Who obama really is.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby waterfowlhunter » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm

:hijacked:

devildog28 wrote:The morning after pill isn't the same thing as an abortion method. Basically it's potato starches that prevent the egg from attaching in the first couple days. Usually the egg doesn't even attach for that amount of days anyways.

correct, It prevents the FERTELIZED egg from attaching which would be abortion after conception.

as SpinnerMan already brought up, Where is that line :huh:
is it at conception? after the first cell division takes place? I am not in a womans shoes and I do not agree with abortion but can respect an individuals choice when it comes to this, Especially when it comes to rape.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:06 pm

There is a way to settle the abortion debate once and for all. Put it on a national ballot and let the people decide. :yes: :thumbsup:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Not all fertilized eggs attach though, so in a way it's not killing anything. I'm pro-life myself except in rape/incest.
devildog28
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

To me the abortion issue is an easy one.....if you don't believe in it, don't have one.

Maybe you all ought to be brainstorming on what to do with all those unwanted children from unwanted pregnancies.
Look it..sex is going to happen..abstinance isn't working....Sarah Palin's daughter proves that.
Maybe we should think up a plan for those babies then there would be less need for abortion.
brownlou
hunter

Postby Brydog » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:40 pm

captainduckhead wrote:Brydog, It's a good thing you're a duck hunter, and you have a beautiful yellow lab, because your political opinions are for the birds... Can you name one good thing Ali Baba Obama has done? Can you explain why exactly you are voting for this terrorist?

Thanks for the compliment on my Dawg. :thumbsup:

I don't know of Obama ever doing anything,,, yet. What makes you think I'm going to vote for Obama ? I've never said I was going to vote for Obama.
I know who I won't be voting for though, and that George McCain/John McBush or what ever you want to call him. Bush has made a mess of this country and our standing in the world and with McCain voting with him 90% of the time I foresee more of the same should McCain win the election. This country can't survive 4 more years of Retardlican rule.
The gun issues don't seem like a big deal to me. Something has to be done about the thugs with guns. I think some of you are just paranoid about the whole gun issue.Image
As far as the Abortion issue goes,,, to each their own. It's nobody's business unless you like to stick your noses into someone else's lives and try telling them what they can do with their own bodies. Clean up your own back yards before you tell others what to do with their's !
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Brydog wrote: Something has to be done about the thugs with guns. I think some of you are just paranoid about the whole gun issue

Well now you're in my neck of the woods. I did something about the thugs with guns Brydog. I put them in jail by the hundreds.
And they are all out and doing it all over again; twice!!!!

I know you know this, don't you, thugs don't care about the law, the consequence of the law or mandatory minimums.

So how can a gun ban against law abiding citizens not bother you?

You're saying that it's okay for law makers, Obama, Biden, etc... to want to institute a ban of handguns, semi-auto's, etc because that will curtail the thugs usage of guns!!!! WOW

But we are paranoid? Come on man
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:14 pm

It would inevitably curtail the number of handguns, assault weapons, etc, and inevitably make it harder for criminals to gain possession of them. The less that are out there, the less that are out there. A handgun ban won't pass anyway. An assault weapon ban might, and I'd be for it. I'd also be for more restrictions on handgun purchases. The waiting periods, and all that. I was at an auction here in Nebraska about a week ago where not a single piece of paperwork was done on handgun purchases. You didn't have to show your handgun card, fill anything out, or even show an i.d. Most unfortunate was that the auctioneer announced that you didn't need a handgun card to purchase at that auction right as they got to the handgun tables. "So get your money out" he said. A LOT of people who were headed for the doors turned around. I was baffled. Even more so when I didn't have to show even an i.d. at the time of my purchase. Who knows how many felons, underaged youths, etc., purchased an easily concealed and deadly weapon that day. I suppose it will take a kid bringing one to school or the mall and killing a bunch of people to get the point across though. Oh wait, hasn't that been done already?
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

and my very first deer, should have done it decades ago
ohsay
hunter

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Well that's taking one for the team!

A lot of inevitability you believe in.

What about the family in Fort Worth this week suffered a home invasion during the night, 2 assailants, one with a shotgun. Wife took the shotgun and killed him, husband then critically wounded the other.

Inevitably they would have been a dead family, sitting ducks if you will, save for the will to fight for their family.

That's all we are seeking is the continued right to lawfully keep and bear arms; all arms.

It's not fair for people to offer up someone else's weapon of choice because they don't choose to use that one. That's what you do by offering to give in to a so called assault weapons ban or handgun ban. Then it will be shotgun ban, pictures of guns ban, thoughts of guns banned.
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 pm

whats been proven over and over is that banning a gun takes them from law abiding citizens, and NOT from criminals. ohsay, your a smart person, im surprised you are so shallow on this :huh: if 500,000 people have a certain gun, and you take away 400,000 of them, ALL the criminals who had them pre-ban will still have them post-ban. the difference being that now there are 400,000 MORE un-armed law-abiding citizens who can no longer protect themselves from the criminals who still have their guns. and the rest of the country is a little more gun-o-phobic.... no thanks.

the best way to curtail gun crime? go door to door....GIVING everyone a gun!!! if even 10% of the population carried on a regular basis, our crime rates would plummet.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:58 pm

summing it up:

you cant legislate away crime. impossible.

it really is true---liberalism always produces the opposite of is stated intent. -Beck
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:58 pm

Well said and 100% true pennsyltucky. Unfortunately I think the libs. will just say BS even though that there has never in history been a case where gun banning has reduced crime but instead increased. :no:
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby Brydog » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:15 pm

DoubleBayou wrote:
Brydog wrote: Something has to be done about the thugs with guns. I think some of you are just paranoid about the whole gun issue

Well now you're in my neck of the woods. I did something about the thugs with guns Brydog. I put them in jail by the hundreds.
And they are all out and doing it all over again; twice!!!!

That DB is the fault of the Just-us system. You're doing your job. The system's failing. It's all about collecting money.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:17 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:whats been proven over and over is that banning a gun takes them from law abiding citizens, and NOT from criminals. ohsay, your a smart person, im surprised you are so shallow on this :huh: if 500,000 people have a certain gun, and you take away 400,000 of them, ALL the criminals who had them pre-ban will still have them post-ban. the difference being that now there are 400,000 MORE un-armed law-abiding citizens who can no longer protect themselves from the criminals who still have their guns. and the rest of the country is a little more gun-o-phobic.... no thanks.

the best way to curtail gun crime? go door to door....GIVING everyone a gun!!! if even 10% of the population carried on a regular basis, our crime rates would plummet.

You have to look toward the future. I'm not in favor of a law that takes guns from a law abiding citizens home. That 'they're going to come take our guns away' is NRA paranoia. It's not going to happen. Unless you have violent crimes on your record perhaps. I'm in favor of them not selling as many, and thus not producing as many weapons that have very little practical or sporting purpose though. Eventually the numbers will be more limited and obviously harder to come by. Do you know how many illegal weapons are taken off of criminals every year? Take away some of the new ones being put into the pipeline and we might actually get ahead of the game.

Who's being naive now? You think having a gun in every home would reduce crime? Firstly, the average person doesn't know how to properly defend themselves with a firearm. Those who've been well trained recognize this all too well. Mandatory home alarms would be much more practical in avoiding home invasions than arming the ignorant masses. Secondly, do you realize how many guns are stolen from homes each year? Before various government organizations straightened me out, I had quite a bit of personal experience in that area. I probably stole and sold to fellow criminals at least 50 guns from peoples homes by the time I was 16. You'd be amazed how easy it is. I have a neighbor who keeps unregisterd AK's in an unlocked closet in his garage and sleeps like a log. He has them for 'self defense'. Who exactly is behavior like that defending? Having lived on both sides of the debate, criminal and law abiding gun owner, rural and inner city resident, etc., I think I have a fair handle on the balance of dangers and reasonable rights in regards to gun ownership. I don't fall victim to the 'propoganda' on either side. Most people however are far too easily led.
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

ohsay
hunter

Postby clwalkin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:21 pm

ohsay wrote:Before various government organizations straightened me out, I had quite a bit of personal experience in that area. I probably stole and sold to fellow criminals at least 50 guns from peoples homes by the time I was 16. You'd be amazed how easy it is.

By no means should you be able to be anywhere close to a firearm if this is true. :mad:
clwalkin
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 pm

clwalkin wrote:
ohsay wrote:Before various government organizations straightened me out, I had quite a bit of personal experience in that area. I probably stole and sold to fellow criminals at least 50 guns from peoples homes by the time I was 16. You'd be amazed how easy it is.

By no means should you be able to be anywhere close to a firearm if this is true. :mad:

:dito:
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:30 pm

clwalkin wrote:By no means should you be able to be anywhere close to a firearm if this is true. :mad:

Well, our laws protect the rights of minors with bad histories when they become adults (and act as such for a period of time). I recognize the fact that my actions as a youth had consequences I'll likely never fully realize, and do my best to live in a manner that might hopefully make up for some of them. It's all I can do.
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

ohsay
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:36 pm

ohsay wrote:
You have to look toward the future.
i am. and the future without fun guns to shoot stuff with isnt much of a future
I'm not in favor of a law that takes guns from a law abiding citizens home.
any law that bans a gun WILL outlaw a law abiding mans gun. i personally know guys who enjoy tinkering with those "assault rifles" also known as ar's and ak's. those laws WILL NOT take away the law-breaking mans guns. not even one
That 'they're going to come take our guns away' is NRA paranoia. It's not going to happen.
your right. they will make you bring them to them
Unless you have violent crimes on your record perhaps. I'm in favor of them not selling as many, and thus not producing as many weapons that have very little practical or sporting purpose though.
again, you think the rest of the world has the same definitions as you? aint so
Eventually the numbers will be more limited and obviously harder to come by.
less supply with steady demand creats high prices. everything about ANY gun ban, regardless of specifics, makes it harder and more expensive for us law-abiders. it does not affect the criminal, as they typically steal or buy on a black market for cheap
Do you know how many illegal weapons are taken off of criminals every year?
proof of my point. if they are illegal, how do they get them? you simply cannot legislate away crime
Take away some of the new ones being put into the pipeline and we might actually get ahead of the game.
if, maybe, kinda, sorta, not gonna happen...

Who's being naive now? You think having a gun in every home would reduce crime?
yes it would for obvious reasons. and i believe i said 10%... whats the crime rate in the european country where its required of its citizens to own a gun? check it out. then look up the crime rates of the european countries with gun bans....
Firstly, the average person doesn't know how to properly defend themselves with a firearm. Those who've been well trained recognize this all too well. Mandatory home alarms would be much more practical in avoiding home invasions than arming the ignorant masses. Secondly, do you realize how many guns are stolen from homes each year? Before various government organizations straightened me out, I had quite a bit of personal experience in that area. I probably stole and sold to fellow criminals at least 50 guns from peoples homes by the time I was 16. You'd be amazed how easy it is. I have a neighbor who keeps unregisterd AK's in an unlocked closet in his garage and sleeps like a log. He has them for 'self defense'. Who exactly is behavior like that defending? Having lived on both sides of the debate, criminal and law abiding gun owner, rural and inner city resident, etc., I think I have a fair handle on the balance of dangers and reasonable rights in regards to gun ownership.
and you think making a "new law" will stop the theft? nope. you have a better perspective than most.... how will new laws make criminals suddenly obey? you take away 99% of all the guns on the planet and the criminals will have them still. the ones who truely need them wil not :smile:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby DoubleBayou » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

I'm going to assume that his statement was in jest and given just as an example.

But this one I can't get past:
This dude said 'mandatory home alarms'

You know those commercials tickle me, door gets kicked in, lady screams, phone rings - Hi this is your saving grace is everything ok?
No it's not ok, someone just killed me because I'm on the phone with your dumb arse.

Oh ok I'm sending help right now!!!! Well, after I look up the number for yourlocaltown PD!

Man this is a hoot!!!!!

Inevitably she didn't have any way of protecting herself because she voted for Obama.
DoubleBayou
State Moderator

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:i am. and the future without fun guns to shoot stuff with isnt much of a future

lol Well I can't argue with that. I don't need more than an old side by side, some reloads, a swamp seat, a couple calls, a handful of dekes, and maybe my pops with me to have a good time though. I don't think they're ever going to come lock you or I up for shooting phonebooks or plywood either.

As for the laws, I'm just generally in favor of any that to whatever degree promote more responsible gun ownership. Did you read that post about the auction? It was terrible. That stuff drives me crazy. I honestly think that if there were stats to support our cause that the overwhelming majority of gun owners kept them in safes, used trigger locks, obtained/transferred them legally, etc, that none of this legislation would even be proposed. What reason would anyone have for thinking it's necessary? Sadly, that's not the case.

I always find it curious that there's never any proposed leg about dangerous components and average residents. I mean, you're a reloader. How much powder do you have on hand? I've probably got over 80 lbs. at all times. You don't need to fill out any paperwork to buy it, but how hard would it be to make a bunch of pipe bombs, or some really nasty claymore style explosives? No one ever seems to worry about that stuff though. Except probably Obama.
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

ohsay
hunter

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:01 pm

DoubleBayou wrote:This dude said 'mandatory home alarms'

I was using it as an example of excessive thinking. Like the arming every home owner idea.

Anyone in law enforcement can tell you the best way to survive a home invasion is to hide or escape the scene, not have an armed confrontation. Would you rather your wife or daughter shoot it out with some lunatic, or GTFO out of the house?
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

ohsay
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:04 pm

i have alot too.... whats real stupid is that they pick the least dangerous one to restrict the hell out of.... black powder.... :huh: a pound of black will maybe pop a car apart and make smoke.... a pound of herco has probably 10 times the energy....

we probably shouldnt be discussing this :rofl:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby tstroud05 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:05 pm

I know who I won't be voting for though, and that George McCain/John McBush or what ever you want to call him. Bush has made a mess of this country and our standing in the world and with McCain voting with him 90% of the time I foresee more of the same should McCain win the election. This country can't survive 4 more years of Retardlican rule.

Well for you info. Brydog, our good buddy Obama voted with his "crew" 96% of the time. The crew consists of dudes by the name of John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the liberal wussies. I really don't see the difference. Just because Bush happens to be at the helm? I hate to tell ya this, but one person doesn't make or break the country. It takes a group of politicians (congress) to achieve that my friend. To clairify, I am not a Bush supporter, but I do support McCain.
Hey there 'lil fella', ready to meet your maker?
tstroud05
hunter

Postby ohsay » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:25 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:we probably shouldnt be discussing this :rofl:

Talk about what? :wink:
2009/10 Season Totals:
doves-15
greenheads-53
bluebills-8
pintails-8
redheads-7
widgeon-23
gadwall-8
woodies-3
teal-13
goldeneyes-9
snow geese-18
canadas-102

turkeys-6
coyotes-51
bocats-3
badger-1

ohsay
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:38 am

ohsay wrote:Anyone in law enforcement can tell you the best way to survive a home invasion is to hide or escape the scene, not have an armed confrontation. Would you rather your wife or daughter shoot it out with some lunatic, or GTFO out of the house?

What a load of bovine excrement!!! Let the homeowners who want self defense firearms have them. In NC, if someone is in the process of breaking in my house, I have the right to shoot them through the door. My biggest problem is deciding which hangun to use to blow the scumbag away. Most likely, it will be my S&W M&P 9mm. IPSC really helps with practical self defense shooting applications.

Your liberal rationale is absurd. :rolleyes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:58 am

i wil keep each and every one of my guns regardless of what anyone else says. i will bitterly cling to them till the day i die, and i bet im not the only one in this country who will :thumbsup:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum