Wow !!! Good choice John McCain !!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 am

it's interesting to see the name calling and sophmoric belittlement are still active in your arsenal of "witty" discourse Redline. Move over mensa's!

Obama's credentials.... hmmm let's see... constitutional law professor (it would be nice to have someone who actually is familiar with the freedoms, checks and balances contained in it), editor of Harvard law Review, gave up lucrative career opportunities to instead actually help improve communities, personal integrity, honesty...

you're right none of that counts.

So what are McCain's qualifications. Oh yeah, POW. was once a maverick but now caters to religious right (great...) and picks a neophyte running mate with no particular qualifications other than she's a conservative woman... who likes pork barrel spending when it's for her little town.

On the positive side she has demonstrated that teaching abstinence only as a solution to teen pregnancy does not work. That's a good lesson for everyone. Also, she illustrates that good looks are more important than substantive intelligence to many voters.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:51 am

Sarah Palin's daughter is the perfect poster child to demonstrate that blind faith in teaching abstinence only is not a realistic approach concerning teen pregnancies.
This should lead to expanded sex eduction in schools and real progress toward reducing teenage pregnancies.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:59 am

So if the topic is going to turn to Miss Palin and a child out of wedlock then isn't it going to be fair to turn attention to Obamas mommy having a little bastard?

I don't really think Obama wants to see this issue put out there on the table however if the libs insist......... :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:06 am

What next Sarah Palin looked Putin in the eye with binoculars from the governor's mansion. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am

That will spook Putin about as much as Obama and the badazzed UN. :rolleyes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am

dudejcb wrote:Obama's credentials.... hmmm let's see... constitutional law professor (it would be nice to have someone who actually is familiar with the freedoms, checks and balances contained in it)
I read his 2nd book. Best I could tell, his Harvard education said that constitutional law is whatever 5 supreme court justice say it is.

He was wrong the the DC gun ban case. There were other one's he was wrong on as well. Some Constitutional Scholar who can't even read a simple law like the 2nd Amendment and come to the logical conclusion.

Another thing that really bothered me about his 2nd book. He referred generically to government, when you would have expected a Harvard educated lawyer to use some nuance between Federal, State, and Local Government. One of the big disagreements between conservatives and liberals (aka progressives) is which level of government should be handling certain things.

Murder is NOT a federal crime and it never should become one. Why not? That is a large difference between conservatives and liberals. There are levels of government for a reason and responsibility should be pushed to the lowest level possible and most authority should rest with the individual, which is ultimately the lowest level of government. Everything is not immediately a federal issue and most things should never be.

dudejcb wrote:gave up lucrative career opportunities to instead actually help improve communities
What are you talking about? It was a big sacrific to be a multimillionaire as opposed to what?

Community organizer is a political hack job in the corrupt political machine.

dudejcb wrote:personal integrity
I know my buddy is an unrepentent terrorist, but I have the integrity to over look that. I know my pastor is a racist, but I have the integrity to aspire to be President, so I can over look that.

dudejcb wrote:honesty
His first reaction to almost every revelation has been to lie. He is not an honest man.

He had a highly successful college career at a top college and has been a political hack ever since. There is literally nothing positive about this man that makes him a stand out for President.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Re: crossing posted signs in PA

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 am

Big5 wrote:Is it still OK to cross posted land in PA if you can figure out a loophole in the posting law???????

First the law isn't the same as a loophole. Your obviously mistaken. That's ok. I'm here to school ya.

YES. Did you miss it? YES. There it is again. Just like the last time. If you don't know the law, you get screwed sometimes. That's a sad fact of life. Learn how to legally post your property and its a dead baby, oops I mean issue.

Stay on topic. I don't care if you like or dislike what I type. If you'd care too, start a thread about the topic in the HH. but stay on topic please.

The whole point is that the liberal babykillers and the religous right won't ever see eye to eye. There is no GREY area on many topics.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 am

DuckinFool wrote:So if the topic is going to turn to Miss Palin and a child out of wedlock then isn't it going to be fair to turn attention to Obamas mommy having a little bastard?

I don't really think Obama wants to see this issue put out there on the table however if the libs insist......... :yes:

Why didn't I think of that?

Brilliant.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lanthanide » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:24 am

Hmmmm….

Experince?

Didn’t we once elect a little known governor from Arkansas…that everyone thought was too "green".

All you lefties loved that guy.
lanthanide
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:24 am

I think the Dams should just use the example to show it is time to ensure that teens get sex education in the school systems.

On the morality issue with the Family Values Party the Dems can stick to the example of McCain's adultery and taking out a marriage license with Cindy McCain while still married to his first wife.
Adultery was still a crime in Arizona when McCain had his mistress Cindy. I do not think that Arizona lists taking a marriage license with one woman while still married to another woman constitutes the crime of bigamy like other states.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:I think the Dams should just use the example to show it is time to ensure that teens get sex education in the school systems.

On the morality issue with the Family Values Party the Dems can stick to the example of McCain's adultery and taking out a marriage license with Cindy McCain while still married to his first wife.
Adultery was still a crime in Arizona when McCain had his mistress Cindy. I do not think that Arizona lists taking a marriage license with one woman while still married to another woman constitutes the crime of bigamy like other states.

You know this has been hashed out beyond belief. He was not married to two women at once like you continue to insist. He had the testicular fortitude to end one marriage, and start another, unlike a few Dems we know (Clinton, Edwards, etc.) who cheat on their wives, lie about it, while trying to have their cake and eat it too regarding their wives / mistresses. At least he had the guts to end one before dipping with the other.

As far as sex education, Palin believes in teaching abstinence in addition to other methods. Nevertheless, it has been proven beyond any doubt that abstinence is the ONLY 100% sure way of avoiding pregnancy and / or STD's. When teaching sex education, if abstinence is not taught as one of many viable options, then it is just totally irresponsible. Dumb libs don't even want abstinence to be mention in school, much less discussed as one of many options.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:00 am

The left just doesn't understand the morality issue. I guess if you have no morals it's tough to understand.

EVERYBODY has moral failings. Therefore, by definition, every political candidate is a morally flawed individual. Isn't that the reason they are running for office in the first place :smile:

If you cheated on your wife a couple decades ago, that was wrong. If you changed your ways, then it is forgiven.

If a politician is cheating on their spouse today, then go away and don't come back until you have changed your ways and proven it.

Any of McCain's major moral failings were in the past. Clinton's were in the present. That is the difference. If you are so immature that you are cheating on your wife or morally flawed that you think it is acceptable, then you are not fit to hold office. Maybe in the future, but not today.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 am

Both McCain and Palin have the dysfunctional record of opposing teen pregnancy prevention programs.

McCain lied about his adultery with his mistress Cindy in his book and to friends.
The dates showing he took out a marriage license with his mistress Cindy while still married to his wife are also public record.

The wheels are coming off the Straight Talk Family Values Express.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:The wheels are coming off the Straight Talk Family Values Express.

they are still firmly attached.... you are just having trouble with all the spinning :biggrin:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:15 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:McCain lied about his adultery with his mistress Cindy in his book and to friends.
The dates showing he took out a marriage license with his mistress Cindy while still married to his wife are also public record.
Does this bother you? Or are you just bothered that it doesn't bother us? You do know they were married in 1980. Just to help you out. That's 28 years ago.

Just to help you out some more. Nobody is surprised when both husband and wife have done things that they regret as a result of a failed marriage. If both acted honorably, the marriage wouldn't have failed :eek:

Despite your beliefs, us family values voters, aren't naive fools like you seem to believe. Remember repentance and forgiveness are the cornerstones of our family values. You expect us to forgive your politicians that have not repented, and not forgive ours that have :huh: Now that is truely naive.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Great posts Pennsytucky and Spinnerman. :thumbsup:
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Don,
I don't agree with many of your political views, but you're a good Moderator.
Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Yesterday McCain said "Take off your Republican hats and put on your American hats." (Yeah, I know it was meant for the Hurricane, but it should have been a broad statement.)The same should be said to the Democrats, then perhaps this country could unite and fix the mess we're in.

Here's a quote from Lil' Bush... "I'm a Uniter, not a Divider"Image
For me, this is right up there with "Mission Accomplished" in his top 100 foolish remarks.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Redline29 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Brydog wrote: Here's a quote from Lil' Bush... "I'm a Uniter, not a Divider"Image
For me, this is right up there with "Mission Accomplished" in his top 100 foolish remarks.

But obama talking about the 57 states he has gone to is A-OK.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby Brydog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:23 pm

I didn't say it was A-OK redline.
Don't try force feeding me your words.
If you've got something to say, just say it.....
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DuckMN » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:47 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:EVERYBODY has moral failings. Therefore, by definition, every political candidate is a morally flawed individual. Isn't that the reason they are running for office in the first place :smile:

If you remove the word morally in the second sentence, you will still have a true statement.

And on a serious note, its a simple fact that everybody makes mistakes. I don't much care if a candidate has had issues in the past, and issues with the family don't bother me in the slightest, I simply expect them to act appropriately when in office. I don't need a family history to tell if I trust somebody, I can watch two speeches and decide who I like or don't like. Everybody has a skeleton or three in their closet, but the past is the past.
DuckMN
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Screwing around and lying about it even under oath is no big deal.

The precedent has already been set by Slick Willy Clinton and seconded by all libs.

Right Libs? :thumbsup:
DuckinFool
hunter

obama

Postby Big5 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:01 am

Himmler stood by Hitler
Obama stood by Wright
TRY NOT TO BE IGNORANT
Maybe he just went to church for show and was not listening?
Last edited by Big5 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sea ducks are for me, lets hunt in 10 footers and sink the boat. THAT is excitement!!!!
Big5
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:00 am

I certainly did not support the actions of Bill Clinton with Ms Lewinsky.
It was a very stupid thing for him to do.
It probably caused Hillary the Presidential nomination, which is OK by me as I have never been a Hillary Clinton fan.

Look back to the Nixon/Agnew administration if you want to see some world class lying.
Anybody here old enough to remember what happened to that GOP ticket?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 am

It seems selective outrage is a symptom of chronic headinassitis among liberals. Everyone old enough to remember the mid 70's seems to have a real short memory about the worst president in US history, Jimmy Carter.

I find it absolutely amazing that libs who gripe about getting their constitutional rights trampled on by Bush are supporting a candidate who has voted to do the same and runs on a platform of promising to do it more. Selective outrage is hypocrisy at it's finest, no matter who is guilty of it.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:I certainly did not support the actions of Bill Clinton with Ms Lewinsky.
It was a very stupid thing for him to do.
It probably caused Hillary the Presidential nomination, which is OK by me as I have never been a Hillary Clinton fan.

Look back to the Nixon/Agnew administration if you want to see some world class lying.
Anybody here old enough to remember what happened to that GOP ticket?

There were many similarities between Clinton and Nixon.
http://acuf.org/issues/issue38/050617pol.asp

The difference is how the respective parties acted.

The GOP did the right thing and told Nixon to leave or get the boot.

The DNC did the wrong thing and said we don't give a damn what you did because it is party first.

If Nixon were a Democrat, he never would have resigned and would have served out his full 2nd term.

All the Democrats said that they "did not support his actions" but they did do everything in their power to support him staying in office. If that's not support, I don't know what support is. Thank God, because this definitely cost Gore Florida. If Bill & Hillary weren't power hungry, Bill would have resigned for the good of the country and Hillary would have never ran for the Senate, so it cuts both ways.

Lewinsky was stupid. Lying under oath was criminal. What he did was beyond stupid, it was crimiinal. A fact that is often over looked by those that "don't support what he did."
SpinnerMan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum