Check this out.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Check this out.

Postby carsonr2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:02 am

Read this Article.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/18/army.s ... index.html

What do y'all think?

Personally I think it is a good idea, and once again PETA is going overboard. Who can find the flip flop statement made by PETA in the article.
carsonr2
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:53 am

I have gone through "pig lab." It was the absolute best training I have ever received. The high tech dummies can't compatre to real tissue. Dead/preserved tissue doesn't react the same was as live tissue. The training just doesn't cover the injuries, but how the body reacts to those injuries. Pig anatomy is nearly identicle to humans. There is no better substitute.

We had 5 vets there whose only job was to monitor the pigs and make sure they were not suffering. They were basically in a medically induced coma. They felt nothing.

The injuries that the instructors gave the pigs were the same injuries that I later treated on Marines in Iraq. The shock factor wasn't there because I had it with the pigs. I knew just what to do. I can't say enough to express how valuable that training was.

PETA can kiss my ass.

Doc
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Re: Check this out.

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 pm

"PETA, however, said there are more advanced and humane options available, including high-tech human simulators. In a letter, PETA urged the Army to end all use of animals, "as the overwhelming majority of North American medical schools have already done."

and there's no evidence to support their claim...

"The bloody exercise, she said, is difficult for soldiers because they sometimes associate the animals with their own pet dogs."

because everyone's dog looks like a pig...

conclusion:

Holly Beal=Halo Belly (anagrams are fun :yes: )
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby carsonr2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Idaho, what you said about the pet (dog) soldier relationship is what I was hinting at for the hypocritical (flip flop) statement. PETA's official stance is that there should not be any pets (according to there website, this is a form of animal slavery). So how can they say that a soldier can relate to a pig as a pet when they don't condone pet ownership? :huh: Wouldn't they be against the idea of soldiers or anyone having pets? So the relationship wouldn't matter. They are a group of morons. :biggrin:
carsonr2
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:57 pm

"Associate pigs with their pet dogs"? I'd rather have to deal with killing an animal that is used for food anyways than having to see another serviceman covered in blood just barely holding on.
devildog28
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm

carson, this surprises you? :biggrin:
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby carsonr2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:10 pm

I just love another reason to laugh at ignorant people. I bet more then a few of them wear leather birkenstocks.
carsonr2
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:12 pm

are birkenstocks hippie sandals? never heard of em before.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Killa pig save a soldier :thumbsup:
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 pm

I cant believe that the people at PETA will do something so stupid as to stand in the way of men and women who are about to go risk their lives to protect the right of the very people who are attacking them. I wish that morons like that would realize that the last thing our soldiers need is to be criticized and harassed before leaving their country to serve all of us. If shooting a few pigs helps save a US soldiers life, then shoot some pigs.

God BLESS EVERY AMERICAN SOLDIER!
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Re: Check this out.

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:00 pm

"The bloody exercise, she said, is difficult for soldiers because they sometimes associate the animals with their own pet dogs."

Like treating critically wound human beings is not a "bloody exercise" and it is going to be easy. If they can't handle treating their dog, how the hell are going to handle a human, that they may associate with their son, brother, etc. PETA is providing another justification for this training and they don't even get it.

Thank God the only thing PETA is responsible for is bitching about what everybody else is doing.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Doc, thank you for serving our country. And all the rest of you current and past guys too. :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Ok guys, put on your thinking caps....

Isn't there a story about servicemen who had to raise a pig from the time its born, nurture and care for it, bond with it as a pet, shoot it, then run down range and try and save its life?

On a similar type side note, what was the name of the tests that were performed on goats or pigs that involved bullet testing? I remember they had a specific name for these tests. I saw some wicked video footage from back in the day and want to find it again.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby shoot-n-goose » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:39 pm

i say we switch the pigs with members of PETA
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:38 pm

shoot-n-goose wrote:i say we switch the pigs with members of PETA

I agree...at least pigs serve a pourpose
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:06 pm

[quote="don taylor"]Ok guys, put on your thinking caps....
quote]

As far as I know, the story about raising a pig, ect, is just that a story. Military training is like drinking from a fire hose. a flood of information in the shortest amount of time possible. It would be just a waste of time to go through all of that. Stories like that usually involve special forces or other covert groups. It makes them more believable. The Japanese thought that you have to kill and eat your family to join the Marine Corps in WWII. The Iraqi's (in the farmlands) thought we had no eyes because of the sunglasses/night visioin goggles.

As far as the tests...try searching for "balistic necropsy" or anything along those lines.

Doc
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum