Good old Reagan

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Good old Reagan

Postby LaRedneck » Wed May 28, 2008 7:41 pm

We don't realize how much we miss him .. especially now!

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose."

- Ronald Reagan

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

- Ronald Reagan

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

- Ronald Reagan

"Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S.was too strong."

- Ronald Reagan

"I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress."

- Ronald Reagan

"The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

- Ronald Reagan

"The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program."

- Ronald Reagan

"I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens: no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting."

- Ronald Reagan

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."

- Ronald Reagan

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

- Ronald Reagan

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

- Ronald Reagan

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

- Ronald Reagan
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed May 28, 2008 9:30 pm

:cheers:

I wish there was 1 candidate out there that had even 1/2 of what Reagan had.

God I am tired of voting for the lessor of 2 evils. The last 1/2 way decent Pres was Bush1, and a good one was Reagan.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duckorbust » Thu May 29, 2008 6:57 am

Hands down no questions asked, the best president to ever live was Ronald Reagan (in my lifetime)!!!!!!!!!!
I know I will get some slack from some but I will say this.......What is wrong with our nation is that we have forgot what this great country was founded on!
All men are self made.....Only the successful ones admit it
Duckorbust
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu May 29, 2008 8:57 am

Those are some pretty good lines... and as an actor had the skills to deliver them very well.

However, you do realize that he had writers working for him that actually wrote most of those. right?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am

dudejcb wrote:Those are some pretty good lines... and as an actor had the skills to deliver them very well.

However, you do realize that he had writers working for him that actually wrote most of those. right?

Your point being. which president has made his own speaches.

Difference with Reagan, he said things off the cuff. And in his most famous speach of all He made them put in the lines Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall.

reagan said things that drove his advisors nuts. He had wit and charisma. Somethingn that has been lacking since he left office.

The reason Mr Gorbechov tear down this wall was in his speach was because he wanted it there. not because of his speach righter.

In Cali as Govenor, while driving thru protestors carrying signs that said we are the future, stuck a sign on his window that said then I sell my stocks. Did his writers do that for him.

He was Govenor of the Ca, before he was president, He was head of the screen actor guild before that. Not like he went from nothing to something over night.

Does Obama right his own speaches. and being that his stuff is scripted you should look for the Pa, debate where he looked like a jenny craig member in a crisp creme factory trying to answer those "tough" scripted questions.

He's never had to face Grobachev, Or any of the problems Reagan had. And he still looked like a boob there.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 am

Imagine if Mondale or Dukakis had won. How different the world would be. I shudder to think what kind of world we would be living in.

Maybe these republicans should ask themselves, What would Ronald Wilson Reagan do? How can I be more like Reagan? That what we need to get this counrty back on track. No more liberal spend/tax, goverment programs and weak military. Its time we do what we know works instead of this Pie In The Sky BS the democrats pump out.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 pm

LIGHT12 wrote:
dudejcb wrote:Those are some pretty good lines... and as an actor had the skills to deliver them very well.

Your point being. which president has made his own speaches.

Difference with Reagan, he said things off the cuff. And in his most famous speach of all He made them put in the lines Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall.

reagan said things that drove his advisors nuts. He had wit and charisma. Somethingn that has been lacking since he left office.

The reason Mr Gorbechov tear down this wall was in his speach was because he wanted it there. not because of his speach righter.

In Cali as Govenor, while driving thru protestors carrying signs that said we are the future, stuck a sign on his window that said then I sell my stocks. Did his writers do that for him.

He was Govenor of the Ca, before he was president, He was head of the screen actor guild before that. Not like he went from nothing to something over night.

Does Obama right his own speaches. and being that his stuff is scripted you should look for the Pa, debate where he looked like a jenny craig member in a crisp creme factory trying to answer those "tough" scripted questions.

He's never had to face Grobachev, Or any of the problems Reagan had. And he still looked like a boob there.

if you're wanting to get into a pissing match I'm not really interested. I wasn't meaning to put Reagan down... only that lots of times we ascribe things to politicians and in some cases without realizing they have ghost writers. the reason I mentioned it was I heard an interview on the radio a day or so ago with one of Nixon and Agnew's speech writers--(William Saffire)--who now writes for the New York times and they were talking and joking about many famous phrases that were not off the cuff, but actually written by writers, and then the politicians had them in their heads and when an appropriate opportunity to use a ceratin phrase arose, they pumped it out. The same as we all do. sometimes we are witty, spontaneous and original. other timew we're witty, spontaneous, and trot out and old phrase that applies.

I'm confident Reagan came up with many things on his own... and some that may have come from his experiences as an actor... just like we all do.

You are guilty of ascribing meaning to Obama that may or may not be accurate or is your opinion. that's okay, I don't care.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Not looking for a pissing match. Just based on some of your previous post I took it a bit wrong I guess. Reagans greatest quotes game from moments that could not be scripted.

The Obama thing was talked about on a lot of new chanells. He and Hilary were complaining about the tough questions asked, as if the debate questions were unknown to them before hand. It was funny. you can probably see them on youtube if you look them up. I did not see it but heard long portions of it in audio only.

Alls good. I hate both sides of the Isle now. Its not the good old days when the democratic party was right of what the republicans are now.

An interesting fact for everyone. Matin Luther King was a registered Republican. Chew on that for awhile. Its pretty obvious why, but people have rewritten history to suit their own needs.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu May 29, 2008 4:35 pm

You are totally correct. back in the 60's the Dems were largely considered the bad guys... mostly due to the Vietnam war and th eDixiecrat southern democrats that were racist bigots. Reagan was a Democrat!

Nixon of all people signed the clean Air and Clean Water Acts.

Going way back to the early 1900's Roosevelt was the first real conservationist President, and the Republicans like "Fighting Bob" LaFollette were the progressives that took the side of labor and fostered the formation of unions. And before them Lincoln!

It's intersting to see how they change over time as they try to gain more of a majoirty support and switch their stances on varius issues.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Honestly if you look at it both parties are far left of where they once were. Both could be considered communist by standards of the 70's or early 80's.

And it was not just the southern dems that were bigots. they were every where. and only quarted the black vote for the vote it self. if you look they have done little to help.

the Civil Rights act was passed by Republicans alone. Signed by a Dem president because he had to. The vast majority of Dems voted against it.

Republicans have more been victimized by media and the dems as racist. They have a few among them I'm sure, just as the dems. I'd say People like Senator Bird should have more to answer to than anyone on the other side of the isle. Or I guess if you believe people should all be treated equal, instead of better as is the case with affirmative action you are racist. Read Dr. Kings I have a dream speach. He wanted equality, not hand me outs. Or crutches. A lot of dem policies not just federal but state and local have caused a lot of people to stay in the hood, or ghettos, or in a wellfare state. Its easier than getting out. And you can all ways blame the Republicans for it.

Ever notice every time there is voters being disenfranchised by the Republicans it is in a Democratic run district. All ways makes me laugh.
LIGHT12
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum