Yo Soy El Army -- should CITIZENSHIP be Granted for Serving?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby rmh » Mon May 26, 2008 5:04 am

Colleges come in to schools all the time for informational meetings with seniors and juniors, at least around here. A lot of the kids that go to them have no intention of attending that particular school but it's a good way to get out of Statistics class. I sit in on the meetings occasionally and it's basically a sales job. College/military/used car dealers have about the same format with the same psych tricks. Some of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities even put together a tour for like $100 that takes kids on a multi-day tour of a bunch of them. Some of them also have a deal where if you apply at one your app goes to them all.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I think they should be given citizenship if a Mexican or other foreigner is willing to fight for our country. Do a 3 yr enlistement. We'd have to teach them how to understand english, EG read, write, & speak english the 1st year in an intensive program. But is that such a bad thing? IMO it is a very good thing as they will better be able to also communicate in our society once done with the enlistment. They serve over seas 1 year. And get out after 3 years. A win-win IMO
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum