Massad Ayoob on the coming election... buy ammo now.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Massad Ayoob on the coming election... buy ammo now.

Postby mauser1959 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:49 pm

One of the best American gun writers on the coming election and his ideas on the economic situation and what it means. I believe that this is a good read, no matter if you just hunt fowl or if your into other kinds of hunting. Just remember that if you hunt with a semi auto , there is a good chance that no one running for office is your friend.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob111.html
mauser1959
hunter

Re: Massad Ayoob on the coming election... buy ammo now.

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:31 am

mauser1959 wrote:no one running for office is your friend.

this is generally true at any time.....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby wackemstackem » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:01 am

I like how he calls the AR15 a sport utility rifle.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Ammo prices are going up, who knows what the next prez could do about guns. You just can't be certain, but i still think this is fear mongering....
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby mauser1959 » Thu May 01, 2008 5:35 am

Perhaps it is fear mongering , that being said , it still will not hurt you in the slightest, to have at least a K of primers on hand , with the shot , wadding and powder, to make them into shells... It is sure a lot cheaper to have what you need, than to have an air club. I heard one of the people running for office has made the statement that it is stated in the BORs that it your right to carry a gun, but it says nothing about ammo... however I have not been able to verify that statement so far.
mauser1959
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu May 01, 2008 1:53 pm

You are correct, it never hurts to have it on hand. I'd rather shoot my gun than use it as a club!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Thu May 01, 2008 2:20 pm

What if your gun shoots a club?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... oID=510603

Back on topic if you ask your local gun shop guy I bet he will tell you that he is doin alright. People are scared to death and are buying guns and ammo left and right. I am saving for a little black gun of some sort just so I have one before the ban takes place.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu May 01, 2008 2:35 pm

If guns ever get banned I have it all planned out. I am going to randomly assault innocent civilians with fruit. All kinds of fruit, oranges, apples, peaches, even bananas. I'll walk into a store and start throwing fruit at everyone, causing panic and fear. I'll act just like I'm seriously brandishing a weapon. And I'll recruit anyone I can. We'll see how long it takes to ban fruit, and have anti-fruit people.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu May 01, 2008 3:23 pm

it's already illegal to buy star fruit in some parts of California
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby mauser1959 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:25 pm

I own a black rifle (actually two) and use the one to shoot pigs with, and the other stays in the trunk of my car in case of some sort of civil unrest. I also own a ruger mini 14, (which was not considered an assault weapon in the last ban) which I use for coyotes. However from the smart ass comments from McSwine, and some of the comments by the two democratic candidates, I am not reassured as to how long shooting can continue as a viable lifestyle. I hope to God that I am wrong, and that all the above is just bunk.
mauser1959
hunter

Postby jehler » Thu May 01, 2008 3:31 pm

mauser, I jest but also keep a few black guns and ammo stocked up, just in case. It is the american thing to do IMO. Anyone remember that movie with patrick swayze where russia invades the us? ya never know!
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby mauser1959 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Red Dawn... Wolverines!!!
mauser1959
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm

No way you get credit for that. I have quoted Red Dawn and mentioned it at least 8 times in my 1000 or so posts. Check the signature.

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

jrockncash
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm

I take that back you get credit but I wanna little action too.

jrockncash
hunter

Postby mauser1959 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:49 pm

LMAO, not so sure about that action, but I seek no vain glory.
mauser1959
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Fri May 23, 2008 9:16 pm

captainduckhead wrote:If guns ever get banned I have it all planned out. I am going to randomly assault innocent civilians with fruit. All kinds of fruit, oranges, apples, peaches, even bananas. I'll walk into a store and start throwing fruit at everyone, causing panic and fear. I'll act just like I'm seriously brandishing a weapon.

if i saw you coming after me with a banana, i'd run like hell.

back on track, i bought the first of several (kent, 3" 1 1/4 oz #3) cases of shotgun shells i plan on getting before next season. buy early and often!
bluewing77
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun May 25, 2008 8:43 pm

mauser1959 wrote:Perhaps it is fear mongering , that being said , it still will not hurt you in the slightest, to have at least a K of primers on hand , with the shot , wadding and powder, to make them into shells... It is sure a lot cheaper to have what you need, than to have an air club. I heard one of the people running for office has made the statement that it is stated in the BORs that it your right to carry a gun, but it says nothing about ammo... however I have not been able to verify that statement so far.

be careful stockpiling explosives... I knew a guy who died in a fire when his powder lit. He didn't have time to get away. Store it safely... not in the garage near any bench grinders or any other potential spark sources.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum