John Picks Palin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:25 pm

dudejcb wrote:I will give the R's credit though. They are the best when it comes to making false accusarions, smear tactics, and getting behind whatever happens to have the spotlight for the moment. That's great....

Don't like the truth when it is pointed out, Dude? Obama has gotten a free ride for the past year. For whatever reason the media has deemed him their "darling" and gloss over even the grossest inadequacies in the Obama-Biden team. When has anyone in the supposedly, "unbiased national media", ever questioned Obama's qualifications. Now that Palilen is on the Republican ticket they jump all over her.

In her speech last night, Palin, brought to the national front, all of the holes in the democratic ticket's platform. Mack trucks can fit through these holes, they are so glaring. Things that a lot of us, have been talking about since the creation of this forum.

Now that we have entered the actual race we will see the Republicans taking off the gloves, (something that the Clinton campaign should have done) and exposing this talking head for what he is. A completely unqualified candidate, with flawed political ideology, and a lack of working knowledge of the office he is seeking.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm

seastreet wrote:In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance.

Is posting newspaper articles that you happpen to disagree with "disinformation?" Don't think so.

And when it comes to being insulting, you should think about that "glass house" thing, cuz you tend to be consistently insulting to others. FYI
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:After the last eight years, the American public should demand more than the 10% of change McCain is offering.
Small course corrections are good. Large whipsaw changes will have large ripples of unintended consequences.

What are the big flaws that need fixing?

Federal spending is out of control. Obama wants to spend more. Obama steers us toward the cliff not away from it. That's definitely not change we can believe in.

High energy prices and instability. Obama wants to raise the cost of producing oil, prevent new sources of oil, and hope for a miracle. He's not only steering toward the cliff, he is mashing the pedal to the floor.

Iran developing nuclear weapons. He wants to talk. That's what they want too.

I can go on.

I agree we should demand changed, but change in the right direction and not the wrong direction.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:11 pm

dudejcb wrote:
seastreet wrote:In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance.

Is posting newspaper articles that you happpen to disagree with "disinformation?" Don't think so.

And when it comes to being insulting, you should think about that "glass house" thing, cuz you tend to be consistently insulting to others. FYI

If you saw his track of plagiarism in taking articles, writing in his own thoughts and attempting to pass them off as the original article, you would see where I am coming from. He has been caught several times.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Spinner,

I constantly hear folks saying the Dems want to raise taxes (an old but effective scare tactic)... but who has said that? No one. What he has said is that he'd raise taxes on the richest to the pre-Bush level, and lower taxes on the middle incomers, so that in the end total tax revenue is a wash.

Who has said he wants to spend more? No one. It's been about changing where and how we spend what we have already have.

One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country
Last edited by dudejcb on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:16 pm

seastreet posted,

"In case you were wondering, he is the infamous California Flyway from TOS. Many wars have been waged over his ridiculous & hypocritical postinf style. He has even insulted members of the military many times. He is what most consider a real live Berkley, California, Vietnam era hippy. Just beware of the ground you tread on and understand that he attempts to lure you into making over the top statements so he can spread his disinformation without any resistance." :rofl: :rofl:

Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:

I see you still lack any sort of a sense of humor, as well as the intelligence to use the quote function. :lame: ;nancyboy:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:23 pm

seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Beware the ground you tread on, hide your cats, and check your under your bed. :rofl:

I see you still lack any sort of a sense of humor, as well as the intelligence to use the quote function. :lame: ;nancyboy:
:rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:29 pm

dudejcb wrote:Spinner,

I constantly hear folks saying the Dems want to raise taxes (an old but effective scare tactic)... but who has said that? No one. What he has said is that he'd raise taxes on the richest to the pre-Bush level, and lower taxes on the middle incomers, so that in the end total tax revenue is a wash.

Who has said he wants to spend more? No one. It's been about changing where and how we spend what we have already have.

One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country

http://www.american.com/archive/2008/august-08-08/the-folly-of-obama2019s-tax-plan

http://www.heritage.org/research/Taxes/wm1973.cfm

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11670.html
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:43 pm

dudejcb wrote:Spinner,

It is on Obama's website. This is deja vu. I gave you the links on his website where he specifically said he wants to raise tax rates.

What hasn't Obama said he does not want to spend more on? He has proposed increased spending on everything from daycare to the military.

You really need to get informed on your guy. Then maybe he wouldn't be your guy, but I seriously doubt that.

dudejcb wrote:One BIG flaw to fix: giving oil companies huge tax breaks during times of record breaking profits, when we have infrastructure crumbling around us. Putting tax money into (necessary) infrastructure improvment would create local jobs, stimulate the economy (by a factor of about 7), and benefit everyone who drives a car, truck, or 18-wheeler in this country
Do you apply the same to farmers during a time of record profits? Energy, food, and other vital parts of our economy with national security implications should pay little to no taxes. I'm not for giving out money, but not taking money is a different form of subsidy that I do support. Oil is a vital national interest to the point we buy oil and dump it in tanks (aka the Strategic Oil Reserve), but we don't want to maximize the American production of this strategic commodity :huh:

I don't even understand this crumbling infrastructure nonsense. If you are talking about roads and bridges. That is just government mismanagement. I really don't know of any specific ways to improve that. They just had a big scandal in Chicago where the city was hiring construction trucks that were just sitting there doing nothing and these trucks had been previously owned by the city and sold to their cronies and then hired back from them. I may be off on some of the details, but that is part of the "cost" of infrastructure maintenance in Chicago. Maybe Obama organized that.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 pm

I can not fathom the idea that anyone in thye United States of America should have to pay %50 of their earnings to taxes. That is as un American as I have ever heard. Punishing success and rewarding sloth is also just about as un American. We should be encouraging success rather than punishing it.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:56 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:I can not fathom the idea that anyone in thye United States of America should have to pay %50 of their earnings to taxes. That is as un American as I have ever heard. Punishing success and rewarding sloth is also just about as un American. We should be encouraging success rather than punishing it.

thats what our good pal Pathetic Fisher is after... ask him...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 pm

dudejcb wrote:I listened to her "speech" last night. She's a good public speaker but if you examine it objectively and analytically... she's weak on those issues that count for the country and she was all about small talk. I'm not sure her education or intellect are sufficient to learn on the fly; isn't that what we've done the last 8 years with HUGE success.

To her R credit she's not afraid to put words in other's mouths and then denounce them for those words, and she's not afraid to twist the truth in order to make herself looks better. The "no thanks to the bridge to nowhere" is a prime expample of doublespeak on two counts: first, she was for it and then against it; second, she flip flopped and said no to the bridge but took all the money... and an approach to the nowhere bridgeis is in the process of being built now. So much for the Straight Talk Express, John.

I will give the R's credit though. They are the world class when it comes to making false accusations, smear tactics, and getting behind whatever happens to have the spotlight for the moment and taking credit for it. That's great....

Spot on dude,
While I was watching the RNC last night my ole' lady read this to me from a site she was surfing through.
"If the Republicans would stop lying and twisting truths, the Democrats would stop telling the truth about them"
I thought that was another well thought out statement and "Spot on" also ! :yes:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:I can not fathom the idea that anyone in thye United States of America should have to pay %50 of their earnings to taxes. That is as un American as I have ever heard. Punishing success and rewarding sloth is also just about as un American. We should be encouraging success rather than punishing it.

thats what our good pal Pathetic Fisher is after... ask him...

Hmmm, Imagine one of the Moderators BASHING one of the members here at DHC because he speaks the truth..
Nah,,, couldn't be..... :huh: ...or would that be considered a Personal Attack ?!?!?
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm

streeeeeeeeetch it out brydog..... anything you can do to lessen the opposition instead of posting anything of merit, right? :rolleyes:

someone else plays by your tactics, and all of a sudden you are the innocent hall monitor? :huh:
Last edited by pennsyltucky on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:40 pm

O.K. Ill bite. Where was Palin stretching the truth last night?
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:streeeeeeeeetch it out brydog..... anything you can do to lessen the opposition instead of posting anything of merit, right? :rolleyes:

someone else plays by your tactics, and all of a sudden you are the innocent hall monitor? :huh:

Well put. It seems to be a pattern, eh?
seastreet
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:04 pm

all her speech was bashing obama, nothing about her views or what mccain/palin are going to do if elected

imo it is very hipocritical for the republican party to go on and on about how obama doesn't have enough experience, then mccain goes and picks palin
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby David » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:all her speech was bashing obama, nothing about her views or what mccain/palin are going to do if elected

:huh: Did you listen to the speech or just the media highlights?
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:23 pm

i watched the whole speech

another question- i hear alot about how we're "winning the war in Iraq", what does that mean? what constitutes a"win"?
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:streeeeeeeeetch it out brydog..... anything you can do to lessen the opposition instead of posting anything of merit, right? :rolleyes:

Apparently this lil' quote has more merit than you can handle huh PT.

"If the Republicans would stop lying and twisting truths, the Democrats would stop telling the truth about them"

Deny it ! Be typically Republican. Your foot fits the shoe nicely. :wink:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby devildog28 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

I have a question. It seems like the big three media outlets only are showing about an hour of the RNC. Did the DNC get more airtime? It still angered me to hear that idiot bob scheifer and couric bad mouthing him before he even spoke.
devildog28
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 pm

Are the big 3 still in the news business? :rofl:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:32 pm

DuckinFool wrote:Are the big 3 still in the news business? :rofl:

:lol: I have to stay on top of my game here :thumbsup:
devildog28
hunter

Postby David » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:36 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:all her speech was bashing obama, nothing about her views or what mccain/palin are going to do if elected

Palin wrote:Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines ... build more nuclear plants ... create jobs with clean coal ... and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal and other alternative sources.

We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers.

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:another question- i hear alot about how we're "winning the war in Iraq", what does that mean? what constitutes a"win"?

Right now we are turning over control of sectors of Iraq to Iraqi forces. These sectors were hotbeds of fighting a year ago, but now are calm enough to let them handle it. In July there were 5 US combat related deaths in all of Iraq. US soldier deaths are dropping fast.

A win is a self controlling Iraq, which we are rapidly approaching thanks to the troop surge. Once out of Iraq, we can turn our focus to Afghanistan and win there also.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum