Jobs Americans won't do.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby jehler » Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Let's say 100 posts, and then BAM right in the freakin' head with grammar hammer. I HATE poor grammar, and spelling, or improper use of words such as "highering" instead of "hiring", but new guys deserve a little lee way, let's make them like us before we start whaling on them for communicative deficiencies.
Unless you're Tyler Zent/Taylor Larson/Remingtonmaster16.

*Offer does not include typographical errors,

come on captain there may be some wing-dings posting up, don't want to discriminate.
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby MichiganMarv » Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm

:hijacked:

Back on topic, the job stealling bastards were having a rally and parade today in Detroit. One of the attendees was holding a sign which read " I'm an illegal and I vote". That seem odd to me, someone who snuck into this country has the same right to voice an oppion and decide the outcome of an election as I, a past defender of our nation.
locked wings make me smile
MichiganMarv
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

You should've punched that guy in the eye. Oh wait, they can sue too. Which brings up another question, why the heck can an illegal immigrant sue a legal resident? If I was the judge, I would say "Mr. Hernandez, you lose and you will be deported," no matter if he has a case or not.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby captainduckhead » Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm

mauser1959 wrote:
I HATE poor grammar, and spelling, or improper use of words such as "highering" instead of "hiring", but new guys deserve a little lee way, let's make them like us before we start whaling on them for communicative deficiencies.

Do run on sentences count?

Mauser, I'm going to spend the rest of the day sulking and pouting. We aren't going to be friends for a while now... Where's my Kleenex?...
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm

Wing-Dings HAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol: :rofl:
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby mauser1959 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:27 pm

CDH

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As an added bonus , you might want to check out the use of an ellipsis.
mauser1959
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm

mauser1959 wrote:CDH

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As an added bonus , you might want to check out the use of an ellipsis.

.... bluewing: guilty of overusing the ....
bluewing77
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun May 25, 2008 9:15 pm

[quote="greenster"]I agree.... You wont see me work to my full potential until the pay is $18 and above. You get what you pay for. But same people can hire illegals.. for $3/hr and legals for $6.25 and get just as much, perhaps more work than I would execute. difference in culture.. but on the same page. that $6.25 is equal to about $30 in there home country.[quote]
My career has had it's ups and downs and I always want to make more $$. But I've never done crappy work cuz I thought I should be paid more. I've always done my best work... but if/when I've got it done I don't mind leaving early.

I never bitch when someone else gets a raise or promotion ( I may shake my head in amazement and be dissapointed). It helps to think that their good fortune means your next raise/promo is just that much closer. Do your best always... eventually your boss (or his boss) will take note.

BTW: I just got promo'd and leapfrogged over a couple of people in particular who will now report to me... mostly cuz they whine too much rather than concentrate on quality, quantity of their output... and they wait to be told what to do rather than take appropriate initiative and then keep their boss in the loop. Bosses like employees that take problems out of their office, not ones that bring in or cause problems.

Back to the issue. Employer who hire illegals are cheating the competition that hires only legals... they shoudl pay for cheating.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun May 25, 2008 9:25 pm

mauser1959 wrote:Wackem , ex IBEW here also. I never had more than a 3% raise either after 20 years in the shop; before moving into management. As far as the statement that using someone else's ID is not theft is totally bogus, that is theft sure and simple... on more than one level and once again illegal. And one last thing you can always tell those who are not able to win a argument on logic as they tend to berate those that they are arguing against by talking about their spelling or comparing them to hitler; I am sure that in an oral discourse that no one ever asks someone to spell a word to prove that their ideas are valid.

Wackem and Mauser... ex IBEW here too. Raises in the union weren't that big, but the overtime and double time was great, except that when that happened you wouldn't come home for several days in a row. (worked on utility line crews.)

Never got a 25% raise till after I left the union for a managment job, got my engineering degree and then walked on water for another 6 years, outshining everyone doing my best... including a few honest mistakes made for the right reasons... big jumps like that are rare but it's happened twice to me.

MODS: can we get spell check and a grammar Hitler?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum