The New Dollar Coin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

The New Dollar Coin

Postby orangefoot » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Dont use these coins. Wish i had a pic but i dont. Has anyone else heard this? They dont say "In God We Trust" on them. Refuse to use them.
"Grind Em"
orangefoot
hunter

Postby bluewing77 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:17 pm

what the hell does your, my, everyone else's money and God have to do with one another. how about in OIL we trust, or in DUCKS we trust. or better yet IN THE UNCERTAINTY OF OUR ECONOMIC FUTURE WE TRUST. it all spends the same, and these days it doesnt go nearly far enough. if the US Mint would start issue-ing $$$ with hot naked chicks now that would be something to talk about.
bluewing77
hunter

Postby hillman raider » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:33 pm

What is our country becoming :no: :no: :no:
hillman raider
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Did you do any research before you started a hornets nest :no: snopes says for full of crap :thumbsdown:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby LIGHT12 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:27 am

So no one had to read the snopes post. They say In God we Trust on the edge of the coin. Then went back to a style of coin from the early 1800's. Ver cool if it was not for the fact that their quality sucks. Many were produced with no lettering on the edge. which sold for big money on ebay. some were made with a double stamp sold well. I had one that said in God Owe Trust, got $60 on ebay for it. All i did was get it in a $20 roll from the bank.

There is some cool history in coins. I collected coins before I started on my current obsession duck calls. I'm not sure if the switch was good. Atleast most of the duck calls i get have not gone up in price the past couple years. The silver I was buying for $4.50 an ounce is now $17.00+ an ounce and I won't even talk about the gold. I wish I had taken a friends advice and bought gold before 9/11 it was 260 an ounce, around 900 now.
Have you ever woke up one day and said. Damn when does the season start.
LIGHT12
hunter

Postby David » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:02 am

I've locked it as it's misinformation. Please check the snopes link above.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Return to Controversial Issues Forum