Death to baby rapers

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

What should happen to baby rapers?

Therapy
1%
Short jail term
1%
Life sentence
7%
Death sentence
20%
A painfully horrible, merciless death.
70%

Total votes : 74

Postby dudejcb » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm

I agree with the "death and pain" notion in theoretical terms... that anyone who does such terrible things really does seserve his just and painful reward... but as with the death penalty in general, while the notion of justice is fine, we seem to stumble when it comes to putting the sentence on the right person.

So, I support the death and pain and suffering notion for guilty parties, but have almost no faith in our law enforcement, prosecutory, and judicial system to actually nail the right guy. So all bets are off.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:13 am

Typical progressive BS. I'm theoretically for the death penalty, but in reality I'm going to make excuses. I guess being theoretically in favor of the death penalty is a tough-on-crime progressive versus those that are theoretically opposed as well :no: :no: :no:

I have absolutely no doubt that innocent people will be executed. I also have no doubt that innocent people will die because we do not execute people. No system is perfect and innocent people will die. We should error strongly on the side of setting guilty people free (regardless of the crime) to avoid putting too many innocent people in jail. Progressives always demand things they do not agree with be perfect, but almost everything they support has huge gaping flaws that only an idiot could miss. I know. Your intentions are good and mine are just greedy, heartless, blah, blah, blah.

It's not conservatives that are setting baby-rapers free to rape more babies after they have been convicted beyond even the progressive's definition of a shadow of a doubt. So what if more children will be raped, they care more than the conservatives do. The progressives are more enlightened and so open-minded that their brains have completely fallen out and live in a theoretical world that has absolutely no practical value or use in the real world. I just wish they only voted in the fantasy world that they live in.

And your practical concerns are only a problem with the death penalty? I agree there is a lot of problems in the criminal justice system. Let's fix the problems. This is why I get so pissed of about Clinton's wrist slap for perjury. This undermined the whole damn justice system and should have been punished harshly because as you point out we absolutely have to have faith in the justice system. When you had your chance to stand up to improve the justice system, you took partisanship over what is right. Hard-nosed prosecuters are a good thing, but political motivated prosecuters like the Duke rape case, the whole OJ fiasco (I think he was guilty, but everybody was playing to the cameras), the indictment of Tom Delay, the Valerie Plame investigation (they knew on day 1 who leaked her name, why wasn't it case closed. Answer: every high profile case must have somebody get indicted, which is complete bullshit), everybody lying in custody hearings, divorce proceedings, slip and fall lawsuits, ... These people need to be punished harshly, fired, or voted out of office. Everybody thinks they can cheat a little if it helps themselves out, but don't think it will come back to bite them in the ass.

Zero tolerance for politics and lies in the criminal justice system and if you do the crime, we are going to nail your ass to the wall if we can prove what you did. There are many other things that should be changed, but there are fixes to them, but then the progressives couldn't be theoritically tough and practically a pansy.

Besides, do you think you have a better chance of getting out of jail if you are truly wrongly accused, convicted, and sentenced to death, life without parole, or some very long sentence? I truly believe your best hope of getting out of jail, and especially before you are a very old man, is if you are sentenced to death. You will have a fleet of ant-death penalty lawyers looking to make a name for themselves that will jump on your case if there are any indications of problems or if you just are able to gin up some good PR like writing a child's book or finding God.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:33 am

What did we have here in Illinois something like half of those on death row were inocent? I can't remember. Anyway, I am all for the death penalty, we just need a better legal system. One that holds accountable the actual person that brings charges up against a citizen.

Right now if murder a police officer you get a much larger punishment that if you murdered a everyday normal citizen. The reverse should be put into place. If a police officer commits a crime they should have the book thrown at them. Same goes for all memebers of the legal system, elected or appointed.

There should be more of an evaluation done in reguards to job performance for district and states attorneys. Something that goes from top down. Prosecuting Attorneys to the street cop that does the arresting. From merrit raises for outstanding job performances to actual jail time for corruption.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 am

It was not 1/2 were innocent.

The Governor commuted all death row inmates and the vast majority of them were never released from jail and are now serving life. They were not innocent.

There's innocent and then there's guilty, but not proven guilty.

If I remember there were a couple that were truly innocent. There were others that you couldn't say one way or the other, and therefore should have never been prosecuted in the first place, but were convicted. The Governor was trying to get some good PR by pandering to his future jury pool and some of the "innocent" were also probably guilty, but still made good PR to release them. It was a mixed bag, but a few definitly were 100% innocent. However, per my point above, if they had been only given life sentences, there would have been no PR benefit for the Governor pardoning them and they probably would still be rotting in jail.

I'm all for giving the cops the benefit of the doubt and looking the other way when they make honest mistakes, or are overly aggressive, but when they intentionally commit a serious crime, they need to be punished harshly.

Otherwise, I agree 100% that police, lawyers, judges, public officials, and politicians should be given harsher punishments than the average Joe.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:33 am

Someone does that to either of my boys, they better hope the cops find them before i do. I would have no seconds thought about first castrating them before I slowly end their life, and I will spend the rest of my life in prison knowing that my children are safe, and that person wont do that to another child.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Maybe this should be a new topic, but isn't it better to be around for your children instead of in jail? I know I would feel better exacting revenge, but is'nt it better to raise your child rather than being in jail? I feel the same way most of you guys do, I want these bastards strung up. But we need to be smart about it.
jaysweet3
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum