obama born in kenya

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

I just don't understand the political ideology, that would vote for higher taxes on business, in a down time. How is raising taxes on business, going to spur econimic recovery, and put people to work?
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:16 pm

I dont see why its a big deal if McCain has 7 houses or whatever. If order to run for president you basically have to be rich. They spend millions of dollars campaining, so why is it hard to understand that they are rich. Hell, if i was rich i would own several houses. I doubt there will ever be a middle class joe-schmo that could run for president and win
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:02 pm

idahofowler wrote:all i know is I can't vote for this:

:no:

Here is the video of it. Hey Charlie! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

I am sure Nobama has a candy mountain. :yes: Some it went up his nose. :wink:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brydog » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Spinner,
George McCain was NOT joking. He was stunned and stammering the same way he will be when the Presidential Debates start up in a couple weeks. He can't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to a debate. Even with his 27 years in the Senate and Obama's lack of experience, Obama will smoke his ass in any and all debates.

PT wrote:
"i hope mccain keeps down the road bush has been traveling the past year. brydog, even you cant come up with something "evil" he has done recently.... not based in fact anyway..."

By this statement I take it you're admitting that Boy George has done "Evil" things in the past ?!?!?
Recently,,,, he's done NOTHING but go into hiding, due to the advise of his advisor's. Bush has done NOTHING good for this country in the 7 3/4's years he pretended to be the Commander in Chief. This country is in the worst shape it's been in since the depression in the 1930's. People are loosing their homes at an astounding rate. People are loosing their jobs at an astounding rate. Veterans are literally being ignored by the Government and the Bush Administration. Senior citizens are filing bankruptcy at an alarming rate. Up 425% since King George took office.
I could go on and on and on,,,, but I won't.
How you and your RINO buddies can stand behind Bush, Cheney, McCain the GOP is beyond me.
You need to take a good long look around and admit your failures, and your parties failures, and help fix the mess Bush has made of this country, and our standing in the world.
I would imagine you won't though,,, you'll just continue with your Ostrichism, half witted jokes, cut downs, denials, and GOP spins.

Oh Yeah,,, how about Katrina ?!?!? Tomorrow will be 3 years !
Great job George ! I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Bush will go down in the books as the worst President EVER ! JMO.

Good luck with your election,,,, you're gonna need it ! :thumbsup:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
idahofowler wrote:all i know is I can't vote for this:

:no:

Here is the video of it. Hey Charlie! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus

I am sure Nobama has a candy mountain. :yes: Some it went up his nose. :wink:

this video is still the funniest political thing on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adc3MSS5Ydc
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby Redline29 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Brydog wrote:Spinner,
George McCain was NOT joking. He was stunned and stammering the same way he will be when the Presidential Debates start up in a couple weeks. He can't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to a debate. Even with his 27 years in the Senate and Obama's lack of experience, Obama will smoke his ass in any and all debates.

PT wrote:
"i hope mccain keeps down the road bush has been traveling the past year. brydog, even you cant come up with something "evil" he has done recently.... not based in fact anyway..."

By this statement I take it you're admitting that Boy George has done "Evil" things in the past ?!?!?
Recently,,,, he's done NOTHING but go into hiding, due to the advise of his advisor's. Bush has done NOTHING good for this country in the 7 3/4's years he pretended to be the Commander in Chief. This country is in the worst shape it's been in since the depression in the 1930's. People are loosing their homes at an astounding rate. People are loosing their jobs at an astounding rate. Veterans are literally being ignored by the Government and the Bush Administration. Senior citizens are filing bankruptcy at an alarming rate. Up 425% since King George took office.
I could go on and on and on,,,, but I won't.
How you and your RINO buddies can stand behind Bush, Cheney, McCain the GOP is beyond me.
You need to take a good long look around and admit your failures, and your parties failures, and help fix the mess Bush has made of this country, and our standing in the world.
I would imagine you won't though,,, you'll just continue with your Ostrichism, half witted jokes, cut downs, denials, and GOP spins.

Oh Yeah,,, how about Katrina ?!?!? Tomorrow will be 3 years !
Great job George ! I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Bush will go down in the books as the worst President EVER ! JMO.

Good luck with your election,,,, you're gonna need it ! :thumbsup:

Brydog...um...dude, you are not very good at this. When your brain grows up and has an original thought for once... maybe..and just maybe you will be able to have something to debate with...
until then...stop being a nit-wit.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Brydog wrote:Spinner,

WHAT! :eek: You gotta be kidding me. Obama is scared to death of these debates. He is so crisscrossed on his beliefs that he cant stand for anything or explain himself.
He wants tighter gun laws but believes in 2nd admendment.
He plays the christian card but supports gay marriage and abortion.
He doesnt know what he wants to do with taxes.
He is full of generalized statements that every politician in history has supported. education, health care, improve government spending, lower prices of oil and housing. and yet he has no solution.
and on top of everything, you take away his telepromptor and he becomes an idiot.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 am

Brydog wrote:Bush has done NOTHING good for this country in the 7 3/4's years he pretended to be the Commander in Chief.
Actually, he is incredibly busy. I was at a meeting last October and they were describing the things that the Bush administration had done as part of the Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP), which is an initiative to expand worldwide nuclear power (improve world living standards, less pollution, ...), while controlling the spread of nuclear fuel cycle technologies (if you can make nuclear fuel, you can make nuclear weapons). The number of international agreements and other things they had done was shocking to me, and this is something I work on. It's amazing, how we can get all these agreements in place without the news reporting it, and with our complete lack of respect around the word :no: I've paid attention a little more closely since then. He's been busy, but that's not the story line. Especially considering the utter failure of the Democratically controlled congress.

Brydog wrote:This country is in the worst shape it's been in since the depression in the 1930's.
Complete lie or complete ignorance. Almost ALL economic indicators are in the normal ranges. Unemployment, income, ... Even home ownership.

Brydog wrote:People are loosing their jobs at an astounding rate.
It may be astounding to you, but it is at a very NORMAL level of job turnover. You need to do a little research. Ask your self, what is the normal range. Then compare that to where we are. If you think Barry is going to prevent ups and downs in the economy, you are dream. He is not really the Messiah. That is a sarcastic slap at him.

You use all of these emotional adjectives and a few random numbers. If you really understood these statistics and could put them in historic context, you would realize we are actually doing quite well. Per capita GDP (average income), has grown during the Bush administration. Unemployment remains at historically low levels. No matter how good times are, there will be people that lose their job, their home, and even their life. Not even the Barack America can put on his cape and rescue everybody.

Brydog wrote:People are loosing their homes at an astounding rate.
I was watching an business show on MSNBC yesterday. A woman called in for financial help. Her and her husband make $52k per year and the have a $294k mortgage :eek: That's how you go bankrupt and there isn't a damn thing Shrub could do about that. If you are so stupid that you think you can make mortgage payments on a mortgage that is nearly 6 times your annual income, your are doomed to bankruptcy.

Was this a predatory loan? Almost certainly. Of course, the predatory is going to starve because the house is worth about $200k. So the predatory is going to end up eating almost $100k of bad paper.

We were in a housing bubble. The bubble burst and everybody, including the evil rich bankers, are going bust.

In the age of the internet, I really think we will see more frequent bubbles. Bubbles are fueled by bad information. The internet is very efficient at spreading information both good and bad. People always have and always will get sucked into the get rich schemes. Primarily because their lack of historical perspective. Housing prices go up and they go down. Always have and always will.

Brydog wrote:Veterans are literally being ignored by the Government and the Bush Administration.
More crap. If you mean the government is a terrible beaurocracy that could f' up a wet dream, then you will get no argument here. That's why I am a conservative. The more we can get out of the hands of government, especially the Federal Government, the less then can f' up. If you mean, it's a concious decision to mistreat people, then you seriously misguided. BHO will not fix this. However, it just won't be reported in your information circles.

Brydog wrote:Senior citizens are filing bankruptcy at an alarming rate.
If you haven't learned how to managed your finances by age 65, what hope is there.

For all of those that are young, you will need a lot of money to retire and live the life you want. Social security has been pissed away. It is gone and it is not coming back. There is no possible way to squeeze enough money out of future workers. They will simply quit working if we try to and business will move to more proifitable markets. If you put 10% of your income in a retirement account from the day you start working, you will be able to live a very good life in retirement. If you rely on government, well don't be shocked when you get to retirement and your life sucks.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:29 am

Redline29,
Is that all you can come up with ? Childish criticisms to someone thats probably twice your age ? Those are typical responses from a worried RINO.
Instead of criticizing, calling names and slinging cut downs, why don't you prove me wrong on some of these points.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're just a young, know it all mouthpiece following someone else's lead. I've seen your kind a thousand times.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Brydog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:41 am

Spinner,
I partially agree with you on the housing issues. Some ppl DO try to live beyond their means which inevitably leads to their demise.
Other than that, I thought I was watching Fox News.
I have a hard time believing Bush has contributed anything into the Nuclear Power Programs that are being developed. Hell, He can't even pronounce the word correctly. He's a puppet for the outrageously rich, like most Republican Presidents are.

As far as the seniors, they had no way of knowing that the prices of oil, food, and everyday necessities we're going to climb to the ridiculous numbers we're seeing today. After all, they we're making about $2 an hour back then.

Gotta get to work now......
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 am

http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/af8fc4d4-15f8-4367-b807-afd77f76677c
And one more thing: twice during his meandering conversation, the President deployed the word "nuclear." Both times, he pronounced it flawlessly --- as "new- clee-ar," not "nuke-cule-ar." Considering the huge press attention on the mis-pronounciation of this single word, nothing shocked me more about meeting the president than hearing him, in private conservation, avoid a mistake for which he's become celebrated in public.

If he can say "nu-clee-ar" in private, why does he still say, "nuke-cule-ar" when he speaks on camera? Could it be possible that there's some mischievous intent here-- that the President deliberately gives his own spin to the word just to provoke pompous pundits into paroxysms of supercilious rage? It seems like a far-fetched explanation, I'll admit, but after seeing the President's infectiously feisty mood this Friday, I wouldn't put it past him.

I do think he likes to play up the country dumb.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Country%20Dumb%20

He is actually very good on nuclear and energy in general. He isn't King George and therefore he can't unilaterally allow for driling in ANWR and other domestic sources, which he called for from day one. The Democrats still say it's of no use because it's at least 7 years from producing the first drop. As you noted, that was 7.75 years ago. What will the Dems be saying 7 years from now? However, that's not true and shows ignorance of the futures market and basic economics. BTW, McCain was in agreement with the Dems on this one and just as wrong, but he is finally learning from the error of his ways.

We are doing a ton of reasearch on hydrogen and ethanol (aka alternative energies), but they just don't work economically. If gasoline prices are too high, these would cost even more.

As far as making $2/hr way back when. Inflation over their working life averaged almost exactly what you would have expected. They easily could predict what things would cost. Inflation rate were way higher in the '70's and have been very low since then. It's the long-term average that matters. Besides the only rational response to not knowing exactly how much thing will cost, is why you save MORE money and not less.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:36 am

quick question! please tell me how a hurricane is the presidents fault!
yea, I know what your getting at, the government didn't do enough to help, it was three days before help showed up, blah, blah, blah. now, I was never in or around katrina and I know that I won't know the extent of the horribleness without seeing it. but since when do we have to rely on government help for every little thing? the people were warned and they just sat around waiting for government help, again, typical liberals. and for years, they were telling new orleans that a major catastrophe was in store, and that was before bush, but i guess that is still his fault.
and also, speaking of childish criticisms, who else is getting tired of hearing "George McCain," "McSame" and all of this other crap? That is what I call childish! And does anybody else remember the last time Brydog posted a link to support his random statements? like the statement about how it is Bush's fault that banks allowed outrageous mortgage loans to people and they were stupid enough to take them, just like spinner said. let's all take responsibility for our actions and quit blaming the government for everything.
mydogearl
hunter

Postby grunt_doc » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am

mydogearl wrote:how a hurricane is the presidents fault!

He let out a beer fart, which caused the hurricane. Then he shot missiles from his eyes and blew up the levies. You didn't know that?
Texting is just a polite way to communicate whilst taking a dump.
grunt_doc
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 pm

In reply to the original post :hijacked: you thread jackers.
My wife was born in japan on an American milatary base,During the veitnam war.(No shes not japanese)
This gave her dual citizenship.For some reason when we got married she had to give up her japanese citzenship,I dont remember the reason.
Im sure Obama would of had to do the same.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm

That's not actually the issue. The issue is whether or not he was physically born in Hawaii or Kenya. At the time and under the particulars of his mother and father, he is only a U.S. citizen if he were physically born in Hawaii. If he were born in Kenya, he would not have dual citizenship, he would only be a citizen of Kenya and therefore an illegal alien with forged documents and obviously ineligible to be President.

Like I said before. I doubt it.

However, if I were in his mom's circumstances, as alleged, I would have done exactly what she did. I don't blame the illegals for coming to America, I blame the Americans from not trying to stop them, and the criminals that knowingly hire them.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Brydog wrote:Redline29,
Is that all you can come up with ? Childish criticisms to someone thats probably twice your age ? Those are typical responses from a worried RINO.
Instead of criticizing, calling names and slinging cut downs, why don't you prove me wrong on some of these points.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're just a young, know it all mouthpiece following someone else's lead. I've seen your kind a thousand times.

And I have seen your kind a 1000 times also.
First off I am not a RINO...so that does not make any sense.
What points have you made?? Nothing other than the same old "Bush derangement syndrom" talking points. Nothing that is an original thought...why should I debate that? waste of my time.
Name calling? "I am going to take a wild guess and say you are just young, know it all mouthpice following else's lead." If me being almost 40...and you think I am young...why thank you.
Tell what names you have called
Bush. HMMMM???

You have been proven wrong by others. what can I add to that, other then tell you, you have no credibility. You don't know what you are talking about and worst of all...like I said before...you are Intellectual dishonesty. That is not a put down or an attack. It is just simply the truth.

Tell ya what. I will point out all of Bush's and or McCain faults if you point out what you find in obama. the again..he is the messiah...so I guess there are none.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:39 pm

Redline,
I don't care for Obama anymore than I do McCain,,, well, maybe just a fuzz more. I simply know that this country cant endure another 4 years of Bush's questionable, flawed, failed, and corrupt policies.
Pull your head out of the sand and take a good, honest look around and give the state of the union an honest evaluation, then stick your head back in the sand if it makes you think you might be mistaken on your present stance.

mydogearl wrote:
how a hurricane is the presidents fault!

We both know the meaning of what was said ! Spin it any way you like it, but we both know it wasn't handled properly !
When hurricane Rita was headed for Texas, Bush OK'ed whatever money was needed to repair the damages long before it MISSED Texas. Get my point now ?!?!?
:thumbsup:

Dude,
I see what you mean. :no:
I should know better. :stouff:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby seastreet » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:16 pm

Brydog wrote: I don't care for Obama anymore than I do McCain

And just a few minutes ago, he (or she) types this...

Brydog wrote:Obama speaks from the heart so he doesn't need a script written by someone that can think straight.

Please keep the hits coming. I've laughed so hard tonight that my stomach hurts. :rofl:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 pm

All that means is I would trust Obama before I'd trust anyone that follows in Shrubbies footsteps. But you can spin it any way you want it to continue your fit of laughter.ImageImageImage Live it up in your land of delusions. :thumbsup:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 am

Brydog wrote:All that means is I would trust Obama before I'd trust anyone that follows in Shrubbies footsteps.

i can promise you, from the conservatives perspective, that mccain wont follow in bush's footsteps... some of the policies will be the same im sure, but the stupid stuff bush and **** got away with is not on mccains to-do list... im sure lookin at it from your post way over in the left, that all repub's look the same, just like from here, i cant tell the difference between obama and carl marx or even joe stalins policies, but you can be sure there is a big difference between mccain and bush :smile: i dont like him because he is too far left. and i kinda expected (a little) to see him get support from guys like dude and even maybe you...

before you tell us he agreed with bush 90% of the time (like all the other lib's chant)just remember that over 80% of the votes in congress are unanimous.... its just liberal spin. most of what the lib's say is, and its really not too hard to see past it as long as you arent too busy chanting.....
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby mydogearl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 am

brydog wrote: we both know it wasn't handled properly

let's crucify our president because he may have not correctly handled the WORST natural disaster in our nations history. there would be a gripe if he wouldn't have learned from katrina and not approved money when rita was approaching

also, you talk like he is king and the only person who has any power at all. don't we have representatives (from both sides)? why isn't there any blame placed on the other people in power.
you blame bush for everything from causing hurricanes to your diahrea.
mydogearl
hunter

Postby rmh » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:59 am

RE: Hurricane Katrina
The mishandling started at the local level and moved on up the food chain. FEMA is not a first responder, more like fourth and responds at request of the governor, who did not even activate the National Guard for awhile. Add that to the fact that while people were going to the Superdome, school buses which could have been used for evacuation, were allowed to stay parked where they were flooded. And the NO officials made no real effort to evacuate the most vulnerable areas. And now those same areas are being rebuilt and in many cases are not being required to upgrade to flood requirements, waivers have been granted. Whether they're eligible for flood insurance is questionable. You'll see the same destruction next time. When TS Isabel came blowing through here a few years those folks who rebuilt were required to raise the new house above the 100 year flood plain, about eight feet, in order to maintain insurance. They each were also eligible for a 30K grant, from FEMA, to do that. Oh yeah one other thing, federal money to New Orleans as of last week: $120 billion and counting. So much so that many other Corps of Engineers projects are on hold or cancelled altogether. That for a city that is still six feet or more below sea level.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby 870expresssupermag » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 am

If you're gonna build a city below sea level right next to the ocean and in an area where hurricanes hits a few times every year. All I can say is lets start handing out Darwin Awards.
870expresssupermag
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum