Gay marriage.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Gay marriage.

Postby wackemstackem » Sat May 31, 2008 8:04 am

Seems like a good idea if your gay but whats the consequences for every one else,the tax payer.
Besides clogging up our courts with more divorces and custody battles ect,think of the fraud that can be involved and the possible drain on social security.
If you get sick he or she can marry a best friend and use their benefits and take advantage of the system.
Ileagals can marry cousins or even sisters and brothers for a green card.
These are all issues you dont hear any politician talk about.
The possabilities are limitless
For once the religeous right might be correct.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island


Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 9:34 am

Fraud can be done with any marriage. If there was a girl in myife who was a very good friend to me, and I was dying. What's to stop me from marrying her so she would receive my benefits?
With the divorce rate such as it is, I don't think gays will have that much of a negative impact on the court systems. The divorce rate is already at record numbers, we may as well ban ALL marriages, just give the people who have children together vested interest in each others pensions/health care, and social security.
If our government starts dictating who can marry who, then next thing they will say is blacks can't marry whites, asians can't marry latino's, terminally ill people can't marry at all, and so on and so on. I am very much against government interference with social issues.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby don taylor » Sat May 31, 2008 9:37 am

Gay marriage is all about adoption. Single people have a hard time adopting in the US. If a gay couple can claim they are married, what's the difference between them and any other couple? Not a thing. Imagine the day the first gay couple who adopts a young boy are found to be pedophiles. I don't care about anything nearly as much as the adoption part of the issue. Other than that what people due is between them and God.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 9:46 am

Gays are not pedophiles dude, Gays are gay, Pedophiles are pedophiles,
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 am

He wasn't saying gays were pedohiles, but there are gay pedophiles, and he's wondering how long it would be till a couple of those guys got together and started adopting kids for the sole purpose of abusing them. You see it in foster homes all the time. People who molest kids generally put themselves in positions where they are in constant contact with kids. Like schools as teachers, Churches as Priests and ministers, foster parents, camp counselors and such.

Personally, I know a few dykes that work with my buddy, and hang out with them at his parties, and don't really have a problem with it. Doesn't really affect me all that much, and the lesbians don't need to adopt, they just have to fool a guy into thinking they're straight for one night. I figure let them get married. It's not like marraige means what it used to anyway.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
User avatar
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster
 
Posts: 4447
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby montana bound » Sat May 31, 2008 5:54 pm

I say let them get married , then they can be miserable like the rest of us :rofl:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
User avatar
montana bound
hunter
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Nashua, MT

Postby HotDog » Sat May 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Marriage began in the Bible describing the union of a MAN and a WOMAN.
God's word condemns men who lay down with men. It goes without saying that He condemns women that lay down with women.
Our government does not have the authority to say who can and cannot get married because they did not grant those rights originally, God granted those rights.
If our govrnment wishes to bestow union rights towards gays and lesbians, then so be it.

CALL THEM SOMETHING ELSE.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
User avatar
HotDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Addison County, VT

Postby VGM-Hunter » Sat May 31, 2008 8:23 pm

Being gay is a SIN no other way to look at it!! Yes God still loves you but its a SIN. Just like we are all sinners BUT we are to repent from our SINS, getting married to the same sex isn't really repenting.

And correct me if I'm wrong but most pedophiles are gay and I hope most gays aren't pedophiles.

BUT I'm not to judge a gay or a straight. Like I said we are ALL sinners and my sinns aren't less of a sin then someone elses.
VGM-Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Western NC

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 8:28 pm

Don't CALL it marriage? You have to use a different term to mean the same thing? :huh: Because who said so? I've never once heard God say anything of the sort. I may have read some guys antiquated opinion in a book, that has been proven time and time again to have falsities throughout it.
And tell me doesn't God, and the Christian religeon preach about the importance of love, kindness and understanding?
Does that mean only love between a man and a woman? or only love that you and I participate in? Who has the right to condemn homosexuality? As gross as two guys humping like spring muskrats may be, who are you and I to say it's wrong?
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby VGM-Hunter » Sat May 31, 2008 8:34 pm

you and I are no one to say its wrong but God does!!
VGM-Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Western NC

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 8:44 pm

That's what I love about the God Squad, you guys are always quick to judge, and tell someone what God thinks. You again need to get your head out of the bible, and possibly your kiester. Are you saying gays are going to hell? You can honestly tell me that gay men and women are sinning? even if they truly care about their partners the way you care about you wife or girlfriend? That sir is no religeon I want to be a part of.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby jrockncash » Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 pm

Religion and Politics pisses people off everytime. Can a Benevolent God condem someone for humping like tooled people?

God didnt say that stuff though. The bible did and theres a huge difference between the two.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Postby VGM-Hunter » Sat May 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Quick to judge, whos doing the judging?? I said nothing about Hell. Jesus died for our sins so we don't go to Hell. We have to repent of them thats what I said. They can love each other as much as they would like. I'm saying its a sin plain and simple. Yes sins feel good and can be fun but they are still a SIN
VGM-Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Western NC

Postby VGM-Hunter » Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 pm

The bible is Gods word............
VGM-Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Western NC

Postby captainduckhead » Sat May 31, 2008 9:29 pm

That's totally creepy. I feel good about being a non participant in organized religeon. And by the way VGM, I studied theology among other studies for quite a long time, so I'll be happy to engage you in debate about the crap that someone filled your head with.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby VGM-Hunter » Sat May 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Even tho you don't want any part Jesus died for your sin as well as the gays and he LOVES you too.

No need for a debate my theory against yours isn't gonna do anything but facts and prof are "filled" in my head.
VGM-Hunter
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Western NC

Postby jrockncash » Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 pm

OOOHhh lets debate, can I be the mediator?

First question: Where is the Ark and how old is the Earth?
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Postby cannon » Sat May 31, 2008 11:12 pm

Hmm. Interesting thought . . . What if you're wrong?

VGM Hunter, if you're wrong, you'll have spent your life missing out on the indulgences that are prohibited by the Bible you claim is the Word of God. When you die, you'll just be dead, and you'll have wasted your life trying to love your enemies and turn the other cheek. I suppose you'll look like a moron for having put all that effort into something that's a complete hoax.

Captainduckhead, if you're wrong, when you die, you'll be in Hell, which I suspect would be uncomfortable.

For the record, theology notwithstanding, followers of Christ don't believe that you'll go to hell because of what you do, whether it's homosexual or not. They believe that you'll go to hell because of who you are, which is sinful in its very nature. Genuine Christianity says that, absent your acceptance of the gift of a sacrifice sufficient to make up for that nature, there is no way to get to heaven. By the same token, that same discipline says that, once the sacrifice has been made and you've accepted it through faith, nothing you can do can change the fact that you'll gain heaven, even if you go homo, or murder, or are just slutty. Doctrine says that whether you're gay, straight, Christian, gnostic, atheist, drunk, sober, smart, stupid, or just goofy, you're a sinner, past, present and future. Pure Christianity says that being queer will never keep you out of heaven. Rejecting the sacrifice of the Christ, however, will do the trick.

Its Biblical teaching that says homosexuality is a sin, along with drunkenness, slothfulness, lying, divorce, fornication, over-eating, vulgar language, covetous thoughts, etc. (the list is pretty daunting). Orthodox "Christians" don't believe that you or any of one of them are capable of living a single day without sinning, and therefore, if genuine in their "faith", won't be accusing you or anyone else of anything, other than being a sinner by your very nature, just like they are.

Ironically, despite the fact that Christianity gets tagged as a judgmental "religion", its purest doctrine is exactly the opposite, and assumes us all to be worthless losers with no hope of recovery absent the grace of a perfect sacrifice on our behalf. A lot of people claiming to be "Christians" spend a lot of time telling a lot of people how to live. However, while genuine followers of Christ will be glad to share their faith, they'll also willingly acknowledge the fact that they have no right to point the finger at you about anything.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat May 31, 2008 11:54 pm

jrockncash wrote:OOOHhh lets debate, can I be the mediator?

First question: Where is the Ark and how old is the Earth?


answer to ? a- it is now dirt, i mean what wood lasts for 10000 years???
answer to 2 b- who knows
User avatar
jjohnson_714
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: Coeur d'Alene

Postby rmh » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:47 am

I wish hunting season would start.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1705
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby HotDog » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:13 am

captainduckhead wrote:That's what I love about the God Squad, you guys are always quick to judge, and tell someone what God thinks. You again need to get your head out of the bible, and possibly your kiester. Are you saying gays are going to hell? You can honestly tell me that gay men and women are sinning? even if they truly care about their partners the way you care about you wife or girlfriend? That sir is no religeon I want to be a part of.


My telling what God thinks does not mean that I am being judgemental.
Only that I am relating what the Bible says.
I do not and can not say who will go to hell.
While I have to accept that there are people engaged in a gay lifestyle, I do not have to accept it as normal behavior.
I chose to live a Christian lifestyle. Some would say that I am not normal.
Apparently there will be differences of opinions.

How about those Celtics!
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
User avatar
HotDog
hunter
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Addison County, VT

Postby captainduckhead » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 am

cannon wrote:Hmm. Interesting thought . . . What if you're wrong?

VGM Hunter, if you're wrong, you'll have spent your life missing out on the indulgences that are prohibited by the Bible you claim is the Word of God. When you die, you'll just be dead, and you'll have wasted your life trying to love your enemies and turn the other cheek. I suppose you'll look like a moron for having put all that effort into something that's a complete hoax.

Captainduckhead, if you're wrong, when you die, you'll be in Hell, which I suspect would be uncomfortable.

For the record, theology notwithstanding, followers of Christ don't believe that you'll go to hell because of what you do, whether it's homosexual or not. They believe that you'll go to hell because of who you are, which is sinful in its very nature. Genuine Christianity says that, absent your acceptance of the gift of a sacrifice sufficient to make up for that nature, there is no way to get to heaven. By the same token, that same discipline says that, once the sacrifice has been made and you've accepted it through faith, nothing you can do can change the fact that you'll gain heaven, even if you go homo, or murder, or are just slutty. Doctrine says that whether you're gay, straight, Christian, gnostic, atheist, drunk, sober, smart, stupid, or just goofy, you're a sinner, past, present and future. Pure Christianity says that being queer will never keep you out of heaven. Rejecting the sacrifice of the Christ, however, will do the trick.

Its Biblical teaching that says homosexuality is a sin, along with drunkenness, slothfulness, lying, divorce, fornication, over-eating, vulgar language, covetous thoughts, etc. (the list is pretty daunting). Orthodox "Christians" don't believe that you or any of one of them are capable of living a single day without sinning, and therefore, if genuine in their "faith", won't be accusing you or anyone else of anything, other than being a sinner by your very nature, just like they are.

Ironically, despite the fact that Christianity gets tagged as a judgmental "religion", its purest doctrine is exactly the opposite, and assumes us all to be worthless losers with no hope of recovery absent the grace of a perfect sacrifice on our behalf. A lot of people claiming to be "Christians" spend a lot of time telling a lot of people how to live. However, while genuine followers of Christ will be glad to share their faith, they'll also willingly acknowledge the fact that they have no right to point the finger at you about anything.

Nice job Cannon, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter
 
Posts: 3816
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm
Location: St. Lawrence River, NY

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:23 am

I think don and wackem would make a cute couple
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby dudejcb » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 am

VGM-Hunter wrote:The bible is Gods word............

God is not a writer or a publisher. Those are things men (and woment) do.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby dudejcb » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:27 am

dudejcb wrote:
VGM-Hunter wrote:The bible is Gods word............

God is not a writer or a publisher. Those are things men (and woment) do.


Right on Cannon! great post!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests