december 21 2012

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 pm

yes jehler, that is the guy i was thinking of! so is there a correlation in your opinion?
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:14 am

nostradamus gave vague descriptions of possible things to happen in the future, and rough timelines for them. the calendar is more of an overall timeline of the cycles of mankind. its based in astrology, and on the gestation period of humans, so its certainly not hard fact and not a looming doomsday. just a calendar of cycles. no prophecy and no hocus pocus as most religions and other businesses of the kind try to get you to fear.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby NicoleL » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:17 am

pennsyltucky wrote:nostradamus gave vague descriptions of possible things to happen in the future, and rough timelines for them. the calendar is more of an overall timeline of the cycles of mankind. its based in astrology, and on the gestation period of humans, so its certainly not hard fact and not a looming doomsday. just a calendar of cycles. no prophecy and no hocus pocus as most religions and other businesses of the kind try to get you to fear.

I thought Nostradamus gave correct descriptions of things to come in the future?
NicoleL
Newb

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:20 am

he did? maybe you could tell us when, where, and what his next prophecy describes? he supposedly predicted all the past wars and their antagonists, assassination of presidents, 9-11, etc. if he is always clear, precise, and correct, why did these things happen with the world already knowing in advance?

his stories are very vague. to the point that you could almost pick one to fit anything. and when they do fit, its sometimes a stretch. for it to be real prophecy, to me, it would have to be applicable BEFORE it happens. hindsight is always 20-20.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby RightWing » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:34 am

I stoopider affer reeding dis post.
Kill totals 08-09: 1 bird(I think it was a mallard)
RightWing
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 am

Nostradomus's quatraines could pertain to modern day events, or to events that happened during his time concerning the Catholic Church and the Monarchy in France at the time. People weren't allowed to speak against the Church or the Gov't at the time, so it was a way of him making social statements about what was happening at the time, without having to suffer the consequences of doing it. They are so vague that you can fit events, places, and even names in them that seem to fit. You can actually take minor events from your own life, and they'll make sense and seem to fit some of the quatraines. On the plus side, it keeps some of the kooks busy concentrating on Nostradamus instead of coming up with new wackjob 9/11 theories.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:54 am

I predict that about 10,000 Americans will die on that day.

Of course about 10,000 Americans die every day, so I don't think it will be special.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby RightWing » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:12 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I predict that about 10,000 Americans will die on that day.

Of course about 10,000 Americans die every day, so I don't think it will be special.

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:
Kill totals 08-09: 1 bird(I think it was a mallard)
RightWing
hunter

Postby jeff_osu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:25 am

I remember when people thought the world would end with 2000 and the "new millennium" (nevermind the new millennium didn't start until 2001). So apparently God uses a base-10 number system and likes large, round numbers.

Also, the Mayans used a shorter year (200-something days), so 12/21/2012 might just be another "year 2000 thing" to them. I'm not interested enough to investigate on that though, so just speculating.
jeff_osu
hunter

Postby Mare_Vitalis » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:49 am

everytime my calendar ends I go buy a new one...
Mare_Vitalis
hunter

Postby jehler » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:12 pm

remember, it doesn't matter if you pick the dark or the light path but you must chooes one. not choosing is bad
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Pumpgunner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:07 pm

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

I have revealed what a nerd I really am by quoting Rush lyrics......
Pumpgunner
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum