Buchanan Nails It

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Sliming Palin
September 8, 2008

Yo Bry and dude.......here is some reading material for you if you think you can handle unbiased truth. :thumbsup:

False Internet claims and rumors fly about McCain's running mate.

Summary

We’ve been flooded for the past few days with queries about dubious Internet postings and mass e-mail messages making claims about McCain’s running mate, Gov. Palin. We find that many are completely false, or misleading.
Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn’t cut it at all. In fact, she tripled per-pupil funding over just three years.

She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

She was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that wants Alaskans to vote on whether they wish to secede from the United States. She’s been registered as a Republican since May 1982.

Palin never endorsed or supported Pat Buchanan for president. She once wore a Buchanan button as a "courtesy" when he visited Wasilla, but shortly afterward she was appointed to co-chair of the campaign of Steve Forbes in the state.

Palin has not pushed for teaching creationism in Alaska's schools. She has said that students should be allowed to "debate both sides" of the evolution question, but she also said creationism "doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."
We'll be looking into other charges in an e-mail by a woman named Anne Kilkenny for a future story. For more explanation of the bullet points above, please read the Analysis.

More:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... palin.html
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:46 am

DuckinFool,

What in the world makes you think I'm afraid of the truth? I've been advocating that we all look for the truth and think for ourselves--and not allow right or left wing nimrods to think for us-- ever since I began duck chatting. Thinking requires, curiosity, skepticism, time, energy and discipline so most people just don't do it. Many tend accept what others tell them or what they hear on the radio or television without giving it any additional scrutiny; and that's a big part of our national problem

Don't slime me with your inuendo nonsense. It only reinforces the name you have chosen for yourself... Fool.
Last edited by dudejcb on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Dude you cut me deep. :rofl:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Spinner.....purposeful deception........palin lied.

Read this...the whole thing...not just the part you want to hear and/or believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
brownlou
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Apparently she lies about a few things... like the fact she herself was pregnant when she a Todd got hitched--so much for observing abstinence. Perspnally I'm not against pre-marital sex. but I don't go around gettin' all preachy bout it neither.

and under her watch in Wasilla, she cut police funding for medical evidence gathering in instances of rape, forcing the victims or their insurance companies to foot the bill. So I guess she relly is supportive of women's issues. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-alp ... 25833.html

Some pretty funny stuff about her on "dikipedia, the wiki for dicks"

and what is all that "Bush Doctrine" stuff anyways... that was the pretext for Irq? You'd think as "commander of the Alaskan National Guard" she might have some clue why they (and now her own son) were trotted off to war.

Yup, says Sarah, we might have to "go to war" with the Russians iffin' them commies mess with our newest bestest friends (Ukraine or Georgia, haven't picked a favorite yet) and we can get 'em into NATO fast enough.

The future seems birght with Sarah only a heartbeat away, doesn't it.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm

dudejcb----
These fellows keep thinking I am a liberal. I want them to think and think for themselves but they aren't getting it.

You are out of line with the comments on her marriage to Todd.
Whether or not she was pregnant, it is none of our business.

The "Bush Doctrine" incident is a big red flag. It makes me worry about John Mccain's health and his history of cancer. We just have to hope that he will have a good cabinet and great advisors to help her make the transition. Right now, I believe Putin would eat her alive.

Did you all watch the forum last night?
brownlou
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Brownlou,

You may be correct about Sarah's marriage to Todd. Ordinarily it would be just a private deal. The point I was attempting to make wasn't to berate the circumstances of their marriage. That sort of thing happens to plenty of people and is almost predictable considering the evolutionary tendency that makes species (including humans) bodies surge with hormones at a certain age/time of year that almost forces the issue. I've no qualms with that... it's nature's way.

Rather, I was trying to point out the hypocrisy embedded in those (like Sarah) who don't want to teach sex education and think teaching only abstinence is the way to go. For Sarah Palin, it's a "do as I say, not as I do" type of hypocrisy, and when you're willing to be hypocritical on something that important, what else are you willing to be hypocritical about? (or does she say that only to get votes? and which is worse?)

I think her stance on sex education makes the circumstance of her own marriage a valid line of logic worthy of our consideration and questioning. I have no problem with her being pregnant prior to marriage and Todd, by following through, demonstrated that it was a child born of love, not of passing lust, as is, unfortunately, so often the case.

BTW: I know you're not necessarily a liberal, you're a thinking man who decides based on... well, thinking. labeling makes it easier for these guys to discount your thoughts by belittling you as those of a "liberal, tree-hugger, bleeding heart, pot smking, yada, yada, yada." It's what they do when they have nothing of intelligence to offer.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:25 pm

And the main reason I luv Sarah Palin........she has the bed wettin liberals' panties in the biggest wad I have seen in years.

You know Hillary is laughing her ass off right now. :thumbsup:

McCain/Palin '08

Palin/Romney '12
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:47 am

DuckinFool wrote:And the main reason I luv Sarah Palin........she has the bed wettin liberals' panties in the biggest wad I have seen in years.

That's quite a thoughtful remark mensa. Are you in third grade, or is that when you dropped out?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 am

dudejcb wrote:
DuckinFool wrote:And the main reason I luv Sarah Palin........she has the bed wettin liberals' panties in the biggest wad I have seen in years.

That's quite a thoughtful remark mensa. Are you in third grade, or is that when you dropped out?

Truth hurts, doesn't it? (judged by your typical reaction) :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 am

Sea,

why don't you and DF just get a room and leave the rest of us out of it.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am

dudejcb wrote:Sea,

why don't you and DF just get a room and leave the rest of us out of it.

Showing some desperation I see...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seastreet
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:51 am

desparation or disgust, hmmm.... whatever makes you feel best.

BTW: emoticons and goofy pics are mostly gay crutches for the intellectually challenged. In your case they're totally gay.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 am

dudejcb wrote:desparation or disgust, hmmm.... whatever makes you feel best.

BTW: emoticons and goofy pics are mostly gay crutches for the intellectually challenged. In your case they're totally gay.

You are in a desperate temper tantrum.

I'll pray for you, but Palin will still win.

Try Zoloft. It will help with your emotional loss. :rofl:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:44 am

Why do the Republican's feel it is unusual for the American Public to want know all they can about an unknown political figure before a Presidential election?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Why do the Republican's feel it is unusual for the American Public to want know all they can about an unknown political figure before a Presidential election?

Why the long face AJ? I thought the Dems were poised to take everything?

Don't fret AJ... Hillary will still be around for another failed attempt in 1012. :rofl:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:54 am

No long face here, but how well I recall all the McCain tirades from you.

Pretty hilarious you are supporting a Presidential ticket of two adulterers, a drug addict and a Vice President candidate dodging and ethics investigation she assured the American public, she would "fully cooperate" with.

Concerning Hillary, no long face here either, I have not been a supporter of Hillary for President.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:01 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:No long face here, but how well I recall all the McCain tirades from you.

Pretty hilarious you are supporting a Presidential ticket of two adulterers, a drug addict and a Vice President candidate dodging and ethics investigation she assured the American public, she would "fully cooperate" with.

Concerning Hillary, no long face here either, I have not been a supporter of Hillary for President.

And you are supporting a cocaine snorting flip flopper, that picked a "business as usual" politician who keeps coming down with chronic "foot in mouth" disease.

When the investigation is truly independent and void of Obama's political hacks, then she should and will cooperate. Until then, go swallow your tongue for fun.
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:20 am

Funny you should bring up business as usual as a guy who is supporting McCain who voted 90% of the time with Bush.

More of the Bush economic policies are not exactly what is going to lead this country into an economic turn around.

While Bush/McSame are assuring everyone that the economy is sound, stay the course, Allan Greenspan said we are in the worst economic mess he has ever seen.
Mr Greenpsan has widespread respect form both parties as having no party bias.

But of course Bush and McSame have nothing to worry about in their own personal financial future.
Those problems are for little people.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 am

dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:33 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Funny you should bring up business as usual as a guy who is supporting McCain who voted 90% of the time with Bush.

More of the Bush economic policies are not exactly what is going to lead this country into an economic turn around.

While Bush/McSame are assuring everyone that the economy is sound, stay the course, Allan Greenspan said we are in the worst economic mess he has ever seen.

But of course Bush and McSame have nothing to worry about in their own personal financial future.

More of the same from you... All hat, no cattle. Enjoy your ass whooping November 4th. :rofl:
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:56 am

Dude,

You do know the Christ was NOT a community organizer. He was a teacher and philosopher. You guys just spout out any nonsense that sounds good in your head.

You do know we were joking about you guys thinking Obama was the messiah. Maybe you really do :huh:

This is like Nancy Pelosi saying the Catholic Church hasn't always been opposed to abortion. No wonder the liberal/progressive types are so clueless. They even slept through Sunday School. Christ was a pro-choice community organizer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:04 pm

seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Funny you should bring up business as usual as a guy who is supporting McCain who voted 90% of the time with Bush.

More of the same from you... All hat, no cattle. Enjoy your ass whooping November 4th. :rofl:

Hilarious seastreet,

That is the very phrase that best fits George Bush, you know the Texas rancher who is afraid of horses. :rofl:

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 3:27AM BST 21 Sep 2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... es%27.html

President Bush may like to be seen as a swaggering tough guy with a penchant for manly outdoor pursuits, but in a new book one of his closest allies has said he is afraid of horses.

Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, derided his political friend as a "windshield cowboy" – a cowboy who prefers to drive – and "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life".

He recalled a meeting in Mexico shortly after both men had been elected when Mr Fox offered Mr Bush a ride on a "big palomino" horse.

Mr Fox, who left office in December, recalled Mr Bush "backing away" from the animal.

''A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," he said, according to the Washington Post.

Mr Bush has spoken of his fondness for shooting doves and cutting brush on his Crawford ranch in Texas, which he bought in 1999.

The property reportedly has no horses and only five cattle.

Mr Fox is the latest old friend to turn on Mr Bush as the US president faces a lonely final 18 months in office, derided for failures in Iraq and at home.

Donald Rumsfeld, his defence secretary until last November, asked recently if he missed the president, said flatly: "No."

Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, has attacked the Bush administration's economic policy at length in a new autobiography, accusing the Republican president of poor fiscal discipline and betraying the party's basic principles of low spending.

Asked for his reaction to criticism from former aides, the president replied: "My feelings are not hurt."
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Hilarious seastreet,

That is the very phrase that best fits George Bush, you know the Texas rancher who is afraid of horses. :rofl:

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 3:27AM BST 21 Sep 2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... es%27.html

President Bush may like to be seen as a swaggering tough guy with a penchant for manly outdoor pursuits, but in a new book one of his closest allies has said he is afraid of horses.

Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, derided his political friend as a "windshield cowboy" – a cowboy who prefers to drive – and "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life".

He recalled a meeting in Mexico shortly after both men had been elected when Mr Fox offered Mr Bush a ride on a "big palomino" horse.

Mr Fox, who left office in December, recalled Mr Bush "backing away" from the animal.

''A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," he said, according to the Washington Post.

Mr Bush has spoken of his fondness for shooting doves and cutting brush on his Crawford ranch in Texas, which he bought in 1999.

The property reportedly has no horses and only five cattle.

Mr Fox is the latest old friend to turn on Mr Bush as the US president faces a lonely final 18 months in office, derided for failures in Iraq and at home.

Donald Rumsfeld, his defence secretary until last November, asked recently if he missed the president, said flatly: "No."

Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, has attacked the Bush administration's economic policy at length in a new autobiography, accusing the Republican president of poor fiscal discipline and betraying the party's basic principles of low spending.

Asked for his reaction to criticism from former aides, the president replied: "My feelings are not hurt."

Wow... You convinced me Armchair Jihadist. I won't vote for Bush in November. :tongue: But I will vote against Obama by voting for McCain/Palin. :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
seastreet
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum