pretty quiet in here as of late

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

pretty quiet in here as of late

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:07 am

We need a Liberal to post something so the %70 of us that are more conservative can jump down their throats.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:18 am

:lol: thats about right.

here's one to start with,

why cant we have a candidate with a backbone?

i wouldnt care whether they were dem or rep. i'd vote for them. just as long as they stood behind their word! i'm finding difficult to even follow these guys because they "change" their beliefs, morals, ideas, etc. everyother day.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby gsurko » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 am

Greenhead Grappler wrote::lol: thats about right.

here's one to start with,

why cant we have a candidate with a backbone?

i wouldnt care whether they were dem or rep. i'd vote for them. just as long as they stood behind their word! i'm finding difficult to even follow these guys because they "change" their beliefs, morals, ideas, etc. everyother day.

I would like to have a viable third or fourth candidate to pick from. We need our country back from the sniveling masses that the current crop of politicians cater to.
gsurko
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm not a big McCain fan. I think I'm going to take this approach. http://getdrunkandvote4mccain.com/ :smile:

However, what has McCain changed his belief on?

Obama has made big changes. I'm so opposed to this I'm going to lead the filibuster. On second thought, never mind. It's not that bad.

The one criticism I hear of McCain is that he was against the tax cuts and now he is opposed to tax increases. This is not a flip-flop. My understanding is that McCain has always been against tax increases. He lost the argument on reducing tax rates, so now he is supposed to be for tax increases during an economic slow down. And somehow, if he is not now for tax increases, that is a flip flop :huh: :no: Beside, how f'ing stupid do you have to be to support tax increases, especially during a slowdown in the economy.

Oh yeah, only in the progressive world is raising tax rates not a tax increase. This is just more progressives double talk to justify their tax increase at every turn mentality. The BS explanation always changes, but somehow they always support the exact same thing. More government control via all mean possible whether it's higher tax rates or more regulation.

We don't need any third or fourth party candidates. We simply need term limits from President to local dog catcher. Career politicians are the source of virtually everything that is wrong with government.

Look at both Presidential candidates.

Obama has never had anything resembling a real career. He even chose a whack-job church to advance his political career. He got in bed with all kinds of sleaze to advance through the corrupt Chicago political machine. He wrote two books purposefully to advance his career. He is still a relatively young man and doesn't know who the hell he is because he has been a phony politician for nearly his entire adult life and had/has an identity crisis because he was a black guy raised by a liberal white mother during his youth. This is not a man fit to be President.

McCain had a real career before enterring politics. However, his second career in politics has been focussed on self promotion and advancement. It's why he comes up with these stupid incumbent protection laws like McCain/Feingold and his amnesty for illegals nonsense. He knows the military very well, but outside of that he has no experience outside of government and his cluelessness shows. Not a prime candidate for President, but a million times better than the alternative. That's why I think he is the only rational choice, so I'm sure you will all vote for him on election day Image

I like politics. This campaign season is going to be incredibly painful with dumb and dumber running for President.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:01 pm

I think a constitutional amendment needs to be passed that places a spot for "none of the above" on every ballot. If that space wins the popular vote we'd shoot the 2 current nominees in the head and start over.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 pm

However, what has McCain changed his belief on?

im just tired of candidates who denounce preachers and deny ever saying things and all that crap. i saw where McCain did it again this morning!

stop trying kiss left wing butt.
but im sure i'll vote for him anyway b/c he's still a notch above osama :yes:
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 pm

apexhunter wrote:I think a constitutional amendment needs to be passed that places a spot for "none of the above" on every ballot. If that space wins the popular vote we'd shoot the 2 current nominees in the head and start over.

:lol: couldn't have said it better myself.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:57 pm

instead of shooting them, we should just leave that office empty for the term. i bet alot of offices would be empty once everyone see's how much better things go without them...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Re: pretty quiet in here as of late

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:38 am

jaysweet3 wrote:We need a Liberal to post something so the %70 of us that are more conservative can jump down their throats.

HMMMMMMMM why won't liberal people post on DHC. well I think you asnwered that for yourself now didn't you. YOu guys can gather here and complain amongest yourselves. They should change thename of this forum to the conservative whiners forum. Now that forum would blow up come Nov.

Maybe you should go find another forum where you can engage in discussion with liberals.
Brass Monkey
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:58 am

Brass Monkey wrote:Maybe you should go find another forum where you can engage in discussion with liberals.
Liberals/progressives don't discuss. They make pronouncements from on high. They don't need to discuss and debate because they think they know everything for everybody and the minions are too stupid to feed themselves, cloth themselves, raise their children, protect themselves, etc.

That's why liberals/progressives fail at talk radio and don't get involved in debates on forums like this because they can't defend their beliefs with facts. It's 100% emotion and name calling and a belief that they are the only ones on the planet that care. It's all BS, but no facts will ever change their elevated view of themselves and their importance.

Everything Obama proposes is based on the formula that he knows what is best for everyone on the planet, people can't take care of it themselves or they are too stupid to realize it is important, therefore we need a huge federal program to take care of everything. However, since the people are too stupid to know what is good for them he must babble meaningless nonsense to hide the fact that he wants to expand the federal government with all of his liberal/progressive programs that are doomed to failure because people are going to scam the system and take every penny they can get and spend more time goofing off.

I find it funny that they think they are brilliant, but their programs always cost way more than they predict and never achieve the stated goals. To be a true liberal/progressive requires a complete disconnect with reality while developing all these wonderful ideas in a idealist theoretical progressive world that does not exist and never will exist.

Besides if you own a gun and hunt, you are generally too smart to really buy into the liberal/progressive insanity. I think 70% is way too low. It's probably 90 to 95% are not liberal or progressive. Even those that vote Democrat don't buy into the majority of the nonsense that comes from your leadership, even though you support them :huh:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:48 am

Brass Monkey wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:We need a Liberal to post something so the %70 of us that are more conservative can jump down their throats.

HMMMMMMMM why won't liberal people post on DHC. well I think you asnwered that for yourself now didn't you. YOu guys can gather here and complain amongest yourselves. They should change thename of this forum to the conservative whiners forum. Now that forum would blow up come Nov.

Maybe you should go find another forum where you can engage in discussion with liberals.

Nice Post. Condecending, pointless, and a touch of eliteism, yep, spotted the libby.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:07 am

Yeah you guys are right(really). I'm an elitist. I'm here for the beating so go on, please proceed. Type away your comments and responses fall on deaf ears(elite ears I must add). I guess you will have to get used to it. YOu got eight years of it coming. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Brass Monkey
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 am

Why do you want Obama? What policies of his do you support? What do you oppose? Let's get into specifics because I can go point by point and tell you why they will fail.

Of course, you don't care. You just want to win.

Higher taxe rates slow the economy. Just what we need during an economic slow down.

Reduced profits for investing in the U.S. will drive investment elsewhere. The low U.S. dollar will help make the increased capital gains rate less destructive.

Less profitability for U.S. oil companies will put upward pressure on oil prices and give an even larger competitive advantage to foreign oil producers. Higher gasoline prices and more imports. :thumbsup:

He's proposing expansion of the peace corp and other federal pseudowelfare programs for rich kids and other loafers to get a good income while they get a paid vacation where the make themselves feel good while they accomplish nothing of substance compared to the huge amount of money spent.

There are many others. Which ones do you think are the reason we should elect Obama not once, but twice?

Of course, if Obama is elected, he will NOT surrender in Iraq, he will not expand taxes or government spending any where near what he promises. He will rely on the grownups in Congress to stop all this nonsense so he can claim all his proposals would have saved the world if it just wasn't for the evil Republicans trying to starve the old and destroy the world.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:29 am

Yup you are right. .............. Was that response elitist enough?

I have my reasons for voting for Obama, and they are non of your business. (ooooooooooooo, that was very elitist)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Brass Monkey
hunter

Postby Barak Obama » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 am

Brass monkey,

Thank you. You will be handsomely rewarded for you obedience. I plan on taxing the hell out of the public to make way for thousands of new federal jobs. Yours will be waiting...

To all the rest of ya'll Playa Haters, STEP OFF!
Can't nobody hold me down!
Barak Obama
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 am

Now there's two of us here Jaysweet. were you at?
Brass Monkey
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am

Brass Monkey wrote:I have my reasons for voting for Obama, and they are non of your business. (ooooooooooooo, that was very elitist)
I don't think it is elitist. My guess it is just selfish or childish. Otherwise you would share them if they were actually good legitimate reasons for voting for a man to be President. Why wouldn't you want to try and persuade everybody to vote for the guy you believe is the best choice for the country? I know I'm going to do all I can.

The whole goal here is to make the best choice for the country. That only happens if we debate the issues. There are no issues that I won't debate because if I'm right I want everybody else to agree with me and if I'm wrong then I want to know that I am wrong and change my position.

Of course the messiah knows that he is write and doesn't need to debate. What would be the point? :no:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:31 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
The whole goal here is to make the best choice for the country.

Yes you are right. HOwever I don't need to debate with you or the other 70% of conservatives here at DHC to do that..... DO I?

I understand what your trying to do here spinner, its called baiting. Basically what this thread is. Call me childish or selfish, I really don't care what you call me. You want me to respond to your questions so every one of your bandwagoners for the old guy can jump all over me about it. been slow over here as stated in Jaysweets post. I'm not gonna give you any food for thought other than Sorry your screwed for the next eight years and you seem to know it, because you and alll the other conservatives can't seem to quit complaining about Obama. Get used to it, I had to back when the supreme idiot took office, only difference is I never cried about it, just accepted it. You(and your fellow republicans) will have to do the same. Funny thing is that if Obama does fix the economy, end the war, start an energy policy that will ween us off our dependece of foriegn oil, and find alternative forms of energy, you'd(and the rest) still be crying and moaning. Justs not happy unless your unhappy. Simple :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Brass Monkey
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 pm

I see so many people that vote just along party lines because that is just what the are. " I am a Republican" or "I am a Democrat". I have made the jump back and forth during my short presidential voting career several times.

My first presidential election I voted for H. who lost to Clinton. Then I went off to college and became a hippie type followed the Dead. My girlfriend at the time converted me to liberalism. After college I voted for Gore. When W. won I thought it was the end of the world.

After living in Chicago for close to ten years, the Democratic machine op end my eyes to what I do not like about the "Progressive" party. Who knows where the future will take me and my voting philosophies, but current positioning is showing us a few things.

The Federal government is the largest single entity in this country. They are the largest land owner, the largest renter, the largest land lord and the largest tenant. They use the most resources and create the most pollution. Making government bigger is not out answer.

What this country needs is less government intrusion and more entrepreneurialism. Small businesses, that actually make and sell a good and or service. We need a government that encourages this type of activity. A government that is going to stimulate growth rather than redistribution.
Last edited by jaysweet3 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm

It amazes me that people are actually falling in line behind Osama Obama when the guy continues to prove, on a daily basis just how big an idiot he really is.

First off, the guy has what, 140 some odd days of true, on the job "EXPERIENCE" as a senator...then has the gall to assume the nation thinks that is enough to elect him President.

Secondly- how many times does he have to prove his lack of basic knowledge and military capability (in this case ineptitude) before the whistle is truely blown? Just the other day when explaining his "Iraq policy" he said he would gather his Joint Chiefs of Staff and instruct them to work out the details of exiting the theater within the year. Hey stupid, the Joint Chiefs of Staff have NOTHING to do with military operational control...they are simply a liason between military and Government officials. The Generals in the pentagon and in Iraq would be the ones to devise and implement his operational wishes.

Plus he needs to realize that, God forbid he does win the election, he doesn't need to keep apologizing to the military...he will be the Commander in Chief of ALL of the military. By constantly apologizing to the he's actually showing his hand and demonstrating his lack of knowledge and inability to lead.

That said, I'm not a huge McCain fan, but he does have some things on his side that many people (all to the left) are simply choosing to ignore: 1) He has 20+ years experience on the Senate (yes Obama- that's 20+ YEARS versus your 140+/- DAYS) 2) He served in the military and has firsthand experience of what it means to go into war as well as the ramifications of a weak White House in those times. Plus, McCain does not have the questionable background, religious connections and uncertain hidden agenda that Obama has.

On top of it all, McCain does and will respect the Seal of the President and won't deface it to the point that it now looks eerily similar to Hitler's infamous bird symbol.
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Willie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:09 am

Agree w/Apex. We're in for some deep crap if Obama manages to win.

And Jesse Jackson cracked me up this morning...anybody see the clip of him on the news?
Willie
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:30 am

Brass Monkey wrote:I understand what your trying to do here spinner, its called baiting.
Just pointing out that there is absolutely no substance to Obama's campaign. At least you are smart enough to know it.

Brass Monkey wrote:I'm not gonna give you any food for thought other than Sorry your screwed for the next eight years and you seem to know it
If I'm screwed than everybody is screwed. At least you know that we are all screwed if Obama get's elected. Yet you still plan to vote for him. I just don't get it. You are happy to screw the country just so you can win or get even or whatever your reason.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 am

That takes me back to my last post Spinner. It has to be that the only reason they are sticking with that horse is that they just vote along party lines. I can see no other reason to vote for Obama.

It seems that the few of us here on DHC have run off some of the resident Dems that are sticking with Obama. Time and time again we have shot down all of his platform points. To the point of exposing just how scary and what a colossall blunder it would be to elect him. But the dems just can't seem to face reality.

Once again throw out some buzz words and have good speech writers that can verbally dance, and you may have a shot at becomming the POTUS. Change, change, change, not Bush change. Yup, that sounds like a quallified canadate.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:37 am

Willie wrote:Agree w/Apex. We're in for some deep crap if Obama manages to win.

And Jesse Jackson cracked me up this morning...anybody see the clip of him on the news?

I did see that and it was the most ridiculous thing.
First of all who is Jesse Jackson? A radical that runs his mouth a lot? Its obvious what he really thinks of obama now even if he apoligized, he's probably threatened because he finally met someone as radical as he is. :hammer:
If Obama stops his "tough love" approach to minorities it will ruin his campaign.
if he has this much trouble now there's no telling what we're in for if he gets into office? he will have denounced every preacher and official in America by that time! :rofl:
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby devildog28 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:15 am

I would like to add a little thought. I love this country of ours even more after fighting for it, though it caused me to be permanently disabled.

I think our system of democracy is the best, but I will say that we all will be royaly F#$%ed if Osama gets elected president. To me he's just another black man that wants to pull some reverse racism and stick it to all the evil rich white folk. Why else would he have a platform to take money from the "rich" and give it to the N@#$er that sits around all day and does nothing. It's almost like saying that if someone busts their ass to get ahead they should get punished. That breeds socialism because no one wants to work to get ahead if they just get punished for it!

Brass Monkey defines all liberals with his posts. A bunch of insulting, and praising of a candidate with no substance. Sure you might want to keep your reasons secret, but that just further reveals you have no good reasons. And don't come back with that baiting BS, that's just another attempt to push focus off of having to explain your so called "reasons".

I would prefer to have someone that has had his boots in the dirt somewhere with our military to understand what a major decision it is to deploy them or not deploy them. Who gives a damn if the war they fought in was not popular, they signed up to trust our gevernment. They didn't make a moral decision to go to certain places. And trust me when bullets are flying all politics goes out the window!

I know some people that are voting for him just because he's black like them. I've asked them what his stances are and hardly any can tell me a single thing!

McCain can have my hard earned vote anyday!
devildog28
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum