december 21 2012

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

december 21 2012

Postby flight canceled » Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 pm

today for the first time, i heard that december 21, 2012 is going to be the end of the world. No, i do not believe this one bit, but i googled this date, and alot of articals showed up on it. As soon as someone said that, everyone started saying that they had heard about it and they seemed to all think it was true. i dont konw if they are really stupid or what :huh:

ever heard of it?
try and google it and read some stuff about it.
If you want peace, prepare for war.
flight canceled
hunter

Postby portahunter » Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Been hearing about it for the last 5 years or so. Don't believe in it too much. :help:
portahunter
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Fri May 30, 2008 8:12 pm

It was on the History Channel or one of those types of channels a while ago. I think the Aztecs or the Myans predicted it, and a possible the Hebrews don't quote me on that. I know one thing...if it's true there are a ton of things that I'd like to do before then. Like 3 Swedish chicks, at the same time, shoot a Halequin, catch a Great White Shark, and drive to Jrocks house dressed like a clown. :rofl:
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Fri May 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey at least i'll be retired by then :rofl:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tripleCBoykins » Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 pm

That date is the end of the 3rd Aztec calender. The end of the second calender predicted the coming of a white God who would change their world. Cortez arrived an ended their civilization as we know it.
Hunt with Boykins
tripleCBoykins
hunter

Postby flight canceled » Fri May 30, 2008 8:26 pm

i dont understand a word you just said :lol: im not a history person i guess :yes:
If you want peace, prepare for war.
flight canceled
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri May 30, 2008 9:44 pm

I was hearing alot about it six months ago, but lately haven't heard much. Funny how panic stricken some people seemed over it. I also heard that on top of the Aztecs and some Jewish references, that someone had tied some New Testament stuff to the date. I've also heard people attribute it to Aliens. There's some show out of California that's on at midnight where they talk about it alot. Can't remember the name. I think the guys name is George Norrey or something.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby don taylor » Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 am

Art Bell on Coast to coast AM! those people are wack jobs. I listen to that show sometimes just to listen how low a IQ can be and still be able to operate a telephone. You can have 45 un interrupted minutes of anal probing aliens, the end of the world, then all of a sudden, someone is on the phone being chased by a ghost. Its hysterical!

This date is rock watcher mumbo jumbo. The only person I've ever talked to that believes it whole heartily is Preacher. He also likes Coast to Coast AM. go figure.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:12 am

Since the world began people have been predicting when it will end. Obviously, no one has been right so far. Im not gonna get riled up about 12/21/2012
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 6:17 am

I am. I'm telling every Swedish chick that I meet. and I just went and bought my Clown outfit, now all I need are the shoes.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby gunny ducker » Sat May 31, 2008 7:33 am

If I remember right there are also a few other groups that say the end of the world will be in 2012. I saw a digital count down key chain the other day for it. So I say party like a rock star for the next 4 1/2 years, spend all the credit I can get, and have fun. If its wrong, welp it was a great 4 years. :thumbsup:
gunny ducker
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 am

don taylor wrote:Art Bell on Coast to coast AM! those people are wack jobs. I listen to that show sometimes just to listen how low a IQ can be and still be able to operate a telephone. You can have 45 un interrupted minutes of anal probing aliens, the end of the world, then all of a sudden, someone is on the phone being chased by a ghost. Its hysterical!

This date is rock watcher mumbo jumbo. The only person I've ever talked to that believes it whole heartily is Preacher. He also likes Coast to Coast AM. go figure.

That's the show. Last time I heard it it was months ago, and it was George Norrey doing it. You listen to those people and your IQ will start dropping by itself.

I don't know if anyone else has Sirius, but there's a guy on there called Riley Martin who is all about Aliens. It's like he is trying to start his own religion like L. Ron Hubbard did.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby jrockncash » Sat May 31, 2008 11:43 am

You better hope the world is ending if you show up in a clown suit. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know what I will be doing on that date. Its right in the middle of damn duck season. I'll watch the end of if all from my layout blind, unless the waters still open then It'll be swackin ducks in the pit blind.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am

We all float down here! hahahahaha
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby tripleCBoykins » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

I don't believe in aliens or anything like that. The Aztec had a very stong calender so that those in charge could predict lunar and solar events. They did this to present themselves as God's. So that the everyday people they ruled would follow them. In many ways they had more detailed calendar than we do today. They knew there was a black hole in our solar system. Which scientist today have only recently proven. All I'm saying is they predicted through their priests and calendar. That a white man (Cortez a spanish conquistador) would end their civilization and it happened. The third calendar ends on this date. Which is the end of the third dynasty of the Aztec's. It's the end of their world, hopefully not everyone's along with it.
Hunt with Boykins
tripleCBoykins
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:19 am

I've been to some really cool Mayan/Aztec ruins in Mexico, they sure knew how to build a pyramid and read the sky. One of the pyramids at Chichen Itza has a huge staircase that ends in a carved snake's head, and the whole pyramid is situated so that when the sun rises on a certain date (can't remember which one) it casts the shadow of the snake's body up the side of the pyramid. Cool, but not world-ending! Do they predict how the world will end, or does the calendar just come to an end?
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby Pumpgunner » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:53 am

This got me thinking so I did some research online. From what I could gather, it's not agreed by anthropologists that the Aztecs saw Cortez as a God, the earliest sources of this idea were written 50 or more years after the Spanish conquest. They did believe in a God named Quetzalcoatl who was light skinned, but he was also a feathered serpent. Most of the ideas of the Spanish being seen as gods were first popularized by Spanish priests, once again many years after the actual events. By the way, Mormons around here use the same white God idea among the Aztecs to "prove" that Jesus visited the new world, which the Book of Mormon claims. The Aztec calendar says nothing about the end of the world, it just comes to and end at a certain point and there's no real evidence that they thought the world would end at a certain time. To me this shows that you can take anything from the Bible, ancient calendars, history, or mythology and use it to make up and authenticate your own religion, or to reinforce any theory that comes to mind-like the one about the world ending in 2012.

BTW-wasn't the world supposed to end in 666, 1000, 1666, and 2000 too?
Pumpgunner
hunter

Postby hunter121390 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:05 am

well if it is, atleast ill have a good year and 8 days of drinking in. :biggrin:
If it flies it dies
Take em'
"My guns will be pulled out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking, and a pile of empty magazines and brass at my feet. "
"kill em' all, let God sort em out."
hunter121390
hunter

Postby schoon1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:21 am

Ok here is my take on it, this is pretty much based on the Mayan Calender, ok so it is pretty damn accurate especially in the realm of astrology, but I think it ends on 122112 simply because they ran out of rock they were carving on. Then when copies were made, well they were copies.

Remember it is a lot easier to control people if they are afraid, been that way since the dawn of civilization, still is, just watch the news.

so be afraid, be very afraid......
Semper Fi
schoon1
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:27 am

my parents are experts on this. the world isn't ending on this date but this is the date when we all have to make "the decision" between the light and the dark. niether decision is right or wrong but you must choose one or you will no longer exist. they really believe this, I keep asking them if there will be street signs or anything to make sure I dont exit on the wrong realm or something
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:33 pm

I'll chose dark that way I can start up my snip huntin club :yes:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsurko » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:38 am

It's probably true. I'm planning on retiring 5/2014 and getting out of this hell hole city. So it's my fault, I'm sorry.
gsurko
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 am

i dont think its the end. in each of the "cycles" in the mayan calendar, there was a new beginning. a new era. we are coming up on the end of the era of God, and the next is the era of man, or era of awareness. its not like the universe is gonna shut down that day, its a date that will mark a change in direction or change in society. if you do a little study of the past comapred to the calendar, its pretty interesting to see all the correllations. its not prophecy or hocus pocus. and its not religion as most religions would want everyone to believe so they can profit from more fear. its just a calendar, and its been spot on thus far.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am

is there a correlation between the calendars and stuff written by... i want to say Socrates but i know that isn't his name, if you know who i'm talking about please post it.

anyway, the guy found an algorithm that described events throughout human history that have all been correct and describe the end of the world.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 pm

idahofowler wrote:is there a correlation between the calendars and stuff written by... i want to say Socrates but i know that isn't his name, if you know who i'm talking about please post it.

anyway, the guy found an algorithm that described events throughout human history that have all been correct and describe the end of the world.
Nostradamas?
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum