This is how I see things

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Montanafowler » Wed May 28, 2008 9:58 pm

a "dude" ranch is not a working ranch, it's for city folk tourists to come and think they are cowboys, I.E: "dudes". Imbred is already stuck on me, my buddy has been calling me that for 10 years.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby DoubleBayou » Thu May 29, 2008 6:20 am

Easterner's were teased by those out West because they would come out West to 'play' cowboy. They would 'pay' to stay on ranches and be taught how to cowboy.

Their nickname was "dude's"

So someone that Pay's to Play a Cowboy
Last edited by DoubleBayou on Thu May 29, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby David » Thu May 29, 2008 6:24 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude

Originally "dude" meant a city person in the country, with strong connotations of ignorance of rural ways. The word as used in contemporary culture, typically American, may have had its origins in the Irish, and indeed, dúd in modern Irish is a derogatory term for a foolish person.

One example of this use is "Dude Ranches", ranches built in the western states of America for "Dudes", or city folk to experience "cowboy life". "Dude" was also used in the 1860s-1870s by cowboys to describe a newcomer to the West. Tombstone Sherriff John Slaughter was thought to be a "dude" when he first arrived in Tombstone. In the Howard Hawks film "Rio Bravo" from 1959 one of the actors (Dean Martin) is called "Dude".
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum