Bush intends to abrogate U.S. sovereignty

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby cannon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Wulp, I dunno who said it, or even exactly what they said, but I'll agree that our country's economic future is looking fairly bleak. The thing no one mentioned is that it is the pure and absolute fault of the American consumer, rather than the government. The government is responsible for covering up the crisis and bailing folks out that should be going under, all the while prolonging the inevitable. However, the consumer debt level over the last 30 years is probably double what it has been for any 30 year period during American history, save the period containing the Great Depression. The mortgage crisis is a perfect example. People are irresponsible and involved in a tooth-and-nail battle for keeping up with the jones's while the unemployment rate is rising and the value of the dollar is on a steady decline. Meanwhile, folks that normally spent $250/month on fuel are now spending $1,000, and trucking firms are being buried faster than Bill Clinton can shag an intern.

Generation X is being touted as the first generation in American history to be worse off financially than their parents. We're not Rome, and we don't have a multi-millennium history for comparison. I'm thoroughly convinced that our own arrogance and gluttony will be our downfall. I don't know what its like across the nation, but folks around here are losing jobs right and left.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby bluewing77 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 am

don taylor wrote:Canamerico?
Canamerixico?
Mexamerada?

Borders? gone. Language? gone. American(white) culture? gone. Its only the whites that melt in this pot here in America. We have to blend into the black or hispanic culture in order to be cool. Listen to top 40 radio and see what is in style and currently fashionable.

c'mon don, when youre not here on the duckchat we all know youre Livin' La Vida Loca!!!
bluewing77
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 pm

rmh wrote:You're an FBI agent and have just caught a terrorist who you know has planted a WMD in, say, Little Rock set to go off in an hour. Do you question him in the normal way or do a little light torture to squeeze it faster.

Wasn't this an episode of 24? That's reality TV.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby rmh » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:17 am

What's "24"? Just kidding although I've never watched it. That's a scenario that comes up in various forms during different types of evaluations and training. Also an ethics question sometimes. I will use a form of it sometimes in class to develop writing/argumentation skills. That one is usually to defend or oppose the use of nuclear weapons to end WW II.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:11 am

I'ts been a while since I thought about this thread... and after some re-thinking (and pondering: What would Jack Bower do?) I'm taking a new position. Let's face it, Little Rock may well be expendable.

I know it sounds harsh, but really, what has ever come out of Little Rock that is important to ME. Nothing as far as I'm aware. so bombs away! :hammer:
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby rmh » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 am

Might screw up the hunting down range, though. It would be a form of aggressive urban renewal.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum