This is how I see things

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

This is how I see things

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue May 27, 2008 10:43 am

Image
User avatar
DoubleBayou
State Moderator
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: Texas


Postby olddkguide » Tue May 27, 2008 11:43 am

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is great!
olddkguide
hunter
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:50 am
Location: Georgia

Postby woodie77 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:38 pm

that is freakin' hilarious.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx

Postby rman114 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm

That's funny i think it would be more like this:

McCain sees a homeless man and says. "I would have given you money but i cut it from the budget."

Hillary would say: "here's 20 bucks"

Obama would say: "here's 20 bucks but you can only use for education or food.
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Postby captainduckhead » Tue May 27, 2008 1:33 pm

You think that's more accurate huh?
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 pm

rman114 wrote:That's funny i think it would be more like this:

McCain sees a homeless man and says. "I would have given you money but i cut it from the budget."

Hillary would say: "here's 20 bucks"

Obama would say: "here's 20 bucks but you can only use for education or food.


It should be cut from the budget, he should get off his butt and go mow a lawn, go work at a carwash - can bathe at the same time! The difference is some of us will cut grass with a pair of scissors before going on welfare.

And Hillary personifies a handout. Why are they sitting on their butts waiting for someone to 'give' them something?

And then there is really nothing wrong with your statement of using it for education or food, IF you have a handicap or disability that prevents you from cutting grass, washing cars or working at McDonalds.
The problem is they are too sorry to work, too lazy to get out and make their own way. That goes back to the thread about 'jobs people won't do'

Doesn't make any sense, they're too proud to work a McDonalds but not to proud to be homeless and sleeping under an overpass
User avatar
DoubleBayou
State Moderator
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: Texas

Postby rman114 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:52 pm

I wouldn't throw all people on welfare into the category of lazy deadbeats. I would bet that most people on welfare work to get off and aren't at all proud or happy to be on it.
Of course, there are some, like in any aspect of life who cheat etc. But for instance.
When i was dating my wife she had a neighbor. She was a single mom and had no job. The woman lived with her mom but the mom would not could not support them.
In order for the single mom to work she needed to put the child in daycare but she couldn't afford it.

She went on welfare. But you can't just collect uncle sam's money when on welfare. She had to go to various self help and continuing education classes. She also went on internships and eventually found a job to get her off welfare. While she was recieving these services welfare helped provide daycare.
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Postby DoubleBayou » Tue May 27, 2008 2:06 pm

You are very right about that. 'some' people do work hard to better themselves and just need a little help.

And that's who we're supposed to help.

But not able bodied people that are dropping babies like rabbits and don't want to do poop but collect a check.
Those people that are lying and got a lazy man living in the house with them and they all getting handouts.

The problem is 'they' are the majority. They are stealing benefits from people that legitimately need help and will not use the assistance as their lifelong job!

So I am lumping all of those that can write on a piece of cardboard and stand out in the heat all day waiting for a handout. They could be in the A/C of Mickey D's or a greeter at Wally world, or doing some sort of 'legal' hustle to make a way.
User avatar
DoubleBayou
State Moderator
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: Texas

Postby rman114 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 pm

I don't believe the majority of people on welfare like it and are doing all they can to stay on it.

I would need to see some sort of relatively current governmental report that says so. Otherwise i stand by my comment above.

Did you see a report that stated the majority are gaming the system or is it just your opinion?
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Postby David » Tue May 27, 2008 3:40 pm

I just have personal experience as an employer, no reports. We laid off 2 men about 8 months ago due to a slow down and they started collecting unemployment. After 1 month we had enough work to rehire them and they were not interested until they found out that the unemployment check would stop coming since we offered their jobs back. This isn't the first time that has happened.

As far as a report, :rofl: "I'm from the government and I want to know if you could work would you." Knowing they could lose benefits if they says no, "Umm, yes."

Yes there are some people that need it, but there are too many that abuse the system. We have people come in looking for work in heavy construction and they know that they don't qualify when they come in. We ask if they can lift 75 pounds, they answer no. They aren't hired and get to list another reference on their job search.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby gangrig25 » Tue May 27, 2008 8:07 pm

rman114 wrote:I wouldn't throw all people on welfare into the category of lazy deadbeats. I would bet that most people on welfare work to get off and aren't at all proud or happy to be on it.
Of course, there are some, like in any aspect of life who cheat etc. But for instance.
When i was dating my wife she had a neighbor. She was a single mom and had no job. The woman lived with her mom but the mom would not could not support them.
In order for the single mom to work she needed to put the child in daycare but she couldn't afford it.

She went on welfare. But you can't just collect uncle sam's money when on welfare. She had to go to various self help and continuing education classes. She also went on internships and eventually found a job to get her off welfare. While she was recieving these services welfare helped provide daycare.


dude .... you don't have a clue :no:

the chick was probably smoking crack the whole time. :hammer:
gangrig25
hunter
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 am
Location: north carolina

Postby dudejcb » Tue May 27, 2008 8:46 pm

gangrig25 wrote:
rman114 wrote:I wouldn't throw all people on welfare into the category of lazy deadbeats. I would bet that most people on welfare work to get off and aren't at all proud or happy to be on it.
Of course, there are some, like in any aspect of life who cheat etc. But for instance.
When i was dating my wife she had a neighbor. She was a single mom and had no job. The woman lived with her mom but the mom would not could not support them.
In order for the single mom to work she needed to put the child in daycare but she couldn't afford it.

She went on welfare. But you can't just collect uncle sam's money when on welfare. She had to go to various self help and continuing education classes. She also went on internships and eventually found a job to get her off welfare. While she was recieving these services welfare helped provide daycare.


dude .... you don't have a clue :no:

the chick was probably smoking crack the whole time. :hammer:


Hey, over here. I'm Dude. rman has a clue. Ther are plenty of both types and nonoe of us has any tolerance for lazy porch monkeys, or FLDS non-wives who have as many kids as possible to get aid for dependent children to support the clan.

All that said there is another huge drain on the other end of the spectrum with white collar crime by a few of the very rich, very connected. So spread your venom evenly for both sides of a bad coin... there are low lifes on both ends of the economic spectrum. Get a clue.
Last edited by dudejcb on Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby dudejcb » Tue May 27, 2008 8:48 pm

hit quopte andmeant to hit edit... shat
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby don taylor » Wed May 28, 2008 5:05 am

Dude, did you forget your meds? I live 10 miles from a 4 generation deep welfare city. People have been raised on the system for years. They know how to get money from the goverment better that that idiot on TV with the crazy suit pitching the book about goverment money. Maybe in Idaho where flowers bloom all year and nobody cheats the system that's the way it is, but not here. I worked in the ghetto. On the first of the month they came to the beer distributor with what they called their PAYCHECK. That's what they called it. Or better yet, when they were broke on the 30th and wanted a pack of smokes, they told me they could pay me back when they GOT PAID. I wanted to choke slam 50 people daily, and finally couldn't take it. Then people on disability got paid on the 3rd. Its amazing how the cane they have gets dropped as they run to the mailbox on the 3rd. Need to carry a case of 40 ounces to the car?" Here, hold my cane" They told me. If you believe that they aren't abusing the system, you need to make a friend who is on the system, and once they trust you, ASK THEM. I did, and it only pissed me off more. They actually bragged (jokingly) about getting to spend MY paycheck on their beer. One guy told me " keep on workin' white boy! Millions of us on welfare depend on you!" Those 100 year old black guys do crack me up.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby Duckorbust » Wed May 28, 2008 7:30 am

rman114 wrote:I don't believe the majority of people on welfare like it and are doing all they can to stay on it.

I would need to see some sort of relatively current governmental report that says so. Otherwise i stand by my comment above.

Did you see a report that stated the majority are gaming the system or is it just your opinion?


Dude, you need to come south and see what it's like down here. As far as your reports, what a joke. If you haven't figured out that the people that do those "reports" as you call them, will only show you what they want you to see, then I would have to question your brain size. Now I would agree with you somewhat about the people that are on welfare. I do think that some people that are on it don't like it, but here the majority of the ones that are on it love it, because it's free money at the tax payers expense. Those people are the ones that have baby after baby after baby just to get more money, then they let their parents raise them, live in slums and drive BMW's with 24's on it. This is a fact. Maybe not where you're from, but here that's just the way it is. Maybe it's not that way where you are, and that's great if that's the case, but if not don't assume that what everyone is saying (that you don't agree with) isn't true just because you don't see the same thing. It's different in different areas of the U.S.
So, don't throw your little "report" thing out there, because those reports that you speak of are as valuble as the paper they are printed on. If you want proof, come on down to South Carolina and see for yourself.
All men are self made.....Only the successful ones admit it
User avatar
Duckorbust
hunter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: Florence, South Carolina

Postby Montanafowler » Wed May 28, 2008 9:15 am

gangrig25 wrote:dude ....


duckorbust wrote:Dude...



what is this, talk like a south beach surfer day? rman114 is not dudejcb.


back on topic: i think the percentage of system cheaters is about the same as those who are legitimately on welfare, roughly 50-50.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Postby dudejcb » Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am

idahofowler wrote:
gangrig25 wrote:dude ....


duckorbust wrote:Dude...



what is this, talk like a south beach surfer day? rman114 is not dudejcb.


back on topic: i think the percentage of system cheaters is about the same as those who are legitimately on welfare, roughly 50-50.


Thank you Idahofowler for clarifying the "dude" sitch. Duckorbust, Gangrig25 I'm the dude, or duderino, or his dudiness... (think Big Labowski).

I agree with Idahoflowler's estimate, that in the absense of any statistical information, 50-50 is a good guess of cheaters to true needers.

Don, I'm still on my meds... I know there are a lot of welfare cheats. I've seen 'em. I used to work in the big city (the LA Basin)on line crews and while were were working in the 100-degree heat various "porch monkeys (AKA welfore cheats, gang memeber, etc.) would spend the day watching us while drinking beer. The welfare cheats suck. But there are also some who really do need the help and aren't milking the system. that's what rman114 is reminding you of.

The other point I was trying to remind eeryone of is the white collar guys who rip the system in other ways... Like the former insurance exec who had to disgorge $600 Million in unlawful medical insurance profits that he stole., but still had another $800 million that were legal profits. That's $1.4 Billion siphoned away from the system by one guy! I know this is mixing medical care and welfare... but the point remains that we have cheats on both ends of the spectrum and the rest of us pay for it.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby Duckorbust » Wed May 28, 2008 11:41 am

idahofowler wrote:
gangrig25 wrote:dude ....


duckorbust wrote:Dude...



what is this, talk like a south beach surfer day? rman114 is not dudejcb.


back on topic: i think the percentage of system cheaters is about the same as those who are legitimately on welfare, roughly 50-50.


Hold on there young'an. You've got me pegged all wrong. I apologize to his dudeness....Dude. I guess we all stand up for our buddies.....but back on point......I would tend to agree with you (not neccesarily your statistics) but there is no doubt people that are on welfare that need to be. But I would dare to say that there is alot more that's on it, that don't need to be. And no, I don't have no "reports" to back that up, It's just what I see where I live.
Your dudeness dudejcb, you can have it, sorry I didn't mean to infringe on your dudeness.
Idahofowler, think of it like this, are you a dude or a chick? After you answer, what would you rather me call you? It ain't surfer slang, I promise. I'm from backwoods country and that's all I'm gonna say about that!
All men are self made.....Only the successful ones admit it
User avatar
Duckorbust
hunter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: Florence, South Carolina

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 am

Everyone says dude...unless you're from Idaho I guess, not just south beach surfers anymore. So take it easy dude.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby cannon » Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Duuuuuuuude!
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby captainduckhead » Wed May 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Dude?
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby cannon » Wed May 28, 2008 1:20 pm

DUDE!
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4027
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby Montanafowler » Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm

well, out here i get called redneck or imbred. i don't remember how imbred came about, since i and no one in my family is inbred. i think it was name calling when me and my buddy were 8 or 9 years old and it was the best thing he could come up with.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
User avatar
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 6650
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Livingston, Montana

Postby HowIdo » Wed May 28, 2008 6:39 pm

There are no excuses for someone to be on welfare, I honestly cant think of one reason why someone should recieve welfare. I would like to hear some of the reasons why certain people should recieve welfare? I need a good laugh or to prove some valid points! :biggrin:
Why lose when you can Win?

Proud to be everything Liberals cant stand!!
User avatar
HowIdo
hunter
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Location: Wilmington, DE

Postby don taylor » Wed May 28, 2008 9:32 pm

Ok here's a question for the ranchers, Why do they call it a Dude ranch? I've been told that the name comes from what is primarily done there. Breeding. Is the slang term for a horses breeding bits called a 'Dude'?

Casey, don't tell people who would never find out your nickname is Imbred. That's going to stick here.

BTW Its LEBOWSKI with a E. I'm a huge fan and had to correct you dude. I'm going to put some CCR on now. I might even fire one up. A cigar that is.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests