I want a month too!!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby carsonr2 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Nice time-line fowler.

Let me get this straight, slavery is a good thing, as long as generations later the descendants are able to establish themselves to become successful? I don't know about that.

I still like the cabbage patch, can't do it as well as my black friends though.
carsonr2
hunter

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

captainduckhead wrote:If you ask me, the black community owes us (the caucasians) a debt of gratitude. They should all get right down on their knees and thank white people for enslaving them.

This is what makes this place so special.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:58 pm

SM-

Women are the minority as long they don't have a voice the way men do. Specifically white men. It's because of the same reason that I don't think a black or a women will ever be president. At least not in this life. Women are the majority as far as physical numbers. CEO's, VP's, land-owners, stock-holders, homeowners, its safe to say they are the minority.
Last edited by Fowlercon on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Rat Creek wrote:And no, there shouldn’t be a White month or any other special month. Just doesn’t seem right or decent.

Sounds like a great idea to me RC.Now while were at it how bout we get rid of affirmative action.Level the playing field for EVERYONE.No more public works contracts for MINORITY contractors.No more civil service jobs for ANYONE that does not score high enough on the exam.Instead of recruiting minorites for jobs how bout the man or woman best qualifyied for the job gets it no matter race creed or religon. :thumbsup:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:01 pm

wackemstackem wrote:
Rat Creek wrote:And no, there shouldn’t be a White month or any other special month. Just doesn’t seem right or decent.

Sounds like a great idea to me RC.Now while were at it how bout we get rid of affirmative action.Level the playing field for EVERYONE.No more public works contracts for MINORITY contractors.No more civil service jobs for ANYONE that does not score high enough on the exam.Instead of recruiting minorites for jobs how bout the man or woman best qualifyied for the job gets it no matter race creed or religon. :thumbsup:

AMEN TO THAT!
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Their ya go we agree on something :thumbsup:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:11 pm

don taylor wrote:Lots of you guys don't live or have dealings with the general population blacks. If I wasn't subjected to all the experiences I have been maybe I'd be different. But I know far too much. Blacks I know don't have PHD's they have Escalades and Glocks.
I know. That's my point. My brother lived in Pittsburgh and drove a beer delivery truck to many of the finer parts of the city. That isn't representative. Nor is my current job.

I would not describe inner city Pittsburgh as the general black population any more than you can call some where the general white population. The inner cities are what liberalism leads to with their progressive ideas. I saw the same thing in rural white communities of the collapsed coal industry in central PA. It's the same patterns of destruction but different skin color.

I lived outside Atlanta and went to college in the city and ate breakfast at a city Burger King most mornings. I saw what was probably the general black population including all segments of the population from the top to the bottom. There is absolutely no significant difference in the general black and white populations. They respond to the same incentives in the same way. Parents that raise childrent to be independent and self-sufficient produce far more successful children. Parents that buy into the progressive ideals, have a bunch of little bastards with a high propopensity for dependency on drugs, government, and other destructive behaviors. But they have self-esteem way beyond any thing they deserve and you best not disrespect them or in any other way suggest that they might be doing something wrong.

The only difference is a larger fraction of the black population has bought into the progressive b.s. as you can see by the 90% voting for the most progressive candidate on the ticket. As Dr. Phil would say "How's that working out for them?"
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:12 pm

It's hard on me on these huntin boards. What, with all my crazy talk about equal rights for every american and all.

I knew we'd find middle ground!
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:15 pm

SM, you had me till you quoted Dr. Phil. Someone as intelligent as yourself should lower their standards by quoting that ******! :rofl:
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Fowlercon wrote:SM-

Women are the minority as long they don't have a voice the way men do. Specifically white men. It's because of the same reason that I don't think a black or a women will ever be president. At least not in this life. Women are the majority as far as physical numbers. CEO's, VP's, land-owners, stock-holders, homeowners, its safe to say they are the minority.

Why aren't women more likely to be in higher management positiosn? The same reason I am not an executive right now. They are far less likely to be workaholics. I was working 80 hours per week and moving up the ladder. I made a decision that assured that I would never be a corporate executive. I went back to school and got a Ph.D. and now work as a research scientist for the government. I can duck hunt before work in the morning. I have a flexible work schedule. I get paid a good salary, but probably not near what I would have made had I stayed with the corporation.

When a man and a women have the same degree, etc? Most studies show that the women make more money than their male peers. The difference is men and women don't choose the same career paths at the same rates. Men are more likely to pursue the money and women are more likely to pursue quality of life. It's shouldn't be shocking then that men make more than women. It is NOT some sort of widespread descrimination. There are simply too many options in this country to stop any determined person.

Discrimination is a secondary or probably a tertiary factor in any individuals success. It only accounts for a small fraction of the differences between groups. That's why Asians outperform whites. Sure they are discriminated against, but they make up for it by valuing education and working harder. Same for African immigrants.

As far as Dr. Phil. I had to lighten the mood a little bit. It is a good question though.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:38 pm

Your right SM. For the determined person almost nothing is off-limits in american. That's why people by the thousands are crossing our boarders daily to get here.

The descriminatory factor is perceived by the individual. In other words, women, blacks, asians, mexicans, etc, tend to have to work harder, much harder than the run of the mill white american male. That's the difference. Sure a underqualified black women may get the job in the Ford plant over a qualified white guy. I'm not talking about an under 100k per year jobs here. 100K and over. Who has those jobs? 200k and over. 500k and over. These questions need to be asked. We're started talking about racial differnces and rights and now we have finally gotten down to what really matters. Economical viability. This country has always been divided by economics. Who has more of a propensity to succeed? Me or the guy from the ghetto? I walked to school. Me or a women who is three months pregnant? The variables you can create are mind-numbing. The question is not "when am I gonna get my month?" It's "Have I done all that I can to ensure justice for myself first, and others second?"

"A threat to justice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Hey Fowler, who was quoting you? Not me? I understand you not liking what I had to say, and naturally you didn't read the whole thing, you took the one line that upset you the most and quoted it. It's people like you that make the country cater to and coddle these "minorities" honestly, who cares that they were slaves at one time? What about the Irish that came here and were treated like animals? Or the German families that were here during WWII, some of which were treated so poorly that they committed suicide, or the Japanese families that were confined to camps during WWII? But yes, let's concentrate on the poor black community, they have been through so much because they were slaves over 140 years ago. Tell me why are they given preference points on civil service exams? Is it because they are mentally less capable of comming up with a correct answer than a white guy?
If you don't like my opinion, then I really don't care I don't remember inviting you over for tea anyway.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:02 pm

Fowlercon wrote:For the determined person almost nothing is off-limits in american.
That should be the fundamental message coming from our politicians if they really wanted to make things better. It's not. Why not?

I've asked before. If the Democratic party is the party of the poor and the Republican party is the party of the rich, then who wants you to be rich and who wants you to be poor? Who really needs the poor? The CEO or the Democratic Party Chairman?

The kid in the ghetto has a 100% free education through high school and guaranteed loans for college just like you and me. There are many changes that we should all be able to agree on that should be the first priority. First, kids don't get to 2nd grade until you've really passed the 1st grade, even if your ego suffers and you mother curses the teacher out. Second, get control of the class rooms. Outside of school, there should be zero tolerance for real crimes. Things like this should happen first. Diversity in college admissions and all of this won't help a kid that has a piss-poor education in grade school. Start at the bottom and work from there.

I no longer believe that the DNC party leaders really want to solve these problems. It would be too risky for them. Unfortunately, too many useful idiots by into the progressive view of the world because it makes them feel good and is far more appealing. Too bad it doesn't actually work in practice.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Captain, I was quoting myself.

"Naturally I didn't read the whole thing..........." That's awfully presumptuous, don't you think. I read your entire response twice just to make sure that the vile and disturbing opinion before me was actually real. It was. What was especially good was the part about blacks thanking us for enslaving them. That was so well thought out and I was overcome with your reasoning that I was actually at a loss for words. Imagine. The black community not being grateful for their enslavement. How dare they indeed.

People like me, huh? I don't give a damn that blacks were once slaves. It's not my fault and I didn't help perpetuate it. I will acknowledge the otrocities of slavery, the plight of the Italians and Irish and the poor Japanese AMERICANS that were taken off to internment camps. I will acknowledge it so it NEVER happens again. I will never forget or try to brush our history under the carpet because it makes me feel better about myself. Good, bad or otherwise.

Further, I never said that blacks or minorities were entitled to anything EXCEPT a fair shake at a good life. Again, that's why people are crossing the boarders in throngs daily.

No I don't like your opinion. I think it's stupid and narrow minded. I certainly would never have tea with you. A beer, maybe. Tea, no. I think your opinon is so absurd and ignorant that as I type this response I wonder if it's really worth the effort. You know, falling on deaf ears type of thing.

Nontheless, it's your opinion Captain and I will fight to the death for your right to express it. At least your have the fortitude to stand behind your convictions. I admire that. Your opinions are so blantantly wrong and hurtful to all mankind yet you hold fast. That takes guts and wether you care or not, I admire guts. It's your right and your personal constitution to live and die by. I'll drink to that.................whomever the company.
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm glad I have your blessing to continue to have an opinion.
And if you or any person had to live on the African desert or savanna, and squabble with wild animals over a croc infested mud hole, for water, and fight flies off of your food. You'd be much happier to be the descendent of a slave, and live in the good old USA.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:01 pm

We are here with United States Presidential nominee Obama. Senator Obama, the folks over at DHC have a question for you. Go ahead DHC.........

Senator Obama, Do you feel happier to be a decendant of a slave in this country? Cause you know, if your black and in the USA, you got some slave in ya!

Let's be honest. Doesn't this sound just a bit silly? Why are Africans all squabbling over a mud hole? Do you know that Africa is a continent and not a city? It's quite large, we should consult Google Earth. You know with 920 some odd million people on the entire continent of Africa I'm sure that there are at least a few "civilized" cities that are doin quite well.

Maybe I'm being too literal............
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Actually there aren't too many civilzed parts in Africa. I know that South Africa is, at least I think so :huh: . But the rest of it is basically in a civil war constantly. My church has missionaries in Zimbabwe (sp?) and they are in a huge power struggle right now. The economy is so far down the crapper that 1 U.S. Dollar will get you 10 million of their dollars last I checked, and that goes up each day. The ruler is killing people who won't vote for him and are against him. Most of the countries in Africa are that way. Not all, but most if I had to guess.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

contro

Postby lonewolf9029 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:02 pm

You go Don and jehler :rofl: :yes:
lonewolf9029
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:21 pm

Maybe I'm being too literal............

I think you meant liberal.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby sly1uc » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:14 am

J, great minds think alike! Ditto!!!
sly1uc
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:04 am

So....

I asked what MLK did. You gave me a timeline that contained nothing of relevance. According to you, he went to school, became a preacher, protested, got arrested, and that's about it. He was a smart guy, I'll give you that. Oh wait, I NEVER SAID THAT HE WASN'T. You also make it sound as though I'm calling the entire black race 'stupid and lazy'. I never said that. What's the common theme here?

You use words like IDIOCY to describe my post because I don't agree with your good ship lollypop ideas. When humor is the point, don't use the joke to make my argument to be ONLY about the joke. 95% of my post is FACTUAL.

Through life experiences I have seen and witnessed all I have described. Not to mention the silent majority here who is afraid they will be viewed as a racist because guys like you are here.

I understand what you mean and where you are coming from, But showcasing black history for the sake of doing it, is stupid. Name some great African Painter? How about African Sculptors? African Composers? How about Technology? any of that coming from Africa? Any advances since the Zulu spear? I got some more when you get done not being able to answer these ones.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:23 am

Im not scared to post Don. Your on a roll with this thread.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

ML King’s message was spot on. He was not about affirmative action or special rights; he was about equal rights and equal treatment under the law.

The crime that has occurred since is that people have co-opted his message because they can make money and have a seat at the power table if they do. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton come to mind.

I really don’t know what direction Dr. King would have taken had he not been murdered. I have often wondered whether he would have stayed true to his cause or would he have capitulated and joined the ranks of affirmative action pushers and race hate mongering in exchange for money and power.

I would like to think he would have stayed true to the real cause, but we will never know.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:09 am

I understand what you mean and where you are coming from

Don, if you understand what I mean and where I'm coming from then there is nothing I have to add to what has been said already. I acomplished what I set out to do. To convey my message in clear manner for anyone to understand, even if it goes against the flow of popular opinion, particular within the demographic of a hunting themed message board. I think some of your ideals are wrong and you think I am a liberal. Fine. If I was a smarter man I could have come up with a better way to get my views across without insulting or crapping on your post. But I'm not, I'm a humanitarian, Don. Not a liberal. I'm a registered rebulican who has voted republican since I was 18 years old. I just refuse to not say anything if a particular topic speaks to me. I firmly believe that "our own special month" is a completely perposterous notion based on us whites having a firm "leg-up" on all minorities. My original thought was; Are these guys really that threatened by minorities trying to gain a since of pride or nationalism? That thought remains the same and is answered within myself as, "Who really cares?"

Are we really that intolerant that we can't condone to honor a MLK day? For humanities sake, I hope not.
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Since you asked what MLK "did"....................I hope this helps you see this great american in a different light.

Regrettably, many Americans view Martin Luther King Day as a holiday just for African Americans. Rev. King would have been the first person to repudiate that attitude, for his message was for ALL people, of all races, creeds, colors and backgrounds. His message of equality in both government and economic opportunity is universal and should be heeded by all citizens of America and, in fact, all citizens of the world.

Dr. King contributed more to the causes of national freedom and equality than any other individual of the 20th century. His achievements as an author and as a minister were surpassed only by his leadership, which transformed a torn people into a beacon of strength and solidarity, and united a divided nation under a common creed of brotherhood and mutual prosperity.

It was Dr. King's policy of nonviolent protest which served to open the eyes of our nation to the horrors of discrimination and police brutality. This policy revealed the discriminatory Jim Crow laws of the South as hypocritical and unfair, and forced civil rights issues into the national dialectic. It is due to the increased scope and salience of the national civil rights discussion that the movement achieved so much during its decade of our greatest accomplishment, from 1957 to 1968.

It was in 1955 that Dr. King made his first mark on our nation, when he organized the black community of Montgomery, Alabama during a 382-day boycott of the city's bus lines. The boycott saw Dr. King and many other civil rights activists incarcerated in prison as "agitators," but their efforts were rewarded in 1956, when the U.S. Supreme Court declared that the segregational practices of the Alabama bus system were unconstitutional, and demanded that blacks be allowed to ride with equal and indistinguishable rights. The result proved the theory of nonviolent protest in practice, and roused our nation to the possibilities to be found through peace and perseverance.

In 1963, Dr. King and his followers faced their most ferocious test, when they set a massive civil rights protest in motion in Birmingham, Alabama. The protest was met with brute force by the local police, and many innocent men and women were injured through the violent response. However, the strength of the police department worked against the forces of discrimination in the nation, as many Americans came to sympathize with the plight of the blacks through the sight of their irrational and inhumane treatment.

By August of 1963 the civil rights movement had achieved epic proportions, and it was in a triumphant and universal air that Dr. King gave his memorable ``I Have a Dream'' speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. In the following year, Dr. King was distinguished as Time magazine's ``Man of the Year`` for 1963, and subsequently, in 1964, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Throughout his remaining years, Dr. King continued to lead our nation towards increased peace and unity. He spoke out against the Vietnam War, and led our nation's War on Poverty. To Dr. King, the international situation was inextricably linked to the domestic, and thus it was only through increased peace and prosperity at home that tranquility would be ensured abroad.

When Dr. King was gunned down in 1968 he had already established himself as a national hero and pioneer. As the years passed his message continued to gather strength and direction, and it is only in the light of his multi-generational influence that the true effects of his ideas can be measured.

Dr. King was a man who lacked neither vision nor the means and courage to express it. His image of a strong and united nation overcoming the obstacles of poverty and inequality continues to provide us with an ideal picture of the ``United'' states which still fills the hearts of Americans with feelings of brotherhood and a common purpose for years to come.
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum