You have to look deeper at Obama's pick...
1. Electoral value? Nope. Delaware's 3 or 4 electoral votes were never in question.
2. Youthful? Nope. All of the McCain bashers that complain that McCain is a hot tempered, crazy old man, just got it handed back to them with the pick of Biden.
3. Stance on the war? Nope. Biden's another "I voted for it before I voted against it" Democrat.
4. Ethics regarding taking money from lobbyists? Nope. His son and brother are DC lobbyists who are being sued for fraud, and Biden himself takes money from lobbyists.
5. Great speaker? Hmmm... When he doesn't use other peoples' work without giving attribution. Google "Biden Plagiarism" for good insight to the reason he lost recent elections and flunked in college.
Obama should have picked Virginia Governor Mark Warner. Virginia is a battleground state and Obama could definitely use Virginia's votes. Instead, he didn't learn the lesson so many other Democrats have learned in not picking northeast, anti-gun, anti-capitalist, plagiarist senators as running mates.
Obama just threw away the election. Leave it to the Democrats to have the election in the bag,and once again... BLOW IT!!!