Jihad

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:19 pm

don't know if it would fly these days. AND, would be a terrible waste of Barbeque.

Could we get away with using just lard? And maybe using it a bit differently. I like the notion (or at least it tickles my funny bone) of all those virgins lubed up with lard, ready to go. That would really piss 'em off.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho


Postby grunt_doc » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:52 pm

I actually did this: When I was in Iraq, I managed to find hollow points for my rifle. They were issued, so it wasn't like I had "illegal" ammo. Anyway, I took a needle and cleaned all of the crap that builds up in the hollowpint out and then proceded to pack the hole with bacon. No, it didn't hold much, but the guys on my team thought that it that the greatest thing since the wheel. Bacon bullets are a great morale booster.

Doc
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
User avatar
grunt_doc
hunter
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Wells, ME

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:04 pm

don taylor wrote:I do feel you on the lack of sneak attacks we have going on. Its like we have to announce we are going to bomb them before we bomb them.
There are a lot of covert actions going on. It just doesn't make the news. We whack a few scumbags in Somalia, and other places from time to time. We have apparently succeeding in pretty well whiping out the Abu Sayef in the Phillipines, ... We are doing exactly what we should be doing. We just don't get credit in large part because the news only wants negative news. Killing scumbags is not news. The CIA and special forces are very busy in many places and they are getting results.

I would not want to be a CIA operative if Obama gets elected. He thinks very similarly to Jimmy Carter and I think he would hang them out to dry again.

dudejcb wrote:I think most at DHC are aware that I have made the point repeatedly that the way we handled Saddam and Iraq was a huge mistake on several levels; that it made us less safe, and that while not not all muslims are crazy, Iraq and other things (like silly cartoons) have inflamed the simple minded Islamo fundamentalist population worldwide... not helpful.
I've heard this assertion repeated often, but where is the proof that the citizens of the United States are in fact less safe. We had a long series of escalating terrorist attacks culminating in 9/11. Since then, we have not seen an increase in attacks, which is what being less safe would imply. There are simpy NOT more terrorist attacks today on US citizens than prior to 9/11 or Iraq.

dudejcb wrote:That would really piss 'em off.
I thought you were implying that we shouldn't piss them off because that makes us less safe.

I say inflame the hell out of them. While we are doing this, do the same to the Tora, Bible, Crucifix, ... Equal opportunity offensive behavior. I say we have a Quran, Bible, etc., piss-a-thon. Sort of like immersion therapy for crazy muslims. You don't see Catholics rioting or chopping off heads because some idiot put a crucifix in a jar of urine and called it art.

However, if you look at a lot of the behavior of the governments in Europe and a good chunk of the people in this country, they are sounding a clear message that violence works. There's a reason we don't close abortion clinics because some crazies kill doctors and bomb clinics. The same applies to the crazy muslims.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15788
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:15 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I would not want to be a CIA operative if Obama gets elected. He thinks very similarly to Jimmy Carter and I think he would hang them out to dry again..
Wait a minute! on the other thread it was said that Clinton stopped the CIA. (actually, it was the Frank Church Commission that looked into CIA dirtywork and established that what we were doing in central America and Iran was less than honorable.)

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:I think most at DHC are aware that I have made the point repeatedly that the way we handled Saddam and Iraq was a huge mistake on several levels; that it made us less safe, and that while not not all muslims are crazy, Iraq and other things (like silly cartoons) have inflamed the simple minded Islamo fundamentalist population worldwide... not helpful.
I've heard this assertion repeated often, but where is the proof that the citizens of the United States are in fact less safe. We had a long series of escalating terrorist attacks culminating in 9/11. Since then, we have not seen an increase in attacks, which is what being less safe would imply. There are simpy NOT more terrorist attacks today on US citizens than prior to 9/11 or Iraq.
simpy the attacks have taken place abroad... but Americans are still getting killed. albeit Americans in uniform.

You can't really prove a negative now can you. It's an impossibility. but by the same token you cannot prove we're safer... these jihadi's are patient, unlike most of us duck hunters who, when there's a lull in the action go out and begin to rearrange the decoys just in time to flare a flock that had their wings cupped.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:32 pm

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:I would not want to be a CIA operative if Obama gets elected. He thinks very similarly to Jimmy Carter and I think he would hang them out to dry again..
Wait a minute! on the other thread it was said that Clinton stopped the CIA. (actually, it was the Frank Church Commission that looked into CIA dirtywork and established that what we were doing in central America and Iran was less than honorable.)
I never said Clinton. Clinton did some stupid things that hindered the effectiveness of the CIA, but he was nothing like Jimmy Carter or Barak Obama on this kind of issue. Clinton used the military all over the place with U.N. approval. Clinton's big flaw in this area was that he was a coward. He really did not want to take responsibility if things went bad. He retreated from Somalia, which is a situation he inherited. This sort of conflicting attitude led to high-altitude bombing and cruise missiles and places like Haiti with very low risk.

Reading Obama's book, listening to what he says, and everything else leads me to believe that he views the world and would act in a manner very similar to Carter. Clinton was far better than Carter and I believe Obama will be in this specific area.


dudejcb wrote:You can't really prove a negative now can you.
So your assertion that we are a greater risk is an unprovable assertion that is impervious to facts. If reduced attacks don't suggest we are at lower risk, then when the next big attack happens, you cannot claim it is proof that we are at a greater risk. I know you'd like to have it both ways, but I'm not the one that claimed that we are at lower risk. You just can't say for sure, but you know Bush hasn't done anything right.

I am shocked that there has not been another major attack in the U.S. Does this prove Bush has done a great job in preventing this? I know your answer. However, it is more likely that he has in fact done something that made this happen when everybody expected more attacks on U.S. soil. Maybe the risk was never there like the WMDs.

Maybe they are just waiting. I can't dream up a plausible reason that waiting would be in their strategic interest. Wait until Bush is out of office so we get somebody in that won't fight back? I don't know what goes through their mind. My preference is a bullet.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15788
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sharris and 9 guests