Buchanan Nails It

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:Dude,

You do know the Christ was NOT a community organizer. He was a teacher and philosopher. You guys just spout out any nonsense that sounds good in your head.

You do know we were joking about you guys thinking Obama was the messiah. Maybe you really do :huh:

This is like Nancy Pelosi saying the Catholic Church hasn't always been opposed to abortion. No wonder the liberal/progressive types are so clueless. They even slept through Sunday School. Christ was a pro-choice community organizer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

actually I think he professionally was a carpenter/fisherman/philosopher/teacher/leader...

Pontius Pilot was a governor however.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Hilarious seastreet,

That is the very phrase that best fits George Bush, you know the Texas rancher who is afraid of horses. :rofl:

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Last Updated: 3:27AM BST 21 Sep 2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... es%27.html

President Bush may like to be seen as a swaggering tough guy with a penchant for manly outdoor pursuits, but in a new book one of his closest allies has said he is afraid of horses.

Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, derided his political friend as a "windshield cowboy" – a cowboy who prefers to drive – and "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life".

He recalled a meeting in Mexico shortly after both men had been elected when Mr Fox offered Mr Bush a ride on a "big palomino" horse.

Mr Fox, who left office in December, recalled Mr Bush "backing away" from the animal.

''A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," he said, according to the Washington Post.

Mr Bush has spoken of his fondness for shooting doves and cutting brush on his Crawford ranch in Texas, which he bought in 1999.

The property reportedly has no horses and only five cattle.

Mr Fox is the latest old friend to turn on Mr Bush as the US president faces a lonely final 18 months in office, derided for failures in Iraq and at home.

Donald Rumsfeld, his defence secretary until last November, asked recently if he missed the president, said flatly: "No."

Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, has attacked the Bush administration's economic policy at length in a new autobiography, accusing the Republican president of poor fiscal discipline and betraying the party's basic principles of low spending.

Asked for his reaction to criticism from former aides, the president replied: "My feelings are not hurt."

Wow... You convinced me Armchair Jihadist. I won't vote for Bush in November. :tongue: But I will vote against Obama by voting for McCain/Palin. :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can put lipstick on the McCain ticket but all you are getting is more Bush. :rofl:

McCain the "maverick" is under the bus, open and transparent is under the bus, clean campaigning is under the bus.
Not even mention anymore of the "Straight Talk Express Bus"
The bus has been thrown under the bus.

The McCain of his last election run has been corrupted.

Even Karl Rove of all people says McCain's campaign is lying.
Last edited by Pacific Fisher on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm

dudejcb wrote:actually I think he professionally was a carpenter/fisherman/philosopher/teacher/leader...
So you knew Christ was not a community organizer. Why did you post up the nonsensical button? Is this a lie, just purposefully misleading, or what?

dudejcb wrote:Pontius Pilot was a governor however.
I think a bigger slap would have been that Bill Clinton was a governor.

Your point is? She is a murderer? I don't want to put words in your mouth, so what is your point? Or like normal, you just don't really have a point.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:31 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:
seastreet wrote:

That is the very phrase that best fits George Bush, you know the Texas rancher who is afraid of horses. :rofl:

President Bush may like to be seen as a swaggering tough guy with a penchant for manly outdoor pursuits, but in a new book one of his closest allies has said he is afraid of horses.

Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, derided his political friend as a "windshield cowboy" – a cowboy who prefers to drive – and "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life".

He recalled a meeting in Mexico shortly after both men had been elected when Mr Fox offered Mr Bush a ride on a "big palomino" horse.

Mr Fox, who left office in December, recalled Mr Bush "backing away" from the animal.

''A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," he said, according to the Washington Post.

Mr Bush has spoken of his fondness for shooting doves and cutting brush on his Crawford ranch in Texas, which he bought in 1999.

Mr Fox is the latest old friend to turn on Mr Bush as the US president faces a lonely final 18 months in office, derided for failures in Iraq and at home.

Donald Rumsfeld, his defence secretary until last November, asked recently if he missed the president, said flatly: "No."

Alan Greenspan, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve, has attacked the Bush administration's economic policy at length in a new autobiography, accusing the Republican president of poor fiscal discipline and betraying the party's basic principles of low spending.

Asked for his reaction to criticism from former aides, the president replied: "My feelings are not hurt."

Wow... You convinced me Armchair Jihadist. I won't vote for Bush in November. :tongue: But I will vote against Obama by voting for McCain/Palin. :thumbsup:

You can put lipstick on the McCain ticket but all you are getting is more Bush. :rofl:

McCain the "maverick" is under the bus, open and transparent is under the bus, clean campaigning is under the bus.

Have you quit wearing lipstick yet AJ? Watch the results in November and please call for help if contemplating suicide. On the other hand... don't call. :rofl:

Remember this gem AJ?

Joe Wilson is a hero

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:22 pm

seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:
seastreet wrote:

Have you quit wearing lipstick yet AJ? Watch the results in November and please call for help if contemplating suicide. On the other hand... don't call. :rofl:

Remember this gem AJ?

Joe Wilson is a hero

Of course I remember Seastreet,

Joe Wilson was called "a true American Hero" by President HW Bush.
See quote in bold below.
Thanks for reminding us :thumbsup: :rofl:

Background on Joe Wilson

From 1988 to 1991, he was the Deputy Chief of Mission (to U.S. Ambassador to Iraq April Catherine Glaspie) at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. In the wake of Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait, he became the last American diplomat to meet with Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, telling him in very clear terms to leave Kuwait (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 107–27). When Hussein sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Baghdad) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by appearing at a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck and declaring, "If the choice is to allow American citizens to be taken hostage or to be executed, I will bring my own *ucking rope." Despite Hussein's threats, Wilson sheltered more than 100 Americans at the embassy and successfully evacuated several thousand people (Americans and other nationals) from Iraq.

For his actions, he was called a "a true American hero" by President George H. W. Bush. [8]

From 1992 to 1995, he served as U.S. ambassador to Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe.[11]

From 1995 to 1997, Wilson served as Political Advisor (POLAD) to the Commander in Chief of U.S. Armed Forces, Europe (EUCOM), in Stuttgart, Germany. From 1997 until 1998, when he retired, he helped direct Africa policy as Special Assistant to President Bill Clinton and as NSC Senior Director for African Affairs.[12]

Honors

Public service awards

Secretary of State Distinguished Service Award

Department of State Superior Honor Award

Department of State Meritorious Honor Award[14]

University of California, Santa Barbara Distinguished Alumnus Award

American Foreign Service Association William R. Rivkin Award (1987)[15]

Decorations

Commander in the Order of the Equatorial Star (Government of Gabon)

Admiral in the El Paso Navy (El Paso County Commissioners)
Last edited by Pacific Fisher on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Oh Sea... you have been sooooo served. so long!
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:24 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:actually I think he professionally was a carpenter/fisherman/philosopher/teacher/leader...
So you knew Christ was not a community organizer. Why did you post up the nonsensical button? Is this a lie, just purposefully misleading, or what?

Your point is? She is a murderer? I don't want to put words in your mouth, so what is your point? Or like normal, you just don't really have a point.

In essence Jesus was an organizer. He tired to get people to think and ralize the truth around them (sound familiar?)

I think the point about pontius pilot is that being a governor, in and of itself, can be either good or bad depending on the person in question and their particualr deeds.

Why does Palin appoint her high schoool friends to head state government positions? c...c...cr....cronyism and l...l...loy...loyalists. Haven't we seen enough of that crap to know better?

Do you really need me to explain this to you. it's pretty straight forward.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:
seastreet wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:
seastreet wrote:

Remember this gem AJ?

Joe Wilson is a hero

Of course I remember Seastreet,

See quote in bold below.
Thanks for reminding us :thumbsup: :rofl:

Background on Joe Wilson

From 1988 to 1991, he was the Deputy Chief of Mission (to U.S. Ambassador to Iraq April Catherine Glaspie) at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. In the wake of Iraq's 1990 invasion of Kuwait, he became the last American diplomat to meet with Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, telling him in very clear terms to leave Kuwait (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 107–27). When Hussein sent a note to Wilson (along with other embassy heads in Baghdad) threatening to execute anyone sheltering foreigners in Iraq, Wilson publicly repudiated the dictator by appearing at a press conference wearing a homemade noose around his neck and declaring, "If the choice is to allow American citizens to be taken hostage or to be executed, I will bring my own *ucking rope." Despite Hussein's threats, Wilson sheltered more than 100 Americans at the embassy and successfully evacuated several thousand people (Americans and other nationals) from Iraq.

For his actions, he was called a "a true American hero" by President George H. W. Bush. [8]

From 1992 to 1995, he served as U.S. ambassador to Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe.[11]

From 1995 to 1997, Wilson served as Political Advisor (POLAD) to the Commander in Chief of U.S. Armed Forces, Europe (EUCOM), in Stuttgart, Germany. From 1997 until 1998, when he retired, he helped direct Africa policy as Special Assistant to President Bill Clinton and as NSC Senior Director for African Affairs.[12]

Honors

Public service awards

Secretary of State Distinguished Service Award

Department of State Superior Honor Award

Department of State Meritorious Honor Award[14]

University of California, Santa Barbara Distinguished Alumnus Award

American Foreign Service Association William R. Rivkin Award (1987)[15]

Decorations

Commander in the Order of the Equatorial Star (Government of Gabon)

Admiral in the El Paso Navy (El Paso County Commissioners)

No AJ... You referenced Joe Wilson as a hero for fabricating lies about who leaked Valorie Plames identity to the press. Joe Wilson was shown to be a political hack and an opportunistic liar. Yep... That's your kind of hero. Liars and hypocrites. :thumbsup:
seastreet
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

In essence Jesus was an organizer. He tired to get people to think and ralize the truth around them (sound familiar?)

I think the point about pontius pilot is that being a governor, in and of itself, can be either good or bad depending on the person in question and their particualr deeds.

Why does Palin appoint her high schoool friends to head state government positions? c...c...cr....cronyism and l...l...loy...loyalists. Haven't we seen enough of that crap to know better?

Do you really need me to explain this to you. it's pretty straight forward.

You are so full of sh!t. Atheist speaking of Jesus's teachings. :rolleyes: What next? Communist speaking on the positive values of capitalism?

You dopey libs really crack me up. :rofl:
seastreet
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Neidermeyer posted,

"Remember this gem,

Joe Wilson is a hero"

How can we forget,

Thanks again Neidermeyer! :thumbsup: :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 am

dudejcb wrote:In essence Jesus was an organizer. He tired to get people to think and ralize the truth around them (sound familiar?)
Make up your mind. He is a community organizer. Then he's not. Now he is again. I definitely need you to explain your iterations.

If you are saying Obama is preachy. I will agree with that. As To quote Obama "Enough" as any mother would say to their children.

dudejcb wrote:I think the point about pontius pilot is that being a governor, in and of itself, can be either good or bad depending on the person in question and their particualr deeds.
So pointless nonsense. Thanks for clearing that up.

dudejcb wrote:Why does Palin appoint her high schoool friends to head state government positions? c...c...cr....cronyism and l...l...loy...loyalists. Haven't we seen enough of that crap to know better?
At least it wasn't her spouse (Hillary), brother (RFK) or gay lover (NJ Governor).

I'm glad Obama will not bring any of his crony's to Washington. :rofl:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 am

dudejcb wrote:Age appropriate sex ed for little ones would be teaching them to run away from strangers with candy, or republicans.
I just came across the actual sex education bill that Obama supported. Here it is.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=3&GA=93&DocTypeId=SB&DocNum=99&GAID=3&LegID=734&SpecSess=&Session

Each class or course in comprehensive sex education offered in any of grades K through 12 shall include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread of HIV

All sex education courses that discuss sexual activity or behavior shall satisfy the following criteria:
(1) Factual information presented in course material and instruction shall be medically accurate and objective.
(2) All course material and instruction shall be age and developmentally appropriate.
(3) Course material and instruction shall include a discussion of sexual abstinence as a method to prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
(4) Course material and instruction shall present the latest medically factual information regarding both the possible side effects and health benefits of all forms of contraception, including the success and failure rates for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
(5) Course material and instruction shall include a discussion of the possible consequences of unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.

Now this is the bill after mark up. It started out as grade 6 - 12 and was marked up to be K-12. You tell me how you can develop age appropriate education for a 5 year old that shall include any of the items that are required by this law? It was not what you assumed it was. It was what I said it was.

However, I do believe Obama is just too stupid to understand what the law actually said. You know with that Harvard Law Degree, he doesn't understand what the term shall in a law means and therefore what this stupid law he supported meant.

The law is the law. It is not a set of suggestions or things we would like you to do or consider. When it says shall, it means you shall do it or you are breaking the law and are a criminal.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum