I Have Difficulty Supporting Obama

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

I Have Difficulty Supporting Obama

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 pm

I know this was discussed over and over again, especially all over the media.

The stuff that his preacher said on national television was quite disturbing, inapproprite and disrespectful to the American people and the white race.

As you know, Obama supported and respected his pastor, then recently changed his mind when Rev Wright was on national televison not too long ago.

This is why I cannot, and will not support or vote for Obama.

Let's think about it for minute folks. Lets reverse the situation. If it were a white junior sentor running for President and his white pastor made the same comments on national television about the American people and the black race, what do you think would have happened.

The following would probably definitely happen:

1. There would be riots and protests from Here to LA.
2. The party would immediately ask him to step down.
3. He would not longer bare any credibility.
4. Anyone who would endorse or support him would probably be considered a racist and igonorant.

This I why, I cannot supoport Senator Obama. He respected and supported a man that said aweful things about this great country and the American people, and at one point during his campaign, stood up for this man. Just think about it folks, it just is not fair. It also does not make sense - regardless of what happened, people, and superdelegates continue to support and endorse senator Obama.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 am
Location: East of Albany, NY


Postby Pillowcasr » Tue May 20, 2008 2:02 pm

hey thats the same rasoning behind why I can't support Mccain.

He has Aligned himself with GWB and see where its gotten us today.

YOur boy is just as guilt by association as You think Obama is.

Guilty by association is a crock.
POOOOOF, Pillowcasm!
Image
Sunday Hunting, What NO Sunday Hunting?
User avatar
Pillowcasr
hunter
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Yo Mamas House, NC

Postby LIGHT12 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Pillowcasr wrote:hey thats the same rasoning behind why I can't support Mccain.

He has Aligned himself with GWB and see where its gotten us today.

YOur boy is just as guilt by association as You think Obama is.

Guilty by association is a crock.


I understand you wanting to make McCain out to be GWB. It is normal for the candidate for the incumbent party to align themselves with the President. But if you look at he history of these two men, they don't like one another much, nor do they agree on anything. McCain is anything but GWB. He has been against Bush constantly the past 8 years. Don't give in to rhetoric, look at the past, and history. If you ever want to see a balanced budget again. McCain some how might be the only one who could do it.

I don't care for the politics of one of these fools. I think I have made it apparent from some of my previous posts I look at politics thuroughly. Start looking at congressional records. Start looking in many places, and look into the websites or who ever supplied the records you are viewing.

That all being said, you will see McCain is no GWB. Obama could have the potential to be a JFK, all flare no substance. Look into JFK and his presidency he was below average as a president, had a couple of good moments. Pretty much GWB to a tee.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
User avatar
LIGHT12
hunter
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: ARIZONA

Postby David » Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Pillowcasr wrote:hey thats the same rasoning behind why I can't support Mccain.


Pillowcasr wrote:Guilty by association is a crock.


So in your words, your reasoning for disliking McCain is a crock.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby olddkguide » Tue May 20, 2008 3:56 pm

I've sat silent on this long enough. Let's get down to the Presidents #1 priority - defending and protecting the people of this nation. All other issues come after this one, without a secure nation we are vulnerable in every other area. I don't like everything GWB has done while in office but I'll say this for him. He has kept us safe as a nation.
Some seem to forget we were attacked and we are at war. Was Iraq
a proper engagement? I don't care what you may believe politically, know this we are safer today because we took the fight to radical islamic terrorist. Remember right after 9/11 all of congress standing on the steps of the capitol pledging to work together to pursue our common enemy. It didn't take long to return to the same old rhetoric.
Obama has one thing right we do need change in Washington, just not Obama. If for no other reason the man lacks the experience to lead this nation, we cannot afford to train a President on the job. Do you really think you can sit down and negotiate with people who cut off other peoples heads in the name of religion. Clinton lacks experience as well. She has been a first lady and seen a lot, she has strong politcal opinions, but she has very little real experience. Like it or no McCain understands war, we need a Warrior. Wake up folks even gas is being used as a weapon and we don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees. We are being attacked every day at the pump. We need a President who the world will respect and yes FEAR. Reagan didn't accomplish all the things he did by trying to appease our enemies. Like it or not we are at war and war is a ugly thing. We cannot afford to let petty politcal arguments decide our future. I for one am sick of all the name calling, lets keep it real. What really matters is keeping this country safe. I'll leave you with this to chew on. When you go out for an evening of entertainment do you fear for life? No! Because we are safe. No civilian has been murdered by a terrorist inside the United States since 9/11. If you don't like GWB that's fine but he has done his #1 job, he has kept us safe. GWB is not going to be President again, so lets get about the business of picking our new leader. Mc Cain is not my first choice , but he will get my vote. I hope you all sleep safely tonight and GO BLESS THE USA!
olddkguide
hunter
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:56 am

Pillowcasr wrote:hey thats the same rasoning behind why I can't support Mccain.

He has Aligned himself with GWB and see where its gotten us today.

YOur boy is just as guilt by association as You think Obama is.

Guilty by association is a crock.


Yes, my friend I completely agree w/ you. This is why I think voting this election, for me, and alot of people is going to be difficult. Also, Senator McCain is not my boy, I do not totally aagree w/ all of his policies. I would vote for the best candidate.

However, lets think about this for a minute, again, please. Yes, while GWB is in office, our great country is in a pretty bad situation, and he made many decisions that were not very good. I completely understand and aware of that.

HOWEVER

We are talking about our possibly future president who respected someone that preached racism, ignorance and disrespect for the American people.

If GWB, or anyone he associated with made radical comments about the American people and black race, I am telling you, there would be a lot of protesting and uproar in this country.

I understand people want change in this country, I definitely do. However, we must think about principle. A lot of people in this country, for some reason, are completely blinded by Obama and Rev Writght comments. Is Obama guilty by association? Yes, definitely. Again, please think if the situtation were reversed. In my eyes, it is just not fair that he can get away with this just becasue of his skin color.

Do you remeber when that Imus guy said that silly comment about the Rutgers girls basketball team?? This entire country was in a complete outrage, and he was joking. Can you imagine what it would be like if a junior white senator were friends with him, and possiblity supported him. Or if his preacher made the same comments as Rev Wright? Just think about it. We are talking about a possilbe future president of the United States that associated himself (and respected) a man the preached stuff that is ignorant and racist, which would not be tolerated if the situation were reversed.

Obama can get away with things because of his skin color - that is a fact and it concerns me. For example, at a recent Hillary campaign ralley, someone held a sign that said "Press My Shirt." No one said anything. If that same person went to a Obama campaign rally and held up a sign that read "Shine My Shoes" , what do you thuink would happen???? or when Obama made the comment about small town folks "clinging to thier guns and religion". Again, reverse the situation. Hillary says something like "African Americans clinging to their guns and drugs, filling up the prisons." Again what do you think would happen. I will leave that up to you to figure out.

Folks, I hate to say this, but race is going to play a huge role in this election.

Again, it is just not fair.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 am
Location: East of Albany, NY

Postby wackemstackem » Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 am

Well said Lj :thumbsup:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3982
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby cannon » Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 am

Well, I won't be voting for him, and I don't care if there's a yellow dog running against him. Here's why:

Image

His wife made the statement in February that, for the first time in her life, now that her husband had just won in a primary race, she was actually proud of our country.

The man's wife is not a patriot, and he obviously don't have much respect for our colors, which makes him a prime candidate for office in someone else's country, but unfit for office in mine, as far as I'm concerned.

He's scum.

What's THAT got to do with Bush?
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby Dolsmi » Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 am

cannon wrote:Well, I won't be voting for him, and I don't care if there's a yellow dog running against him. Here's why:

Image

His wife made the statement in February that, for the first time in her life, now that her husband had just won in a primary race, she was actually proud of our country.

The man's wife is not a patriot, and he obviously don't have much respect for our colors, which makes him a prime candidate for office in someone else's country, but unfit for office in mine, as far as I'm concerned.

He's scum.

What's THAT got to do with Bush?

:clapping: :dito: :clapping:
User avatar
Dolsmi
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby rman114 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:12 am

cannon wrote:Well, I won't be voting for him, and I don't care if there's a yellow dog running against him. Here's why:

Image

His wife made the statement in February that, for the first time in her life, now that her husband had just won in a primary race, she was actually proud of our country.

The man's wife is not a patriot, and he obviously don't have much respect for our colors, which makes him a prime candidate for office in someone else's country, but unfit for office in mine, as far as I'm concerned.

He's scum.

What's THAT got to do with Bush?



First of all you don't have to have your hand over your heart during the national antham it's up to you. It is the Pledge of Allegiance that you have to do that. Look at any baseball game etc and see what people do, they do a little bit of everything.
But if that's not enough for you here:
Image


She was finally proud of her country because after the hardships she witnessed racially in her life (and any black person experiences racism in some way or the other in America) she was seeing her husband, who is black, get closer and closer to the highest office in the country.
To go from seperate bathrooms and waterfountains to possibly the Presidency, i could see why she would say this.

People criticize Obama on the Wright issue. I don't blame them. The guy said some hateful things.
I look at it this way. I read Obama's book and liked it. Was any of his legislation in Illinois racists towards whites. No.
Do i think Obama as president will have a racist policy towards whites? No.
Last edited by rman114 on Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Postby don taylor » Wed May 21, 2008 10:13 am

David wrote:
Pillowcasr wrote:hey thats the same rasoning behind why I can't support Mccain.


Pillowcasr wrote:Guilty by association is a crock.


So in your words, your reasoning for disliking McCain is a crock.


Brilliant. You should sell your sperm to people who want to have smart kids. I wasn't going to let that go unnoticed. Bravo.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby rockbass » Wed May 21, 2008 10:24 am

"To go from seperate bathrooms and waterfountains to possibly the Presidency, i could see why she would say this."


I find it hard to believe she ever had to use a seperate bathroom, fountain, or any other seperate facility. Don't hide from the point that Obama is a tax lover, and would be the least patriotic president in the history of our country.
"Alcohol is not the answer. It is however a great temporary solution"
rockbass
hunter
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 am
Location: cape vincent Where the Lake meets the River NY

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 21, 2008 10:48 am

OK sit tight.. read this, and then consider who you're supporting.

Barack Obama referred to his mother as "the dominant figure in my formative years"

Stanley Ann Dunham, Barack's Mother, November 29 1942 - November 7, 1995. Known as Ann Dunham and Stanley Ann Dunham, was an American anthroplogist, left wing social activist, and mother of Senator Barack Obama. She was born in Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, to Stanley and Madelyn Dunham. Her father was a furniture salesman in downtown Seattle, Washington, and her mother worked for a bank. After a year living in Seattle, her family moved to Mercer Island Washington in 1956 so that 13 year old Ann could attend the Mercer Island High School that had just opened. At the High School she was on the debate team and graduated in 1960
Her family moved to Hawaii and Ann attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where she studied anthropology.
When Ann Dunham arrived in Hawaii, she was a full fledged radical leftist and practitioner of of critical theory. She also began to engage in miscegenation (inter-racial relationships) as part of her attack on society. Susan Blake, one of her friends has stated, she never dated "the crew-cut white boys", she had a world view even as a young girl. It was embracing the different rather than that ethnocentric thing of shunning the different. That was where her mind took her. In Hawaii she met Barack Obama Sr. from Kenya in her Russian language class. Barack Obama Jr. was born August 4, 1961.
Barack Obama Sr. left Ann and their son in 1963 to attend Harvard in Boston. Press reports claim Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. were divorced around this time; however, no evidence has yet been presented to show they were ever married. The Sr. Obama obtained a masters degree in economics at Harvard and returned to Kenya in 1965 where he obtained a position in the Kenyan government. He was killed in an automobile accident in 1982.
Two years later, when her son was 5, Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, and Indonesian oil manager and PRACTICING MUSLIM whom she met at the University. In 1967 they moved to Jakarta, Indonesia. While in Indonesia Ann got a job at the American embassy teaching English.
Barack's half sister, Maya Soetoro was born in Indonesia. Ann, Barack and his sister Maya moved back to Hawaii. Ann Dunham soon returned to Indonesia with Maya but divorced Soetoro in the late 1970's
Dunham traveled around the world, pursuing a career in rural development that took her to Ghana, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Nepal and Bangladesh. In 1986 Ann Dunham worked on a developmental project in Pakistan. Later that year Ann and her daughter traveled the silk road in China. In 1992 she earned a Ph.D. in anthropology from the University of Hawaii, "Peasant blacksmithing in Indonesia: Suviving and Thriving Against All Odds," was 1067 pages long.
She worked for the Ford Foundation and promoted microlending.

During Obamas campaign for the 2008 presidentail election, he portrayed his mother as a conservative girl from Kansas; however in reality she was a radicl leftist and cultural Marxist. She lived in the Seattle area; spending her teenage years in Seattle coffee shops with other young radical leftists.
Obama claims his mothers family were conservative Methodists from Kansas, however his mother's parents were members of a left wing Unitarian church near Seattle. The church located in Bellevue, Washington was nicknamed "the little red church" because of it's communist leanings.
The School Ann attended, Mercer Island High School, was a hotbed of pro-Marxist radical teachers. John Stenhouse, board member, told the House Un-American Activities Subcommittee that he had been a member of the Communist Party USA and this schools has a number of Marxists on it's staff. Two teachers at this school, Val Foubert and Jim Wichterman, both Frankfurt School style Marxists, taught critical theory curriculum to students which included; rejection of social norms, attacks on Christianity, the traditional family, and assigned reading by Karl Marx. The hallway between Foubert's and Wichterman's classrooms was sometimes called "anarchy alley."
Dunham has been described by her friends as "a fellow traveler..." meaning communist sympathizer.
In an interview, Barack Obama referred to his mother as "the dominant figure in my formative years... The values she taught me continue to be my touchstone when it comes to how I go about the world of polotics."
Before she died Ann Dunham wanted to adopt a mixed race Korean baby fathered by a Black American stationed in South Korea, Ann Dunham died in Hawaii in 1995 of ovarian cancer and uterine cancer.

She appears to have been well educated and traveled However, her upbringing and pre-collegiate education during HER formative years; known Marxist polotics and activities makes it difficult to identify her as a conservative, and if she really was his dominant figure in Baracks formative years, and her values continue to be his touchstone when it comes to the world of polotics, then we are in trouble if this individual is elected to the highest office in the land.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby olddkguide » Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 am

I'll stick with my original statement, we need a warrior to lead this nation right now. None of the other stuff will amount to a hill of beans if we all have to bow to the east every morning. Gas will soon be $140 a barrel. Who flew the planes , Saudis that were extremist. Wake up folks we are at war. Gas is being used as an economic weapon against us and we are to stupid to see it. The Arabs are laughing to the bank. To the conquer goes the spoils. To pull out of the mid-east right now will be putting America's head on the chopping block. Sadom is gone, it is time for the Iraqes to pay us for there freedom, same thing goes for Kawait. Our nation removed a mass murderer. I'm tired of holding back and listening to liberal crap. If the peacenicks all want to go hands and pin what ever color ribbon they are wearing today fine let me suggest a place for you to go do it, Any where but the USA. Obama is the wrong choice for us for many reasons but mostly because he lacks what most of us understand,
we must have someone that will defend this nation against our enemies.
olddkguide
hunter
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Georgia

Postby Dolsmi » Wed May 21, 2008 11:07 am

rman114 wrote:First of all you don't have to have your hand over your heart during the national antham it's up to you. It is the Pledge of Allegiance that you have to do that. Look at any baseball game etc and see what people do, they do a little bit of everything.

Obama is not campaigning to be a baseball player. He is campaigning to be the leader of the United States of America. He should at very least support the flag that he is going to be the leader of


She was finally proud of her country because after the hardships she witnessed racially in her life (and any black person experiences racism in some way or the other in America) she was seeing her husband, who is black, get closer and closer to the highest office in the country.
To go from seperate bathrooms and waterfountains to possibly the Presidency, i could see why she would say this.


This is your take on what she said. I took it a whole different way. People should stand by what they say.


People criticize Obama on the Wright issue. I don't blame them. The guy said some hateful things.
I look at it this way. I read Obama's book and liked it. Was any of his legislation in Illinois racists towards whites. No.
Do i think Obama as president will have a racist policy towards whites? No.

I never said anything about Obama is racist, I just think that the company, friends and people he associates with have been seen as criminals, terrorists and anti-american. I can not support a person running for the President of the US who see's the US as a bad place, is very liberal and one sided in his views and has a first inclination to lie when caught in something questionable. [/b]
User avatar
Dolsmi
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:02 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 am

olddkguide wrote:I'll stick with my original statement, we need a warrior to lead this nation right now. None of the other stuff will amount to a hill of beans if we all have to bow to the east every morning. Gas will soon be $140 a barrel. Who flew the planes , Saudis that were extremist. Wake up folks we are at war. Gas is being used as an economic weapon against us and we are to stupid to see it. The Arabs are laughing to the bank. To the conquer goes the spoils. To pull out of the mid-east right now will be putting America's head on the chopping block. Sadom is gone, it is time for the Iraqes to pay us for there freedom, same thing goes for Kawait. Our nation removed a mass murderer. I'm tired of holding back and listening to liberal crap. If the peacenicks all want to go hands and pin what ever color ribbon they are wearing today fine let me suggest a place for you to go do it, Any where but the USA. Obama is the wrong choice for us for many reasons but mostly because he lacks what most of us understand,
we must have someone that will defend this nation against our enemies.

If the United States Of America were made up entirely of people with this opinion, we wouldn't be in the horrible position that we are in right now. It's nice to see that there are still people living here that have a set of nads.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby cannon » Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 am

rman114 wrote:To go from seperate bathrooms and waterfountains to possibly the Presidency, i could see why she would say this.


I'm in my late 30's, and I live in Arkansas, which ain't traditionally known as the seat of racial tolerance, but I don't remember separate water fountains and/or bathrooms. Heck, I don't even remember the Central High School crisis, which took place well before my birth.

The "white guilt" card won't play here. I don't know if my ancestors had slaves, but I'm certain that I haven't had any.

I feel neither guilty nor in any way responsible for slavery and/or segregation, and I'll not apologize to African Americans for the matter any sooner than I'd apologize to Native Americans for the existence of reservations. I had no part in anything giving rise to either event, nor their eventual demise, and I'm far past sympathy to modern day arguments regarding how the awful whitey continues to mistreat the minority in America. There ain't no powerful "whitey" machine, or at least if there is, I ain't him. To assume that "my people" are the ones that have committed these atrocities is the same as assuming that "their people" are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in the US. Its a racial stereotype, either way.

She said she was proud for the first time cause she's a crummy, whining, bitching left-winger who is only a patriot when she's getting her way. Her heart-felt recovery is simply propaganda designed to cover her stupidity and lack of prudence with the sympathy of apologetic white idiots. I think its time we stop apologizing.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 21, 2008 11:24 am

Slavery is the best thing that ever happened to the black race. If hey hadn't been enslaved (sold by their fellow tribesmen no less) they would never be members of our society. They would still be squabbling with hyenas over a fresh kill, and wearing bone jewelry. I love when I hear radical blacks start talking about their "true people" in "the mother country" You don't see one person giving up their DVD's and their cars, and sneakers, to move back to the "mother country" and get chased around by lions.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby rockbass » Wed May 21, 2008 11:41 am

Did you hear that from old man Knapp @ SUNY?
"Alcohol is not the answer. It is however a great temporary solution"
rockbass
hunter
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 am
Location: cape vincent Where the Lake meets the River NY

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 am

No, I thought of it all on my own. That's a duckhead patented theory
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby rockbass » Wed May 21, 2008 11:52 am

That is some deep Duckhead!!!
"Alcohol is not the answer. It is however a great temporary solution"
rockbass
hunter
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 am
Location: cape vincent Where the Lake meets the River NY

Postby Pillowcasr » Wed May 21, 2008 12:06 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Slavery is the best thing that ever happened to the black race. If hey hadn't been enslaved (sold by their fellow tribesmen no less) they would never be members of our society. They would still be squabbling with hyenas over a fresh kill, and wearing bone jewelry. I love when I hear radical blacks start talking about their "true people" in "the mother country" You don't see one person giving up their DVD's and their cars, and sneakers, to move back to the "mother country" and get chased around by lions.


:eek: :eek: Wow, Easy David Duke. :no:

I just think that the company, friends and people he associates with have been seen as criminals, terrorists and anti-american.


I just think McCains freinds and associates have been seen as lobbyist, Pro-Bush Policy, and more who clearly want things to stay the way they are(totally effed up), and a crazy preacher named Hagey. That Knife cuts both ways. mccain is just as guilty on issues because of who he is "associated with",as you believe Obama is.
POOOOOF, Pillowcasm!
Image
Sunday Hunting, What NO Sunday Hunting?
User avatar
Pillowcasr
hunter
 
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:27 am
Location: Yo Mamas House, NC

Postby rman114 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm

LOL man it's tough being a Democrat in this place! I always have like 30 people to respond to.

I'll just reply to comments i read in response to my comment above.
i don't have time to specify who said what and provide quotes.

I don't care if if she experienced seperate bathrooms or not, the fact is he would become the president of a country where in certain places of the country within his lieftime he couldn't even have eaten at the same counter as white people. That's is the point she was trying to make.

Someone said he though slavery was good for black people because now they live here. Yes, them living here is a good thing but to excuse 100's of years of forced labor, forced migration, split families, beating, rape and murder because of that is not a credible defence.

Who says he doesn't support the flag. If he didn't support the flag why the heck would he support the new GI bill. Do i want someone who religiously wears a flag pin or actually delivers me benefits as a soldier. I pick benefits.
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Postby cannon » Wed May 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Being a Democrat is irrelevant, i.e., neither good nor bad. If your stance on economic policy leans towards the left, you get no complaints from me. If you support the advancements of civil rights, increased welfare assistance, higher taxes, and larger government, I disagree, but that's still a choice I can respect.

Voting for someone who authored legislation in his home state that would abolish his constituents' right to bear arms in their own home state and give government actors the express right to forcibly enter homes to confiscate said weapons, on the other hand, is inexcusable if you are anything resembling a patriot. Research the reasoning behind why we enacted the 2nd amendment. Dig into why the founding fathers found it second only to the rights of the people to exercise free speech and worship as they chose. Then look at Obama's record and his statements regarding the 2nd Amendment. If elected, he will try to take our guns, and if he succeeds, we will have lost the very framework that our country was founded upon.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby rman114 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm

cannon wrote:If you support the advancements of civil rights, increased welfare assistance, higher taxes, and larger government, I disagree, but that's still a choice I can respect.


I don't have a problem with your post except the civil rights part you mentioned.
What is it about civil right that you don't agree with?
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jaysweet3 and 8 guests