John Picks Palin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:46 am

Taking an action right out of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Gonzales playbook, the McCain Team is working overtime to suppress and derail the Alaska, Palin, Troopergate investigation.
It sounds like the trooper was indeed guilty of misconduct, but it is out of line for a Governor to exert political influence with a clear conflict of influence.
There is now Republican pressure to stop or slow down this investigation even though it had bi partisan support. No October surprises is more important than justice.

So much for open, transparent and bi partisan investigations from the McCain/Palin Team.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:16 am

Wonder if they are working harder than the Dems and Obama are working to suppress any investigation into Obamas relationship with David Ayers who happens to be a known terrorist? :biggrin:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:17 am

hears your link duckinfool http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#26529131

i misuderstood the tax thing so im sorry about that
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:18 am

Oh and I can post links if you would like to check it out for yourself. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:27 am

please do
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:33 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Taking an action right out of the Bush/Cheney/Rove/Gonzales playbook, the McCain Team is working overtime to suppress and derail the Alaska, Palin, Troopergate investigation.
It sounds like the trooper was indeed guilty of misconduct, but it is out of line for a Governor to exert political influence with a clear conflict of influence.
There is now Republican pressure to stop or slow down this investigation even though it had bi partisan support. No October surprises is more important than justice.

So much for open, transparent and bi partisan investigations from the McCain/Palin Team.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1

The trooper in question was caught drinking on the job,and tasered his 11 year old son, off duty with a state issued taser. Then, the gestapo labor union protects this POS's job, and turns this whole thing around on Palin by trying to deflect the facts. My only criticism is that he, or the supervisor who tried to protect his job by hiding the evidence should have been fired much earlier.

Lord forbid if the Alaskan governor expects professionalism and ethics out of the state's employees.

Leave it to you to twist the facts and ignore the real reason the scumbag was to be fired. Lord forbid that you or any member of your family ever gets tasered by a rogue cop. Then again, you don't have children, so we can have solice that your gene pool ends with you. :yes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:00 pm

I have not heard anyone contest the misconduct charges against the trooper in question, not. The investigation into Sarah Palin concerns whether or not she exerted political influence.
If Sarah Palin is so confident she did not violate any political standards, why obstruct justice and interfere with the ongoing, bi- partisan supported investigation?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:I have not heard anyone contest the misconduct charges against the trooper in question, not. The investigation into Sarah Palin concerns whether or not she exerted political influence.
If Sarah Palin is so confident she did not violate any political standards, why obstruct justice and interfere with the ongoing, bi- partisan supported investigation?

Any off duty officer who would taser his 11 year son should be fired on the spot. It is a shame that Palin (if this is true) would have to get involved, because someone in the chain of command wouldn't do their job. Just goes to show that union politics and the good ol' boy system is more important to the highway patrol than ethics and the rule of law.

He should have been fired much earlier, period!!! The attempt to implicate Palin as doing it for family revenge is absolutely ridiculous and nothing but a witch hunt for political expediency. Plain & simple, the Dems are scared shatless of her, and will resort to the lowest, dirtiest and most shameful of tactics to try and discredit her.

Palin has over an 80% approval ratingin Alaska. It's obvious you can't handle that.
seastreet
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:58 pm

seastreet wrote: Plain & simple, the Dems are scared shatless of her, and will resort to the lowest, dirtiest and most shameful of tactics to try and discredit her.

thats all it is. it happens every time, and every media outlet piles on to give it all the light they can. :no:

id like to hear about obama snortin coke some more. or how about his POS brother livin in the cardboard box? wheres all the dirt diggin on this liberal pile o dog shat? the checkout at walmart had all negative covers on sarah, and all positive covers on the turd. :mad: if his closet ever got opened to the public, he be run out, i have no doubt about that :no:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby ohsay » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:http://www.newsweek.com/id/157439/page/1

I'm lol'ing at that video. I don't care who you're for, seeing politicians/analysts getting busted for their doubletalk like that is funny.
say what?
ohsay
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Since the American public only has a short time to check out Sarah Palin's background, why are the Republicans trying to obstruct a bi-partisan investigation of her?
That is not change from the Bush/Cheney/Rove/ Gonzales playbook now is it?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Since the American public only has a short time to check out Sarah Palin's background, why are the Republicans trying to obstruct a bi-partisan investigation of her?
That is not change from the Bush/Cheney/Rove/ Gonzales playbook now is it?

It's only a scandal in your mind...

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/05/exclusive-the-trooper-behind-trooper-gate/

Palin's ex-in-law speaks out. Here is a preview of tonight's AC360° report:
Drew Griffin
CNN Investigative Reporter

The Alaska state trooper at the center of a probe into whether Gov. Sarah Palin abused her power says he has “made mistakes, and I’ve learned from those mistakes.” But in an exclusive interview with us, Mike Wooten, Palin’s former brother-in-law, also denies some of the biggest allegations against him.

Wooten says he has been offered $30,000 to tell his story to a tabloid. The Obama campaign has reached out to the head of his union. And he no longer answers any phone number he doesn’t recognize for fear it is another pesky reporter who wants his story.

The story is how he married into, then divorced out of, Alaska’s first family. The trooper finds his life at the center of the one and only potential scandal I can find concerning Gov. Palin, John McCain’s choice for running mate.

The scandalous allegation is the governor used her power to try and get her sister’s ex fired. When that didn’t work, it’s alleged Gov. Palin fired the public safety commissioner.

In our interview, Wooten rattled off a disturbing number of “mistakes” he’s made in his career. He admits tasering his stepson, illegally killing a moose and admits to multiple reprimands in his file. A state trooper investigation even found credible evidence he was drinking in his patrol car.

But please tell me if you think his tale — dubbed Troopergate by Gov. Palin’s political enemies — is really the scandal that will bring down the newest star on the political scene.

By the way, I hear Gov. Palin is in Florida. Here’s a shot of the CNN crew using a fly-away satellite out of a U-Haul on a rainy, cold Friday in Anchorage.

As I said... Wooten should have been fired without having anyone to step in to take care of what should have been done before hand. It looks to me like that higher ups in the state government had to step in to do what Wooten's supervisor refused to do.

Given the evidence, it's a non-starter on more than one level.
Last edited by seastreet on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seastreet
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:09 pm

if you haven't seen the interwiew watch it, im not defending the guy-he probably should've gotten fired, but he clears the tazer thing up and denies drinking on the job...obviously
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:21 am

native brookie wrote:Anybody know what Palin's record is on wetlands conservation?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like folks at the EPA, Corps of Engineers, etc. who take wetland protection a little more seriously than the bunch we have now.

Not to hard to figure that out -

DRILL! DRILL! DRILL!
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:01 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:
native brookie wrote:Anybody know what Palin's record is on wetlands conservation?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like folks at the EPA, Corps of Engineers, etc. who take wetland protection a little more seriously than the bunch we have now.

Not to hard to figure that out -

DRILL! DRILL! DRILL!
haha :rofl: all kinds of ducks and wetlands up in the tundra is there? u really think everyone is dumb enuf to believe the same crap u do? :rofl:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby rmh » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Well if we don't "drill, drill, drill" we'll be "walking, walking, walking" sooner rather than later. And those folks whose economies and livelihoods are built on tourism had better pray, or whatever, that we start drilling with a quickness.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum