how bout this for a leader?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

how bout this for a leader?

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:19 am

America Needs A Leader Like This!
Image



Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.



Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:


'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'



'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'



'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'



'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'



'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'



'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage

you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE '.


'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to

come here.

YOU asked to be here. So ACCEPT the country YOU accepted.'


Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.


If you agree please SEND THIS ON[/img]
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA


Postby jrockncash » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 am

I smell Snopes coming and a comment about guns in Australia.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 am

well that's not the point. Its not even necessarily the ideas shown here its just the fact that he stands behind his countries morals. and he's willing to accept your rights, but not change existing freedoms to fit others.

its not talking about guns or coins, in fact, the people who would mention either here would be off topic.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Postby Greenhead329 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:57 am

I agree 100%...wish it was still like that here...our country can learn a thing or two from this guy. :thumbsup:
Whoever says you can't buy happiness has obviously never owned a lab

?Dos Juevos???... Dos Juevos
Greenhead329
hunter
 
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Heart of Dixie

Postby shoot-n-goose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 am

Now why cant we have a guy like that running for president. I know i would vote for him, and just about everyone i know
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
User avatar
shoot-n-goose
hunter
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Oakland County, Michigan

Postby David » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:32 pm

This is true, but trust me guys, he is not a person you would want to vote for.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby duckbuster06 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Ditto. Pick and choose all the quotes you want, but you have to look at the whole picture. :no:
User avatar
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 1688
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:33 pm
Location: Western KY

Postby swampwise » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53 pm

i think i might move to australia now.
assateague wrote:
Indawoods wrote:I had a great, great aunt born with a vestigial tail. :lol3:


That was your great, great uncle. Tell him to turn around.
User avatar
swampwise
hunter
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 1:09 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Postby jrockncash » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 pm

I like guns and coins.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 pm

I hate the PC crap that is ruining America.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
User avatar
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:58 am
Location: "Buzz" at 8 months . Land of 10K polluted lakes

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 am

David wrote:This is true, but trust me guys, he is not a person you would want to vote for.


really? why? i kinda liken him to an australian Newt G....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby David » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:53 am

pennsyltucky wrote:really? why? i kinda liken him to an australian Newt G....



As the Australian Constitution required each Australian State and Territory to enact gun laws, Prime Minister John Howard, then newly elected, took existing gun reform proposals (drafted by Police Ministers meetings since the report of the 1988 National Committee on Violence [10]) to enact much tighter firearm controls. Public feeling after the Port Arthur shootings overwhelmed the opposition from gun owners' organisations and sweeping changes were enacted in all states. This included mandatory gun licences, registration of all firearms, and a near-complete ban on all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, and all pump-action shotguns. Some farmers and professional cullers could own certain semi-automatic rifles and shotguns but most licenced firearm owners (including international sports shooters) were banned from legally acquiring and owning these firearms for recreational target shooting and hunting.

There was a heated public debate, between those who believed guns should be removed, and those who believed the proposed laws would be ineffective and overly restrictive for the legal firearm owners affected by the ban. The governments of two states, Tasmania and Queensland, objected to some of the changes, causing John Howard to threaten them with a constitutional referendum to transfer power over gun laws to the federal government. The Federal Government also threatened to cut off federal funding to the states and territories and retract its offer to help the states extinguish Native Title claims if they didn't support the proposed laws. Opinion polls taken at the time indicated support for even more gun restrictions. Faced with the force of public opinion which could have carried the referendum, the two objecting states were forced to agree without any compromises or concessions to the new laws, which were duly enacted.

In one interview on Sydney radio station 2GB he said "we will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns... ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"

Still want him?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Brass Monkey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:32 am

swampwise wrote:i think i might move to australia now.


I think you should too.
Brass Monkey
hunter
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:24 am

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:17 pm

i just wanted to hear why he was bad. thanks :smile:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby solway gunner » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

i see the union jack flag in the background,it may as well be planted up an eskimos a*s in the north pole as far as the uk is concerned-the doormat of europe-take a listen at what that mans just said and feel embarrased..no wonder they want nowt to do with us brits,maybey thats why brits are emmigrating there enmasse
the australian navy in a mtb boat were gonna riddle a boat full of chinese illegals with twin .50s if they stayed into australian water,saw it on the main news 3year ago.fantastic.,great attitude,defend your borders,no cold callers or be dealt with, thank you.
solway gunner
hunter
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:50 am
Location: scotland uk

Postby fenton_3 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:43 pm

Amen - this man would get my vote 100%
fenton_3
hunter
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby David » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:02 pm

fenton_3 wrote:Amen - this man would get my vote 100%


So after reading how he stands on other issues posted on this thread you would still back him 100%? You're for no weapons for citizens?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby fenton_3 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:19 pm

Well, no I did not read all the other post - just the first post. I would support a president who said those words. Now gun control is another issue.
fenton_3
hunter
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:42 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Greenhead Grappler wrote:
its not talking about guns or coins, in fact, the people who would mention either here would be off topic.


david :huh:

we all know they've outlawed guns. the point was he's standing up for the country's ideas and beliefs. I guessed i should have named it "how about this attitude in a leader"

difference is if people came into that country wanting guns to to legal again then it would not happen.
here, if enough people came outraged that we have guns, they could very well be outlawed. funny how the leaders of the world's "strongest" country are weak.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Postby David » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm

My first post in this thread mentioned nothing of gun control, just that most here would not want him for president. Not until I was asked what was not to like about him did I elaborate.

My main reason for bringing it up was to show others that just because someone says a few words, doesn't mean that they would make a good leader. You need to look past the words and to their actions. I'm sure I could fine some good quotes from Hitler that many would agree with regarding immigration and more, but the difference was his actions.

And I am not trying to compare Hitler to PM Howard.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:09 pm

David wrote:My first post in this thread mentioned nothing of gun control, just that most here would not want him for president. Not until I was asked what was not to like about him did I elaborate.

My main reason for bringing it up was to show others that just because someone says a few words, doesn't mean that they would make a good leader. You need to look past the words and to their actions. I'm sure I could fine some good quotes from Hitler that many would agree with regarding immigration and more, but the difference was his actions.

And I am not trying to compare Hitler to PM Howard.


I do see your point.

and i know you're not trying to compare them, but hitler and the PM are way off. hitler murdered innocent people and was a powerful dictator. Howard is an elected official with 1 law americans dont agree with, which i'm still confused on, reading into it, it looks like you can still own and use guns. just not for the purposes of self-defense. now i do not agree but this still not taking all firearms. is this right?

The possession and use of firearms in Australia is governed by state laws which were partly aligned by the 1996 National Firearms Agreement (see below). Anyone wishing to buy, own, or use a firearm must have a Firearms Licence and be over the age of 18, although there are exceptions. In Queensland, unlicensed individuals may use firearms legally if the proper forms are filled out beforehand. Minors, with parental consent, can use, but not legally own, firearms under a minors' licence. Applicants for a firearms licence who wish to own a firearm must have a secure safe storage unit bolted to the wall or floor or if it is used only for the storage of category A, B and/or C firearms, it must weigh more than 150kg.

For every firearm, a purchaser must obtain a Permit To Acquire. The first permit for each person has a mandatory 28 day delay before it is issued. In some states, such as Queensland, this is waived for second and subsequent firearms of the same class, whilst in others, such as New South Wales, it is not. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defence is not accepted as a reason for issuing a licence.

Each firearm in Australia must be registered to the owner by serial number. Some states (eg QLD and NSW) allow an owner to store or borrow another owner's firearm of the same category; others (eg WA) do not.


im not an expert though so i dont know if its correct or not? and i dont know what you have to do to get a firearms license?

but i do know he did not do that on his own, australia does not have the firearm support that america has. it was something like 5% were against the gun restriction. 60% of americans are against restrictions.

However i did not know how supportive he was of this, that has changed my mind about him as well.
we will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns... ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia


that just pisses me off. :mad: so your right i do not want him, i would however like to instill his attitude in our current candidates.
again i was not supporting his ideas, but his attitude in which he stood behind them.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Postby David » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 pm

How about we say, here are some statements I would stand behind. I'll agree with that. :thumbsup:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:44 pm

David wrote:How about we say, here are some statements I would stand behind. I'll agree with that. :thumbsup:


:rofl: deal. the worms were starting to crawl out of that can.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Postby solway gunner » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:48 pm

waterfowling/huntings quite popular in australia and also new zealand ,they shoot black swans over there too.
solway gunner
hunter
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:50 am
Location: scotland uk

Postby David » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:01 pm

solway gunner wrote:waterfowling/huntings quite popular in australia and also new zealand ,they shoot black swans over there too.


I wouldn't call it popular in Au, and there was no season this year in Australia due to "drought."

NZ should not be confused Australia, the two countries have some very different views on hunting.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cluckmeister, Gunnysway and 8 guests