Take the poll: Bush impeached?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Take the poll: Bush impeached?

Postby jehler » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:30 am

jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:57 am

I would love it. It would guarantee that the Congress would get nothing done for the remainder of this congress. As the last few years with the Republicans in control without any Conservative leadership, doing nothing is infinitely better than doing stupid things.

President **** Cheney - a lame duck with no concern for his legacy and only a few months to do what he wants :gatgun: :saw: :boxing2: :cheers:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:30 am

I think we can say that Bush has been the greatest political uniter that this country has ever seen. Everyone hates him...
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:54 am

Big Deal if he is impeached, Clinton was impeached, so what? He's not having any problems because of it.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:42 am

that is nothing more than a feeler by msnbc to see how many americans they have believing their daily crap. none of the first option is remotely true, and yet 89% voted that way... never ceases to amaze me.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby huntingdude16 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Kucinich's speech highlighting the what, something like 35 reasons, why he should be impeached took I think 4 1/2 hours to give.
huntingdude16
hunter

Postby captainduckhead » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:46 pm

What's the point? Wasting tax dollars, and resources, dominating the media attention, taking it away from important things like informing the nation that an American Imposter is running for president.
Impeaching Bush would be a waste of time, he's a lame duck. Let's move on so all the Liberals and Democrats can get an early start in wiping the egg off their faces.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Postby jehler » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:42 pm

I agree with all of you, I got that this morning from my lefty brother and i was a little suprised by the margin. Bush doesn't have many friends right now does he :rofl:
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Who actually see's polls like this, they are often attached as it is attached here on a website. the numbers are fairly easy to scew a little. I am a bit surprised myself at the numbers. Eithr it is attached to every moveon.org related site. or we have a lot more stupid americans than i thought. Their is nothing worthy of impeachment on Bushes plate. It is a giant wast of time and money and a ploy to get Obama elected if it is gone thru.

How about we Impeach all of Congress. they have done less for us.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Kucinich is a complete idiot. If Congrees really had anything of substance on Bush, they would have had the papers drawn up months ago. This is political pandering by morons to morons.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 am

LIGHT12 wrote:
How about we Impeach all of Congress. they have done less for us.
and they have an even lower approval rating than bush. they comitted all the same atrocities that bush supposedly did, so maybe ur right. i wish they would all just go home and stay there...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby huntingdude16 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:35 am

The reason they can't get anything done is because neither has the majority enough to do anything without the other side voting against it.
huntingdude16
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:54 am

Should Bush be impeached? two years ago maybe, he's cerainly a good a candidate for it. However, at this point time has run out and if anything, he (and Cheney and their minions) should be fully investigated and then tried for whatever crimes are provable... after the election.

We should not allow this type of behavior in the White House to be repeated by anyone ever again, and I think prosecution is the only way for us to regain the moral high ground as a country. We cannot simply look the other way, say aw shucks, and hope for the best going forward.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 am

Dude, The moral high ground in office has been gone for a while. And when it comes to things Bush supposedly has done. Is any of it any different than what has happened for years. Go read about Grants presidency if you want to see offenses. Nothing in your hatred for Cheney or Bush can compare. Hell JFK sent the IRS after MLK. FDR put americans in camps. LBJ was a snake int he grass, we all know what Nixon did, Clinton/Gore got caught taking money from Chinese.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:25 am

LIGHT12 wrote:Dude, The moral high ground in office has been gone for a while. And when it comes to things Bush supposedly has done. Is any of it any different than what has happened for years. Go read about Grants presidency if you want to see offenses. Nothing in your hatred for Cheney or Bush can compare. Hell JFK sent the IRS after MLK. FDR put americans in camps. LBJ was a snake int he grass, we all know what Nixon did, Clinton/Gore got caught taking money from Chinese.

I know the "high ground" has been brought low in many ways at many times. That doesn't mean it's not an idealistic objective that we should continue to strive for and correct past mistakes.

I don't hate Bush and Cheney (I hate their hubris), but I do think they have come the closest of anyone to undoing the foundation of our country, and for that deserve special attention.
Last edited by dudejcb on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm

this article just arrived in my inbox and tracks with my point... (scary huh).
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... newsletter
dudejcb
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:13 pm

At this point....... WHY? This whole country is going down the toilet......I'm just hoping to catch a ride with the "TIDY BOWL MAN"
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:28 pm

OK, Clinton was just as arrogent. Thumbed his nose at the country lied to you you knew it but how many americans still liked the guy.

To be in a position of power you have to be arrogent, and have some sense of overbearing pride and desire. Tell me that the two candidates for president do not have the same hubris as Bush.

And secondly I hope your not trying to show how smart you are by pulling a lame greek origined term out that no one has used in decades. A lot of us here have an education also. We just tend to work in terms the common man is used to. This is the internet. It is easy for people to see someone displaying their education as arrogent and can cause a thread to go down hill fast.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Hubris? you made me laugh. wasn't trying to show my lack of intelligence (still chuckling) but felt that that term connotes more of an above the law arrogance and didain for rules that others do. But if it came off as being too sMr.s marty pants... I'll take the hit, I'm good for it.

Yeah, clinton and all those guys have to be extremely self confident if not arrogant to think they should be president. But the distinction I always draw between Clinton's assinine stuff and this administration is that Clinton hurt himself and his family, and he embarassed many of us. But there waws not material damage to the country in terms of changing how governmetn operated, treasure lost, or lives lost.

This administration has done so much to hurt the the governement and its ability to do those tasks that need to be done for the public good. Politicizing justice, the FCC, EPA, you name it. Politiacal hacks and cronies were placed into potions of authrity and they then dismantled the infrastructure of the agencies to make them ineffective. some people think this is a good thing, but what it really does is allow crooks to run wild at the expense of the rest of us.

Example: lack of oversight and deregulation of banking, leading to the sub-prime fiasco... then, when that money tree goes south, the big money switches out of that and stocks (which suck for the same reasons) and move into futures speculation resulting in the higher than necessary prices and spikes we are enduring now... These are not sound supply and demand mechanisms, but are more like wealth accumulation mechanisms that take from the many (through speculation driven high prices, government buy outs of big failures, etc.) and benefit a very few.

And before someone goes there: yes if you have a retirement account or a 401 or 457, you might see some upward nudge if your portfolio manager was astute enough to see this coming, but even then it's nothing in comparison with the magnitude of benefit for those with huge money to invest... the wealthiest of the wealthy... the ones getting Bush's tax cuts that McCain want to make permanent.

Unless your a mega-millionaire you're losing in this economy. and those of us in the middle class, or those who aspire to remain in the middle class, or who's kids are starting out, need to wake up and realize the class warfare that has been underway for the last 8 years.

gotta go. that was quite a rant and I need to catch my breath.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby LIGHT12 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:09 pm

What part of taking money from chinese, or giving nuclear technology to N. Korea, or stipping our CIA, FBI, and military of on the ground recourses to successfully spy on our enemy does not hurt our country. What part of a President purgerying himself, or obstructing justice does not hurt our coutry. Let alone the fact if the CEO of exon was having his way with an intern people would want heads to roll. But the president, that does not hurt the standing our out country in the eyes of other nations.

Yah Bush has made msitakes, but I think some of his bravado is trying to stand up and put our country ahead of the others as Reagan did. He just has not been able to do it in that manner. Partially because of the politics of today, and partially because of the media of today. And I believe partially because he underestimated the leaks he would have in places such as the State Department.

A lot of things happen in every administration that the people do not know about, nor need to know about. It is the way business has been done for years. I think an Democratic party and all to eager media have demonized things that have been done, that had a different administration done them it would have been forgotten long ago.

Things like blaming Bush for Katrina. You don't see any out cry in Iowa right now. The people are helping themselves, the state is helping. And as someone told me, FEMA showed up and just got in the way. New Orleans, a city run by idiots couldn't take care of themselves. Squandered money that could have helped lessen the problems that occured, and when the poop hit the fan cried foul on the Feds. Liberal run city, blamed Bush when they couldn't take care of themselves.

On a side note. Why is it always Democratic run precincts that cry voter disinfranchisement by Republicans in every election. They usually run the precincts involved. LOL.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby atwoodflash » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 am

Lets be honest. Hte President is a Puppet. Congress and Senate do the voting and are the ones we need to change. They are the ones who control what we do as a country!
atwoodflash
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:24 pm

LIGHT12 wrote:What part of taking money from chinese, or giving nuclear technology to N. Korea, or stipping our CIA, FBI, and military of on the ground recourses to successfully spy on our enemy does not hurt our country. What part of a President purgerying himself, or obstructing justice does not hurt our coutry. Let alone the fact if the CEO of exon was having his way with an intern people would want heads to roll. But the president, that does not hurt the standing our out country in the eyes of other nations.

Yah Bush has made msitakes, but I think some of his bravado is trying to stand up and put our country ahead of the others as Reagan did. He just has not been able to do it in that manner. Partially because of the politics of today, and partially because of the media of today. And I believe partially because he underestimated the leaks he would have in places such as the State Department.

A lot of things happen in every administration that the people do not know about, nor need to know about. It is the way business has been done for years. I think an Democratic party and all to eager media have demonized things that have been done, that had a different administration done them it would have been forgotten long ago.

Things like blaming Bush for Katrina. You don't see any out cry in Iowa right now. The people are helping themselves, the state is helping. And as someone told me, FEMA showed up and just got in the way. New Orleans, a city run by idiots couldn't take care of themselves. Squandered money that could have helped lessen the problems that occured, and when the poop hit the fan cried foul on the Feds. Liberal run city, blamed Bush when they couldn't take care of themselves.

On a side note. Why is it always Democratic run precincts that cry voter disinfranchisement by Republicans in every election. They usually run the precincts involved. LOL.

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:51 pm

apexhunter wrote:
LIGHT12 wrote:What part of taking money from chinese, or giving nuclear technology to N. Korea, or stipping our CIA, FBI, and military of on the ground recourses to successfully spy on our enemy does not hurt our country. What part of a President purgerying himself, or obstructing justice does not hurt our coutry. Let alone the fact if the CEO of exon was having his way with an intern people would want heads to roll. But the president, that does not hurt the standing our out country in the eyes of other nations.

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I was going to ignore this, but since you now have a fan and perhaps a quorum (sp?)... so I need to respond.

Taking money form the Chinese... thank God that'snot happening nowadays... err, wait... we owe them bagillions!

i didn't know Clinton had "stipped" (stripped?) our intelligence and defense so we didn't know or couldn't do anything. Shucks, Richard Clark seemed to know what was up. And that "Clinton" military (stripped as it was) looked great in Afghanistan. They were ridin' horses with the Northern Army and everything... just like in Lawrence of Arabia. Awesome! Or did I miss something there?

you wrote: "What part of a President purgerying himself, or obstructing justice does not hurt our coutry. Let alone the fact if the CEO of exon was having his way with an intern people would want heads to roll. But the president, that does not hurt the standing our out country in the eyes of other nations. "

first, make it easier on yourself (this will be my last English lesson, NOT!) instead of "perjerying himself" just say "committing perjury". it's easier, sounds better and is an actual word. (okay, that was a cheap shot. sorry.) but I already covered this so won't bother to again, except to say that the rest of the world held Clinton in very high regard unlike toady. apparently they don't have a big problem with interoffice hanky panky and then lying about it. go figure.

Next: what is you know about the CEO of Exxon and his interns? Whatever it is, I doubt heads would roll if he got cuaght... unless it was they guy who caught him, who's head rolled... but I'm confident that the intern would be rolling around however the CEO of Exxon preferred if he/she were so asked. Come On! The CEO of Exxon has lots of power (and $$) and could promote the intern into a cushy position (no pun intened). And that my friend's is how the free capitalisitic market works!

I'm having too much fun playin' with your words and should stop, cuz I think you were being sincere and I'm just goofin' around. See ya later.
Last edited by dudejcb on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 pm

And after ripping on him...you really had nothing to say to what he said. That is normal for people like you.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 am

Redline29 wrote:And after ripping on him...you really had nothing to say to what he said. That is normal for people like you.

people like me? Shall I be offended?

Yeah I didn't bother to respond to everything L12 mentioned and don't always have the luxury of time. some things simply don't rise to the level of requiring a serious respnse. That said, I'll make some time for you.

What scab do you want my take on that I neglected to pick at in the previous post?

BTW Redline: didn't you read the disclaimer at the bottom of the post? i was just havin' fun bein' a smartass. some men do that sort of give and take without getting all pissy. But that's how people like me are... always with the fun that has an edge to it.
dudejcb
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum