Take the poll: Bush impeached?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Redline29 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:35 pm

Hey I love being a smartass also. I love sarcasm. It is one thing to be sarcastic to joke around, yet it is another thing to be sarcastic because people who have nothing else to say use sarcasim because they have been proven wrong time and time again. John Stewart is a prime example of this. He loses a debate (not hard to do because he is a dolt) and here comes the insults and smartassedness.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA


Postby LIGHT12 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:43 pm

When I said stipping the CIA and military I meant Clintons insane policy of not allowing us to use peopel of questionable background on the ground. Most people that are needed to infiltrate any terrorist organization, or any underground or covert organization will have to have a questionable background. And often in these organizations you cannot easily make up a background. But need to have been close to someone in the past.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
User avatar
LIGHT12
hunter
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: ARIZONA

Postby mrbigtexan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:56 pm

i won't say that Bush has done a bad job because clinton would have just bent over and took it all the way in. Bush IMO has played the hand dealt to him the best way possible. right or wrong, America should always stand by their leader and look past right now and focus on what is best for our nation in the future. And by the way, who would you want in office "when", not "if", we are attacked again on our own soil? Someone who is willing to stand up and fight for us or someone who will turn their cheek and hope it doesn't happen again?
mrbigtexan
hunter
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: texas panhandle

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Redline29 wrote:Hey I love being a smartass also. I love sarcasm. It is one thing to be sarcastic to joke around, yet it is another thing to be sarcastic because people who have nothing else to say use sarcasim because they have been proven wrong time and time again. John Stewart is a prime example of this. He loses a debate (not hard to do because he is a dolt) and here comes the insults and smartassedness.
What's your point? or are you just... you know... ranting.

BTW: what "debate" did Jon Stewart (dolt) lose? I recall him being asked to particpate on a panel with Tucker Carlson, and he totally smothered him and his bow tie. But why are we talking about that here?

L12: I was unaware of Clinton's policy... that only the pure be allowed to go covert. Spinnerman seems to have the inside scoop (or at least that's how he posts it up) on international covert ops, so maybe he can shed more light.

But I agree. I think most covert infiltrators are probably a little dirty. hence the name infil... trators. How about that "speedball" guy that supposedley gave us the dirt on Niger and yellowcake... now there was a dirtball with a questionable background. and it worked out well too.
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 pm

mrbigtexan wrote:i won't say that Bush has done a bad job because clinton would have just bent over and took it all the way in. Bush IMO has played the hand dealt to him the best way possible. right or wrong, America should always stand by their leader and look past right now and focus on what is best for our nation in the future. And by the way, who would you want in office "when", not "if", we are attacked again on our own soil? Someone who is willing to stand up and fight for us or someone who will turn their cheek and hope it doesn't happen again?
Spare me the crap that anyone who disagrees with Bush is a wussy. Any leader, from either party, would have attacked Afghanistan.

Only the really smart ones would have figured out that Saddam was the mastermind behind it all.

And BTW: while it's a good starting point to always "stand by our leader man." That policy falls down when our leader becomes a serious threat also (you know, undermining civil liberties, allowing unchecked spying on our own citizens, sacking the treasury and the economy).

Take the psuedo patriotisim and put it away. We are all patriotic and the habit of some to attempt to discount the opinions of others by questioning it is cheap, weak, lame, lazy and dolt-like (if redline says it's okay for me to use his term.)
Last edited by dudejcb on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby Redline29 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:12 pm

"BTW: what "debate" did Jon Stewart (dolt) lose? I recall him being asked to particpate on a panel with Tucker Carlson, and he totally smothered him and his bow tie. But why are we talking about that here"

Jonah Goldburg kicked his ass so bad on the daily show they had to edit it out. Point is...when some people loose debates the resort to sarcasim because they have nothing else to say. Like somebody on here.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:22 pm

you must be talking about me. i aske for your point a while back and still haven't really picked up on anything... what up?

BTW: your dog might be on the loose. but you lose a ballgame. ( I know I have lots of typos too, so I apologize. that was cheap but fun... and beneath me.) (Pssst! that's an opening right there! come on. nothing is beneath me, not even whale crap, right?)

I missed the Jonah Goldberg ass-whoopin'. must a really been something. did you see Stewart get "crushed" by anyone else, or was this the only time?
Last edited by dudejcb on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:33 pm

one last thing before I go away for a few days. we were talking about slimy covert infiltrators, and I thought I'd share a picture of a slimy one I caught this last Sunday on Father's Day. Hope you all catch something this weekend. Dude

Image

this one was on Saturday...
Image
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby mrbigtexan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 am

dudejcb wrote:
mrbigtexan wrote:i won't say that Bush has done a bad job because clinton would have just bent over and took it all the way in. Bush IMO has played the hand dealt to him the best way possible. right or wrong, America should always stand by their leader and look past right now and focus on what is best for our nation in the future. And by the way, who would you want in office "when", not "if", we are attacked again on our own soil? Someone who is willing to stand up and fight for us or someone who will turn their cheek and hope it doesn't happen again?
Spare me the crap that anyone who disagrees with Bush is a wussy. Any leader, from either party, would have attacked Afghanistan.

Only the really smart ones would have figured out that Saddam was the mastermind behind it all.

And BTW: while it's a good starting point to always "stand by our leader man." That policy falls down when our leader becomes a serious threat also (you know, undermining civil liberties, allowing unchecked spying on our own citizens, sacking the treasury and the economy).

Take the psuedo patriotisim and put it away. We are all patriotic and the habit of some to attempt to discount the opinions of others by questioning it is cheap, weak, lame, lazy and dolt-like (if redline says it's okay for me to use his term.)
thanks for all the kind words
mrbigtexan
hunter
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: texas panhandle

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests