The Dem Convention

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby QUACK3XS » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 pm

I couldn't help it.......sorry sea :thumbsup: :wink:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
User avatar
QUACK3XS
hunter
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:31 am
Location: A dirt road in western, NY


Postby Redline29 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:22 pm

Brydog wrote:I've seen Obama speak several times and have NEVER noticed him reading anything on paper or from a teleprompter. Unlike George Bush and John McCain, Obama speaks from the heart so he doesn't need a script written by someone that can think straight.
Do all of you Republicans have the same playbook on "How to defend a looser President"?!?!? You ALL say the same things. :tongue:



This my friends is what i have been talking about. I do not need to prove my point any futher. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest. Liberals don't have talking points... only conservitives do. And people wonder why I use the term nit-wit. we have our heads in the sand???? Really??? maybe this is the best way to show you marxist nut jobs how you see things...

Image
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby seastreet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:22 pm

QUACK3XS wrote:I couldn't help it.......sorry sea :thumbsup: :wink:


To heck with the Comedy Channel. All I need is to search Bry's and Dude's political posts for all of the satirical comedy I need. :rofl:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:36 am

Can McCain and Palin switch places?
She threw a wrench in the Obama machine :yes:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
User avatar
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Postby Brydog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:09 pm

Hey redline,
Did you know that if you're not filthy rich and you vote Republican, you're only stomping on your left foot with your right foot ?
If ya' wanna hang with the Big Dawgs, ya' gotta be a crook like the Big Dawgs.
Posers don't last long !
Don't let your ego over ride your Fill in the blank.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby seastreet » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Brydog wrote:Hey redline,
Did you know that if you're not filthy rich and you vote Republican, you're only stomping on your left foot with your right foot ?
If ya' wanna hang with the Big Dawgs, ya' gotta be a crook like the Big Dawgs.
Posers don't last long !
Don't let your ego over ride your Fill in the blank.


It's settled. You really are an idiot. :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Redline29 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 pm

seastreet wrote:
Brydog wrote:Hey redline,
Did you know that if you're not filthy rich and you vote Republican, you're only stomping on your left foot with your right foot ?
If ya' wanna hang with the Big Dawgs, ya' gotta be a crook like the Big Dawgs.
Posers don't last long !
Don't let your ego over ride your Fill in the blank.


It's settled. You really are an idiot. :rolleyes:


Yep...
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby seastreet » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:14 pm

Redline29 wrote:
seastreet wrote:
Brydog wrote:Hey redline,
Did you know that if you're not filthy rich and you vote Republican, you're only stomping on your left foot with your right foot ?
If ya' wanna hang with the Big Dawgs, ya' gotta be a crook like the Big Dawgs.
Posers don't last long !
Don't let your ego over ride your Fill in the blank.


It's settled. You really are an idiot. :rolleyes:


Yep...


I would be willing to bet he throws his cigarette butts out the window at stop lights. I mean just look at his mug. It cries dueling banjos with every draw of smoke filled breath...

Image
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Brydog » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 am

You're as desperate as George McCain seastreet, and probably jealous of my fish. You probably couldn't catch a cold in an ice storm ! :rofl:

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce......Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Brydog wrote:You're as desperate as George McCain seastreet, and probably jealous of my fish. You probably couldn't catch a cold in an ice storm ! :rofl:

I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce......Image


It had nothing to do with your tiny, freshwater bass. It had everything to do your retarded looking, cigarette smoking mug shot. It pretty much shows your lack of intelligence. Believe you me, you have NOTHING I am jealous of.

Stick with your sissy, freshwater bass boy. I've caught 40 pound mahi on the fly, as well 10 pound redfish, 40-50 pound sailfish, and even hooked a 90+ pound tarpon, all from flies that I have tied. Any fish you have caught are considered Busch League boy. Move along before you get your feelings hurt. :tongue:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Brydog » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Your Avatar and your posts say it all seastreet. Image
You're an Internet mouthpiece, and a waste of time,,, among other things. :hi: Happy trails....
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:03 am

Brydog wrote:Your Avatar and your posts say it all seastreet. Image
You're an Internet mouthpiece, and a waste of time,,, among other things. :hi: Happy trails....


I'll accept your concession that you aren't even 1/10th the sportsman I am. Besides, your cigarette smoking probably doesn't let you even walk that far without stroking out in exhaustion. I bet everywhere you go, dueling banjos can be heard in the background. :rofl:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 am

Image Image Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby David » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 am

Cut our the personally bashing Seastreet.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
David
Lefty
 
Posts: 3715
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Mobile, AL

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 am

Brydog wrote: Obama speaks from the heart so he doesn't need a script written by someone that can think straight.


He does, really?? One of Obama's agenda items is Civil Rights which includes addressing racial disparities.

As you recall he made a comment about small town white folks as being "bitter, clinging to their guns and religion." And, of course, his association w/ Rev Jeremiah Wright.

It disgusts me that he was able to get away with this, and it is so overlooked. So he speaks from the heart??

If it the situation were reversed, a white presidential candidate says something similar about African Americans - what do you think would have happened? And, do you acutall think that Obama's race has nothing to do with where he is now?

I'll let you be the judge.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 am
Location: East of Albany, NY

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:40 am

Brydog wrote:Obama speaks from the heart so he doesn't need a script written by someone that can think straight.
He doesn't speak from his heart at all. He speaks straight from the liberal/progressive talking points. He uses scripts just like every other politician. He is very, very good at giving a prepared speech (most people don't use notes or a telepromter for prepared speeches unless they are very large). However, when he gets off script or is asked a question that he did not prepare for, he is terrible. That's why he makes statements like the bitter gun clingers, being punished with a baby, he himms and hahs (umm, umm, umm is his most common initial response), he gives rambling responses that eventually lead back to the liberal talking points and then he returns to his confident style because he is back on the script. Then the 2nd or 3rd time he is asked the question, he has has polished answer and is back to his confident speech giving style.

Obama is a person that has a great capacity to memorize things. However, he does not understand what he has memorized. This makes it very difficult for him to apply it to situations he has not prepared for in advance. When asked what to do, he has to search his vast memory banks and then recall something that someone else told him.

I don't criticize Obama for not being emotional (speaking from the heart) on issues. I do criticize his ability to think on his feet and apply his knowledge to new situations in a creative and effective manner. He will never be the guy that comes up with creative new solutions, but he is the guy that remembers a ton of information that most people never could.

If I was looking for someone to play Jeopardy, Obama would be my guy. However, to organize all of the contradictory information he will receive as President and to quickly and effectively make decisions, forget it. He will be overwhelmed and fall back to the old liberal playbook that he has been indoctrinated in.

I would love to see a reporter throw a bunch of curve ball questions that most ordinary people could answer and watch him fumble and stumble. He lashes out when asked the "wrong" questions. Remember the Hillary debate where they asked "conservative" questions and he complained. Doesn't he know there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15781
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:31 am

Littlejohnny29 wrote:As you recall he made a comment about small town white folks as being "bitter, clinging to their guns and religion." .
Although Obama used the term bitter rather than "frustrated" which is probably more accurate to the point he attempting to make... I'm not sure that comment (in the way it's been misinterpreted) is all that far off. There seems to be some bitterness and gun clinging going on here at DHC by quite a few.

Littlejohnny29 wrote:[And, do you acutall think that Obama's race has nothing to do with where he is now?.
That comment in itself is a racist. But to respond more directly... Obama got to where he is now because he went to school, worked hard, and became a very good public speaker. Lots of white, latino and other people have followed the same path. But more to the point, he gave an outstanding keynote speech at the '04 convention and become a national figure from it... that's how he got where he is now.

Plain and simple he imporessed a lot of people with his intellect and his ideas and support grew for him just as it does for many others on both sides of the aisle. It's 2008, quit with the racism.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5242
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:34 pm

i would bet that his race has worked for and against him in his career... but i dont think a white senator with only a couple years experience would be in the same position he is... theres the whole "shiny new" and "wouldnt it be neat" thing about having a black man up there. same as the hillary push... and all you have to do is go to the hillary site and read the hundreds of posts in support of mccain now that he has picked a woman, and she gave hillary some credit... they completely jumped ship from the dems and are screaming accolades for palin simply because she's a she... im pretty sure that theres the same kind of "neat-o" push behind obama.

this whole race has turned into a funny farm, and is so superficial and fake. yes, i like sarah palin, and she will do great im sure... but c'mon, she was picked because she's a she, and while she's a GREAT she, i kinda doubt she would be on the ticket had it not been for the 18 million pissed off women who are chompin at the bit to "get back" at obama for stealin their good time... mccain and his staff sat down and said, "we need a she, so lets pick the best she there is". and they probably did, since condoleeza said she wouldnt ever accept (and unlike some others, she actually speaks thruth...coughbidencough). newt gingrich told us it would be palin clear back in april... theres a guy with a head for politics. he is good...

too bad we couldnt have a gingrich/rice ticket.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Littlejohnny29 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Littlejohnny29 wrote:As you recall he made a comment about small town white folks as being "bitter, clinging to their guns and religion." .
Although Obama used the term bitter rather than "frustrated" which is probably more accurate to the point he attempting to make... I'm not sure that comment (in the way it's been misinterpreted) is all that far off. There seems to be some bitterness and gun clinging going on here at DHC by quite a few.

Really - people here on DHC cling to their guns and religion?? To me that sounds like your stereotyping and making generalizations. Hmmm...............sort of like what Obama did.

Littlejohnny29 wrote:[And, do you acutall think that Obama's race has nothing to do with where he is now?.
That comment in itself is a racist. But to respond more directly... Obama got to where he is now because he went to school, worked hard, and became a very good public speaker.

Yes I agree, he did work hard he is a brilliant man. But he still decide to stereotype and make a generalized statement about blue collar rural folks like my family, which should not be tolerated, especially if you are going to lead this country, and especially if Civil Rights is a the top of your agenda.

Plain and simple he imporessed a lot of people with his intellect and his ideas and support grew for him just as it does for many others on both sides of the aisle. It's 2008, quit with the racism.


I am also confused as to how you think I am being a racist. Nice try. Once again, the bottom line is if it were a white junior senator that said a remotely similar comment about African African Americans, I strongly feel that things would have been very different. So race really has nothing to do with where he is now?? Once again, I'll let you be the judge.
"One day before I die, I am going to hunt flooded timber in Arkansas"
Littlejohnny29
hunter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:43 am
Location: East of Albany, NY

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:55 pm

You guys DO KNOW that Obama is 50% White and 50% Black,,,,, correct ?!?!?
Lets say (just for fun) that he looked like any other white guy.
1 - These racist comments WOULDN'T appear on this board.
2 - He would have the support of many more white voters.

Just because he looks black, doesn't change the fact that he's 1/2 white !

There are N-words in every race, so quit with the racist crap already !
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Brydog wrote: Lets say (just for fun) that he looked like any other white guy.
1 - These racist comments WOULDN'T appear on this board.
2 - He would have the support of many more white voters.



3- he would LOSE the support of many black voters.

so whats your point? why cant you see both sides of the coin, or do you intentionally leave out the rest of the story?
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 pm

I see both sides of the coin PT. #3 goes unsaid.
The only reason the Blacks are going to come out of the woodwork to vote is because Obama looks Black.
Just like the only reason McCain picked Palin as his VP choice is the fact that shes a woman and could pull the disgruntled Hillbillery voters over to the Right.
That was politics,,, looking black isn't.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm

That is not the ONLY reason McCain picked Governor Palin.

Who should he have picked? In my opinion, he did not have a lot of good choices. Of all the realistic choices that he seemed to have had, she seems to be a very good pick.

Other reasons.

She has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined. McCain was a military officer and has the most executive experience. This is not a strong point of his or hers.

She is not from Washington D.C.

She has experience in the oil industry. We aren't going to be running on switchgrass or any alternative any time soon.

She was not Joe Leiberman. Thank God.

Governors Romney and Huckabee just didn't seem like good choices. Both more experienced, but neither seemed like the right choice. I can't give a good explanation of why, but neither seemed to feel like a good match.

Governor Jindel will be more effective in Lousiana than in Washington. Even if McCain wins, Jindel is probably more likely to be President some day than Palin.

She is young, but not too young. She is from Alaska, McCain is from Arizona. A mix of backgrounds, experience, etc. is good in my opinion. She complements McCain pretty well.

She solidifies the Republican base as well as any realistic candidate could. She is pro-gun, pro-life, ...

She is very much the mirror of Obama and will highlight his weaknesses.

If you sat down and dreamed up an idealistic candidate, it wouldn't be Governor Palin, but it definitely wouldn't be Obama either.

The fact that she is a woman doesn't hurt either. I can't argue that. They are going to definitely use that fact to their advantage, especially after Obama was truly disrespectful to Hillary and didn't even go through the motions of considering her, when they basically split the vote 50/50. Obama and Hillary are supposed to be on the same team and he blew her off :no:

Both her and Obama are there in large part for superficial reasons. That's just part of the process whether we like it or not.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15781
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Brydog wrote:I see both sides of the coin PT. #3 goes unsaid.
but its still part of the whole...leaving it out is the "spin" you talk about hating :wink:
The only reason the Blacks are going to come out of the woodwork to vote is because Obama looks Black.
thats right
Just like the only reason McCain picked Palin as his VP choice is the fact that shes a woman and could pull the disgruntled Hillbillery voters over to the Right.
i disagree partially. mccain had a list of people to pick from, but the pre-requisite to be on that list was to be a strong woman... isnt that fairly obvious? he needed the vote she brings... and she will make an awesome VP, win-win to me.
That was politics,,, looking black isn't.
the fact that he is black and running for president doesnt earn him a few votes? he's a complete newbie to the big seats, and without his "neat-o" blackness i really doubt he would be in the running. and deep down, im sure you have a few doubts also...not that you would confess them :rofl:

its not a racist statement to say "he is doing well in part due to his race". the american public is so superficial and stupid, they will vote for him just because its "neat" to see what we can screw with. no one cares what these idiots that we elect have to say, so its like playing with dolls... theres no sense of responsibility anymore, in anything.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Brydog » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 pm

You have waaay too much time on your hands PT.
...and yes,,, I have my doubts about Obama, but not nearly as many as I have about McCain. If you'd stop being sooo defensive and thoroughly read my posts you'd see I have my doubts.

Just think,,, 62 more days and this will be over,,,, except for the cryin'.
I don't know who'll be cryin' , but I'm sure one of us will be.Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests