I want a month too!!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:45 pm

Great man,I hope my children are judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.Meaning not to lose a job to a minority.
He also cheated on his wife and has bastard children.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island


Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:18 pm

Looks like a lot of us aren't feelin' the love (for ourselves). Why are you all getting so riled up?

Is it wrong for other groups, who have historically been shat upon, to want to instill a sense of pride and a can-do attitude in their kids--about their kids potential future? Or should they just shut up and let their kids develop a helpless attitude and fall into the trap of feeling sorry for oneself and not trying to make something of one's self? would that be better?

There are plenty of white people who have this same problem, but there are lots of white guys to look up to... Wawshinton, Lincoln, Charlemagne, yada, yada, yada. So while some white people share the helplessness problem, they have lots of role models. The Black community does not have a recorded history of great black leaders or men in Africa... so theytry to pick out some role models for themselves and their kids from more recent history. So what?

Bunch a whiny white guys.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:48 pm

dudejcb wrote:Is it wrong for other groups, who have historically been shat upon, to want to instill a sense of pride and a can-do attitude in their kids--about their kids potential future? Or should they just shut up and let their kids develop a helpless attitude and fall into the trap of feeling sorry for oneself and not trying to make something of one's self? would that be better?
That has got to be the worst strawman I have ever seen. If "they" do not have a month, their kids potential future is shot. I guess that's progressive logic because it defies all rational thought.

I guess we need a Samoan American month, so the Samoans have a choice other than letting their kids develop a sense of helplessness.

Asian Americans have been doing very well and I don't believe their kids have a month or even a lot of Asian American hereos to look up to. The Asians got shat upon pretty good in America. How do they make it? They shouldn't be able to succeed based on progressive logic.

Maybe we better never let the Asians have a month. They kick whitey's ass already. Can you imagine if they actually were able to develope a sense of pride and a can-do attitude and their kids were no longer falling into the trap of feeling sorry for themselves and they actually started trying to better themselves? Isn't that how it would work in the progressive world view? Then maybe whitey really would need a month.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm

Leave it to you Spinnerman to completely overblow the point. Of course their kids' future isn't shot... but there are many who's future's are a little bleak and if it does something for them.... so what?

Asians have a very long history they can trace. Blacks... not so much. Samoans... I don't know and don't really care one way or the other.

So why do you take the time, energy and effort of whine about Black History Month or MLK's birthday? It's no skin off your nose is is? why do we have aFather's Day and a Mother's Day? Oh yeah, so Hallmark can sell cards.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby wackemstackem » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:37 pm

And to top it off rite at the bottom right of this page is a link to african american college loans.Why cant we have loans for German Americans too that we dont have to pay back :huh: Im not angry dude just stating facts.Like spin said the asians dont want a month,why is that :huh: To come to think of it did you ever see a homeless asain person or as they said when I was a kid a bum.Those people take care of their own.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:52 pm

You went on about how it lifts people up and all this other nonsense and now it's as meaningless as Mother's and Father's day. I just can't follow this progressive logic. You use emotional words like shat upon, helpless, etc. and how important you think it is, but when I disagree then I've overblown it and I shouldn't waste my time because it's no skin off my nose. So based on Progressive logic, it's a very import thing that would uplifts people, but any argument that disputes that is overblown.

Anything that is based on race is divisive. If you are going to support divisive things, I believe it is incumbent on you to show the benefits out weigh the harm. I think this thread is pretty much proof that it is divisive even if it is because there are a bunch of dumbass redneck crackers out there. Dumbass redneck crackers are people too and still entitled to their opinions in America despite their clear mental disadvantages that would get them special status in the progressive world if they were not white. Not only is it divisive, it doesn't have any significant benefits. It's just another feel-good, but do-nothing, progressive policy that is beyond question.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:52 pm

My son is getting loans for college.

When I was dong my senior seminar class prior to graduation those many years ago, and was assigned to research and give a presentaion on minorities on campus. I went to the admin bldg on campus to get some info on our racial mix at Cal Poly, it happened to be a Tuesday, and there was a line of minority students along one wall with about fifty people in it. Chinese, Vietnamese, hispanic, you name it. I asked what was going on.. and found out it was minority student payday for the month. They werre getting paid to attend classessI None of uw white kids got that and I was PO's about it. I was firmly in you guys camp then.

My message to the other engineers in the seminar class was that we had to be better than good, cuz the competition was getting paid to compete against us, and would have other assistance when it came time to get a job.

All that is still ging on I think, but the reality is that while maybe one or two jobs I've interviewed for were awarded to a woman or a minority, for the most part my career hasn't suffered from minority programs. And when my career was in it accelerating phase--the first ten ot fiftenn years after graduation--I was in Southern California where there are lots of minorities, and my career was on an upward trajectory the whole time, cus I knew my stuff, had people skills, and could write... which for engineers is not always the case. they often know their stuff but lack writing or people skills, so those types get sidetracked and pigeon holed into a cubicle where they can commune with their loyal and trusted calculator.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:59 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:You went on about how it lifts people up and all this other nonsense and now it's as meaningless as Mother's and Father's day. I just can't follow this progressive logic. You use emotional words like shat upon, helpless, etc. and how important you think it is, but when I disagree then I've overblown it and I shouldn't waste my time because it's no skin off my nose. So based on Progressive logic, it's a very import thing that would uplifts people, but any argument that disputes that is overblown.

Anything that is based on race is divisive. If you are going to support divisive things, I believe it is incumbent on you to show the benefits out weigh the harm. I think this thread is pretty much proof that it is divisive even if it is because there are a bunch of dumbass redneck crackers out there. Dumbass redneck crackers are people too and still entitled to their opinions in America despite their clear mental disadvantages that would get them special status in the progressive world if they were not white. Not only is it divisive, it doesn't have any significant benefits. It's just another feel-good, but do-nothing, progressive policy that is beyond question.


There are so many divisive things in this world. I choose not to get sucked in and join in with the pissing and moaning. And that's why I take this position... you do yourselves a disservice by whining about the neediness of others. Why do you care? If that stuff makes them happy and inspires one or two of them to be more than a gangsta, great.

For myself, I don't need a "special" day for white guys to be happy with myself.

BTW: What harm does it cause, other than the stress between some folks ears?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:32 pm

dudejcb wrote:There are so many divisive things in this world. I choose not to get sucked in and join in with the pissing and moaning.
Yeah, you're above the fray. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby Tangier Island Slacker » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 pm

wackemstackem wrote:What :huh:


Just out of curiosity, do you think English should be our official language? I mean, I know the answer and all, I just want to hear it direct from the source.
Tangier Island Slacker
hunter
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: West of The Great Divide/Tangier Island

Postby don taylor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:33 pm

How do you have a friggin' nickel in your pocket dude? You buy into every CRYASS SOB STORY you hear. I bet when you see a pan handler, or should I call them Victims, you just empty your bleeding heart pockets.

I'm supposed to think that every black is EQUAL and deserves as much as me, yet they are entitled to things I'm not? HORSE{edit}! I'm tired of being force fed this diversity crap from the loudest whiney minority group. Every one has their hand out for special favor that only they are allowed to get. If they were for equality, why do they have things like Black colleges? segragation is cool when BLACKS want it, but not when we do. I'm tired of my white race being shat apon because we have more. WE EARNED IT! Nobody is given a special white wand when they are born that let's them stay in school, study, and have a good life. Maybe if the black family gave a shat about its own and its neighbors, they wouldn't be so bad off. Its this whole VICTIM mentality you push. How do you want them to be equal if we aren't treated equal to them? They get special privledges because they are black. Once again, HORSE{edit}.

BTW, MLK and the whole black history month is BS too. I've been over that. That's settled. We didn't need a different timeline to say the exact same thing. We all need a month to celebrate. Ask a black guy. REALLY I WANT YOU TO. ASK HIM IF HE THINKS WHITES DESERVE A HISTORY MONTH. I did tonight. Do you think he's for diversity and learning about your culture? HELL NO. His response was "Every month is white history month" and to dedicate a month to us would be EQUAL, and they don't want that. We still owe them cause my Great Great Great Grandfather was a slave owner. Before you ask, Yes he was, and I'm Proud.

Edited by mod
Last edited by don taylor on Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby don taylor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:40 pm

You also may want to not say things like...

Maybe he'll become more than a Gangsta.."

That's pretty racist to assume every young colored boy wants to be a gangsta.

I knew you hated the YO's, Dude. Try and hide it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am

Tangier Island Slacker wrote:
wackemstackem wrote:What :huh:


Just out of curiosity, do you think English should be our official language? I mean, I know the answer and all, I just want to hear it direct from the source.


You know I do,why do you ask.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3974
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby don taylor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:33 am

What is wrong with wanting a national language? One that seems to be the most universal would make the most sense. That's English. Is that bad?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
User avatar
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7534
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: Westmoreland County, Pa.

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:14 am

don taylor wrote:How do you have a friggin' nickel in your pocket dude? You buy into every CRYASS SOB STORY you hear. I bet when you see a pan handler, or should I call them Victims, you just empty your bleeding heart pockets.

I'm supposed to think that every black is EQUAL and deserves as much as me, yet they are entitled to things I'm not? HORSE{edit}! I'm tired of being force fed this diversity crap from the loudest whiney minority group. Every one has their hand out for special favor that only they are allowed to get. If they were for equality, why do they have things like Black colleges? segragation is cool when BLACKS want it, but not when we do. I'm tired of my white race being shat apon because we have more. WE EARNED IT! Nobody is given a special white wand when they are born that let's them stay in school, study, and have a good life. Maybe if the black family gave a shat about its own and its neighbors, they wouldn't be so bad off. Its this whole VICTIM mentality you push. How do you want them to be equal if we aren't treated equal to them? They get special privledges because they are black. Once again, HORSE{edit}.

BTW, MLK and the whole black history month is BS too. I've been over that. That's settled. We didn't need a different timeline to say the exact same thing. We all need a month to celebrate. Ask a black guy. REALLY I WANT YOU TO. ASK HIM IF HE THINKS WHITES DESERVE A HISTORY MONTH. I did tonight. Do you think he's for diversity and learning about your culture? HELL NO. His response was "Every month is white history month" and to dedicate a month to us would be EQUAL, and they don't want that. We still owe them cause my Great Great Great Grandfather was a slave owner. Before you ask, Yes he was, and I'm Proud.


Don, if you have a valium nearby, take it.

People are only as equal as they choose to make themselves. I don't give squat to panhandlers, and am aware of one who makes $50 to $150 a day and is alying cheat that gives the truly needy a bad rep. I have two jobs and so does my wife. they can get one job if they're that hungry. (that said, there are some homeless who need help... but that another can of worms.)

I don't "buy in" to every cry baby story (which is what this thread is largely about). Depending o n what perspective you choose to view anisue from, it may have some minute point that I try to appreciate, but mostly I just try to get you bunch a rednecks to look beyond you own noses a little. That's my mission. To get you intolerant, cry baby white guys to quit bellyaching about how hard you have it... what with having to pay taxes, embracing whatever nonsense the RNC and FOX are putting out, imagining that a women's right to choose isn't your issue, or the gall of seeing some minorities do okay and get some assisstance.

yeah. It sucks to a white guy huh. How far away is Thanksgiving anyway.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby Fowlercon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 am

don taylor wrote:How do you have a friggin' nickel in your pocket dude? You buy into every CRYASS SOB STORY you hear. I bet when you see a pan handler, or should I call them Victims, you just empty your bleeding heart pockets.

I don't know if this is directed to me or not, so I'll answer it. Never and I mean never have I given my hard earned money away for nothing. My heart bleeds for no one.
I'm supposed to think that every black is EQUAL and deserves as much as me, yet they are entitled to things I'm not? HORSE{edit}! I'm tired of being force fed this diversity crap from the loudest whiney minority group. Every one has their hand out for special favor that only they are allowed to get. If they were for equality, why do they have things like Black colleges? segragation is cool when BLACKS want it, but not when we do. I'm tired of my white race being shat apon because we have more. WE EARNED IT! Nobody is given a special white wand when they are born that let's them stay in school, study, and have a good life. Maybe if the black family gave a shat about its own and its neighbors, they wouldn't be so bad off. Its this whole VICTIM mentality you push. How do you want them to be equal if we aren't treated equal to them? They get special privledges because they are black. Once again, HORSE{edit}.

Who is demanding special privledges? You call black history month a special privledge? I don't push any victim mentality. You are completly misinterpreting my point. I am simply saying that on an equality basis things are not the same. They are not "as advertised". In other words americans love to waive their little flags and talk about freedom and equality for all and this is simply not the case. If you can't see this then you are blind to the facts. People have choices. Anyone, white, black, hispanic, whatever..............if you work had enough and persevere enough you can be a success in this country. BUT, my whole point up until now has been that the playing field is not equal. In simpler terms, it is HARDER for any minority group to succeed in american than your run of the mill caucasion.

BTW, MLK and the whole black history month is BS too. I've been over that. That's settled. We didn't need a different timeline to say the exact same thing.

The time-line is illustrated to show a life-time spent defending a cause. A worthy cause. A cause for bringing ALL AMERICANS together. Why do you have a problem with that? Oh yeah, they just hand out Nobel Prizes like chewing gum.
We all need a month to celebrate. Ask a black guy. REALLY I WANT YOU TO. ASK HIM IF HE THINKS WHITES DESERVE A HISTORY MONTH. I did tonight. Do you think he's for diversity and learning about your culture? HELL NO. His response was "Every month is white history month" and to dedicate a month to us would be EQUAL, and they don't want that. We still owe them cause my Great Great Great Grandfather was a slave owner. Before you ask, Yes he was, and I'm Proud.


I don't give a pickled rats {edit}want to learn about my culture or not. But I'm sure not gonna get my shorts is a wad if they want to celebrate their own. I don't want to learn about their culture either so you know what I do? I turn off the freakin TV. How hard is that?

You know what bothers me more than this petty crap? Watching golf with my nine year old son and having to explain what a four hour erection is because the PGA decides that it's ok to whore themselves for Cialis or Viagra.
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
User avatar
Fowlercon
hunter
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:51 pm
Location: Louisville,Ky

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:24 am

right on fowlercon!!

You siad what I was struggling to enumerate. I think don was pointing his remarks at me cuz we like to give each other a hard time and I'm the designated liberal on DHC.

Buit again, well said.

I turn off the tube or go to the other channels: History, Discovery, Food network, or even PBS (never for Lawrence Welk or Antiques Road Show, or all that gay English stuff... only for Nova, Frontline, NOW, Bill Moyers Journal, News Hour, etc. The smart stuff. And neve those damn Flip your house crap, or how to do a crummy remodel... what junk!)

We should hijack this thread and complain about all the crap on TV!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby woodie77 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:32 am

:hijacked: hey fowlercon just tell him it is one helluva a good time when he gets older... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
User avatar
woodie77
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Dayton, Tx

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:36 am

Fowlercon wrote:The time-line is illustrated to show a life-time spent defending a cause. A worthy cause. A cause for bringing ALL AMERICANS together. Why do you have a problem with that?
The have done such a great job of bringing all Americans together. You can just feel the love, especially from Obama's church.

Good cause, terrible policy, no success. I believe dude refers to that as being progressive and not liberal. Not clear on the distinction.

Fowlercon wrote:Oh yeah, they just hand out Nobel Prizes like chewing gum.
Mohammed Abdel-Raouf Arafat As Qudwa al-Hussaeini was a Nobel Laureate for the 1994 Nobel Peace Prize (aka Yasir Arafat).

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1994/press.html

Not to diminish what MLK did, but they aren't the most discerning organization out there. It's become dominated by progressive politics and is more focussed on intent than outcome. There are some great people, but a lot of fluff as well.
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/index.html
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Good cause, terrible policy, no success. I believe dude refers to that as being progressive and not liberal. Not clear on the distinction.


The communist party in the US started calling themselve progressive at one point in history. It was to fool people in to seeing them as something they were not. It is just a word, to make themselves feel better.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
User avatar
LIGHT12
hunter
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: ARIZONA

You shouldnt get the same as a white man!

Postby sly1uc » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:47 pm

blacks make up 13 percent of the american population. So they should get an equal share of 13 percent of everthing. Right? But dont tell me that blacks should get 50 percent of everything. The white man gets the lions share because he makes up 70 percent of the overall population. You sure dont hear the chinese complaining about stuff like the blacks. And they are doing very well in this country and white people arent getting accused of racism everytime they turn around from them. If the blacks would stop crying about alittle spilt milk, maybe they would do better in this country. Until the blacks stop bitchin@ about how there treated and about wanting to be treated equal, its never gonna happen. Show this country alittle respect and see if maybe the country might come to your side more. :yes:
"Honor God, love your woman and defend your country"
sly1uc
hunter
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Advance, MO

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests