John Picks Palin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderator: Smackaduck

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:
seastreet wrote:I also recall that Gov. Palin applied equal protection in vetoing a bill sent to her desk from the Alaskan legislature that would have denied health benefits to same sex partners of state employees. She has shown that she doesn't necessarily blend her religious beliefs with her civic duties as an elected official.


ok, ok so let me get this straight,

For unwed, pregnant teens in Alaska to get benefits they have to have same sex relationships with Alaska state employees?

What next proof of immaculate conception?


I thought you were all for gay rights AJ? She applied equal protection for partners of same sex civil unions of state employees, by vetoing a bill that would have denied them.

I guess equal protection only gets credit when a Democrat applies it. As you have done for so many years AJ, you have jumped the shark in seeing how low your integrity is.

A lonely cave, somewhere longs for it's missing troglodyte.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC


Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:27 am

Sarah Palin said she had no idea what a Vice President does.
I guess **** Cheney filled her in - continue the course of helping out him and Bush's buddies in the "struggling" oil companies.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 am

you will post anything you can find to blast her, regardless of how ridiculous it makes you look, wont you? you do realize that stupid attacks without ANY merit only galvanizes your opponent?
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:19 am

Palin dissed veep job
By MIKE ALLEN | 8/29/08 10:22 AM EST
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12969.html

Count Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as one of the most surprised that she was chosen as the running mate for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

In an interview just a month ago, she dissed the job, saying it didn’t seem “productive.”

In fact, she said she didn’t know what the vice president does.
Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain's ticket mate.

Palin replied: “As for that VP talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that VP slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question.”

Her evident distaste for the office would be part of her appeal: It would show McCain is running an anti-Washington, reformist campaign.

But it also points to a huge negative for her: It robs Republicans of their most effective argument against Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) — that he lacks experience.

Before Palin’s election in December 2006 as the state’s first woman governor, she served two terms on the city council of Wasilla, Alaska (population 6,700), and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 am

again, out of context to make her look stupid. it doesnt make HER look stupid.....

you dont know what a vp does either, nor does anyone else in washington except the vp himself. its not been her job to keep tabs on everyone else's job. she hasnt played the mutual-strokin game that you seem to want her to. the left talks about how the american people want change and not the same old politics, then they squeal like stuck pigs when the opposition actually delivers, completely jumping ship and now saying that you have to have all this DC experience to be in office... whatever. put your ridiculous politics aside, and see how great she really is. even if you dont agree with her stance, you have to agree that she is a great woman, and will make an excellent vp.

i only wish the left would stop trying to force us into communism and recession. your extreme views of "progressive" policies will end our country.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 pm

So "maverick" McCain distanced himself from Bush by voting in favor of Bush 90% of the time?

McCain - Change the record does not reflect.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:So "maverick" McCain distanced himself from Bush by voting in favor of Bush 90% of the time?

McCain - Change the record does not reflect.


Like Obama did in voting WITH Bush in granting immunity to the telecos for spying on American citizens? Remember how much hell you raised about that? Or how about all the times the Dems voted to continue funding the war? Or is your selective outrage limit switches not pressed yet, merely for the fact that Obamessiah has a "D" beside his name? :rolleyes:

Spare us your selective diatribes of utter hypocrisy. :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:35 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:So "maverick" McCain distanced himself from Bush by voting in favor of Bush 90% of the time?

McCain - Change the record does not reflect.


So how often did Obama vote with Bush?

Considering that most votes are either virtually 100% or pary line votes, the vast majority of votes are meaningless. This doesn't mean much.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_it_true_john_mccain_voted_with.html

Obama voted with bush about 40% of the time. That means of the remain 60%, McCain voted with Bush about 5 out of 6 times and against him about 1 out of 6. That's pretty large considering they are the same party. Especially if you consider that the man of "change" voted with his party a much higher fraction of the time.

Maverick score card
McCain - 1
Obama - 0
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:01 pm

I listened to her "speech" last night. She's a good public speaker but if you examine it objectively and analytically... she's weak on those issues that count for the country and she was all about small talk. I'm not sure her education or intellect are sufficient to learn on the fly; isn't that what we've done the last 8 years with HUGE success.

To her R credit she's not afraid to put words in other's mouths and then denounce them for those words, and she's not afraid to twist the truth in order to make herself looks better. The "no thanks to the bridge to nowhere" is a prime expample of doublespeak on two counts: first, she was for it and then against it; second, she flip flopped and said no to the bridge but took all the money... and an approach to the nowhere bridgeis is in the process of being built now. So much for the Straight Talk Express, John.

I will give the R's credit though. They are the world class when it comes to making false accusations, smear tactics, and getting behind whatever happens to have the spotlight for the moment and taking credit for it. That's great....
Last edited by dudejcb on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:So "maverick" McCain distanced himself from Bush by voting in favor of Bush 90% of the time?

McCain - Change the record does not reflect.


you are just trolling for responses... posting leftist talking points you see on the news... you are only making mccain supporters more steadfast in their views :thumbsup:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:17 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:So "maverick" McCain distanced himself from Bush by voting in favor of Bush 90% of the time?

McCain - Change the record does not reflect.


you are just trolling for responses... posting leftist talking points you see on the news... you are only making mccain supporters more steadfast in their views :thumbsup:


In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:22 pm

After the last eight years, the American public should demand more than the 10% of change McCain is offering.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:25 pm

dudejcb wrote:I will give the R's credit though. They are the best when it comes to making false accusarions, smear tactics, and getting behind whatever happens to have the spotlight for the moment. That's great....


Don't like the truth when it is pointed out, Dude? Obama has gotten a free ride for the past year. For whatever reason the media has deemed him their "darling" and gloss over even the grossest inadequacies in the Obama-Biden team. When has anyone in the supposedly, "unbiased national media", ever questioned Obama's qualifications. Now that Palilen is on the Republican ticket they jump all over her.

In her speech last night, Palin, brought to the national front, all of the holes in the democratic ticket's platform. Mack trucks can fit through these holes, they are so glaring. Things that a lot of us, have been talking about since the creation of this forum.

Now that we have entered the actual race we will see the Republicans taking off the gloves, (something that the Clinton campaign should have done) and exposing this talking head for what he is. A completely unqualified candidate, with flawed political ideology, and a lack of working knowledge of the office he is seeking.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 11823
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm

seastreet wrote:In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance.


Is posting newspaper articles that you happpen to disagree with "disinformation?" Don't think so.

And when it comes to being insulting, you should think about that "glass house" thing, cuz you tend to be consistently insulting to others. FYI
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:After the last eight years, the American public should demand more than the 10% of change McCain is offering.
Small course corrections are good. Large whipsaw changes will have large ripples of unintended consequences.

What are the big flaws that need fixing?

Federal spending is out of control. Obama wants to spend more. Obama steers us toward the cliff not away from it. That's definitely not change we can believe in.

High energy prices and instability. Obama wants to raise the cost of producing oil, prevent new sources of oil, and hope for a miracle. He's not only steering toward the cliff, he is mashing the pedal to the floor.

Iran developing nuclear weapons. He wants to talk. That's what they want too.

I can go on.

I agree we should demand changed, but change in the right direction and not the wrong direction.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm

dudejcb wrote:
seastreet wrote:In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance.


Is posting newspaper articles that you happpen to disagree with "disinformation?" Don't think so.

And when it comes to being insulting, you should think about that "glass house" thing, cuz you tend to be consistently insulting to others. FYI


If you saw his track of plagiarism in taking articles, writing in his own thoughts and attempting to pass them off as the original article, you would see where I am coming from. He has been caught several times.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Spinner,

I constantly hear folks saying the Dems want to raise taxes (an old but effective scare tactic)... but who has said that? No one. What he has said is that he'd raise taxes on the richest to the pre-Bush level, and lower taxes on the middle incomers, so that in the end total tax revenue is a wash.

Who has said he wants to spend more? No one. It's been about changing where and how we spend what we have already have.

One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country
Last edited by dudejcb on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them ~ Will Rogers
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5645
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 pm

seastreet posted,

"In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance." :rofl: :rofl:

Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:


I see you still lack any sort of a sense of humor, as well as the intelligence to use the quote function. :lame: ;nancyboy:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:23 pm

seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:


I see you still lack any sort of a sense of humor, as well as the intelligence to use the quote function. :lame: ;nancyboy:
:rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:29 pm

dudejcb wrote:Spinner,

I constantly hear folks saying the Dems want to raise taxes (an old but effective scare tactic)... but who has said that? No one. What he has said is that he'd raise taxes on the richest to the pre-Bush level, and lower taxes on the middle incomers, so that in the end total tax revenue is a wash.

Who has said he wants to spend more? No one. It's been about changing where and how we spend what we have already have.

One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country


http://www.american.com/archive/2008/august-08-08/the-folly-of-obama2019s-tax-plan

http://www.heritage.org/research/Taxes/wm1973.cfm

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11670.html
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:43 pm

dudejcb wrote:Spinner,

I constantly hear folks saying the Dems want to raise taxes (an old but effective scare tactic)... but who has said that? No one. What he has said is that he'd raise taxes on the richest to the pre-Bush level, and lower taxes on the middle incomers, so that in the end total tax revenue is a wash.

Who has said he wants to spend more? No one. It's been about changing where and how we spend what we have already have.
It is on Obama's website. This is deja vu. I gave you the links on his website where he specifically said he wants to raise tax rates.

What hasn't Obama said he does not want to spend more on? He has proposed increased spending on everything from daycare to the military.

You really need to get informed on your guy. Then maybe he wouldn't be your guy, but I seriously doubt that.

dudejcb wrote:One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country
Do you apply the same to farmers during a time of record profits? Energy, food, and other vital parts of our economy with national security implications should pay little to no taxes. I'm not for giving out money, but not taking money is a different form of subsidy that I do support. Oil is a vital national interest to the point we buy oil and dump it in tanks (aka the Strategic Oil Reserve), but we don't want to maximize the American production of this strategic commodity :huh:

I don't even understand this crumbling infrastructure nonsense. If you are talking about roads and bridges. That is just government mismanagement. I really don't know of any specific ways to improve that. They just had a big scandal in Chicago where the city was hiring construction trucks that were just sitting there doing nothing and these trucks had been previously owned by the city and sold to their cronies and then hired back from them. I may be off on some of the details, but that is part of the "cost" of infrastructure maintenance in Chicago. Maybe Obama organized that.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 18458
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm

I can not fathom the idea that anyone in thye United States of America should have to pay %50 of their earnings to taxes. That is as un American as I have ever heard. Punishing success and rewarding sloth is also just about as un American. We should be encouraging success rather than punishing it.
User avatar
jaysweet3
Moderator in Training
 
Posts: 11823
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:I can not fathom the idea that anyone in thye United States of America should have to pay %50 of their earnings to taxes. That is as un American as I have ever heard. Punishing success and rewarding sloth is also just about as un American. We should be encouraging success rather than punishing it.


thats what our good pal Pathetic Fisher is after... ask him...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 pm

dudejcb wrote:I listened to her "speech" last night. She's a good public speaker but if you examine it objectively and analytically... she's weak on those issues that count for the country and she was all about small talk. I'm not sure her education or intellect are sufficient to learn on the fly; isn't that what we've done the last 8 years with HUGE success.

To her R credit she's not afraid to put words in other's mouths and then denounce them for those words, and she's not afraid to twist the truth in order to make herself looks better. The "no thanks to the bridge to nowhere" is a prime expample of doublespeak on two counts: first, she was for it and then against it; second, she flip flopped and said no to the bridge but took all the money... and an approach to the nowhere bridgeis is in the process of being built now. So much for the Straight Talk Express, John.

I will give the R's credit though. They are the world class when it comes to making false accusations, smear tactics, and getting behind whatever happens to have the spotlight for the moment and taking credit for it. That's great....


Spot on dude,
While I was watching the RNC last night my ole' lady read this to me from a site she was surfing through.
"If the Republicans would stop lying and twisting truths, the Democrats would stop telling the truth about them"
I thought that was another well thought out statement and "Spot on" also ! :yes:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4940
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Uneasyjmitchell and 6 guests