Open Carry

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby AWOTIS » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:05 pm

"pearl hand grips on a matte black Kimber for contrast"

sorry but that's just asking for trouble. if your going to carry the object is not to draw attention to your weapon. people probably thought you were a cop and that can get you or your family shot by a gang member or other cop hating moron.

personally i think your just looking for trouble and an excuse to use your gun. :thumbsdown:
HAVE FUN TAKE A KID WITH YOU
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:12 pm

AWOTIS wrote:personally i think your just looking for trouble and an excuse to use your gun. :thumbsdown:

and i support your right to do so :biggrin:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:13 pm

AWOTIS wrote:"pearl hand grips on a matte black Kimber for contrast"

sorry but that's just asking for trouble. if your going to carry the object is not to draw attention to your weapon. people probably thought you were a cop and that can get you or your family shot by a gang member or other cop hating moron.

personally i think your just looking for trouble and an excuse to use your gun. :thumbsdown:

Thats the problem with the country today. People think because your carrying you must be looking for trouble. It use to be that youd see people every where with a pistol when I was younger and then they slowly petered away to nothing. I support don 100 percent and will hope every other gun owning citizen would. Its not gonna do you any good in the truck should your life be threatened away from it.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Last edited by LaRedneck on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LaRedneck » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:02 pm

I can't believe that half the people on this site are either scared to OC or won't because it would bring to much trouble, well there you go that's the problem with today's world. To many people either don't exercise there rights as citizens or just merely give them away. Look at this quote people: "A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost" taken form this site http://opencarry.org/ and read the forum http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/ learn something useful for a change.

So your telling me that even if you had the right to do something such as OC in your state that you wouldn't? If you new ahead of time that carrying a weapon on you would save your life or someone else's would you?

I have visited that forum several time being in the military, since I not only travel a lot but move a lot too. So I as citizen of The United States of America need to know my rights. That's included being able to carry a weapon. I currently live Alaska where it is legal to OC. Now I don't just OC because I'm paranoid that someone is going to attack me or my family but you better be damned sure I've one in the truck not far away. I have always carried while hunting fishing or on trips and I don't leave the gun in the truck if I'm going in to piss or pay for gas. And trouble is what your saying where after, how in the hell is it trouble if its our RIGHTS to OC. So first all read your laws and learn what you can and can't do before come on here and talking about something that you know nothing about. Such as carrying in a place that serve alcohol. Most states allow the carry of a gun just can't be loaded. OK I'm done.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Looking for trouble? I'm not even entertaining that idea. I have two little girls. My mission is to get back to them everyday. You go play crimestoppers, not me.

My idea is that maybe someone may rethink the situation before they act. So yes, make my piece obvious. I also have several rigs to carry and the Kimber is the nicest and the hardest to conceal. Its a Pro Carry .45 Perfect opportunity to carry it. I didn't put those grips on there 2 years ago with this day in mind.

If I had it hidden under my shirt, would that magic cloth make you feel safer? Of course not.

If every other person who carried did it openly, would you? This is a growing trend. I'm just in on the ground floor. Join me.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:02 pm

I am all for it and encourage you Don. While I was in College in Arizona, I did the open carry. I also wore my pistol while I worked the night shift at a convience store. Like I said earlier, it is tough living in Illinois right now. The left is definately against us.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:15 pm

my dad just got his concealed weapons permit and loves it. its a helpful course and you dont have to openly carry your weapon.
i dont think there's any thing wrong with it but it makes some people uneasy.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 pm

don wrote:Join me

I will, here in about a year and a half, counting the days until 21. I'm torn between the good old 1911 and a Sig P220.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HotDog » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:20 am

I have the right to openly carry, just like I have the right to eat tofu for breakfast.
I choose to not excersize either right, and I don't think either is in jeopardy.
I do, however, elect to carry concealed. While my weapon is close to hand, nobody knows it and they happily move on with their lives.

Open carry will alarm a lot of nice people. If enough of them get together they CAN push for a law banning it.
So, does excersizing your rights, or not, contribute to the loss of them?
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:49 am

those folks who are alarmed at the sight of a gun are the ones already trying to "free" us of them. also, the more the public see's openly carried guns, the better, because people get used to things they see every day. i hope that when/if those folks ever get in a sticky situation, the man with the handgun is there to solve the problem. they may never be for carrying weapons, but it would sure quiet them down if it saved their top knot... :smile:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby wackemstackem » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:52 am

If you need to OC your weapon then its a good chance said weapon is just a phallic symbol to make up for a short penis. :rofl: :rofl:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby jehler » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:03 am

wackemstackem wrote:If you need to OC your weapon then its a good chance said weapon is just a phallic symbol to make up for a short penis. :rofl: :rofl:
wackem, is that why I'm always feeling the urge to walk down the street with a bazooka? :huh:
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:02 am

when i turn 21 i will be openly carrying a longbarreled revolver, i'm thinking a Colt Buntline in .45 if i can find one.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby vanchesterfield » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:45 am

I've had my CCW in Mi for almost 3 years now and have entertained the thought of an OC. I can imagine that there would be some fuss made if the wrong uneducated person saw the pistol. I've seen several others carrying open and figured them to be cops or the like.

As far as in MI the law for carrying in a place that serves alcohol is that no more than 50% of their revenue cannot come from liquor sales. So going to you local Outback or Fancy $400 restaurant is ok for carry. No such luck in a bar.

Also I've carried into my bank. I figure that the branch that I've gone to has been robbed twice in the same year my odds of encountering a bad guy are pretty good.

Just my two cents
vanchesterfield
hunter

Postby rmh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:57 am

I was just at a friend's house showing him my new 16 ga. I walked out of the house to my truck and a lady walking a hundred feet away yelled, "he's got a gun".
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:58 am

rmh wrote:I was just at a friend's house showing him my new 16 ga. I walked out of the house to my truck and a lady walking a hundred feet away yelled, "he's got a gun".

did she run or call the cops?
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:14 am

reading more about the backlash toward those who open carry, you get the feeling that the right to carry and even to own guns is really being silently eroded. the way these police officers are abusing the public trust in order to disarm is pretty terrible. i am going to keep reading and researching until im confident in the rules of open carry, and from then on, ill be carrying whenever practical.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby rmh » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:23 am

idahofowler wrote:
rmh wrote:I was just at a friend's house showing him my new 16 ga. I walked out of the house to my truck and a lady walking a hundred feet away yelled, "he's got a gun".

did she run or call the cops?

Neither. She had a couple of little kids with her who ran about about 1/2 way towards me and asked what kind of gun it was. She then just stood there. I am expecting a visit from a deputy since my truck tag is a DU one and there are only two in town (my kid has the other one). Or not, since our Deps all know me.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:43 am

You should have let them hold the gun. At least they could get some education on firearms that way, and maybe not be liberals shouting about gun control.
Last edited by Preacher1011 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 am

jehler wrote:
wackemstackem wrote:If you need to OC your weapon then its a good chance said weapon is just a phallic symbol to make up for a short penis. :rofl: :rofl:
wackem, is that why I'm always feeling the urge to walk down the street with a bazooka? :huh:

No jehler, but it is why I drive a tank down the street.

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AWOTIS » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:00 pm

i can see by the responses that you think im against open carry, im not im in law enforcement and i see people all the time who are toting guns just to make them seem like big shot bad boys, and make people think they are cops. and with the cop hatred out there today i just dont think its a good idea to open carry with a flashy gun "white grips for contrast"..

open carry is a good idea but their needs to be some common senses used also. not just doing it because you can. just remember if the bad man see's your gun hes going to shoot first then rob you not rob you and then get shot by you.
HAVE FUN TAKE A KID WITH YOU
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:51 pm

AWOTIS wrote: just remember if the bad man see's your gun hes going to shoot first then rob you, not rob you and then get shot by you.

not if i can draw faster than him.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby LIGHT12 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:55 pm

I have openly carried before, have not problem with it here. My friend does it just to annoy people, and educate some. He has told me as much. He has some interesting conversations at the Grocery Story.

But it is Arizona, where things are a bit easier at times. Its getting worse here every year. To many Caifornians and And other libs moving to town. But things are still better than most states. I've been to lazy to get my CCW, when i was interested in it I was to busy to take the 2 day course. not it is a one day so I may get it. If no other reason than to save time buying guns. They see it record it and your done. No time spent filling out a form to have called in.

Be safe everyone.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:40 pm

i am sure that at one point, you'll have some ignorant people cause you some hassle. now if i seen someone carrying openly i would think of them as that person who drives the tank down the road, or in other words, trying to be a hardass. im not saying that is you and i dont know your lifestyle, so open carry may be appropriate for you. i think i would prefer conceal. one reason goes along with what AWOTIS said, the criminal might just shoot you before the crime when they see your gun, but if carrying concealed, he may try to do whatever crime and you can pull your weapon without him knowing
mydogearl
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum