One Billion...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

One Billion...

Postby Brydog » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:12 pm

The next time you hear a politician use the
word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the 'politicians' spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of it's releases.

A.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.
A billion dollars ago was only
8 hours and 20 minutes,
at the rate our government
is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain...
let's take a look at New Orleans ...
It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator,
Mary Landrieu (D)
is presently asking Congress for
250 BILLION DOLLARS
to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number...
what does it mean?

A.
Well... if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
(every man, woman, and child)
you each get $516,528.

B.< /DIV>
Or... if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C.
Or... if you are a family of four...
your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D. C

< HELLO! >
Are all your calculators broken??

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax < BR>Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt...
We had the largest middle class in the world...
and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?
Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to
press '1'
for English.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Dukmunky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Good post :thumbsup:
Dukmunky
hunter

Re: One Billion...

Postby devildog28 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:51 pm

Brydog wrote:The next time you hear a politician use the
word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the 'politicians' spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of it's releases.

A.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E.
A billion dollars ago was only
8 hours and 20 minutes,
at the rate our government
is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain...
let's take a look at New Orleans ...
It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator,
Mary Landrieu (D)
is presently asking Congress for
250 BILLION DOLLARS
to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number...
what does it mean?

A.
Well... if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
(every man, woman, and child)
you each get $516,528.

B.< /DIV>
Or... if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C.
Or... if you are a family of four...
your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D. C

< HELLO! >
Are all your calculators broken??

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax < BR>Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago...
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt...
We had the largest middle class in the world...
and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?
Can you spell 'politicians!'

And I still have to
press '1'
for English.

You're one of the resident liberals on here, but you are speaking the truth with this one :thumbsup:

I am curious how you can vote for someone who wants to raise taxes to help the do-nothings of our country though?
devildog28
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:30 pm

brydog, are you pullin our leg here? :huh:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby The Cat Island Drake » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 pm

I have seen this write up before. God only knows what shes going to ask this go round. :mad: Dang democrats
There just ain't nothin' like a mornin' woody!
The Cat Island Drake
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brydog » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:12 am

devildog28 wrote:

You're one of the resident liberals on here, but you are speaking the truth with this one :thumbsup:

I am curious how you can vote for someone who wants to raise taxes to help the do-nothings of our country though?

I'm not a Dem. A Repub. or a Lib. I'm just a hard working citizen that wants to see some integrity put back in Washington. I know that George McCain cannot deliver what I want. I'm not so sure Obama can either but theres a better chance of it happening with Obama. McCain will only bring us a third term of Bush's failed and flawed policies, and send us further into debt.
I refuse to vote for that. :thumbsdown:

BTW, this is an e-mail I received from a friend, not something I came up with.

Obama has said nothing about raising taxes. That crap is flowing from the mouth of George McCain. Obama says he will cut taxes for 95% of American workers that make less than $250,000 a year.
Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. Only time will tell.
I'm just hoping for the best. This country needs serious help.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:15 am

I just have a hard time even considering a man that will not honor the flag of the nation that he is wanting to run. :huh: Will not honor anything that america is about. :thumbsdown:
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Hows about spending that money on wetland restoration and conservation, that way natural wetlands buffer the storm events affects on coastal areas the way they are supposed to.

250 billion would be enough to establish more surface freshwater diversions that will help reestablish our coastal wetlands.

Looking at the Davis Pond and Caernaron Diversions it seems that these projects hold the most promise to help build and sustain the coastal areas in LA
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby cjc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 am

smackaduck wrote:I just have a hard time even considering a man that will not honor the flag of the nation that he is wanting to run. :huh: Will not honor anything that america is about. :thumbsdown:

:hammer: :dito:
cjc
hunter

Postby johnboy07 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 am

I agree I will never vote for anyone who does not honor our FLAG. Any American citizen that would vote for a little man that isnt even devoted to his country should have their head examined
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:06 am

Brydog wrote: I'm not a Dem. A Repub. or a Lib. I'm just a hard working citizen that wants to see some integrity put back in Washington.

brydog, if you havent noticed yet, you are a liberal. you fit the definition almost completely, and you say the exact phrases, same things, at the same times as all the rest of the liberals in this country... good or bad, you are a liberal. just as i am a conservative. no doubt whatsoever... obama himself would tell you the same :smile:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:33 am

LA.Call'emClose wrote:Hows about spending that money on wetland restoration and conservation, that way natural wetlands buffer the storm events affects on coastal areas the way they are supposed to.

if the gov't wasn't taking so much damned money from individuals and businesses, the private sector could fund wetland preservation.
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby semo88 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Where is this alledged "non-flag honoring" coming from? Surely not that lame picture with a few folks on stage with their hands on their heart next to Obama, who happens to not have his there.
semo88
hunter

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:05 pm

semo88 wrote:Where is this alledged "non-flag honoring" coming from? Surely not that lame picture with a few folks on stage with their hands on their heart next to Obama, who happens to not have his there.
yep...comie bastard
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby speckslayer » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:14 pm

obama wants to raise taxes for people making over 250k a year which is the majority of small business owners, who also employ the majority of the population. and how will small business owners handle the tax increase by laying employees off. so if you think the tax increase will only affect people making over 250k you are sadly mistaken. you know the old saying "SH!T rolls downhill" if obama gets in you'd better hope you live where the land is flat.
three shots, three kills!!!!

goose huntin SOLA style
speckslayer
hunter

Postby kwacksmacker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:52 am

i am somewhat new to the forum and usually stay out of political debates, as i have my own views which lend towards the GOP and away from hippy tree hugging. however it makes me irate when someone sits and gripes about the state of our country. i will tell you why our country is why it is, it is because patriotism is a thing of the past with a lot of people. everyone wants to blame bush for this and that. true, he might not have made all the right decisions but let's look at this. clinton in office, world trade center bombed, launch a few missles in retaliation next trade center falls. bush goes all out (whether you agree with it or not) no terrorist attacks since. not stupid enough to believe it won't happen again but it has obviously gotten harder. secondly, people say they are not proud of this country or the state it is in (most recently obama's wife) that is a person i want married to the president. i am presently typing this from my laptop because i am to lazy to walk to my desktop. i am watching one of my three televisions in a house that a simple country boy like me could only dream of having while growing up. i have two beautiful children that are spoiled rotten and wear clothing that my parents would have laughed if i said they were worth it. i have more guns than i can count and will get more. i have two nice vehicle's, a good job that does not pay over 40,000 a year, a great wife who makes more than me, two dogs and no credit card debt. i am not rich, gas prices bother me, the price of getting by is more than it was when i was a child but i have more than i deserve. am i proud of a country that lets a guy like me live like this, absolutely. it makes me sick to hear everyone talk about obama and change, even though i have yet to figure out what exactly it is he is going to change. there was a day when someone who faught for this country, was a prisoner of war yet stayed true to his country, a experienced leader would be a shoe in. now with all the liberals looking for change we could very well be looking at a person who is a self proclaimed racist (not my words, his, read his books) does not have respect for this country even though i can understand that being he is black and running for the countries top seat and wishes out national anthem would change. you know, the anthem in which has stood for this country before any of our time. i have issues with a muslim leading out country and even though people fight this one, read his book, he has said he will side with the muslims. is mccain the best person for president, probably not but he is the only clear choice in my simpleton ways. plus if obama gets president, i would sure hope that the preference for minortities goes to the wayside, don't think the argument would go far saying they were being held down because of color if obama is sitting at the white house. simple man, simple values, the problem with america today is the people who make it up are a bunch of whiner cry babies instead of the people who used to take a stand for something. :mad: off my soapbox now.
totals for 09/10 season
5 bald eagles, 3 swans, 475 hen canvassbacks, 37 pintails, 400 teal blue wings and the season hasn't even started.
kwacksmacker
hunter

Postby DC KILLER » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:38 pm

kwacksmacker wrote:i am somewhat new to the forum and usually stay out of political debates, as i have my own views which lend towards the GOP and away from hippy tree hugging. however it makes me irate when someone sits and gripes about the state of our country. i will tell you why our country is why it is, it is because patriotism is a thing of the past with a lot of people. everyone wants to blame bush for this and that. true, he might not have made all the right decisions but let's look at this. clinton in office, world trade center bombed, launch a few missles in retaliation next trade center falls. bush goes all out (whether you agree with it or not) no terrorist attacks since. not stupid enough to believe it won't happen again but it has obviously gotten harder. secondly, people say they are not proud of this country or the state it is in (most recently obama's wife) that is a person i want married to the president. i am presently typing this from my laptop because i am to lazy to walk to my desktop. i am watching one of my three televisions in a house that a simple country boy like me could only dream of having while growing up. i have two beautiful children that are spoiled rotten and wear clothing that my parents would have laughed if i said they were worth it. i have more guns than i can count and will get more. i have two nice vehicle's, a good job that does not pay over 40,000 a year, a great wife who makes more than me, two dogs and no credit card debt. i am not rich, gas prices bother me, the price of getting by is more than it was when i was a child but i have more than i deserve. am i proud of a country that lets a guy like me live like this, absolutely. it makes me sick to hear everyone talk about obama and change, even though i have yet to figure out what exactly it is he is going to change. there was a day when someone who faught for this country, was a prisoner of war yet stayed true to his country, a experienced leader would be a shoe in. now with all the liberals looking for change we could very well be looking at a person who is a self proclaimed racist (not my words, his, read his books) does not have respect for this country even though i can understand that being he is black and running for the countries top seat and wishes out national anthem would change. you know, the anthem in which has stood for this country before any of our time. i have issues with a muslim leading out country and even though people fight this one, read his book, he has said he will side with the muslims. is mccain the best person for president, probably not but he is the only clear choice in my simpleton ways. plus if obama gets president, i would sure hope that the preference for minortities goes to the wayside, don't think the argument would go far saying they were being held down because of color if obama is sitting at the white house. simple man, simple values, the problem with america today is the people who make it up are a bunch of whiner cry babies instead of the people who used to take a stand for something. :mad: off my soapbox now.

I agree 100%!!!! Especially this part.

"it makes me sick to hear everyone talk about obama and change, even though i have yet to figure out what exactly it is he is going to change. there was a day when someone who faught for this country, was a prisoner of war yet stayed true to his country, a experienced leader would be a shoe in. now with all the liberals looking for change we could very well be looking at a person who is a self proclaimed racist (not my words, his, read his books) does not have respect for this country even though i can understand that being he is black and running for the countries top seat and wishes out national anthem would change. you know, the anthem in which has stood for this country before any of our time. i have issues with a muslim leading out country and even though people fight this one, read his book, he has said he will side with the muslims."

Open your eyes liberals.
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:48 pm

:no: if obama gets elected it will be a sad day

even sadder yet all my friends at school that can vote now are all pro obama
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby Bill Collector Bob » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

cjc wrote:
smackaduck wrote:I just have a hard time even considering a man that will not honor the flag of the nation that he is wanting to run. :huh: Will not honor anything that america is about. :thumbsdown:

:hammer: :dito:

I thought we covered this in an old thread and came to the realization that this guy might not be an anti-American after all... :huh:
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
Bill Collector Bob
hunter

Postby montana bound » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 pm

The change Obama is talking about is the change you will have left in your pocket when he's done , very little of it too :yes: :eek: :mad:
You get out of a dog , what you put into a dog!
montana bound
hunter

Postby choc24/7 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:11 pm

won't vote for a terrorist ever!!! thats right i said it o'well. kinda funny ow the LPGA had the "BALLS" to make right with foreigners. learn teh language or don't play :thumbsup: . can't we adopt that as well as a country for God sake :huh:
nothin like watchin' prior skybustin'

i usually have good seats for the show
choc24/7
hunter

Postby GKO » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:45 pm

If Obama is not going to raise Taxes, how is he going to Pay for all of the Programs he is promising? Not just Domectic Programs, but the UN deal where he is proposing 1% of our GDP to a World Entitlement?
GKO
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum