McClellan latest White House figure to leave and tell

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

McClellan latest White House figure to leave and tell

Postby greenster » Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am

Scott McClellan, who served as white house press secretary from 2003-2006, is releasing a new book titled "What happened: Inside the bush White House and Washington's culture of Deception"

In this book he reviews everything for Bush, Katrina, CIA leak to the so called War.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Willie » Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Yeah, I saw that on the news last night. Might be an interesting read...
Willie
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu May 29, 2008 3:10 pm

The guy is a scumbag who should be run out of the country on a pole. It takes alot of balls to be part of such a "horrible administration" and then leave and start tattling about issues that will weaken our country.
This guy is world class douche bag, who is writing a "juicey gossip fest" book so that he can line his own pockets.
Good lookin' out for yourself you spineless P-O-S.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 pm

He strikes me as a used car salesman. Just tell them what they want to hear to make the sale. What it sounds like to me is that he just went to the left-wing blogs and said all the various conspiracies "might" be true or had some truth or ... Simple formula to put a big pile of bucks in the bank.

As everyone on the left knows, Republicans lie, except when they are trying to sell us books by telling us what we already believe.

If he had such problems, get the hell out and raise hell when it matters. Don't wait until years later when the only outcome will be a big pay day for you. He's either a liar and the book isn't true or he is a coward and was scared to do the right thing, but still wanted his payday.

I think he figured, what is it going to hurt. Neither Bush nor anyone in his administration is running for anything. He can pander to the left, sell a lot of books, be a darling on the TV talk shows, and retire.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 pm

He should be spat upon by every American that passes by him on the street.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu May 29, 2008 9:39 pm

Bob Dole wrote a letter to our buddy Scott that hit the nail on the head. I'm cut and paste PDA challenged so i'll sum it up..

Bob Dole basically called him out and said he's a piece if Schit for staying in the administration so long and keeping his mouth shut. If those thing really happened, which they might have, He should have resigned or did what ever was right then and there. Waiting and publishing it in a book is cowardly and he knows it. I never liked that dude and I sure as hell don't like his old bosses, but if you let the situation fester and do nothing, Your worse than them. You could have maybe prevented something. But that wouldn't have gotten him a book deal, would it?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LIGHT12 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm

While I do agree to an extent he should not be doing this. I always laugh that people will believe he has no agenda, but when the likes of **** Morris tell you the truth about the Clintons he is a liar and a turn coat.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 am

You can't see Dicky anywhere except FOX news. I'm sure Scotty will not have a hard time finding somewhere to take his story. This is a prime example of media bias against Republicans.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lanthanide » Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm

that and some very suspicious timing...election year and all.

This guy is just a ‘patsy’…by the by…doesn’t mean I don’t think him a slime. It’s the rich owners of the Democratic Party like George Soros that buy this crap…get it published and into the limelight.

Ol’ Scotty didn’t do this one all on his own.
lanthanide
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Fri May 30, 2008 8:13 pm

agreed
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:13 am

Whew! Is anyone ging to read the book? From what I've seen in the interviews, he's not saying anything we didn't already think... he's just admitting it.

CDH: I don't think this weakens our country. It shows the rest of the world that we really do believe in freedom of speech... even when it hurts. Most of the rest of the world already thinks GW is a DB, so this won't make that any worse than it already is.

Spinnerman... no kidding. The whole Bush gang has always struck me as a bunch of used car salesmen. In fact, I've said repeatedly that GW would make a great used car salesman, cuz he's likeable, and he'd keep repeating the same sales pitch over and over, ignoring your concerns or actual wishes, smiling at you the whole while, until you finally caved in and bought his junker... just to get out of there. BTW: I heard McCLellan didn't get a whole bunch of $$ from the publisher for his book and is going to donate some portion of the revenues with vets... at least that's what he said on Meet the Press this morning.

Don: how is this media bias against Republicans. It's an interesting situation that doesn't reflect well on this administration, but I don't see it as an indictment of R's only. I think all partisan politicians suffer from a lack of integrity. That said, it may not help the R's in the fall elections.

For everyone that thinks McClellan is a snitch, just for fun, let's think about it this way. Suppose some gangsta in the hood see's his homeys commit murders and selling crack. He keeps mum with the cops for a long time. They have a code of silence. But as he sees more and more, eventually his thinkning begins to change, bit by bit, until finaly he can no longer rationalize all the bad things as okay. He comes to believe that that murder and selling destructive drugs to kids are wrong. Eventually he tinks he needs to do something and decides to comes clean with the cops and help them nails his former buds to help stop the crime and destruction.

How would you view the reformed gangsta and his actions? Would he be a douche bag snitch? Or would he be a guy who made lots of bad mistakes, grew some intellectually and developed a conscience, and then tried to do what he thought was right thing to make amends, even though he knew it would make his life tough?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Dude, I like your gangster analogy except it should go like this.
The aforementioned snitch gangster sees his homies committing crimes, and other atrocities, that he is benefitting from financially and socially. Then when he sees that the end of the gravy train is near, he decides to turn coat and snitch out his homies in order to further his financial gain and social status.

The guy is a scumbag either way you cut it.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 am

There's another book out from a Bush insider that was actually involved in the internal Iraq debate. Can't think of his name off the top of my head, but in his interview he was telling a whole different story.

Who will sell more books? That's the guy we take as the Gospel, because he clearly is just trying to get the truth out. Yeah, right.

It's politics and none of them are saints, but this idea that the Bush administration is somehow one of the worst is absurd. Most of the stuff these guys claim is true was proven fact in the Clinton administration and they didn't care. This is pure childish projection of their flaws.

BTW, I'm in the midst of reading Obama's 2nd book. This guy is no intellectually heavyweight. What a bunch of mindless garbage. Dude has a far greater grasp of the issues than this clown. If you want a bunch of I wish everything were perfect, flawed stereotype, horrible mischaracterizations, and basic cluelessness, then please read his book. Please, read his book. This clown should be a joke. I say Dude for President. He is clearly more qualified and has a better grasp of the issues.

Obama's deep intellectual thought. He says he believes what he believes, but he's talked to all kinds of people while running for elected office. He's surprised they are actually nice people. He sees where they are coming from. Then he badly mischaracterize what we believe or attributes the beliefs of a fringe group to the mainstream. Then he sums it up by saying that he still believe what he always believed.

That pretty much summarizes everything I've read and I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book.

It's really not surprising that he doesn't understand middle America, since he was raised for part of his life in a foreign country and the rest of his childhood in Hawaii. A nice place, but not exactly mainstream America. He attended private schools and than went to small elite colleges.

Sorry for hijacking the topic, but I didn't feel like starting a new one.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum