Obama's 57 states

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby jehler » Mon May 19, 2008 10:54 am

dudejcb wrote:
jrockncash wrote:Explain to me why I cant own an AR-15?

explain to me why you want to own one.

I own one. It is a great shooting gun. The recoil is real low and the flash suppressor and the action of the gun bring it back on target extremly fast. It has been a great gun for teaching my son how to shoot open sights, the ghost ring has a flip aperature with two different sized openings for near or far targets. He has a 22 and a 22 magnum but the .223 and the devistation it brings upon a watermelon or two liter bottle of soda builds a firm foundation of respect for the power of a firearm. It also teaches him that the looks of a gun are secondary, they are all dangerous. My children are not nor have ever been allowed toy guns. they have been taught how to properly handle, store and fire guns since they were kindergardners. I think if everyone taught thier kids about guns as I do mine instead of buying them cap guns and shoot em up video games the whole gun grabbing topic would be a moot one.
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby dudejcb » Mon May 19, 2008 11:01 am

jehler wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

I own one. It is a great shooting gun. The recoil is real low and the flash suppressor and the action of the gun bring it back on target extremly fast. It has been a great gun for teaching my son how to shoot open sights, the ghost ring has a flip aperature with two different sized openings for near or far targets. He has a 22 and a 22 magnum but the .223 and the devistation it brings upon a watermelon or two liter bottle of soda builds a firm foundation of respect for the power of a firearm. It also teaches him that the looks of a gun are secondary, they are all dangerous. My children are not nor have ever been allowed toy guns. they have been taught how to properly handle, store and fire guns since they were kindergardners. I think if everyone taught thier kids about guns as I do mine instead of buying them cap guns and shoot em up video games the whole gun grabbing topic would be a moot one.

Your reasons sound good, although I did similar things with my kids using shotguns and (traditonal) deer rifles.. Glad you didn't bring up the "I've gotta be armed to defend my rights" card that I find disturbing.

BTW I call 'em vidiot games as they produce idiots. although I did seesomething about senior citizens using the Oui (?) game to get exercize by playin cyber tennis, which might be a good outcome.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:03 am

jehler wrote:
dudejcb wrote:

Let's not leave out that the .223 is a heck of a predator round, and lots of people hunt yotes with AR's.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby captainduckhead » Mon May 19, 2008 11:20 am

Jehler and Dude, I agree with the non-toy guns theory. My dad never let my brother and I own toy guns. He always said "guns aren't toys". As for video games I think it desensitizes children to violence, and violent images. With that said, I have a PS2 and I love to play Grand Theft Auto, I, II, III, and the newest one. I wouldn't let my kids play those games though.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun May 25, 2008 9:36 pm

you're not a vidiot cause you didn't play video games as a kid right. You ran wild outdoors right? then took up the games after you had some REAL life expereince under your belt and didn't want to run around like a little kid anymore?... right?

We didn't have toy guns.... we had BB guns and hunted sparrows and pigeons that would crap on the hay in the barn so the cows wouldn't eat it... songbirds were off limits. Starlings were legal but very wary... damned pesky foreign invaders.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 pm

don taylor wrote:I don't like him, but he's been on the road for 8 months. He's a human. He wanted to say 47. Hate him on substance and leave the conspiracy theories to the democrats. They are much funnier when they do it.

Even if he ment 47 he still missed it by one state. Add Cali and Alaska. 49.
Redline29
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue May 27, 2008 4:44 am

Redline29 wrote:
don taylor wrote:I don't like him, but he's been on the road for 8 months. He's a human. He wanted to say 47. Hate him on substance and leave the conspiracy theories to the democrats. They are much funnier when they do it.

Not that it matters, you may want to listen again. I'm sure he said every state except for one, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. That would be 47. I believe the one state he didn't go to was Michigan because he wasn't even on the ticket. That I may be wrong about.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Redline29 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm

don taylor wrote:
Redline29 wrote:

Not that it matters, you may want to listen again. I'm sure he said every state except for one, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. That would be 47. I believe the one state he didn't go to was Michigan because he wasn't even on the ticket. That I may be wrong about.

It was Alaska and Hawaii, oops on writing Cali...I messed up.
Redline29
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum