure head, pay attention to interviews and read up on it. These girls don't have sex with Hugh Hefner, they are paid to make appearances at celebrity functions, it's a TITLE that they carry.
They surely aren't forced by a cult to get married and denied the right to free thought. And then sexually violated on a dirty old mattress while the community watches.
Yes the regular mormons are the good mormons.

Whoaaaaaaa Jr, you didn't read the rest of what I said.... I said Apples to Apples, and dirty old men to dirty old men. That's what I was comparing. :huh:

I did NOT compare the girls... and I did imply, why focus on it now?, and not just wait until ALL the facts are out... (then WE can slam them - you don't understand, we are on the same page, Hero). If the facts are correct - and charges are filed - hang 'em for Pete sake. And how about some compasion for all the women that are abused in America? Geez, it's all about these girls - our world is bigger than TX (contrary popular belief).

And as for Hugh, what kind of influence does TV have on our society? The show should be canceled. He's a dirty old pervert - period (rich, but a pervert none the less).

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program....

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby Pillowcasr » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Wad up with the magic underwear? whats that about? or a joke I'm missing. Please fill me in I wanna be cool like the rest of youz guyz. :rolleyes:
POOOOOF, Pillowcasm!
Sunday Hunting, What NO Sunday Hunting?
Pillowcasr
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Pillowcasr wrote:Wad up with the magic underwear?

Underoo's - they sell them at Walmart. :thumbsup:

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Jr. and Hero in the same post? Why do you have to hurt my feelings that way? I'm a sensitive young man, I thought we were bashing mormons? Sheesh, I'm taking my ball and going home. :lol:
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:48 pm

jrockncash wrote: Seriously read "Under the Banner of Heaven"

The best part is the average Mormon has NO clue as to the origins of their religion. Let alone the doctrines and covenants.
But they do always throw out the "but Mormons are good People" Ill give them very industrious but thats as far as the niceties go for me.

Excellent book, and I agree with your sentiment. It is true that the LDS church seems to have distanced itself as much as possible from Smiths early teachings such as polygamy and bowed under years of pressure to allow blacks in its ranks. IF the pressure had not been there to give up Polygamy in the 1800's or allow blacks to join the church and hold positions of power, where would they be now?

I have been avoiding this thread like the plague, but feel it was time to throw in my two cents.

Let me pose a question to you all. What do you think would have happened if Romney was still in the running? If he had recieved the nod from the Republican party, what would happen to their standing?

The conspiracy theorist in me is turning it's gears over this. I thank Texas for finally having the balls to do what many other states have not. It may have been a bogus gall that got the police involved in TX, but there was crimes taking place regardless.

Jrock, there is a parallel to "Under the Banner of Heaven", or so I believe. Barlow. Dale Barlow, a father in Nevada or Utah had three children there (in TX) and was on his way to retrieve them. Something smells seriously fishy to me....and not a good kind of fishy.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:51 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Jr. and Hero in the same post? Why do you have to hurt my feelings that way? I'm a sensitive young man, I thought we were bashing mormons? Sheesh, I'm taking my ball and going home. :lol:

No disrepect ment partner, keep your balls out :thumbsup: .

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Pillowcasr wrote:I wanna be cool like the rest of youz guyz. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath :biggrin: , I am not positive but I think the founder of the mormon's talked to a bag of magic rocks that told him when to change things in his church to better serve him.
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:37 pm

do mormons hunt? i don't think i've ever met a straight arrow mormon who hunted.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Ive never met a mormon that was a straight arrow :hammer:
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:26 pm

Some of these posts sound alot like the nasty Hasidic Jews we have in Ny.These people are effed up.They take extreme advantage of every social benefit available to them.Aranged mariages,dont socialize with non hasids,they freakin stink,they are rude and their religeon tells them that we(non hasids) are trash.In the west you got some freaky mormon cults and in the east we got the men with hats,hasidics.
Flip a coin.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

T- Smart

Postby blazer68 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:39 pm

The good Mormons DONOT practice polygamy. Only the wackos do. Its kinda like bees: you have the nice honey bees and then we have the killer bees> :smile:
blazer68
Banned

Postby don taylor » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:04 pm

With the info coming out that makes it seem more and more like the call for help was a hoax, I think we are going to be in for a huge problem. I think these people have been condemned and sentenced by the American public. I don't know why the facts are being held up concerning the whistle blower. I am getting a feeling the DA or Child services are scrambling to get more on these people before a judge is forced to dismiss most of these cases.

On a seperate note, the shrinks are coming forward with their takes on what these kids are going to go through. Most of them have never been to school, Seen TV or gone onto the internet. Now they are being displaced all over Texas and not allowed to speak to their parents. We are fortunate that mormans aren't violent. If I was falsely accused and my kids were removed from my house, I'd harbor some pretty Ill will for the goverment and their henchmen.

So if these people get their kids back because a legal issue( bad warrant, unjust search whatever) Are they still guilty of being filthy wack job pedophiles? Liberal mission accomplished. Just like Catholics, Reborn Christians, Evangelicals, Charismatics, and a bunch of others. Your all programmed to talk about Magic Pajamas and speaking in tongues like that matters. The libs want to take down every last organized religion. That's what stands in the way of their morally bankrupt society. And where do people reinforce those values? Rant over.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mauser1959 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 pm

We have mormons in this area who both hunt and are competition shooters. And most of the ones that I know are straight shooters (pun not intended, though he is one hell of a shot); though one family is wacked; and one family is one of the big advertisers in SGNs. From the ones that I have known over the years , they have all kinds in their church... and one of the guys that I used to party with all the time came out of the church... notice I said came out of the church.

That being said , I still do not like an anonymous source being able to generate a warrant on situations in my home. I , probably like a lot of you have more than what is touted in the common press as a cache of weapons and ammo (how many of you do not have at least 6 shotguns and several hundred rounds) , and do not want the government to break into my house and decide that I am undesirable due to my collection of weapons. It has been said by some of the environmental wacks that kids who are brought up to hunt are "mentally abused" , the same is said of kids brought up around parents who smoke etc. I just want government to stay out of peoples lives; and it is of interest that the state of TX changed the laws in their state in particular for the FLDS church... who is safe from that kind of situation.

And while most of the kids went to the private church school run by the YFZ ranch , that does not give anyone the right as far as I know to say that they are not being educated... especially in the state of TX (who all has come out of there?).
mauser1959
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Pillowcasr wrote:Wad up with the magic underwear? whats that about? or a joke I'm missing. Please fill me in I wanna be cool like the rest of youz guyz. :rolleyes:

Mitt Romney, who is a Mormon, has a pair of Magic Underwear, as he announced during his run for the Presidency.ImageImageImage
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Pillowcasr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:51 am

I think Mitt had a magic hair net for his helmet hair. :rofl:
POOOOOF, Pillowcasm!
Sunday Hunting, What NO Sunday Hunting?
Pillowcasr
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:24 am

Baracks got a magic 'fro pick.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:05 pm

I think it was lucky dice.

There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby gomer snerd » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Heck. Let's test everyone. I'm not so sure who my neighbor's kids were fathered ny either.

Momma's baby, daddy's maybe.
gomer snerd
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum