Pee Test for Public Assistance

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Pee Test for Public Assistance

Postby bluewing77 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I cant take credit for this, I'd love to, but anyway thought I'd share.

"Like a lot of folks, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ASS, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?"
bluewing77
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri May 02, 2008 9:33 pm

It's a great idea.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:34 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :uhhaa:
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kms399 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 pm

perfect, if everyone can send that on to those who make the decisions maybe we can make it happen. I am so sick of people abusing the system. :mad:
another one bites the dust
kms399
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sat May 03, 2008 3:24 am

It will never happen. That's discrimination against the poor. What you have to remember is drug addiction is a disease that can only be cured with love. No amount of poverty will help them quit drugs and become productive. We need to help, coddle and give to as many of them as we can. We should all try to donate some time to a food pantry or homeless shelter. That's the DHC- Nodak way
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 5:14 am

don taylor wrote:It will never happen. That's discrimination against the poor. What you have to remember is drug addiction is a disease that can only be cured with love. No amount of poverty will help them quit drugs and become productive. We need to help, coddle and give to as many of them as we can. We should all try to donate some time to a food pantry or homeless shelter. That's the DHC- Nodak way

Well said don, I'm going to work right now and I'm working all day sunday also so I can do my part to help those poor unproductive people in need. My son wanted to go fishing again sunday but I said no son thier are people out there that need my 28% more than you :hammer:
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby don taylor » Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 am

I'm time and a half right now at the shop. But after this I'm going to do a deck. Since that money is untaxed, I head down to the ghetto and give 20% to the panhandlers, that way they can get some toothpaste. That's what they spend that money on. Toothpaste and healthy food. Some people would say" they are just going to spend it on drugs or alcohol!" and I say to them " that's not a very nice thing to say. where is the love for others who are unfortunate?" then they give to the homeless too. I feel so good about myself when I'm done. I know Dude approves.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby bluewing77 » Sat May 03, 2008 5:46 am

don, i knew you were a big cuddly wuddly teddy bear all along. and we all know that passing a pee test in order to get welfare will NEVER happen but it was just one of those "if we lived in a perfect world" moments....
bluewing77
hunter

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 6:11 am

don taylor wrote:after this I'm going to do a deck. Since that money is untaxed

So you're a union steel guy but a construction scab? do you carry liability and comp.?
jehler

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 03, 2008 7:36 am

If it did happen the state would have to absorb the cost of a drug test, for these people. In the event that they failed they would probably be offered FREE drug counseling. The pee tests that I have to take cost my company big bucks from what I hear. Most of these Public Assistance recipients would find ways around the drug test. Using someones "clean" pee, and masking agents. I'm not sure it would do much good except an added burden on us tax payers, but Ideally the concept is great.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby mgriffiths05 » Sat May 03, 2008 7:57 am

It would initially cost the state more but with all the people that would lose their checks due to drug use would off-set that......i also think you should have to have some kind of a job to be able to receive a welfare check.....again it will never happen but, it should be a requirement....it's not that they can't get a job...they're just too damn lazy....again, it will never ever happen but it should!
KILL 'EM!!!!
mgriffiths05
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sat May 03, 2008 8:26 am

jehler wrote:
don taylor wrote:after this I'm going to do a deck. Since that money is untaxed

So you're a union steel guy but a construction scab? do you carry liability and comp.?

I'm a get the money any way I can kinda guy. I'm not a union supporter even though I work for them. What ever pays, ya know?

And yes I carry liability and comp. I'm not into losing all my sheet because of a stupid side job. Is their union pressure washer and stainers? They hire me I don't hire them. What would you propose I do?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby BAYOU_BOY » Sat May 03, 2008 9:27 am

It will never happen. That's discrimination against the poor

So poor people do drugs? and rich people dont ? Never thought all poor people did drugs learn something new everyday
Tracy Chelette
BAYOU_BOY
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:30 am

don taylor wrote:I'm time and a half right now at the shop. But after this I'm going to do a deck. Since that money is untaxed, I head down to the ghetto and give 20% to the panhandlers, that way they can get some toothpaste. That's what they spend that money on. Toothpaste and healthy food. Some people would say" they are just going to spend it on drugs or alcohol!" and I say to them " that's not a very nice thing to say. where is the love for others who are unfortunate?" then they give to the homeless too. I feel so good about myself when I'm done. I know Dude approves.

I sure hope you're joking. My mom runs a food pantry for our church and I help out with that, but as far as giving money to the people that sit on the side of interstate exits... you can count me out. There is one lady that is ALWAYS at the exit we drive by on the way to my uncle's. What she does is goes and parks her CAR at the gas station on the other side of the road and walks to the interstate and begs for cash. Her sign says "Homeless..." Homeless? :huh: She's one of these that's just mooching off everyone else. What really pisses me off is that these supposedly homeless people can go to McDonalds 2 blocks away and get a real job, but no it's easier to sit there and mooch off my taxed dollars. :no:

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 9:38 am

BAYOU_BOY wrote: So poor people do drugs? and rich people dont ?

Yep, where the hell you been?
jehler

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 9:50 am

don taylor wrote:What would you propose I do?

Don't under cut the price of contractors/builders that do things on the up and up. Get you jobs on merit and quality not because you are cheaper than the guy paying his taxes and I'm satisfied, I would rather see you do things ligit. I have a problem and a grudge against guys around here who have no or little liability, a comp waiver and don't pay taxes. they hire guys with no insc. and have an endless chain of 1099's. I do things legaly wich includes payroll, workmans comp, 2 millon per incedent liability. I am licensed and always follow up on warranty issues. I spend a LOT of money on this stuff and I get really pissed at the hacks who slip in under the radar cut my throat and slip out. their crap work and accidents are why my taxes and inscurance are so high. I WILL ALWAYS CONFRONT A HACK AND CALL THEM OUT. your not one of these guys are you don?
jehler

sick

Postby blazer68 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:55 am

for once I have to agree with Don. It would be discrimination. I know it sounds sick, but thats the truth. I'd like to see that law pass too. I'd also like to see the kids of the drug addicts go to a loving and morally fit home.
blazer68
Banned

Re: sick

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:37 am

blazer68 wrote:for once I have to agree with Don. It would be discrimination. I know it sounds sick, but thats the truth. I'd like to see that law pass too. I'd also like to see the kids of the drug addicts go to a loving and morally fit home.

I'd also like to put criminals in a stockade and let people throw stuff at them like they did in the old days. The fact is none of this will happen. Great idea, but our government either caters to the rich or poor. The middle class will soon be a thing of the past. :no:

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hunter121390 » Sat May 03, 2008 11:49 am

i like this idea. pass a urine test, have my money. if you dont you dont need my money to do drugs.
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby water_swatter01 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:02 pm

jehler wrote:

Don't under cut the price of contractors/builders that do things on the up and up. Get you jobs on merit and quality not because you are cheaper than the guy paying his taxes and I'm satisfied, I would rather see you do things ligit. I have a problem and a grudge against guys around here who have no or little liability, a comp waiver and don't pay taxes. they hire guys with no insc. and have an endless chain of 1099's. I do things legaly wich includes payroll, workmans comp, 2 millon per incedent liability. I am licensed and always follow up on warranty issues. I spend a LOT of money on this stuff and I get really pissed at the hacks who slip in under the radar cut my throat and slip out. their crap work and accidents are why my taxes and inscurance are so high. I WILL ALWAYS CONFRONT A HACK AND CALL THEM OUT. your not one of these guys are you don?

Wow. Man the union ain't sh!t. They aren't looking out for me they are looking out for themselves when they hire. Every man for himself. If you can get a side job more power to you. Union = :thumbsdown:
water_swatter01
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 03, 2008 1:34 pm

jehler wrote:

I wonder if he's the same type of guy that tries to sell his boat on his own? Let's beat up on Don for a while:
Get some Comp Insuranance, Get a contractors license, stop working under the table and stealing food from the mouths of honest professionals, and don't try to sell your boat without a broker.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 1:39 pm

captainduckhead wrote:
jehler wrote:

I wonder if he's the same type of guy that tries to sell his boat on his own? Let's beat up on Don for a while:
Get some Comp Insuranance, Get a contractors license, stop working under the table and stealing food from the mouths of honest professionals, and don't try to sell your boat without a broker.
I'll bet he's the kinda guy to list his boat with you for an inflated price to try and get free storage for the summer because he can't afford the damn boat in the first place. I love the guys that come in telling you how cherry thier boats are no problems, like new then when you finally get someone interested you water test to find water pouring out the cracks in the manifolds etc. Man don you really got issues
jehler

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Yeah Don you build crappy decks with illegal immigrant labor, Your Bristol Condition boat is a soaked up leaky roach, and you beat your wife. BAD DON!
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby jehler » Sat May 03, 2008 1:47 pm

not to mention the deadbeat has warrants for running from his childsupport in five friggin states, how many bastards you got don?
jehler

Postby A5Mag12 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:48 pm

While this sounds like a good idea on the surface it would not surprise
me if for every 1 dollar the government saved doing this they spend $100.00 running the drug test program. After all, spending dollars to save dimes is the one thing the government does best.
A5Mag12
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum