John Picks Palin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderator: Smackaduck

Postby seastreet » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:03 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:i was watching c-span and saw barack obama speaking somewhere in pennsylvania(i think) and he was asked about his stand on guns, he said that he isn't going to try to take our guns away, and even if he wanted to he couldn't, he also said that he has no problem with law abiding citizens that own guns to hunt, sport shoot, and protect their homes but he was going to try to keep guns out of the hands of "teenage gang bangers" that use them to kill people

He has said many times that he wants to eliminate all concealed carry handgun laws, and even expressed his anti-gun stance before the DC vs. Heller ruling. He talks out of both sides of his mouth, depending on which crowd he is pandering to. He and many of his followers still refuse to acknowledge that the second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or shooting sports.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I don't have to list all the anti gun stances Obama has taken again, do I ? That was a LONG list. No denying that.

As far as McCains Ex-POW status making him a better Commander In Chief, it doesn't. How does Community organizer stack up against it though? Not to well.

George Washington said something to the effect that party politics would ruin this country. Its amazing how well those men could see into the future.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:06 pm

heres the problem with your lovable little barak.... it doesnt matter what he says!!!! his words are meant to get you to vote for him... its not his personal opinions that matter in office. he will be appointing judges to the bench and passing legislation from a liberal congress that will NOT have your gun rights in mind.. quite the opposite. he is the 3rd most liberal guy in congress.... the liberal position is to restrict gun ownership and rights.... do you not comprehend this?

he isnt gonna "take our guns".... they all understand that they cannot do that..... they also fully understand how to make it nearly impossible to own and use/carry one. wanna start paying 150 bucks a box for 25 shells? vote for him. he wants all bullets to be numbered, which will make the cost of manufacture skyrocket. and how will they number the shot in shotshells? hmmm? guess you cant have it anymore then.... how is this not simple common sense to you fellas slurpin the lefty-aide? its sure is to me.... why do you think the nra gives them a F? because they want us to all have guns? hit your head recently :huh: :biggrin:

i know i sound demeaning, but my 8 year old nephew can understand this. 3rd grade social studies is sufficient to grasp how this works :thumbsup:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 pm

[quote="pennsyltucky"]heres the problem with your lovable little barak.... it doesnt matter what he says!!!! his words are meant to get you to vote for himquote]

but mccains words are true right?
mccain sayed that he wants us to be energy independent in 10 years.kinda sounds familiar, almost like something barack obama said, i've noticed that mccain has been promising some of the same things as obama has been promising-that he will cut taxes and what not

and id like to hear a different speech from mccain/palin, its going to get old if they use their convention speech throughout this campaign season
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Some of the things you say are totally ridiculous Ptucky.
Have you had Paranoid Delusions all of your life or is this something new for you.
I can almost picture you running around inside your (locked) house in a frenzy screaming "The sky is falling", "The sky is falling". Barrack is gonna take my guns, McCain is God, Wheres my Bible, I gotta pray.

Get a grip dude. No ones taking our guns.Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 pm

my cousin lives in alaska and he, along with many alaskans, aren't too fond of her

she voted for the bridge to nowhere, got the money, then voted against it and kept the money :thumbsdown:

she left wasilla in debt, she built a hockey rink that operates in the red :thumbsdown:

she may have lowered some taxes but she also raised other taxes that more than made up for cuts she made :thumbsdown:

and you think gas is bad in he lower 48, my cousin pays $5.45 per gallon up there :eek:
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Obama is a turd crapped out of the corrupt Chicago Political Machine with the gun hating Mayor Daly of Chicago calling the shots. Obama said " This was a bad decision and the Supreme Court was wrong". Now what in that response to the recent narrow margin victory Supreme Court ruling that the 2nd Amendment did mean for the citizenry to keep and bear arms do you libs see that makes you believe Obama is not going after the 2nd Amendment? We came within 1 liberal Supreme Court justice of losing our 2nd Amendment rights.

I do not expect any high court picks of Obama to be interested in preserving an armed citizenry. The guy already said he will slash our military. Do you think the military is going to be gutted and your personal gun collection go unmolested?
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:14 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:my cousin lives in alaska and he, along with many alaskans, aren't too fond of her

she voted for the bridge to nowhere, got the money, then voted against it and kept the money :thumbsdown:

she left wasilla in debt, she built a hockey rink that operates in the red :thumbsdown:

she may have lowered some taxes but she also raised other taxes that more than made up for cuts she made :thumbsdown:

and you think gas is bad in he lower 48, my cousin pays $5.45 per gallon up there :eek:

Since all of this should be in the public record you won't mind posting the links to your sources right? "I got a cousin...." seems a bit weak and desperate. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 pm

it would be week and desperate, if i didn't actually have a cousin that lives in alaska :yes: he's a conservation officer
most of it was on the news one day.o but that was probably just the liberal media spin huh :no:
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:08 pm

Links should be no problem then huh? :thumbsup:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am

Brydog wrote:Some of the things you say are totally ridiculous Ptucky.
Have you had Paranoid Delusions all of your life or is this something new for you.
I can almost picture you running around inside your (locked) house in a frenzy screaming "The sky is falling", "The sky is falling". Barrack is gonna take my guns, McCain is God, Wheres my Bible, I gotta pray.

Get a grip dude. No ones taking our guns.Image

you can attack me or my character all you want, but it only makes you look bad.

mccain will have the same powers when in office that obama would. no one said he wouldnt. but the fact remains that the liberal side of our government is ANTI-GUN and ANTI-PERSONAL FREEDOM. obama is a far left liberal and as such is very anti gun and anti freedom. i have never ran around my house as you describe, and dont believe in your God or any of your other ridiculous fairy tales. again your biggest problem in debating is that you think im stupid...it makes you look like a child :no: if you would like to discuss real stuff, or you have something other than whining about bush, feel free to rebut some of those articles with fact, not just opinion pieces you find interesting. till then, you have wasted more than enuf of my time :rolleyes:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:What about if a politician says, "Read my lips, no new taxes" :rofl:

Anybody remember who said that?
How did that work out for him? That's right we hold our politicians accountable.

As I said it made it very hard for him, even though from the moment he said that the Democrats that controlled Congress and passed the new taxes were going to make damn sure they forced him to sign a tax increase on something. He was a damn fool for doing it and lost his job in large part because of it.

Typical Democrat move. Screw the people to gain power.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 am

Taking an action right out of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Gonzales playbook, the McCain Team is working overtime to suppress and derail the Alaska, Palin, Troopergate investigation.
It sounds like the trooper was indeed guilty of misconduct, but it is out of line for a Governor to exert political influence with a clear conflict of influence.
There is now Republican pressure to stop or slow down this investigation even though it had bi partisan support. No October surprises is more important than justice.

So much for open, transparent and bi partisan investigations from the McCain/Palin Team.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 am

Wonder if they are working harder than the Dems and Obama are working to suppress any investigation into Obamas relationship with David Ayers who happens to be a known terrorist? :biggrin:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:17 am

hears your link duckinfool http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#26529131

i misuderstood the tax thing so im sorry about that
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 am

Oh and I can post links if you would like to check it out for yourself. :yes:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:27 am

please do
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Taking an action right out of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Gonzales playbook, the McCain Team is working overtime to suppress and derail the Alaska, Palin, Troopergate investigation.
It sounds like the trooper was indeed guilty of misconduct, but it is out of line for a Governor to exert political influence with a clear conflict of influence.
There is now Republican pressure to stop or slow down this investigation even though it had bi partisan support. No October surprises is more important than justice.

So much for open, transparent and bi partisan investigations from the McCain/Palin Team.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1

The trooper in question was caught drinking on the job,and tasered his 11 year old son, off duty with a state issued taser. Then, the gestapo labor union protects this POS's job, and turns this whole thing around on Palin by trying to deflect the facts. My only criticism is that he, or the supervisor who tried to protect his job by hiding the evidence should have been fired much earlier.

Lord forbid if the Alaskan governor expects professionalism and ethics out of the state's employees.

Leave it to you to twist the facts and ignore the real reason the scumbag was to be fired. Lord forbid that you or any member of your family ever gets tasered by a rogue cop. Then again, you don't have children, so we can have solice that your gene pool ends with you. :yes:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm

I have not heard anyone contest the misconduct charges against the trooper in question, not. The investigation into Sarah Palin concerns whether or not she exerted political influence.
If Sarah Palin is so confident she did not violate any political standards, why obstruct justice and interfere with the ongoing, bi- partisan supported investigation?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:I have not heard anyone contest the misconduct charges against the trooper in question, not. The investigation into Sarah Palin concerns whether or not she exerted political influence.
If Sarah Palin is so confident she did not violate any political standards, why obstruct justice and interfere with the ongoing, bi- partisan supported investigation?

Any off duty officer who would taser his 11 year son should be fired on the spot. It is a shame that Palin (if this is true) would have to get involved, because someone in the chain of command wouldn't do their job. Just goes to show that union politics and the good ol' boy system is more important to the highway patrol than ethics and the rule of law.

He should have been fired much earlier, period!!! The attempt to implicate Palin as doing it for family revenge is absolutely ridiculous and nothing but a witch hunt for political expediency. Plain & simple, the Dems are scared shatless of her, and will resort to the lowest, dirtiest and most shameful of tactics to try and discredit her.

Palin has over an 80% approval ratingin Alaska. It's obvious you can't handle that.
seastreet
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 pm

seastreet wrote: Plain & simple, the Dems are scared shatless of her, and will resort to the lowest, dirtiest and most shameful of tactics to try and discredit her.

thats all it is. it happens every time, and every media outlet piles on to give it all the light they can. :no:

id like to hear about obama snortin coke some more. or how about his POS brother livin in the cardboard box? wheres all the dirt diggin on this liberal pile o dog shat? the checkout at walmart had all negative covers on sarah, and all positive covers on the turd. :mad: if his closet ever got opened to the public, he be run out, i have no doubt about that :no:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby ohsay » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1

I'm lol'ing at that video. I don't care who you're for, seeing politicians/analysts getting busted for their doubletalk like that is funny.
say what?
ohsay
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Since the American public only has a short time to check out Sarah Palin's background, why are the Republicans trying to obstruct a bi-partisan investigation of her?
That is not change from the Bush/Cheney/Rove/ Gonzales playbook now is it?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Since the American public only has a short time to check out Sarah Palin's background, why are the Republicans trying to obstruct a bi-partisan investigation of her?
That is not change from the Bush/Cheney/Rove/ Gonzales playbook now is it?

It's only a scandal in your mind...

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/05/exclusive-the-trooper-behind-trooper-gate/

Palin's ex-in-law speaks out. Here is a preview of tonight's AC360° report:
Drew Griffin
CNN Investigative Reporter

The Alaska state trooper at the center of a probe into whether Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power says he has “made mistakes, and I’ve learned from those mistakes.” But in an exclusive interview with us, Mike Wooten, Palin’s former brother-in-law, also denies some of the biggest allegations against him.

Wooten says he has been offered $30,000 to tell his story to a tabloid. The Obama campaign has reached out to the head of his union. And he no longer answers any phone number he doesn’t recognize for fear it is another pesky reporter who wants his story.

The story is how he married into, then divorced out of, Alaska’s first family. The trooper finds his life at the center of the one and only potential scandal I can find concerning Gov. Palin, John McCain’s choice for running mate.

The scandalous allegation is the governor used her power to try and get her sister’s ex fired. When that didn’t work, it’s alleged Gov. Palin fired the public safety commissioner.

In our interview, Wooten rattled off a disturbing number of “mistakes” he’s made in his career. He admits tasering his stepson, illegally killing a moose and admits to multiple reprimands in his file. A state trooper investigation even found credible evidence he was drinking in his patrol car.

But please tell me if you think his tale — dubbed Troopergate by Gov. Palin’s political enemies — is really the scandal that will bring down the newest star on the political scene.

By the way, I hear Gov. Palin is in Florida. Here’s a shot of the CNN crew using a fly-away satellite out of a U-Haul on a rainy, cold Friday in Anchorage.

As I said... Wooten should have been fired without having anyone to step in to take care of what should have been done before hand. It looks to me like that higher ups in the state government had to step in to do what Wooten's supervisor refused to do.

Given the evidence, it's a non-starter on more than one level.
Last edited by seastreet on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seastreet
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

if you haven't seen the interwiew watch it, im not defending the guy-he probably should've gotten fired, but he clears the tazer thing up and denies drinking on the job...obviously
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum