John Picks Palin

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 pm

If you want to stop the criminals from getting them, just put some teeth in the laws that we have now. I couldn't begin to count the number of criminals that I have arrested that have numerous prior convictions for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, but they are out on the street after serving little or no time.

Criminals are criminals, because they have no respect for the laws that we have now. If we would force them to respect the laws, we wouldn't have the problems that we have now. Instead, we are being treated like criminals because the lawmakers don't have the guts to create harsher penalties, or the judges and courts won't enforce the laws that we have now.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 pm

i don't think it will eliminate the problem, but it can't hurt

good plan :thumbsup: (wisconsin)
do you think our cops are just sittin on their arses doin nothin? they are doing all they can to stop this but it obviously isn't working all that well, they need help, we need to try something

La. i like the way you think
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby winters921 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:38 pm

ok i apologize to it is his right i will respect your views more i am sry

give a recent example of how they cops aren't working i think there doing a swell job
Last edited by winters921 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winters921
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:39 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:La. i like the way you think

La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:44 pm

PL it will hurt me. I truly am sorry for calling you ignorant only Tyler and PETA people are ignorant. :thumbsup: True though the cops dont just sit on their butts all day and say you go free but the judges do. Especially in Tennesse. My uncle tells me stories of how they have undeniable evidence that they were illegaly possesing firearms and drugs and get let off without even warning. :no:
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:49 pm

I think that any gun crime should be tried in federal court instead of the local city or parish (county) courts. Unfortunately, there is too much politics involved in the local court system.

Not trying to get off topic, but we have a local black female judge that will pretty much refuse to prosecute a black for a crime. However, she is quick to prosecute the whites for the same crime. I am not saying that she is considering the persons race, but it was the black vote that put her in office. Now back on topic.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 pm

:help: whats that topic again :huh:
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Palin is great for us sportsman no one on here should disagree with that. Hopefully this will put us more on topic.
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby winters921 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 pm

La. Hunter wrote:Not trying to get off topic, but we have a local black female judge that will pretty much refuse to prosecute a black for a crime. However, she is quick to prosecute the whites for the same crime. I am not saying that she is considering the persons race, but it was the black vote that put her in office. Now back on topic.

i see a new law every person shall be dyed green or a neutral color

no seriously we should be way past race but it plays a role in everyday life but thats the world we live in
winters921
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote::help: whats that topic again :huh:

Your right, the topic has drastically changed. :hijacked:
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:54 pm

she is great for sportsmen, but is she great for this country, could she run it if, God forbid, something happen to mccain?
im not sure, i dont know if we could be sure unless that situation presented itself
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby cjc » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Ask an Osama Obama supporter why they are going to vote for him and they say "cause we want change". Then ask them what he's going to change, and they say "I dunno". Ha Ha

For you Barama supporters on here, Look at the Energy Policies between both parties. Backrack's policies won't take effect until after he would be out of office, except for his "Short Term" relief at the pump. What an idioso.

Go McCain and Palin :thumbsup:
cjc
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 am

I believe that she could be a good president if something were to happen to McCain. Certainly better on the eyes than any of the Democrat nominees.

Honestly, I want someone in office that will pretty much leave the rest of us along. I don't want anyone pouring more of my tax dollars into social programs that don't work and only cause people to become more dependent on the government. I want someone that America and the rest of the world respects, not because of their popularity, but because of their willingness to stand up for freedom, not only in America, but the rest of the world as well. And as far as I am concerned, that isn't Obama/Biden!
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:11 am

[quote="La. Hunter"]I don't want anyone pouring more of my tax dollars into social programs that don't work and only cause people to become more dependent on the government.

shouldn't we be able to depend on our government though?

i personally like what obama is saying/promising more than what mccain is saying/promising, as of now though we can't say for sure what is actually going to happen so i would have to go with what they are saying is going to happen, we should be able to trust our pres/government
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:22 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:shouldn't we be able to depend on our government though?

I think the people should first try to depend on themselves. I don't believe that the government should be in the business of handing out the taxpayers hard earned money to life long dependents. If someone is honestly trying and unable to make ends meet, then I think the government should offer a little temporary assistance. However, I think it should be a crime for someone to draw welfare off of the government and live in public housing, while at the same time buying big screen TV's or Cadillac Escalades. I believe that social programs should lie in the hands of Churches or other community outreach programs. Let them help the people along, while at the same time teaching them to become financially responsible and dependent upon themselves. I believe in teaching the man to fish instead of giving him fish.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Indawoods » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 am

PL Duckhunter-

Do a search on google for "project exile"

It is a cooperative program between local and federal authorities started in Virginia(?) that put away criminals for gun possession and gave them REAL time behind bars.

It was so successful that it spread nationwide to those states that were serious about enforcement. Most who read this may remember the TV commercials and billboards in their area.

The program, incidentally, was begun under the Bush administration to adress an utterly unconscionable DROP in gun crime prosecutions under Clinton. FACT.
The numbers are available online from each administration through the Justice departments statistics on crimes and prosecutions.
Google it, and then come back to this board a little more informed about what actually works to control gun crimes.
HINT: it's not restricting law abiding citizens rights.
assateague wrote:I'm not THAT cheap.

-on the viability of Pabst Blue Ribbon as a thirst quenching barley pop.
Indawoods
hunter

Postby HotDog » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:16 am

Back to Gov. Palin.

So many people decry the 'same old, same old' in Washington.
They want something new.
What gives them that other than someone who is NOT from Washington?
Obama and Biden promise 'no more of the same old policies'. How can they, with a straight face, say that when they have been part of the policy making proccess these last few years?
Democrats have controlled congress for two years AND HAVE DONE NOTHING when it was in their power to override the President.
Change?
Looks like the Republicans own the 'change' platform now.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby mag.DuckDuster » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 am

Osoma has proof of his stand on gun control, look at Illinois. Last time I drove through Chicago it wasnt legal to carry concealed. Another town where criminals are armed Image and us law abiding citizens are not supposed to be.
Remember the Brady Bill. What did that do? I think Osoma will bring it back. My signature is my solution.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."

-George Washington
mag.DuckDuster
hunter

Postby carlschmarl2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:46 am

winters921 wrote:i suggest we crack down on the illegal gun markets they ATF is doing a great job but more is always better

u are ignorant because u babble and need to get the facts straight its not as easy to get automatic guns as u make it sound

Don't let this left wing liberal give us other NY'ers a bad name. It's people like him that make NY one of the toughest states to obtain a CCW and we somehow still has the Clinton Ban in effect. NY also does not have any reciprocity to other states CCW's. No chit it’s not easy to get automatic guns...NY has an outright ban on them. It's hard enough for me to have an AR or any other style "Assault Weapon." The Hippie Liberals would rather take guns away than address the real issues of punishing those who use them against society. But heaven forbid we punish some scumbag ghetto kid for committing a gun crime The liberals would be all over that for not providing a better school system, better government assistance, better welfare, better health care so him and 15 of his fatherless siblings can all overcome the exceeding high pressures of society and living like a welfare ghetto thug. We all need to take a look at Virginia’s gun laws and how they prosecute those who commit gun crimes. It’s just like a Liberal to blame the GUN for a crime rather than the individual owning up for ones own crime…just pass the blame onto someone else. We need to start looking at the person holding the gun who is committing the crime…not the gun itself.

Carl
"Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium"
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby carlschmarl2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:49 am

La. Hunter wrote:
PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:shouldn't we be able to depend on our government though?

I think the people should first try to depend on themselves. I don't believe that the government should be in the business of handing out the taxpayers hard earned money to life long dependents. If someone is honestly trying and unable to make ends meet, then I think the government should offer a little temporary assistance. However, I think it should be a crime for someone to draw welfare off of the government and live in public housing, while at the same time buying big screen TV's or Cadillac Escalades. I believe that social programs should lie in the hands of Churches or other community outreach programs. Let them help the people along, while at the same time teaching them to become financially responsible and dependent upon themselves. I believe in teaching the man to fish instead of giving him fish.

The only gov't assistance I believe in is: Mandated Birth Control for anyone who collects a welfare check.
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby hankrt » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:56 am

Personally, I am all for protecting my right to bear arms, my hunting and fishing privileges and will defend them to the end. My real problem is, the last 8 years of the Bush conservatives. The mid west has lost so many jobs under their direction and big oil has been catering to their every need that they have lost focus on the needs of middle America. Without a job you don't buy shells or decoys or travel afar to your favorite hunting places because you cant afford it. I have lost all of my confidence in the GOP party, and it appears that this year, they are also internally loosing confidence among themselves. To me, this is scary stuff, and I have had enough!!! I am a proven independent voter for my entire life, and I have been so disappointed in our leadership for so long that it just sickens me, and it should sicken any middle class American who struggles to meet ends meet every single day. It sickens me to see our leaders with their hands out taking big pay offs from special interest groups in order to get laws passed that benefit's them and screw the little guy. It sickens me that our leadership no longer understands what its like to not have enough money to pay the bills, and to pay as you can, some are forced from their homes because they cant afford their mortgages. I want something different this time and you should too!! Go Barack and Joe!!!!
hankrt
hunter

Postby Puddler81 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:05 am

Reasons Palin is a good choice:

Pro sportsman - good for hunters in general

Pro oil drilling - Tapping into or natural resources, decreasing our dependency on foreign oil and increasing or national reserves will lower costs for consumers (read, more money for guns, ammunition, decoys and beer).

Not a beltway insider – This might bring some of that change the Democrats are always talking about. Like HotDog stated earlier, the Democrats have had the ability to bring change for the past two years and have done little to do so.

Foreign Policy Experience – Though Palin does not have a lot of foreign policy experience, her two years as governor of Alaska dealing with Russia and Canada has given her more foreign policy experience than Obama and if you've been watching the news, you should realize that that experience with Russia could be key. Besides, foreign policy decisions have just as much with the cabinet (advisors) that the president surrounds them selves with as it does the president themselves.

Lastly I would like to go a little off topic and bring some attention to the assault weapons issue that was being discussed earlier. The Democrat proposed 2007 assault weapons ban (H. R. 1022) does not just suggest banning automatic weapons. It also would bans shotguns, semi-auto or otherwise, that had pistol grips or thumb hole stocks. I know this doesn't apply to most water fowlers, but it affects most turkey hunters. It would also ban AR-15 / M16 style hunting rifles that are gaining popularity with predator hunters and deep woods hunters due to their compact size and light weight.
Puddler81
hunter

Postby carlschmarl2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:12 am

hankrt wrote:Personally, I am all for protecting my right to bear arms, my hunting and fishing privileges and will defend them to the end. My real problem is, the last 8 years of the Bush conservatives. The mid west has lost so many jobs under their direction and big oil has been catering to their every need that they have lost focus on the needs of middle America. Without a job you don't buy shells or decoys or travel afar to your favorite hunting places because you cant afford it. I have lost all of my confidence in the GOP party, and it appears that this year, they are also internally loosing confidence among themselves. To me, this is scary stuff, and I have had enough!!! I am a proven independent voter for my entire life, and I have been so disappointed in our leadership for so long that it just sickens me, and it should sicken any middle class American who struggles to meet ends meet every single day. It sickens me to see our leaders with their hands out taking big pay offs from special interest groups in order to get laws passed that benefit's them and screw the little guy. It sickens me that our leadership no longer understands what its like to not have enough money to pay the bills, and to pay as you can, some are forced from their homes because they cant afford their mortgages. I want something different this time and you should too!! Go Barack and Joe!!!!

“…middle class American who struggles to meet ends meet every single day…”

Why is it that they can’t make ends meet? How much over spending are they doing on other stuff? Stuff that they don’t really need. Give me a break. Sell the big boat, take less expensive vacations, don’t buy designer clothes, and get a second job. I don’t know, cut spending. Why do you think all this is the government’s fault?

"... some are forced from their homes because they cant afford their mortgages..."

I would blame that on their own stupidity for taking a out a mortgage they can't afford or a second and third one on the same house. Just because I can get approved for a 400K house does not mean I should go out and buy one. I blame the lending institutions and the individuals themselves. People then start crying that they can no longer pay their bills; so as in typical Liberal fashion, they beg for gov't assistance and gov't forgiveness on their loans. Bush did well by making it harder for these crybabies to claim bankruptcy. People need to start owning up for their own damn mistakes and take some responsibility and worry about themselves.

Carl
carlschmarl2
hunter

Postby Puddler81 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!
Puddler81
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:30 am

the average American living in poverty has heating/ac, two color tvs, fridge, and microwave. yes i know that their are poorer people and people that are even homeless, but i would venture to say that 99% of these people are able to help themselves but don't do it. i know quite a few people that live in my towns "low income" area, and i have heard so many of them say that they will not learn to read just so they can still receive their ssi checks.

and another example i have to touch on is locking up criminals.
my county, which i believe is the poorest or second poorest in the state, just built a real big sherriffs office and county jail and all they do is sing its praises. "It's so big that we can house other county's criminals and receive money for it" they say. All fine and dandy except, i know of one guy (and it is hard to say how many others) who always has warrents for his arrest. they will group up to go arrest him, he finds out and he takes off runnin. he is so fast that they will only catch him once out every ten times they attempt to (if that lucky!). when he is caught, they have his initial hearing and set a trial date. because our jail is too full with other countys criminals, they release him on his own recognisance (sp?) just so this obvious flight risk will go back to doing his same old crap. and like i said, they rarely catch him when they try. our officials wonder why our county is so crime and drug ridden.
mydogearl
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum